Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lazy Councils 18:18 - Nov 7 with 1945 viewsblackdogblue

On the way back from Sandbrook, the road sign still says Spotland Stadium? why?

What’s worse is had to go into Bury this morning so went Heap Bridge way to avoid the traffic around Fairfield and my boy asked why are there still brown signs still say Bury FC ⚽️

Why?????? 😀😀

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Lazy Councils on 18:27 - Nov 7 with 1917 viewsKenBoon

It is called Spotland Stadium. The club should pay for any updated signs IMHO.
Lazy Councils on 18:40 - Nov 7 with 1896 viewsDalenet

Lazy Councils on 18:27 - Nov 7 by KenBoon

It is called Spotland Stadium. The club should pay for any updated signs IMHO.

Absolutely right. Councils have enough to do to manage the people that need help. Changing signs to suit the whims of sponsors is not their job.

Having said that there is some logic in using brown signs to signpost the stadium as most other towns do for tourist attractions when the signs next need to be replaced
Lazy Councils on 18:41 - Nov 7 with 1894 viewsJames1980

Aren't the brown signs also used for historical sites? Gigg Lane can be used as an example of a history of mismanagement of a football club

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Lazy Councils on 19:31 - Nov 7 with 1818 viewschalky_ncfc

The signs to the ground should stay as Spotland because who knows what it will be called next season or the one after,I don't agree with sponsorship of ground names and im surprised that Meadow Lane hasn't fallen to the same fate
How much does RAFC get out of it does anyone know,was there a consultation with the fans beforehand and what's Crown Oil to Rochdale?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Lazy Councils (n/t) on 20:58 - Nov 7 with 1717 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lazy Councils on 19:31 - Nov 7 by chalky_ncfc

The signs to the ground should stay as Spotland because who knows what it will be called next season or the one after,I don't agree with sponsorship of ground names and im surprised that Meadow Lane hasn't fallen to the same fate
How much does RAFC get out of it does anyone know,was there a consultation with the fans beforehand and what's Crown Oil to Rochdale?

Lazy Councils on 22:18 - Nov 7 with 1613 viewsMolly

What's Crown Oil to Rochdale? Just short of four miles.
Lazy Councils on 00:03 - Nov 8 with 1531 viewsDalenet

Who knows Chalky but it was marketed a few year ago as a package cost of £200k. I am sure Crown Oil don't pay that much but as they say...every little helps and it ensures we always pay the tax man

I think it is good that a local firm is doing it. They sit on the border of Rochdale and Bury and supported both teams. They are very slick I am told and beat the drum for us. There is no gas with them and I am sure they will be drilling for oil at San Spotland long after I have left this earth. Dale will have moved onto their new stadium to support our premiership crowds too by then
Lazy Councils on 07:27 - Nov 8 with 1417 viewsEllDale

The stadium name at Huddersfield evolved from McAlpine to Galpharm to John Smiths and each time the road signs in the area were altered to reflect the change in sponsor.
That includes the ones on the motorway as well.
If it can be done there then it can be done in Rochdale as well surely?
Login to get fewer ads

Lazy Councils on 08:07 - Nov 8 with 1382 viewsjudd

Lazy Councils on 07:27 - Nov 8 by EllDale

The stadium name at Huddersfield evolved from McAlpine to Galpharm to John Smiths and each time the road signs in the area were altered to reflect the change in sponsor.
That includes the ones on the motorway as well.
If it can be done there then it can be done in Rochdale as well surely?

No one is saying it cannot be done, more asking who should pay for it?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Lazy Councils on 23:01 - Nov 8 with 1089 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Lazeee Councils
Arrghhhhh Arghhhhhhh
Lazeee Councils
Arghhhhhhh Arghhhhhhh
Lazeee Councils
Arghhhhh Arghhhhhhh.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Lazy Councils on 07:15 - Nov 9 with 1002 viewsrochedale

The club are selling the blue placard/number plate type things with Spotland Stadium on, rather than the COA. If it’s good enough for the club then why not the council?

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Lazy Councils on 11:11 - Nov 9 with 896 viewsaleanddale

Spotland for me.

Sponsorship naming rights will come and go.

More to the point why do supporters away coaches get directed the most ridiculous route to Ings Lane? From the M62 it’s just stupidity making them turn right at the crossroads of the Cem. Who the fook thought a diversion to mellor st and up rooley moor road was a good idea?
Lazy Councils on 11:28 - Nov 9 with 882 viewsfinberty

Lazy Councils on 11:11 - Nov 9 by aleanddale

Spotland for me.

Sponsorship naming rights will come and go.

More to the point why do supporters away coaches get directed the most ridiculous route to Ings Lane? From the M62 it’s just stupidity making them turn right at the crossroads of the Cem. Who the fook thought a diversion to mellor st and up rooley moor road was a good idea?

The only thing I can think about the diversion is that the coaches are facing the right way to leave quickly. It's not as if there is a convoy every fortnight though, is it?
Lazy Councils on 11:29 - Nov 9 with 880 viewsfinberty

Lazy Councils on 23:01 - Nov 8 by BigDaveMyCock

Lazeee Councils
Arrghhhhh Arghhhhhhh
Lazeee Councils
Arghhhhhhh Arghhhhhhh
Lazeee Councils
Arghhhhh Arghhhhhhh.

Osmonds earworm.
Lazy Councils on 12:52 - Nov 9 with 846 viewschalky_ncfc

Lazy Councils on 11:29 - Nov 9 by finberty

Osmonds earworm.

Thank God that's been explained as I thought that he was having some kind of mental breakdown

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Lazy Councils on 12:53 - Nov 9 with 845 viewsNinco

Where do you draw the line though? In Tameside, the council built a stadium primarily for Curzon Ashton. Should they be sinking tax payers money in to a privately owned business? If yes, what about all the local shops and offices. They are local businesses too. Shouldn't they have new premises paid for by the council?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024