Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
November 30th 22:46 - Nov 17 with 1173 viewswessex_exile

Thinking about it, Bradford have an FA Cup replay on Tuesday night against Shrewsbury. Though they probably won’t, if they lose, couldn’t we play our rearranged league game against them on the 30th? Alternatively, Stevenage also have a replay at Posh on Tuesday - if they lose (much more likely), can we schedule our EFL Trophy match for the 30th?

...or do we stick with it as the U’s traditional Christmas shopping day for the WAGS?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

November 30th on 10:05 - Nov 18 with 902 viewsthrillseeker

Wessex - stop being sensible.

Not sure Bradford would consider it but the idea of Stevenage in the EFL Trophy makes sense
November 30th on 18:43 - Nov 19 with 861 viewswessex_exile

November 30th on 10:05 - Nov 18 by thrillseeker

Wessex - stop being sensible.

Not sure Bradford would consider it but the idea of Stevenage in the EFL Trophy makes sense

The OWS fixture list is still showing the Stevenage game as "tbc", albeit on Tuesday 3rd December - maybe both clubs are waiting to see if playing on the Saturday is possible? I'm sure that would be preferable to both us and Stevenage, and almost certainly mean a much better attendance. Guess we'll know later this evening whether it's even a possibility...

Up the U's

November 30th on 21:26 - Nov 19 with 841 viewsGOSBTS

November 30th on 18:43 - Nov 19 by wessex_exile

The OWS fixture list is still showing the Stevenage game as "tbc", albeit on Tuesday 3rd December - maybe both clubs are waiting to see if playing on the Saturday is possible? I'm sure that would be preferable to both us and Stevenage, and almost certainly mean a much better attendance. Guess we'll know later this evening whether it's even a possibility...

Would much prefer Bradford next Saturday - losing 1-0 to Shrewsbury currently and am hoping it stays that way!
November 30th on 21:42 - Nov 19 with 838 viewsgerry_us

November 30th on 21:26 - Nov 19 by GOSBTS

Would much prefer Bradford next Saturday - losing 1-0 to Shrewsbury currently and am hoping it stays that way!

We could play em both, one in the afternoon, and then an evening KO.
November 30th on 21:43 - Nov 19 with 838 viewswessex_exile

November 30th on 21:26 - Nov 19 by GOSBTS

In an interesting turn of events, both Bradford and Stevenage have lost their FA Cup replays, meaning both are still options for November 30th - will sense prevail and at least one of the two is arranged?

Up the U's

November 30th on 21:44 - Nov 19 with 837 viewswessex_exile

November 30th on 21:42 - Nov 19 by gerry_us

We could play em both, one in the afternoon, and then an evening KO.

Feck it - put them both on the pitch, we'll do 'em both at the same time

Up the U's

November 30th on 12:24 - Nov 20 with 808 viewsthrillseeker

November 30th on 21:43 - Nov 19 by wessex_exile

In an interesting turn of events, both Bradford and Stevenage have lost their FA Cup replays, meaning both are still options for November 30th - will sense prevail and at least one of the two is arranged?

Wessex - I told you earlier in the thread STOP the sensible ideas.
November 30th on 15:23 - Nov 20 with 793 viewsGOSBTS

Bradford are playing Macclesfield on 30th November. Bugger!!

Very annoyed by this.
Login to get fewer ads

November 30th on 18:44 - Nov 20 with 770 viewsdurham_exile

November 30th on 15:23 - Nov 20 by GOSBTS

Bradford are playing Macclesfield on 30th November. Bugger!!

Very annoyed by this.

Looking at our remaining League fixtures there are several available Tuesday nights for the Bradford game to be accommodated all in the first three months of 2020.

But we must ensure that it doesn't clash with the EFL Cup semi final on 7/8 and 28/29 January!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

November 30th on 22:03 - Nov 20 with 753 viewsGOSBTS

November 30th on 18:44 - Nov 20 by durham_exile

Looking at our remaining League fixtures there are several available Tuesday nights for the Bradford game to be accommodated all in the first three months of 2020.

But we must ensure that it doesn't clash with the EFL Cup semi final on 7/8 and 28/29 January!

Up the U's

True, and Tuesday nights are great for me as I drive past the stadium on the way home from work. Yet I do love a good old Saturday at 3pm!
November 30th on 22:25 - Nov 20 with 748 viewsdurham_exile

November 30th on 22:03 - Nov 20 by GOSBTS

True, and Tuesday nights are great for me as I drive past the stadium on the way home from work. Yet I do love a good old Saturday at 3pm!

GOSBTS as long as we don't end up with a double header as we play the Bantams away on 4 April.

I suspect February would be favourite.

UTU's

Durham_exile

November 30th on 08:12 - Nov 21 with 733 viewsnoah4x4

Bradford at home on a Tuesday night will cost the club ££££'s in lost revenue compared to the original Saturday. We similarly lost revenue when we only ever played Sheffield United on an evening. Both clubs are located in urban areas with around a million people and hence fans travel in huge numbers at weekends, but less so on a Tuesday evening 'school night'.

Both clubs should work hard to find a vacant Saturday. The fact that Macclesfield have secured a rearrangement versus Bradford on 30th November perhaps suggests that they were more smart thinking than management at the Community Stadium,

On that subject, has anybody else noticed that Newport County is always the first club to feature each week on the BBC League Two web page? Suggests a more active Media Team? We don't even promote Col Utd on our High Street despite many empty shop premises. Why not permit a few town centre newsagents to sell match and lottery tickets? Give away two free tickets if the shopkeeper will put up a poster. Get local publicans on side with match day promotions. The trouble is, the club can't see past Greene King and it's dire IPA. Real Ale of the week "Abbot" (e.g. more chilled Greene King dishwater). The fanzone is positive, but can we have some decent ale?
November 30th on 09:49 - Nov 21 with 723 viewsthrillseeker

November 30th on 08:12 - Nov 21 by noah4x4

Bradford at home on a Tuesday night will cost the club ££££'s in lost revenue compared to the original Saturday. We similarly lost revenue when we only ever played Sheffield United on an evening. Both clubs are located in urban areas with around a million people and hence fans travel in huge numbers at weekends, but less so on a Tuesday evening 'school night'.

Both clubs should work hard to find a vacant Saturday. The fact that Macclesfield have secured a rearrangement versus Bradford on 30th November perhaps suggests that they were more smart thinking than management at the Community Stadium,

On that subject, has anybody else noticed that Newport County is always the first club to feature each week on the BBC League Two web page? Suggests a more active Media Team? We don't even promote Col Utd on our High Street despite many empty shop premises. Why not permit a few town centre newsagents to sell match and lottery tickets? Give away two free tickets if the shopkeeper will put up a poster. Get local publicans on side with match day promotions. The trouble is, the club can't see past Greene King and it's dire IPA. Real Ale of the week "Abbot" (e.g. more chilled Greene King dishwater). The fanzone is positive, but can we have some decent ale?

Definitely agree Noah

Bradford on a Tuesday will cost us a lot of revenue from visiting fans and I fully agree that we need to find a Saturday date for the re-arranged game.

Smart thinking - not a phrase I associate with management at WHCS

Media Team - since Matt Hudson has left the media and promotion of CUFC has been virtually nil. I think that only now Matt has left the club realise how much he did and they truly undervalued him

Ale - not a frequent Ale drinker but Greene King is a definite no

I am primarily a lager drinker but I would highly recommend Northern Light by The Orkney Brewery. If people know a landlord that likes bringing in guest ales get this one in and I will join in for a drink of real ale.
November 30th on 21:22 - Nov 21 with 703 viewsmfb_cufc

Other than the 30th November the only other Saturdays we could play Bradford are the 4th January - FA Cup 3rd round day - we are due to play Stevenage, and Bradford are playing Swindon. But that is definitely out as Stevenage and Swindon were both knocked out of the FA Cup this week. Or the 25th January - FA Cup 4th round day - that is still a possibility as we are to play Exeter and Mansfield respectively, and they are both still in the FA Cup. With that being bit of a long shot I would say it is 99% the game will be played on a Tuesday night.

mfb

November 30th on 21:42 - Nov 21 with 699 viewsburnsieespana

November 30th on 09:49 - Nov 21 by thrillseeker

Definitely agree Noah

Bradford on a Tuesday will cost us a lot of revenue from visiting fans and I fully agree that we need to find a Saturday date for the re-arranged game.

Smart thinking - not a phrase I associate with management at WHCS

Media Team - since Matt Hudson has left the media and promotion of CUFC has been virtually nil. I think that only now Matt has left the club realise how much he did and they truly undervalued him

Ale - not a frequent Ale drinker but Greene King is a definite no

I am primarily a lager drinker but I would highly recommend Northern Light by The Orkney Brewery. If people know a landlord that likes bringing in guest ales get this one in and I will join in for a drink of real ale.

Durham went to the Orkney's last year and visited the Orkney Brewery. Some real decent ale's.
November 30th on 19:29 - Nov 26 with 659 viewsdurham_exile

November 30th on 21:42 - Nov 21 by burnsieespana

Durham went to the Orkney's last year and visited the Orkney Brewery. Some real decent ale's.

Burnside one of the best days ever spent on the Orkneys a few years ago.
The beer was very good indeed from the local brewery.

I note that the Bantams game has been rearranged for Tuesday 21st January at the JSCS at 7:45pm

UTU's

Durham_exile

November 30th on 11:35 - Nov 27 with 637 viewsmfb_cufc

November 30th on 19:29 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

Burnside one of the best days ever spent on the Orkneys a few years ago.
The beer was very good indeed from the local brewery.

I note that the Bantams game has been rearranged for Tuesday 21st January at the JSCS at 7:45pm

UTU's

Unless we are still in the EFL Trophy, in which case it'll be Tuesday 4th February.

mfb

November 30th on 12:19 - Nov 27 with 635 viewsdurham_exile

November 30th on 11:35 - Nov 27 by mfb_cufc

Unless we are still in the EFL Trophy, in which case it'll be Tuesday 4th February.

Absolutely because the EFL Cup Semi Final second leg is 28/29 January

UTU's

Durham_exile

November 30th on 13:23 - Nov 27 with 623 viewsbythesea

Looks like it has been arranged for Tuesday 21st January
November 30th on 19:20 - Nov 27 with 609 viewsbwildered

A Saturday fixture against Bradford would probally incur a overnight stay at Five Lakes, where as a Tuesday night fixture would not .
Simples, whoever thinks of the supporters first ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

November 30th on 11:34 - Nov 30 with 572 viewsnoah4x4

Well here it is, 30th November. No match, no normal routine. My pals either Christmas Shopping or gone to cinema with their missus. Some gone to Horsham FC to tick off yet another minor stadium in Groundhopper and no doubt pick up some rare Pokemon character seen in its vicinity.

Already done all the jobs I had been putting off for weeks. Mrs Noah is painting her hand crafted Xmas cards with artistic genius. Dare not disturb her having been told that "just because you don't have football doesn't mean you can muck up my plans". She buys me my season ticket to prevent such interference and is probably more angry at the U's failure to progress in the FA Cup than me. I assure her will be back to normal next Saturday, if waterlogged, frozen pitches and other disasters are avoided.

Can't wait to get down pub at 18:00 when we old pals plan a reunion. I wonder, shall I get a dog to walk? Pubs open now, but nobody there. So where would we walk? Can't find any size 14 wellies anywhere so boggy Highwoods park is a no. It's no wonder so many blokes of my age sing the Blues. Hello, phone rings "BT here, your Internet has been compromised..." Sod off you scammer! Hang on, Mrs Noah now wants me to take her shopping while her wet skies dry, ah resistence is futile. FA Cup second round into Room 101 please. Where are the car keys....
November 30th on 14:17 - Nov 30 with 555 viewsGOSBTS

November 30th on 11:34 - Nov 30 by noah4x4

Well here it is, 30th November. No match, no normal routine. My pals either Christmas Shopping or gone to cinema with their missus. Some gone to Horsham FC to tick off yet another minor stadium in Groundhopper and no doubt pick up some rare Pokemon character seen in its vicinity.

Already done all the jobs I had been putting off for weeks. Mrs Noah is painting her hand crafted Xmas cards with artistic genius. Dare not disturb her having been told that "just because you don't have football doesn't mean you can muck up my plans". She buys me my season ticket to prevent such interference and is probably more angry at the U's failure to progress in the FA Cup than me. I assure her will be back to normal next Saturday, if waterlogged, frozen pitches and other disasters are avoided.

Can't wait to get down pub at 18:00 when we old pals plan a reunion. I wonder, shall I get a dog to walk? Pubs open now, but nobody there. So where would we walk? Can't find any size 14 wellies anywhere so boggy Highwoods park is a no. It's no wonder so many blokes of my age sing the Blues. Hello, phone rings "BT here, your Internet has been compromised..." Sod off you scammer! Hang on, Mrs Noah now wants me to take her shopping while her wet skies dry, ah resistence is futile. FA Cup second round into Room 101 please. Where are the car keys....

This made me chuckle Noah.

I'm settling down for an afternoon in front of Final Score. No U's and almost a foregone conclusion Albion will lose to Liverpool. I'm probably more invested in the second round results. Is it sacrilegious that I sort of want Ipswich to win so Brighton can draw them away in the 3rd round at Portman Road?
November 30th on 14:47 - Nov 30 with 552 viewsnoah4x4

Sum total result of one hour shopping trip; 1 × plastic wreath hanger for front door; a pack of ground almonds and a bag of toffees. Now one of my crowns is in a plastic box pending repair at the dentist on Monday. Mrs Noah now baking cakes for the W.I as I settle down for Wales v Barbarians. She knows I don't like almonds. Three hours and seventeen minutes until pub. Ooer, just realised got Fantasy League and Happy Cup to monitor. Welsh b*****'s are booing our Queen! Outrageous! Time to moon at TV during Welsh anthem. Feel like that woman with the big knickers talking to herself, but prefer the Fleabag. Where's the remote control? Might go to pub early.
November 30th on 15:49 - Nov 30 with 546 viewswessex_exile

November 30th on 14:47 - Nov 30 by noah4x4

Sum total result of one hour shopping trip; 1 × plastic wreath hanger for front door; a pack of ground almonds and a bag of toffees. Now one of my crowns is in a plastic box pending repair at the dentist on Monday. Mrs Noah now baking cakes for the W.I as I settle down for Wales v Barbarians. She knows I don't like almonds. Three hours and seventeen minutes until pub. Ooer, just realised got Fantasy League and Happy Cup to monitor. Welsh b*****'s are booing our Queen! Outrageous! Time to moon at TV during Welsh anthem. Feel like that woman with the big knickers talking to herself, but prefer the Fleabag. Where's the remote control? Might go to pub early.

LOL!

In other news, Mark Yeates is playing for Fylde today - has the assist for their goal.

Up the U's

November 30th on 17:31 - Nov 30 with 527 viewswessex_exile

Bradford City rescue a point at Macclesfield, but in the context of their game in hand, I'd have to say more like dropped two.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024