Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust meeting with directors 18:22 - Nov 14 with 20970 views442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2019/11/meeting-with-the-directors-nov-2019/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust meeting with directors on 11:57 - Nov 17 with 3613 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust meeting with directors on 11:23 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

And regarding your last point... if TS, in a personal meeting with DB, can ascertain what DB's "vision" is for the way Dale are going to be planning for the future, why isn't this being transmitted? I don't mean the nitty gritty of financing (subject to NDAs etc.) but the basic outline of that "vision" plus the rationale for it. I presume there is one, that can readily be advanced above other alternatives?

People might say he'd be reluctant to do so, having been shot down so many times on his "initiatives" - but that's in no small part due to lack of explanation and simply going ahead with change which affects the enjoyment of the fanbase in their Dale supporting capacity. It's no good putting out a weekly diary that told us absolutely nothing. Having a viable vision and communicating that at key points in the season really isn't too much trouble, surely? If people then disagree, so be it. But many might agree, it's something DB hasn't even tried to do, and this despite fan forums taking place too.

Sorry to be banging on again, but this is just so crucial to what we're all here for in the first place (on this particular forum) - wanting the best for Dale and feeling part of that process. Fail to bring the fans onside and you're very much on a loser from the outset. It's not too late to start doing things differently

Good post that, there is a big communication problem at the moment between the Club and the fans. If it’s true that the Trust have to submit the fans questions to the Club before meeting up with the Directors then that tells you all you need to know, what a farcical situation that would be and under those circumstances then it’s no wonder suspicion is rife. What’s the point in meeting up..just wait for the answers to be emailed back!

The main thing I have ascertained from speaking to DB is his focus on us securing our own training complex,something i disagreed with him about but i am fully aware that some fans will welcome the idea. It’s not the idea itself that i have a problem with, just the long term financing and ongoing funds required to make it successful. If we are skint now,i can’t get my head around how we would fund this in the likely event we slip back down to L2 .

I also thought we were now settled in at the cricket club and had invested funds into that facility, i’m sure the Club social media was full of it at the time? If DB reveals the master plan and how it will be funded without compromising the Stadium or raising finance against it then obviously it will be worthy of scrutiny. In the meantime the first team needs sorting out to ensure we stay in this league, that’s the priority .
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 12:03]
Trust meeting with directors on 12:14 - Nov 17 with 3573 viewsDalenet

Trust meeting with directors on 11:53 - Nov 17 by 49thseason

I am no accountant but there is some really interesting stuff in the 2018 accounts:
From 2017 to 18:
turnover fell from £5,999734 to £5,412,319(-587K)
Wages went up from £2355393 to £2915310 (+560K)
Transfer fees down from £2,165,772 to 710,820 (-£1,454952) Hogan?
Profit was £1,364,072 in 2017 and a loss of (£ 306,606) in 2018
TV money was just £16,500 in 2017 and £454,500 in 2018 Tottenham?
Gate money went up from £934500 in 2017 to £1,005350 (+£70,850)
The Balance sheet shows net assets of 2,571,402 in 2018 vs 2,878,008 in 2017 (-306,604 -Loss on the season).

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00111019 (RAFC)
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02483618 (Denehurst Park Ltd)

Thanks for posting. It shows what many of us suspected. That wages were going up and turnover wasn't. Without a good cup run the income gap is a challenge. The fans (or customers as we now appear to be) generate less than 25% of the clubs income. We are fooked if we are relegated. So staying in League One is a priority.

The previous Chairman and Board had a vision of owning the ground and bars so that we could sweat the asset and drive commercial income 7 days a week. We now own the ground again and the bars and I am not sure whether we paid for that purely from the Hogan money or whether we needed to borrow some. But have we been able to increase the commercial income? Without a breakdown of the income it isn't clear. But I don't see a lot of announcements about the use of the ground, the use of the bars, and beyond a few Xmas party nights and the odd after time event, there doesn't seem to be much happening to get the "customers" into the place outside of match days. I really do hope that the assets are not a drain on resource and income compared to before.
Trust meeting with directors on 12:21 - Nov 17 with 3556 viewsJames1980

How much did we pay to use the ground when we didn't own it?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meeting with directors on 12:27 - Nov 17 with 3538 views442Dale

Trust meeting with directors on 12:14 - Nov 17 by Dalenet

Thanks for posting. It shows what many of us suspected. That wages were going up and turnover wasn't. Without a good cup run the income gap is a challenge. The fans (or customers as we now appear to be) generate less than 25% of the clubs income. We are fooked if we are relegated. So staying in League One is a priority.

The previous Chairman and Board had a vision of owning the ground and bars so that we could sweat the asset and drive commercial income 7 days a week. We now own the ground again and the bars and I am not sure whether we paid for that purely from the Hogan money or whether we needed to borrow some. But have we been able to increase the commercial income? Without a breakdown of the income it isn't clear. But I don't see a lot of announcements about the use of the ground, the use of the bars, and beyond a few Xmas party nights and the odd after time event, there doesn't seem to be much happening to get the "customers" into the place outside of match days. I really do hope that the assets are not a drain on resource and income compared to before.

There’s a lot of info in those accounts, well worth a look.

Trust meeting with directors on 12:31 - Nov 17 with 3516 views49thseason

There are costs involved with the current Academy and training facilities, The two nights a week the Academy uses the 3g at Matthew Moss, Platt Lane, the work on the Lacrosse pitches at Redbrook all have costs . The obvious route would, for me, be to reach a long term agreement with the Redbrook complex and the adjacent St Clements. There could be grants available from the FA to improve those facilities which have the advantage of being on the club's doorstep.
The Academy needs a high quality pitch and its own artificial, covered facility , there is room for these at Redbrook. As a training facility there would need to be better changing rooms and a classroom but there is room to extend if necessary. The existing sports clubs mainly need the facilities at weekend and they are often unused during the week. Done properly it could be win-win for local sport.
Trust meeting with directors on 14:06 - Nov 17 with 3418 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 12:31 - Nov 17 by 49thseason

There are costs involved with the current Academy and training facilities, The two nights a week the Academy uses the 3g at Matthew Moss, Platt Lane, the work on the Lacrosse pitches at Redbrook all have costs . The obvious route would, for me, be to reach a long term agreement with the Redbrook complex and the adjacent St Clements. There could be grants available from the FA to improve those facilities which have the advantage of being on the club's doorstep.
The Academy needs a high quality pitch and its own artificial, covered facility , there is room for these at Redbrook. As a training facility there would need to be better changing rooms and a classroom but there is room to extend if necessary. The existing sports clubs mainly need the facilities at weekend and they are often unused during the week. Done properly it could be win-win for local sport.

Great thinking.

I wonder if RMBC would see it as a justifiable investment if, for example, they received a percentage of any transfer fees of players produced the academy?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust meeting with directors on 14:20 - Nov 17 with 3398 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with directors on 14:06 - Nov 17 by judd

Great thinking.

I wonder if RMBC would see it as a justifiable investment if, for example, they received a percentage of any transfer fees of players produced the academy?

Radical, is that. But i like it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust meeting with directors on 14:43 - Nov 17 with 3360 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 14:20 - Nov 17 by D_Alien

Radical, is that. But i like it

They have reaped the rewards of investing in Manchester Airport.

Login to get fewer ads

Trust meeting with directors on 16:34 - Nov 17 with 3213 views49thseason

Trust meeting with directors on 14:06 - Nov 17 by judd

Great thinking.

If some community involvement were assured, and the council became a shareholder with a nominal single share, there might also be opportunities for Lottery money. Indeed the whole complex could be another wholey owned company with a separate shareholding. Which might also be a way to raise funds, with a share of transfer fees being paid as a dividend.
Trust meeting with directors on 16:57 - Nov 17 with 3180 viewsDalenet

Trust meeting with directors on 16:34 - Nov 17 by 49thseason

If some community involvement were assured, and the council became a shareholder with a nominal single share, there might also be opportunities for Lottery money. Indeed the whole complex could be another wholey owned company with a separate shareholding. Which might also be a way to raise funds, with a share of transfer fees being paid as a dividend.

St Georges park in Burton was funded by a large lottery grant provided there were guarantees of community access. It is very impressive
Trust meeting with directors on 11:19 - Nov 24 with 2733 viewstony_roch975

Interesting line in BBM's interview about Wycombe's American investor - I thought they were supporter owned and as financially precarious as Dale; Wycombe fan's perspective: https://d3d4football.com/rob-couhig-had-a-dream-wycombe-wanderers-agree-new-owne Reinforces view that Dale's Board structure of several small local shareholders is a thing of the past, even in the lower leagues.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Trust meeting with directors on 13:31 - Nov 24 with 2619 viewsflyerdale

Hang on what about the existing sports clubs that form Rochdale Sports Club (cricket, lacrosse and squash) it sounds like your trying to get these under a compulsary purchase order. Our committees have worked very hard getting grants for improvement to the current facilities. You can't just come waltzing in getting the council to take them over.
Trust meeting with directors on 13:45 - Nov 24 with 2588 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 13:31 - Nov 24 by flyerdale

Hang on what about the existing sports clubs that form Rochdale Sports Club (cricket, lacrosse and squash) it sounds like your trying to get these under a compulsary purchase order. Our committees have worked very hard getting grants for improvement to the current facilities. You can't just come waltzing in getting the council to take them over.

Sorry if it came across that way. Of course the existing members would have to decide if it's a course of action they'd be happy to follow

Trust meeting with directors on 14:01 - Nov 24 with 2548 views49thseason

Thst was never part of my idea. I know as well as anyone how much work has been required at Redbrook recently and have nothing but the greatest respect for those efforts,, but I dont see why taking on more partners to further upgrade the facilities should be regarded as a problem. Clearly there would need to be a new agreement of some sort before people would put money in, often this involves becoming a public interest, not for profit company of some sort but with the existing clubs, RAFC and St Clements as shareholders with perhaps RMBC with a single share as an "enabler" . This in no way means that they could compulsorily purchase ( although they probably could anyway under some circumstances), it simply means they could help to lever in more funds from Lottery etc. You could also consider the Pennine Health trust as a partner too as they have funds for encouraging health and fitness projects, even Link4life might want to get involved to manage things like a gym on site or evening use of an artificial surface.

Additional use by the public would help to increase traffic in the bar or in a cafe and add to the revenue. The area is in one of the poorest wards in the country and has room for everyone to benefit.
Trust meeting with directors on 07:56 - Nov 27 with 2299 viewsjudd

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/131486/rochdale-spor

Trust meeting with directors on 11:43 - Nov 27 with 2148 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with directors on 07:56 - Nov 27 by judd

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/131486/rochdale-spor

Would it be fair to say there hasn't been, and is unlikely to be, any significant input from RAFC?

[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 21:25]

Trust meeting with directors on 15:21 - Nov 27 with 1965 viewsTomRAFC

One thing that has become noticeable to me is that annoyance with the board is becoming a regular topic of conversation at the match. A small gang on a messageboard can become a bit of an echo chamber but this is something clearly bothering the wider fanbase.

Given current form, we evidently need to bring in at least one attacking player and keep McShane. No one can force players to sign but if the board won't attempt to make the necessary transfers then they can't reasonably claim to have consolidating our place in league one as their aim.

The tone of the interview with the Trust is very disheartening. I can't help but worry if someone were to come in for Rathbone/O'Connell there wouldn't be a mad rush on the part of the board to replace them with someone of a similar calibre.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trust meeting with directors on 21:24 - Nov 27 with 1770 views442Dale

There is a real concern that the current situation is having a VERY divisive and negative effect on the club.

I really, really hope the Trust are not only aware of this but, as always, doing their very best to look to find a positive route forward. The apparent lack of direction and constant instances of supporters’ concerns being heightened by events is, quite frankly, chipping away at enthusiasm and moral.

This is not about individuals, either at the club or on the terraces, everyone will have their own thoughts, opinions and stance; this is about Rochdale AFC and where it is heading.

Trust meeting with directors on 21:32 - Nov 27 with 1751 viewsD_Alien

Trust meeting with directors on 21:24 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

There is a real concern that the current situation is having a VERY divisive and negative effect on the club.

I really, really hope the Trust are not only aware of this but, as always, doing their very best to look to find a positive route forward. The apparent lack of direction and constant instances of supporters’ concerns being heightened by events is, quite frankly, chipping away at enthusiasm and moral.

This is not about individuals, either at the club or on the terraces, everyone will have their own thoughts, opinions and stance; this is about Rochdale AFC and where it is heading.

I think we all appreciate your politeness and ever-present wish to calm stormy waters, and in many instances it's a much-needed balm; but in this instance, it unfortunately is very much about individuals. There's simply no getting away from that

Trust meeting with directors on 22:00 - Nov 27 with 1712 viewsDaleiLama

Trust meeting with directors on 21:24 - Nov 27 by 442Dale

I think this, in conjunction with recent performances, which have been starved of entertainment in many cases, has led to what looks like feeble advanced ticket sales too. In the block I sit, only 1/12 of seats have been sold to date for Sunday's cup game. Might be more atmosphere in one of the churches Chris Dunphy is working on than Spotland come Sunday?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust meeting with directors on 22:08 - Nov 27 with 1687 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 22:00 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

I think this, in conjunction with recent performances, which have been starved of entertainment in many cases, has led to what looks like feeble advanced ticket sales too. In the block I sit, only 1/12 of seats have been sold to date for Sunday's cup game. Might be more atmosphere in one of the churches Chris Dunphy is working on than Spotland come Sunday?

As a Goldbond agent I and my son may give the Boston game a miss.

Lesson in goodwill needed.

Trust meeting with directors on 22:17 - Nov 27 with 1674 viewsTVOS1907

Trust meeting with directors on 22:00 - Nov 27 by DaleiLama

Playing Devil's Advocate, given there is no price rise on the day, the only incentive to buy in advance is to secure a seat - of which there will be plenty anyway!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Trust meeting with directors on 22:20 - Nov 27 with 1659 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 22:17 - Nov 27 by TVOS1907

Playing Devil's Advocate, given there is no price rise on the day, the only incentive to buy in advance is to secure a seat - of which there will be plenty anyway!

The other incentive is goodwill. Stay in the warmth instead, awaiting updates of more thrilling cup exploits without having shelled yet more unappreciated cash into the coffers of an undeserving glutton.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 22:22]

Trust meeting with directors on 22:45 - Nov 27 with 1602 viewsJames1980

I deleted/edit a comment on a previous thread. Questioning whether there is a move to a soulless corporate entity. Deleted cos I thought it must be wrong. Now concerned I could be right

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trust meeting with directors on 22:48 - Nov 27 with 1587 viewsjudd

Trust meeting with directors on 22:45 - Nov 27 by James1980

I deleted/edit a comment on a previous thread. Questioning whether there is a move to a soulless corporate entity. Deleted cos I thought it must be wrong. Now concerned I could be right

You're almost just a number, James1980

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024