Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread 11:21 - Nov 8 with 23767 viewsAtThePeake

Following on from what Ancoats_Blue posted in the 'now that the dust has settled thread', I think it would be a good idea to have a match thread for each game with pre-match, live and post-match updates. Also gives us one place to stick all of our pre-and post match content in case you miss any of it on the homepage plus a few handy links from elsewhere.

Match preview:

Match Preview: Wrexham vs Dale 7th Nov 2019 15:57
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a distraction from their faltering league form on Sunday as they head to North Wales to take on National League outfit Wrexham. 0

Played For Both:

Played for Both: Wrexham v Dale (FA Cup) 8th Nov 2019 09:00
Our “Played for Both” feature continues with a former captain who played for both Dale and our FA Cup opponents Wrexham. 4

Racecourse Ground Guide: https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/conference/conference-premier/wrexha

Ticket news: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/ticket-news-wrexhamaway_101119/

Travel news: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/travelnews-wrexhamaway_100219/

Tangled up in blue.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:11 - Nov 10 with 3414 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:09 - Nov 10 by Cleedale

Is the pitch quite heavy-going for our usual passing style?

Btw., the average age of the whole squad today (not counting months) is 23 and that's with 4 x 30y.olds. so hope one of the youngsters pulls one out of the hat.

Grass looks long

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:18 - Nov 10 with 3341 viewsCleedale

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:11 - Nov 10 by rochdaleriddler

Grass looks long

Thanks RR.

That used to be our trick at Spotty years ago; slow down the opposition. They obviously see us hitting fast on the break and long grass usually has the opposite effect.

Another neighbour suffering today...Macc. now 4 down!
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:36 - Nov 10 with 3115 viewsDale23years

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:18 - Nov 10 by Cleedale

Thanks RR.

That used to be our trick at Spotty years ago; slow down the opposition. They obviously see us hitting fast on the break and long grass usually has the opposite effect.

Another neighbour suffering today...Macc. now 4 down!

What a bag a shit.

BBM needs to come up with a plan B and C quickly

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:39 - Nov 10 with 3080 viewsCleedale

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:36 - Nov 10 by Dale23years

What a bag a shit.

Was it really that bad?

Southend, Orient and Macc. already out of it today.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:43]
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:41 - Nov 10 with 3038 viewsnordenblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:36 - Nov 10 by Dale23years

What a bag a shit.

I thought pretty similar after Tues night..
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:41 - Nov 10 with 3031 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The only good thing is we are in the draw for next round, and we will get some more money from a 1500 aprrox attendance for the replay.

Listening to it on the radio was painful, sounded more Wrexham chances wise , apart from a couple of chances for us. Certainty glad I was too ill to attend today.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:45]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:42 - Nov 10 with 3002 viewsShun

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 13:22 - Nov 10 by Yorkshire_Dale

The Beeb saying Wrexham are all over us BUT we are now starting to string a few passes together "as befits a League One side".....

Do they have a different BBC in Yorkshire or are you just being overly negative again? He didn’t say they’ve been all over us at all. He said they’ve had enough chances to win the game but we had passages of good play without threatening the Wrexham keeper enough, albeit them having to weather a Dale storm occasionally. When the final whistle went he said we deserve this too.

I’ll wait to hear back from those who went to the match.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:44 - Nov 10 with 2968 viewsrichfoad32

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:41 - Nov 10 by foreverhopefulDale

The only good thing is we are in the draw for next round, and we will get some more money from a 1500 aprrox attendance for the replay.

Listening to it on the radio was painful, sounded more Wrexham chances wise , apart from a couple of chances for us. Certainty glad I was too ill to attend today.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:45]

A brief run out for McLaughlin is a positive too.
Login to get fewer ads

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:48 - Nov 10 with 2907 viewsdawlishdale

We are very lucky indeed not to have been comprehensively beaten today...but for 3 good saves from Sanchez we would be out.

Our squad looks woefully short of attacking quality and several players today aren't up to it . I'm also getting frustrated at BBMs inflexibility. I see little evidence of a plan b.

Only positive from today is that we are still in the cup . Well done Wrexham.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:49 - Nov 10 with 2898 viewsNafelad

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:44 - Nov 10 by richfoad32

He seemed uncomfortable and was limping, after the final whistle.

Topcat

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:50 - Nov 10 with 2889 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:44 - Nov 10 by richfoad32

Very true. I suppose just feeing like shit missing the game, and therefore feeling negative. I usually don’t comment on games I don’t see live, performance wise. An away draw at a team like Wrexham, is not too bad, always a potential loss, and keeps us in the FA cup, and like you say good to see McLaughlin back.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:51 - Nov 10 with 2882 viewsSandyman

Boring boring Rochdale.
A good enthusiastic away following had the life drained away from them by a clueless, negative performance on the pitch. That was woeful. Were we playing for the draw? We certainly didn't want to score. Wrexham, poor as they were at least tried to get a goal.
Lovely weather, a good run down on the coach and pleasant company ftom the home fans in the centenary bar. The game sadly was ghastly. How to drive fans away in 90 minutes.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:00 - Nov 10 with 2771 viewsDale23years

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:51 - Nov 10 by Sandyman

Boring boring Rochdale.
A good enthusiastic away following had the life drained away from them by a clueless, negative performance on the pitch. That was woeful. Were we playing for the draw? We certainly didn't want to score. Wrexham, poor as they were at least tried to get a goal.
Lovely weather, a good run down on the coach and pleasant company ftom the home fans in the centenary bar. The game sadly was ghastly. How to drive fans away in 90 minutes.

Anyone think it was planned, with to hope to get reply live on BT or bbc.

Wouldn't put it pass the club at present.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:08 - Nov 10 with 2687 viewsJames1980

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:00 - Nov 10 by Dale23years

Anyone think it was planned, with to hope to get reply live on BT or bbc.

Wouldn't put it pass the club at present.

I suppose in a perverse way it would justify what we just witnessed due to much need funds to pay the bills etc. However it is an almighty gamble. Confidence seemed low to me.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:10 - Nov 10 with 2674 viewsjonesy

Good old BBC. A crowd of over 300 were in attendance!
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:15 - Nov 10 with 2613 viewsToffeemanc

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:10 - Nov 10 by jonesy

Good old BBC. A crowd of over 300 were in attendance!

Those will be the only ones who managed to stay awake through that turgid shite.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:21 - Nov 10 with 2555 viewsDale23years

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 14:39 - Nov 10 by Cleedale

Was it really that bad?

Southend, Orient and Macc. already out of it today.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 14:43]

Performance wise yes it was shocking, tactical wise yes it shocking.
judging be people's reaction leaving the ground, fans are losing patient with the way we playing. Honeymoon period well over for BBM.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:27 - Nov 10 with 2521 viewsSuddenLad

I'm becoming more and more convinced that we are currently going nowhere under BBM. We haven't really progressed since he took charge, we have a complete lack of attacking flair and never look like we are going to score unless we walk the ball into the net.

We seem to have no other plan, no variation and no decent options from the bench. Too predictable, one-dimensional and ineffective.

Yes, he's relatively new to the job, but the things he says about the performances, aren't the things I see. I'm not saying he should be replaced, because he can't do a great deal, with insufficient financial backing, but the 'bean counters' upstairs need to start supporting the manager with the same enthusiasm that the fans show by supporting the team.

Get yer hands down and spend some bloody money. Give the bloke a fighting chance.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:32 - Nov 10 with 2490 viewsJames1980

Credit to Wrexham though, they did their homework on us. Perhaps inexperience is why Brian didn't seem to be able to change the game. Although I appreciate squad limitations also hinder that as well.
I do hope the rumblings towards 'that debate' haven't started.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:55 - Nov 10 with 2371 views56years

0-0 will be the result in the newspaper tomorrow- we live to fight another day. May not have been pretty but those of us with long memories remember far, far worse first round cup matches over the years!
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:23 - Nov 10 with 2228 viewsrochdaleriddler

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 15:55 - Nov 10 by 56years

0-0 will be the result in the newspaper tomorrow- we live to fight another day. May not have been pretty but those of us with long memories remember far, far worse first round cup matches over the years!

That’s as maybe, but we are in
League one, and Wrexham were very poor. We only tested their keeper at the end, straight after they should have put us out. Our build up play was slow, and predictable . Today was a very poor experience

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:41 - Nov 10 with 2119 viewsAncoats_Blue

Wrexham will be disappointed to not win that. We were so poor today.
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 10 with 2086 views49thseason

This squad is as thin as a tissue, too many wages wasted on players who cant play at this level or are too injury-prone. The acid test will be January, we need 4 or 5 new faces capable of making a major impact on the squad. I would be happy to say thanks and goodbye to Lillis, Andrew, McLaughlin, Ryan, Done and Gillam, maybe Wilbraham. We could replace Magloire, and do a deal with Wimbledon for Delaney. We need to bring in another 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder, a quick winger and a mobile centre forward as a minimum. The lack of plan Band C is because of the lack of pace and movement . Getting Dooley back will be a bonus as he seems to be able to move the ball though th midfield to the forwards.

I dont think BBM will under pressure from the Board given that he hasnt spent any money to speak of yet. His contacts in the game seem good so maybe a couple of long term arrivals and a couple more loans will domthe trick, I guess it all depends who leaves.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 23:16]
Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:52 - Nov 10 with 2058 viewsJames1980

I would love us to be the league version of Barca, Man City or Liverpool. However I am not sure we can afford it. We can't buy players who fit well enough into that system to get fans on the edge of their seats each match. If we loan them it is more than likely they will return to the parent club or move onto a club with more 'spare' cash. We have a fantastic academy but my guess is we also can't really afford to keep the real gems it brings through based on this lad who we have sold according to that efl podcast, plus wouldn't be surprised Matheson signed his contract for noble reasons knowing if he gets bought it will help keep Dale solvent. Not sure what the answer is because outside investment to buy and retain players is fraught with danger as we have seen.

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 17:02 - Nov 10 with 1986 viewsnordenblue

Wrexham (A) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 10 by 49thseason

This squad is as thin as a tissue, too many wages wasted on players who cant play at this level or are too injury-prone. The acid test will be January, we need 4 or 5 new faces capable of making a major impact on the squad. I would be happy to say thanks and goodbye to Lillis, Andrew, McLaughlin, Ryan, Done and Gillam, maybe Wilbraham. We could replace Magloire, and do a deal with Wimbledon for Delaney. We need to bring in another 2 defenders and a defensive midfielder, a quick winger and a mobile centre forward as a minimum. The lack of plan Band C is because of the lack of pace and movement . Getting Dooley back will be a bonus as he seems to be able to move the ball though th midfield to the forwards.

I dont think BBM will under pressure from the Board given that he hasnt spent any money to speak of yet. His contacts in the game seem good so maybe a couple of long term arrivals and a couple more loans will domthe trick, I guess it all depends who leaves.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 23:16]

Doolan could probably still do a better job for us,even at his age tbf....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024