Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are SO lucky to have him 22:25 - Nov 5 with 9122 viewsjudd

More column inches than Katie Price...

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/upstaging-the-aristocrats-rochdales-rise-to-become-e

PS, Rochdale once got to the League Cup final too.

Poll: What is it to be then?

We are SO lucky to have him on 13:23 - Nov 7 with 1197 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

We are SO lucky to have him on 12:49 - Nov 7 by DorsetDale

Yes there are many clubs have had wrangles with "hands on" chairmen but as is made clear in this and other past and current discussions, the fan base would not allow any situation to escalate to that level before the party in question is rigorously checked out.

Our best chairmen to date - Ratcliffe, Killy, Dunphy et al - have all been "hands on" and done fantastic jobs on behalf of all of us. Perhaps we should still have a chair more involved in the daily running of the club than it appears is the case? I certainly believe that should be the case.

It's my understanding that the current chairman had only been on the board 5 minutes before taking the position. Could it also be that because he shares the same name as a previous custodian, it was thought the fans wouldn't have any concerns about him not being local and would simply trust the board? I don't know but I think it's a valid question.

Fair point Dorset, my view is that he doesn’t have to be either hands on or live locally as long as the people in day to day charge are competent. I’m sure I and many others would like to know the circumstances of Dunphys departure however that’s done & dusted. I don’t think there was a queue of candidates to take the position on but as I said, a bit more interaction with supporters wouldn’t go amiss.
We are SO lucky to have him on 14:53 - Nov 7 with 1089 viewsDalenet

We are SO lucky to have him on 18:45 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

The club are good at liaising with the Trust, it’s rightly promoted as a real positive by both parties and is something that can only help clear up any concerns or questions the fanbase may have. There is no reason for this not to continue as there should always be that desire for as much transparency and openness as possible, something supporters have come to expect at Spotland, even around subjects that may be perceived as difficult or possibly controversial (like pies, obviously). The club deserve total praise for maintaining this communication process over the years.

Mention was made of this “strong working relationship” at the Trust AGM, as was the Trust’s commitment to acknowledging and prioritising any concerns fans have:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/11/agm-review/

The Trust themselves have previously touched upon these concerns as well:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/09/meeting-with-the-club-4/
<<“Given the club have spoke on a number of different occasions in the past couple of years about attracting investment into the club, we shared our concerns that it is exactly these sort of outside investors that had brought such misery into certain clubs, and that we would be naturally very wary. The club stated that as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are but there would be no consideration whatsoever about involving someone like those seen down the road.”>>

There is a meeting between the Trust and the club next week, members are invited to send in questions with all responses available afterwards on the Trust website. Send to info@daletrust.co.uk by 7pm on Saturday 9th Nov. If you’re not a member, why not join and send one in? You can join online: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/

I am already a member of the Trust thank you and I read that the Trust believe they have a good relationship with the Board. From my perspective it isn't as good as we would want - albeit better than many other clubs. Had it been as open and honest as we are led to believe then we wouldn't have been "surprised" about ticketing issues, season tickets, kids pricing, food and service issues, amongst other things. All of which seem to catch us and the Trust by surprise. And despite 18 months of feedback on catering not much has happened.

This isn't about bashing the Trust who I think try hard to do what they can. Nor am I bashing the CEO who is damned whatever he does. I just want to see more communication from all sides so that we can get a flavour of what is going on. Remember Team Rochdale. We all felt a bit involved. I just feel like a paying customer nowadays. And I don't feel happy when I hear that despite the League Cup run and budget cuts this season we are still struggling financially. A bit more openness and transparency might just engage us in helping a bit. That is all
We are SO lucky to have him on 15:18 - Nov 7 with 1050 viewsjudd

"Nor am I bashing the CEO who is damned whatever he does."

I don't think that is entirely accurate.

Praise has come the way of club initiatives (and rightly so):

Season ticket pricing

Season ticket local roadshows

Advertising on static sites around the borough

Hire of the pitch before it was replaced in the summer

Inviting local junior football teams to Old Trafford

Inviting local junior football teams to be flag bearers v Bristol Rovers

The above immediately spring to mind.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024