Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich game 22:57 - Nov 5 with 2385 views_Windydale

I'm feeling disappointed with a 3rd loss on the bounce. Ipswich was very strong disciplined side with good passing skills and concentration. With our budget and small(physically too) squad were always going to have to fight and get that bit of luck, to beat teams these championship material teams.

This said it was a great first half by Dale, playing at tempo, we very close to getting something out of the game, Matheson was like lightening down the wing however Done missed chances again. Nice to see Pyke back, I do rate him but doesnt seem to do enough, he disappeared later in the game may be fatigue. Very entertaining half though

2nd half it was different story again. Wish we could play great for at 3/4 of the game. And also have players to come on that change a game instead of making it worse. Unfortunately with each substition the quality of play deteriorates.

Onto the next. The heads haven't dropped yet and they are still trying and playing for BBM..we need to play some sh1t teams and get our mojo back.
Ipswich game on 17:28 - Nov 6 with 1911 viewsD_Alien

Despite being in the first week of November, we only have two home league fixtures scheduled between now and the end of the year

Sat 23 Nov - Portsmouth
Thurs 26 Dec - Fleetwood

I suppose it's possible that the date reserved for the FA Cup 2nd Round, Sat 30 Nov, could become a home league fixture

That's still very little opportunity between now and the key Christmas fixtures to put right the deficit in home wins that'll attract fans into the ground who aren't already committed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ipswich game on 17:51 - Nov 6 with 1847 viewsTVOS1907

Ipswich game on 17:28 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

Despite being in the first week of November, we only have two home league fixtures scheduled between now and the end of the year

Sat 23 Nov - Portsmouth
Thurs 26 Dec - Fleetwood

I suppose it's possible that the date reserved for the FA Cup 2nd Round, Sat 30 Nov, could become a home league fixture

That's still very little opportunity between now and the key Christmas fixtures to put right the deficit in home wins that'll attract fans into the ground who aren't already committed

That would assume we’ve lost to Wrexham, which we don’t want!

Plus, clubs are realistically only allowed to bring forward midweek games and we’ve only got two more scheduled - MK Dons and Sunderland away.

In short, blame bury.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Ipswich game on 18:03 - Nov 6 with 1820 viewsDalenet

Ipswich game on 17:51 - Nov 6 by TVOS1907

That would assume we’ve lost to Wrexham, which we don’t want!

Plus, clubs are realistically only allowed to bring forward midweek games and we’ve only got two more scheduled - MK Dons and Sunderland away.

In short, blame bury.

Interesting side observation. It looks like we get 500/600 less home fans through the gate when we play on a Tuesday v the weekend. That is a big fall of over 20%. So any postponements from a Saturday cost us dear. Moreover, despite Ipswich's very good following for such a long distance fixture midweek, i would guess that they too would have brought another 500 on a Saturday. So not unrealistic to suggest that the move due to the International fixtures could have cost dale around £20k in revenue. Add the loss of income from the bury game in December and we are probably £75k down on budget. An FA Cup win at the weekend is needed!!!

As we tend to lose at least one Saturday game most seasons due to the weather and our inability to manage the pitch without suitable covers, it shows that investment in such facilities might not be a bad thing.
Ipswich game on 19:00 - Nov 6 with 1726 viewsBobsAdaley

For me Pyke needs to be up front in the middle and we need to feed him from the wings, he as does Hendo need to be fed more balls as opposed to having* to go and get them for them selves, also, Though he will be a super player Fabio is not in my opinion ready for this type of game, yes needs game time but also needs to fill out a bit, however he is keen and that’s a bonus!
Ipswich game on 14:52 - Nov 7 with 1296 viewsSalegraham

Anybody read the Ipswich board,brilliant away ground guide for there fans (Big up to the trust) those who attended seemed very pleased with the info.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024