Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton punishment 18:23 - Nov 21 with 6688 viewsmacro

Being reported they'll escape with a suspended points deduction of 5 points. So they get away free for failing to fulfil the fixtures.
Bolton punishment on 18:37 - Nov 21 with 4702 views442Dale

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/november/club-statement2/

Confirmed. Keith Hill would be going mad.

If he was still here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bolton punishment on 18:39 - Nov 21 with 4699 viewsDale23years

Absolutely shocked by this decision, cheating tvvats get away Scot free.

Won't happen again for 2 years as the cheats have 40 million to play with until they have to reply it back, then the cycle will start again.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Bolton punishment on 18:41 - Nov 21 with 4684 views442Dale

The impact on us could be seen even more in the next couple of months as they target players to keep them up, something that’s very achievable now.

Bolton punishment on 18:54 - Nov 21 with 4630 viewsblackdogblue

Absolute fooking joke... not a chance in hell of me listening to GM Bolton for a while & to cap it off, half season ticket incentive to line Kim Jung Hills pockets for new players...

Words fail me ....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Bolton punishment on 18:57 - Nov 21 with 4622 viewsAncoats_Blue

I feel like Bury were harshly treated in comparison. I think this sets a dangerous precedent for other clubs to to postpone matches for their own benefit.
Bolton punishment on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 4553 views442Dale

Bolton punishment on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 4549 viewsTVOS1907

So presumably, next time we have our two first-choice full-backs on international duty, a whole host of first teamers out injured and have to name 16-year-olds on the bench, we can just postpone games instead?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bolton punishment on 19:24 - Nov 21 with 4526 views442Dale

From the man himself. Let’s just say his words on similar subjects in the past and going forward now mean very little. Sums him up.

When it suits, Keith. When it suits.

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton punishment on 19:43 - Nov 21 with 4480 viewsTVOS1907

Bolton punishment on 19:24 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

From the man himself. Let’s just say his words on similar subjects in the past and going forward now mean very little. Sums him up.

Aye, but we do know they signed players like Anelka, Djorkaeff, Okocha, Campo, etc, when they were in the Premier League, which is how they started to get into this mess in the first place.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2019 19:49]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Bolton punishment on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 4453 viewsrochdaleriddler

Bolton punishment on 19:24 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

Selective outrage for Mr Hill

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Bolton punishment on 19:58 - Nov 21 with 4441 viewsfinberty

Shouldn't really be our problem though, should it?

If we sorted our own operation out, Bolton would be an irrelevance.

How bury view this is another matter.
Bolton punishment on 20:03 - Nov 21 with 4423 views442Dale

Bolton punishment on 19:54 - Nov 21 by rochdaleriddler

Selective outrage for Mr Hill

Problem is he’s not clever enough to make sense. Nobody will ever dispute his achievements at Dale, but as a person he’s not worth five minutes of anyone’s time because anything that’s said isn’t worth taking seriously.

Bolton punishment on 20:07 - Nov 21 with 4410 viewsSuddenLad

Bolton punishment on 19:58 - Nov 21 by finberty

Who gives a flying &^%$ what Bury think ? There is no comparison to the Bury situation at all. Breaches of different regulations, attract different punishments.

Bury were rightly expelled from the EFL. Sadly, not soon enough.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Bolton punishment on 20:08 - Nov 21 with 4404 viewsTVOS1907

That doesn't mean it can't be commented on as it has a direct impact on ourselves and our opponents.

We did what we had to do in beating them 3-1.

Bolton punishment on 20:10 - Nov 21 with 4397 views442Dale

It is our problem in as much as Notts County and Rotherham were our problem in the past. You know, when our stand-up-for-what’s-morally-right manager would be calling out clubs who broke the rules.

It’s also our problem in January when teams like Bolton look for a proven L1 goalscorer to push on and avoid relegation. Proven L1 goalscorers who have links to managers at teams like Bolton.

Yes we have to sort our own issues out first, but this is our problem. A massive one.

Bolton punishment on 20:48 - Nov 21 with 4279 viewsfinberty

Bolton punishment on 20:07 - Nov 21 by SuddenLad

Who gives a flying &^%$ what Bury think ? There is no comparison to the Bury situation at all. Breaches of different regulations, attract different punishments.

I didn't say I did give a flying &^%$.

Given the victimhood on display, this is another string to their bow of grievance. What I was driving at was that I bet there will be a comment or two over there.

But, to be clear, I couldn't care less about either of those clubs.

Give me some credit.
Bolton punishment on 20:58 - Nov 21 with 4235 viewsfinberty

Bolton punishment on 20:10 - Nov 21 by 442Dale

It is our problem in as much as Notts County and Rotherham were our problem in the past. You know, when our stand-up-for-what’s-morally-right manager would be calling out clubs who broke the rules.

It’s also our problem in January when teams like Bolton look for a proven L1 goalscorer to push on and avoid relegation. Proven L1 goalscorers who have links to managers at teams like Bolton.

Yes we have to sort our own issues out first, but this is our problem. A massive one.

OK.
It's our problem.
Bolton punishment on 23:32 - Nov 21 with 3966 viewsSandyman

Bolton punishment on 19:16 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

So presumably, next time we have our two first-choice full-backs on international duty, a whole host of first teamers out injured and have to name 16-year-olds on the bench, we can just postpone games instead?

Of course we can. Any punishment will be suspended for 18 months. The precedent has been set for us and every other team in the EFL.
Bolton punishment on 07:14 - Nov 22 with 3817 viewsDaleiLama

Bolton punishment on 19:16 - Nov 21 by TVOS1907

Surely our Chairman can challenge this on exactly this basis?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Bolton punishment on 07:32 - Nov 22 with 3768 viewsD_Alien

Bolton punishment on 07:14 - Nov 22 by DaleiLama

Surely our Chairman can challenge this on exactly this basis?

Possibly more of an "executive" action?

Regarding our former manager's comments, i don't think I'm alone in being over the Hill

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bolton punishment on 07:46 - Nov 22 with 3749 views442Dale

Bolton punishment on 07:32 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Possibly more of an "executive" action?

Regarding our former manager's comments, i don't think I'm alone in being over the Hill

He’s confirmed everything some thought might be the case.

Bolton punishment on 07:51 - Nov 22 with 3734 viewsfitzochris

Bolton punishment on 07:46 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

He’s confirmed everything some thought might be the case.

He has, although he confirmed that for me when he was dealing with both Barnsley and Sheffield United behind the scenes but telling the local media and our own channels that he was “going nowhere”.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 7:52]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bolton punishment on 08:25 - Nov 22 with 3690 viewselectricblue

This does really send the wrong message out to all the clubs in the EFL.
5pts suspended for 18mths christ its a joke.
Should have been at least 6pts as Bolton could have or may have won those two games, so 5pts does not even cover it..
They should have got at least 6pts deducted immediately with a further 12pts suspended for 3 seasons......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Bolton punishment on 09:33 - Nov 22 with 3604 viewsDaleFan7

Bolton punishment on 08:25 - Nov 22 by electricblue

This does really send the wrong message out to all the clubs in the EFL.
5pts suspended for 18mths christ its a joke.
Should have been at least 6pts as Bolton could have or may have won those two games, so 5pts does not even cover it..
They should have got at least 6pts deducted immediately with a further 12pts suspended for 3 seasons......

I hope an owner in the EFL has the balls/money to challenge this decision. It sets a dangerous precedent. As for Hill, I suppose he has to be on 'their' side, they pay him but its still massively hypocritical and like others have said. All their debt wiped off, can go and sign pretty much anyone they want at L1 level in January. Doncaster fans have a right to be pissed off imo.

Loads of injuries? Tell the EFL you've only got kids available and need to postpone the game until you're at full strength.

Mid-table with a few games left, can't get promoted, can't get relegated? Don't play your last couple of games and go on holiday early.
Bolton punishment on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 3523 viewsAncoats_Blue

Bolton punishment on 20:07 - Nov 21 by SuddenLad

I don't really care what Bury (the entity or their fans) think. But I do feel that Bury and Bolton were very similar cases but handled completely differently by the authorities.

The EFL said Bury didn't have the resource to start and fulfil their fixtures and continuously postponed their games until they got their house in order.

Bolton, however, were able to start the season with a tiny squad of youth players, then call the competition into disrepute by getting hammered every game and deciding after a while they couldn't play due to "player welfare". We now have some of the league having benefited from huge wins over a weak Bolton side where other clubs are going to struggle against them post January when they flash the cash. That's not fair and will materially change the outcome of the league.

Really, both Bolton and Bury should never have started the season. If either of them were taken over successfully before the EFLs deadline then fair enough - start the season late and deal with the fixture pile-up and the consequences of this.

The whole saga just looks like Bolton got more chances to succeed than Bury and I don't like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024