Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are SO lucky to have him 22:25 - Nov 5 with 9112 viewsjudd

More column inches than Katie Price...

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/upstaging-the-aristocrats-rochdales-rise-to-become-e

PS, Rochdale once got to the League Cup final too.

Poll: What is it to be then?

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:47 - Nov 5 with 3784 viewsnordenblue

He could look very silly coming out with comments including promotion,
We are SO lucky to have him on 22:49 - Nov 5 with 3766 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:47 - Nov 5 by nordenblue

Not now that us fans have bought into it...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:53 - Nov 5 with 3730 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:49 - Nov 5 by D_Alien

Yes, we have COMPLETELY bought into HIS GOVERNANCE of the club.

I don't think so.

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:59 - Nov 5 with 3700 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:49 - Nov 5 by D_Alien

Oh, and get this, minions. HE has taken the club from strength to strength.

HE.

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:10 - Nov 5 with 3650 viewsSuddenLad

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:59 - Nov 5 by judd

Oh, and get this, minions. HE has taken the club from strength to strength.

HE.

The Ego Has Landed

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 3620 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:10 - Nov 5 by SuddenLad

The Ego Has Landed

What about poor Luke who STOLE the limelight?

Who sanctioned that word?

He absolutely DESERVED the limelight.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 23:18]

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:17 - Nov 5 with 3612 viewsJames1980

He's not planning on turning up to training in a pair of ill fitting shorts is he
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 23:21]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:19 - Nov 5 with 3599 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:17 - Nov 5 by James1980

He's not planning on turning up to training in a pair of ill fitting shorts is he
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 23:21]

If there's a journo there then perhaps.

Especially from the Mirror.

Login to get fewer ads

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:22 - Nov 5 with 3580 views_Windydale

TO be fair its the writer blowing smoke up Bottomley's ars,e painting an image as the clubs saviour. The chairman though, makes lots of positive statements about Dale.
We are SO lucky to have him on 23:24 - Nov 5 with 3568 viewsSuddenLad

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:22 - Nov 5 by _Windydale

TO be fair its the writer blowing smoke up Bottomley's ars,e painting an image as the clubs saviour. The chairman though, makes lots of positive statements about Dale.

Chairman ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:27 - Nov 5 with 3548 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:22 - Nov 5 by _Windydale

Well reading the journos biog he can now add the name of Bottomley to Nadal, Federer and Djokovic he's now seen in action.

Ace.
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 23:28]

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:28 - Nov 5 with 3533 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:24 - Nov 5 by SuddenLad

Chairman ??

No one else matters.

We are SO lucky to have him on 23:38 - Nov 5 with 3479 views_Windydale

Oops.. sorry meant to say lottery Manager
[Post edited 5 Nov 2019 23:41]
We are SO lucky to have him on 23:49 - Nov 5 with 3446 viewsSandyman

One word summarises that interview. ME

How does I/ME justify our woeful from at home by the team of I/ME in the league?

"the fans have completely bought into Bottomley’s governance of the club. He’s taken the club from strength to strength and the promises of expanding even further will certainly bring smiles to the faces of Rochdale fans."

Really?

Having heard his pathetic lack of ambition at Fans forums and beyond, and acceptance of the "poor little Rochdale" tag, I see the opposite in reality.

We used to have the best pies, not the most expensive.
We are SO lucky to have him on 00:21 - Nov 6 with 3396 viewsAussieDale

Would somebody please explain to someone far away why this degree of hostility exists between a number posters on this board and the CEO. Col, whose judgement I trust, a while back posted that he found him to be a decent bloke in his personal dealings with him, yet certain posters seem to take every opportunity to criticise him. Having said that this latest article,or at least some of the phrases in it, doesn't do him any favours. It looks a bit like he's touting for outside investment, much like Bury and Oldham have done in recent times. That model doesn't appear to have worked that well.
We are SO lucky to have him on 06:25 - Nov 6 with 3254 viewsfitzochris

I would like to think Keith Hill and BBM deserve a lot of credit for recent successes and survivals and for the integration of youth into the first team. The article ignores that element.

It’s the kind of article you’d expect from a student journo, and I wouldn’t be surprised if copy approval was given. He loses all credibility for me where, in his biog, he says England shouldn’t have been anywhere near winning the Cricket World Cup.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 6:31]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

We are SO lucky to have him on 07:28 - Nov 6 with 3173 viewsnordenblue

We are SO lucky to have him on 00:21 - Nov 6 by AussieDale

Would somebody please explain to someone far away why this degree of hostility exists between a number posters on this board and the CEO. Col, whose judgement I trust, a while back posted that he found him to be a decent bloke in his personal dealings with him, yet certain posters seem to take every opportunity to criticise him. Having said that this latest article,or at least some of the phrases in it, doesn't do him any favours. It looks a bit like he's touting for outside investment, much like Bury and Oldham have done in recent times. That model doesn't appear to have worked that well.

Some folk can maybe see through the bollox he spouts,speaking of which what happened to "Dave's Diary"?
Some would probably like to know how/why he even found himself in the CEO role, surely our ever present chairman would clear all this up?
We are SO lucky to have him on 07:46 - Nov 6 with 3138 viewsEllDale

Was I the only person who noticed that in all the publicity surrounding Luke Matheson's signing of a contract last week that there wasn't a peep from the manager or a photo of BBM with the player as would normally be customary?
We are SO lucky to have him on 08:06 - Nov 6 with 3099 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 07:46 - Nov 6 by EllDale

Was I the only person who noticed that in all the publicity surrounding Luke Matheson's signing of a contract last week that there wasn't a peep from the manager or a photo of BBM with the player as would normally be customary?

No, sir, you were not.

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:26 - Nov 6 with 3065 viewsjudd

We are SO lucky to have him on 00:21 - Nov 6 by AussieDale

In part you have answered your own question.

When he was appointed, highly regarded by 2 respected Dale fans I know personally, and the gushing praise from another poster on here about his Churchillian-esque acceptance speech, was it so wrong for any Dale fan to research the new "Governor" , expecting to find an exemplary individual?

It was certainly a shock to find out about his involvement in the illegal Hasbro price fixing scandal and the 3 consequential hearings that amounted to multi-million pounds fines for his employer and 2 major customers.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/555de4c3ed915d7ae200016b/hasbro.p

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/555de4d340f0b666a2000168/hasbro3.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5a8ff79260d03e7f57eaf5ee

All of the above are on the public record.

Latterly one has also questioned the fate of Asobi Toys, which one press article led us to believe was owned by him.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/rochdale-ambassadors-promotes-investment-i

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06798691/filing-history

Among other gripes there have been the numerous stealth price increases, the division among fans over the Gala dinner and the disastrous Sunderland home game last season, not to mention the bombastic lip service paid to the Trust earlier this year ( "skips have been ordered"), such that Col had to check and record the dates of fixture board updates.

So, as Rochdale fans we can investigate and castigate the "Governor" of Bury, but just accept what happens at our own club without question?

As someone who, as you have explained, is far away, I can tell you from up close that this hostility you refer to is actually more of a deep concern and runs far and beyond those that post on here.

One might be able to stomach some of the abhorrent narcissism in these articles if proper credit was assigned elsewhere, but it never is.

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:33 - Nov 6 with 3048 viewssweetcorn

We are SO lucky to have him on 22:47 - Nov 5 by nordenblue

What do you expect him to say? We’re happy to sit in league one for the rest of our lives and bore our fans with mediocrity for the next 25 years.

Of course he’s going to say that’s the aim, why wouldn’t that be anyone’s aim?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:43 - Nov 6 with 3025 viewsAussieDale

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:26 - Nov 6 by judd

In part you have answered your own question.

When he was appointed, highly regarded by 2 respected Dale fans I know personally, and the gushing praise from another poster on here about his Churchillian-esque acceptance speech, was it so wrong for any Dale fan to research the new "Governor" , expecting to find an exemplary individual?

It was certainly a shock to find out about his involvement in the illegal Hasbro price fixing scandal and the 3 consequential hearings that amounted to multi-million pounds fines for his employer and 2 major customers.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/555de4c3ed915d7ae200016b/hasbro.p

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/555de4d340f0b666a2000168/hasbro3.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/uk/5a8ff79260d03e7f57eaf5ee

All of the above are on the public record.

Latterly one has also questioned the fate of Asobi Toys, which one press article led us to believe was owned by him.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/rochdale-ambassadors-promotes-investment-i

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06798691/filing-history

Among other gripes there have been the numerous stealth price increases, the division among fans over the Gala dinner and the disastrous Sunderland home game last season, not to mention the bombastic lip service paid to the Trust earlier this year ( "skips have been ordered"), such that Col had to check and record the dates of fixture board updates.

So, as Rochdale fans we can investigate and castigate the "Governor" of Bury, but just accept what happens at our own club without question?

As someone who, as you have explained, is far away, I can tell you from up close that this hostility you refer to is actually more of a deep concern and runs far and beyond those that post on here.

One might be able to stomach some of the abhorrent narcissism in these articles if proper credit was assigned elsewhere, but it never is.

Thanks Judd. As you say cause for concern.
We are SO lucky to have him on 08:49 - Nov 6 with 3016 viewsnordenblue

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:33 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

What do you expect him to say? We’re happy to sit in league one for the rest of our lives and bore our fans with mediocrity for the next 25 years.

Of course he’s going to say that’s the aim, why wouldn’t that be anyone’s aim?

Id expect a bit of truth and humility about what he says rather than me me bloody me like anytime he opens his mouth... it isn't currently club's aim and never has been,nor would we give a novice manager a reduced budget.
We are SO lucky to have him on 10:02 - Nov 6 with 2910 viewssweetcorn

We are SO lucky to have him on 08:49 - Nov 6 by nordenblue

Id expect a bit of truth and humility about what he says rather than me me bloody me like anytime he opens his mouth... it isn't currently club's aim and never has been,nor would we give a novice manager a reduced budget.

Unless I read a different article to you, I’m pretty sure he said the current aim is to stay where we are, whilst also trying to build towards one day making an assault at getting into the championship.

You don’t like him, I get it, but there is nothing wrong with the statement that he made about building to the championship. Your gripe in the post I quoted wasn’t anything to do with him being a narcissist so I’m not sure why you’ve put the part about “me me me”
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:05]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:08 - Nov 6 with 2891 viewsD_Alien

We are SO lucky to have him on 10:02 - Nov 6 by sweetcorn

Unless I read a different article to you, I’m pretty sure he said the current aim is to stay where we are, whilst also trying to build towards one day making an assault at getting into the championship.

You don’t like him, I get it, but there is nothing wrong with the statement that he made about building to the championship. Your gripe in the post I quoted wasn’t anything to do with him being a narcissist so I’m not sure why you’ve put the part about “me me me”
[Post edited 6 Nov 2019 10:05]

And you're happy with his claim that the fans have "bought into" his, HIS vision? Like we were clueless before he did us all a favour and inveigled his way into his current, temporary position?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024