Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are SO lucky to have him 22:25 - Nov 5 with 9113 viewsjudd

More column inches than Katie Price...

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/upstaging-the-aristocrats-rochdales-rise-to-become-e

PS, Rochdale once got to the League Cup final too.

Poll: What is it to be then?

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:12 - Nov 6 with 2070 viewssweetcorn

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:08 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

And you're happy with his claim that the fans have "bought into" his, HIS vision? Like we were clueless before he did us all a favour and inveigled his way into his current, temporary position?

Feel free to put whatever words you want into my mouth, because nowhere have I said that.

My post is about our aims on the football pitch, which from my reading sounded exactly like something you’d want to hear as a fan.

As far as his ego goes, I couldn’t give a flying f*ck tbh. What he says doesn’t really effect my life or the club either.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:13]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:17 - Nov 6 with 2047 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:12 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

Feel free to put whatever words you want into my mouth, because nowhere have I said that.

My post is about our aims on the football pitch, which from my reading sounded exactly like something you’d want to hear as a fan.

As far as his ego goes, I couldn’t give a flying f*ck tbh. What he says doesn’t really effect my life or the club either.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:13]

Fair enough. No need to get so het up when others have a different view then

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:19 - Nov 6 with 2037 viewssweetcorn

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:17 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

Fair enough. No need to get so het up when others have a different view then

Het up? Hardly, simply stating how I read the comments.

No need to take something that isn’t really personal, so personally.

There was me thinking it was only the younger generation who got offended so easily..
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:19]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:39 - Nov 6 with 1995 viewsJames1980

I would like the next person who interviews DB to ask.
Considering another local club had aspirations to be in The Championship and it went terribly wrong, what are the plans to prevent that happening? Are there any plans to borrow money against the ground?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:40 - Nov 6 with 1992 views49thseason

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:33 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

What do you expect him to say? We’re happy to sit in league one for the rest of our lives and bore our fans with mediocrity for the next 25 years.

Of course he’s going to say that’s the aim, why wouldn’t that be anyone’s aim?

He is the CEO , not the Manager or the Chairman, either of whom might make forward looking statements about the club with credibility. As CEO his job is to ensure the club finances are in order and that players are properly registered and League rules are followed plus overseeing the daily tasks associated with running the business.

I have no idea about what other Directors think about the seemingly endless self aggrandisment that seems to be second nature to Mr Bottomley but from a fans perspective I would rather he concentrated on making the matchday proposition a more enjoyable one by fixing the sound system, ensuring the seats are clean and stop applying petty rules like charging 2 quid extra for pay on the day fans on a dismal Tuesday night when it was easier and cheaper to go to a bonfire or stay at home , especially since statistically it was a safe bet we wouldnt win the game, and indeed have only won at home 15 times since the start of the 17/18 season ... 55 games and counting!
Every fan who normally pays on the day and decided not to bother last night negated the extra £2 collected from 10 other fans who paid up... its hardly what you could call an effective marketing policy.
We are SO lucky to have him on 11:00 - Nov 6 with 1955 viewskiwidale

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:40 - Nov 6 by 49thseason

He is the CEO , not the Manager or the Chairman, either of whom might make forward looking statements about the club with credibility. As CEO his job is to ensure the club finances are in order and that players are properly registered and League rules are followed plus overseeing the daily tasks associated with running the business.

I have no idea about what other Directors think about the seemingly endless self aggrandisment that seems to be second nature to Mr Bottomley but from a fans perspective I would rather he concentrated on making the matchday proposition a more enjoyable one by fixing the sound system, ensuring the seats are clean and stop applying petty rules like charging 2 quid extra for pay on the day fans on a dismal Tuesday night when it was easier and cheaper to go to a bonfire or stay at home , especially since statistically it was a safe bet we wouldnt win the game, and indeed have only won at home 15 times since the start of the 17/18 season ... 55 games and counting!
Every fan who normally pays on the day and decided not to bother last night negated the extra £2 collected from 10 other fans who paid up... its hardly what you could call an effective marketing policy.

There is far to much sense in your post to expect the club to respond.

This is not the time for bickering.

We are SO lucky to have him on 11:03 - Nov 6 with 1941 viewsnordenblue

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:02 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

Unless I read a different article to you, I’m pretty sure he said the current aim is to stay where we are, whilst also trying to build towards one day making an assault at getting into the championship.

You don’t like him, I get it, but there is nothing wrong with the statement that he made about building to the championship. Your gripe in the post I quoted wasn’t anything to do with him being a narcissist so I’m not sure why you’ve put the part about “me me me”
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:05]

No you've read the same statement I'd guess,it's just some people can see right through what he's talking about and the reasoning behind it, the guy talks like he's some sort of saviour riding in to drag the club to a whole new level,obviously all down to HIS vision, can you spot a few similarities to things that developed not too far down the road and how did that end up?

The guys a charlatan, and I don't mean he plays in a band with Tim Burgess either
We are SO lucky to have him on 11:09 - Nov 6 with 1935 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:33 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

What do you expect him to say? We’re happy to sit in league one for the rest of our lives and bore our fans with mediocrity for the next 25 years.

Of course he’s going to say that’s the aim, why wouldn’t that be anyone’s aim?

The ambition for future years should be a given.

In fact, a previous article published in August and penned by Shelina Begum ( it was edited after being challenged on here, BTW) contained the following attributed quotation:

"We are in talks with a number of people at the moment, we've signed a couple of non-disclosure agreements so it's getting serious..."

Putting it into the public domain invites scrutiny and questioning as to where we are with the outside investment we so blatantly crave and as is referenced elsewhere in her article.

Login to get fewer ads

We are SO lucky to have him on 11:54 - Nov 6 with 1871 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:19 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

Het up? Hardly, simply stating how I read the comments.

No need to take something that isn’t really personal, so personally.

There was me thinking it was only the younger generation who got offended so easily..
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:19]

You say you don't like having words put into your mouth, but clearly you like even less having "a flying f*ck" rammed down your throat

No offence, like

We are SO lucky to have him on 16:20 - Nov 6 with 1678 viewsJames1980

There are some positive things in the article. Praise for our academy and being ambitious is not a bad thing in of itself.
'stole the limelight' is a cliche and not really worth getting bothered about imo. The 'his team' definitely doesn't sit right with me, surely it is The Team or Our Team but not 'His Team' unless I am mistaken and he was referring to the BODs and not the team on the pitch
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:26]

We are SO lucky to have him on 16:37 - Nov 6 with 1650 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 16:20 - Nov 6 by James1980

There are some positive things in the article. Praise for our academy and being ambitious is not a bad thing in of itself.
'stole the limelight' is a cliche and not really worth getting bothered about imo. The 'his team' definitely doesn't sit right with me, surely it is The Team or Our Team but not 'His Team' unless I am mistaken and he was referring to the BODs and not the team on the pitch
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 16:26]

To steal the limelight is to draw the focus of attention to oneself at the expense of others.

Does that sound right?

Not in my book.

To praise Bradford City for their run to the final and not mention our own achievement as being the first lowest division club to do so?

Ambition needs to be tempered with a dose of reality, which the longer term view appears to accept, but there is in the public domain reference to NDAs signed with potential investors.

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:08 - Nov 6 with 1600 viewsJames1980

We are SO lucky to have him on 16:37 - Nov 6 by judd

To steal the limelight is to draw the focus of attention to oneself at the expense of others.

Does that sound right?

Not in my book.

To praise Bradford City for their run to the final and not mention our own achievement as being the first lowest division club to do so?

Ambition needs to be tempered with a dose of reality, which the longer term view appears to accept, but there is in the public domain reference to NDAs signed with potential investors.

I would like to think the 'cliche' wasn't intended to have negative connotations and it was to mention the other players the academy has brought through.
Bradford got to the league Cup final slightly more recently than we did, but yes he should have said about our achievement however long ago it was.
You are right about tempered ambition and it would be good if there is a message from the board the ambitions will not risk the integrity of the club.

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:18 - Nov 6 with 1584 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:08 - Nov 6 by James1980

I would like to think the 'cliche' wasn't intended to have negative connotations and it was to mention the other players the academy has brought through.
Bradford got to the league Cup final slightly more recently than we did, but yes he should have said about our achievement however long ago it was.
You are right about tempered ambition and it would be good if there is a message from the board the ambitions will not risk the integrity of the club.

Those of us who've been to a fans forum since DB became CEO have experienced difficulty in getting any responses from members of the board apart from him. I directed a question to our chairman specifically to try to break up the answers being fielded by DB. I got a minimal response and then it was back to business as usual

That told me more than a thousand written articles or opinions on messageboards

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:57 - Nov 6 with 1520 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:08 - Nov 6 by James1980

I quoted the definition of the cliche. It does have negative connotations.

We are SO lucky to have him on 18:02 - Nov 6 with 1515 viewsJames1980

We are SO lucky to have him on 17:57 - Nov 6 by judd

I quoted the definition of the cliche. It does have negative connotations.

I know but I would like to think it was just a poor choice of phrase and not malicious

We are SO lucky to have him on 18:11 - Nov 6 with 1498 viewsDalenet

Whatever happened to the so called weekly Dave's Diary where he was planning to improve communication between the club and fans. It only lasted 5 weeks!!! I know some on here hated it, but I would rather hear from him than not. People don't have to read it. The Chairman clearly doesn't want to communicate either. We seem to have a worse level of communication than at any time in the past 10 years that I can remember. Maybe my mind is playing tricks. But given the bury fiasco, you'd think we'd be savvy enough to engage with the fans publicly from time to time.
We are SO lucky to have him on 18:45 - Nov 6 with 1441 views442Dale

We are SO lucky to have him on 18:11 - Nov 6 by Dalenet

Whatever happened to the so called weekly Dave's Diary where he was planning to improve communication between the club and fans. It only lasted 5 weeks!!! I know some on here hated it, but I would rather hear from him than not. People don't have to read it. The Chairman clearly doesn't want to communicate either. We seem to have a worse level of communication than at any time in the past 10 years that I can remember. Maybe my mind is playing tricks. But given the bury fiasco, you'd think we'd be savvy enough to engage with the fans publicly from time to time.

The club are good at liaising with the Trust, it’s rightly promoted as a real positive by both parties and is something that can only help clear up any concerns or questions the fanbase may have. There is no reason for this not to continue as there should always be that desire for as much transparency and openness as possible, something supporters have come to expect at Spotland, even around subjects that may be perceived as difficult or possibly controversial (like pies, obviously). The club deserve total praise for maintaining this communication process over the years.

Mention was made of this “strong working relationship” at the Trust AGM, as was the Trust’s commitment to acknowledging and prioritising any concerns fans have:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/11/agm-review/

The Trust themselves have previously touched upon these concerns as well:
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/09/meeting-with-the-club-4/
<<“Given the club have spoke on a number of different occasions in the past couple of years about attracting investment into the club, we shared our concerns that it is exactly these sort of outside investors that had brought such misery into certain clubs, and that we would be naturally very wary. The club stated that as a club that doesn’t even own its own training facilities, such investment was necessary for us to continue at the level we are but there would be no consideration whatsoever about involving someone like those seen down the road.”>>

There is a meeting between the Trust and the club next week, members are invited to send in questions with all responses available afterwards on the Trust website. Send to info@daletrust.co.uk by 7pm on Saturday 9th Nov. If you’re not a member, why not join and send one in? You can join online: https://www.daletrust.co.uk/adult-exile-membership/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We are SO lucky to have him on 19:11 - Nov 6 with 1394 viewsmikehunt

As soon as we took ownership of the ground I was worried about the possibility of incomers with hostile intentions. Not saying this is what is happening but the custodians, with the good of the club at heart, have to have eyes at the backs of their heads.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

We are SO lucky to have him on 19:14 - Nov 6 with 1393 viewsdawlishdale

The relationship between the Trust and the club went downhill when Bottomley insisted on the stupid decision to hold a Gala Dinner at the town hall despite several warnings that it would meet with disapproval from the fans.

Amazingly, he then tried to put the blame on the Trust and this messageboard presumably to avoid having to backtrack and apologise.

I'm afraid I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. And our chairman needs to wake up and keep him in check.

I have no idea of his business acumen..but based on what I do know, it's a strange appointment, and some of the recent media supports my concerns.
We are SO lucky to have him on 19:23 - Nov 6 with 1372 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 19:14 - Nov 6 by dawlishdale

The relationship between the Trust and the club went downhill when Bottomley insisted on the stupid decision to hold a Gala Dinner at the town hall despite several warnings that it would meet with disapproval from the fans.

Amazingly, he then tried to put the blame on the Trust and this messageboard presumably to avoid having to backtrack and apologise.

I'm afraid I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. And our chairman needs to wake up and keep him in check.

I have no idea of his business acumen..but based on what I do know, it's a strange appointment, and some of the recent media supports my concerns.

The Chairman does what he's told to do, by youknowwho. It's very much part of the reason for disquiet

When did the Chairman last address the fanbase, either in person or via club channels? Has he ever done so? And why not? I think i've already answered the last question

Unless, of course, we hear differently...

We are SO lucky to have him on 20:01 - Nov 6 with 1300 viewsnordenblue

We are SO lucky to have him on 19:14 - Nov 6 by dawlishdale

Not sure there's much chance of the chairman keeping him in check,instead he's left to let his mouth run wild as per usual,and tell us all what a brilliant job he's doing with HIS club...
We are SO lucky to have him on 20:07 - Nov 6 with 1290 views56years

It all seems like a very personal vendetta to me - cue a few posts from certain people telling me why not etc. etc.
To me the bloke has done a good job and there are a few people who for some reason don't like him and take great delight in searching out every bit of dirt they can find.
The club has moved forward light years in the last few years under Dunphy and the new Chairman and I find this sort of post unhelpful and vindictive - cue a few posts from certain people telling me why not etc. etc.
The Chief Exec's role is to promote the club and of course they appear as the 'front man', what is wrong with that? To me there are a few on this board who revel in negativity - the fact we are even featured in this publication is in itself a bonus - 56 years ago we certainly wouldn't have been!
We are SO lucky to have him on 20:21 - Nov 6 with 1261 viewsfitzochris

We are SO lucky to have him on 20:07 - Nov 6 by 56years

It all seems like a very personal vendetta to me - cue a few posts from certain people telling me why not etc. etc.
To me the bloke has done a good job and there are a few people who for some reason don't like him and take great delight in searching out every bit of dirt they can find.
The club has moved forward light years in the last few years under Dunphy and the new Chairman and I find this sort of post unhelpful and vindictive - cue a few posts from certain people telling me why not etc. etc.
The Chief Exec's role is to promote the club and of course they appear as the 'front man', what is wrong with that? To me there are a few on this board who revel in negativity - the fact we are even featured in this publication is in itself a bonus - 56 years ago we certainly wouldn't have been!

I don’t think it was around 56 years ago.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

We are SO lucky to have him on 20:23 - Nov 6 with 1257 viewsnordenblue

What has he done in your opinion that highlights hes doing a good job and how have we moved on light years under the current chairman?

I bet the few folk on the bury forum were also accused of having a personal vendetta against various chairmen when they spoke out too...how did that game finish up?

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
We are SO lucky to have him on 20:29 - Nov 6 with 1241 viewsD_Alien

Here's a question, right on cue. What has the new Chairman done to progress the club?

Edit: just seen its been asked by nb too
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 20:30]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024