Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread 09:46 - Nov 22 with 13234 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 09:00
Dale are back in league action this weekend, desperately looking to end their dismal league form. Portsmouth are the visitors to Spotland. 0

Opposition View:

Opposition View: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 14:00
Ahead of this weekends game at home to Portsmouth, we had a chat with Pompey fan Tony Gladwin 1

Played For Both:

Played For Both: Dale vs Pompey 22nd Nov 2019 09:00
Few players have been able to get Dale fans on the edge of their seats in recent years like this week's Played For Both featured player, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:37 - Nov 22 with 5448 viewsAncoats_Blue

Win. Start of a 3 match winning run. We all forget how bobbins the last few games have been and look up at the play offs.

Then we lose the following 3 and worry about relegation again.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 13:11 - Nov 22 with 5356 viewsboromat

Been a difficult November when it comes to the league. Be nice to finish it with a win.

Going off the Dec and Jan fixtures Dec doesn't look easy, January on paper looks like there are more likely points available.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:04 - Nov 22 with 5257 viewsAtThePeake

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Dale v Portsmouth 22nd Nov 2019 15:00
Referee James Adcock is the man in the middle for Dale’s home game against Portsmouth on Saturday. 0

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:19 - Nov 22 with 5233 viewsjudd

Admin, please can you remove the image of that bewigged, blowing his own trumpet badly inked irksome drip?

Thanks in advance.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:25 - Nov 22 with 5234 viewskel

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:19 - Nov 22 by judd

Admin, please can you remove the image of that bewigged, blowing his own trumpet badly inked irksome drip?

Thanks in advance.

And can we also interview a different Bellringer next time instead of that dullard?
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:41 - Nov 22 with 5199 viewsChaffRAFC

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:25 - Nov 22 by kel

And can we also interview a different Bellringer next time instead of that dullard?

Everyone's favourite bellringer is Tony!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:43 - Nov 22 with 5191 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:25 - Nov 22 by kel

I didn't read it at first on account of being poor at French.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:34 - Nov 22 with 5096 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:41 - Nov 22 by ChaffRAFC

Everyone's favourite bellringer is Tony!

Clique Central now extends to Pompey fans, I see...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 22 with 5078 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:34 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

Clique Central now extends to Pompey fans, I see...

He even attends stag do's!

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 5015 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 22 by judd

He even attends stag do's!

I wouldn't know.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 22 with 5015 viewsShun

Good article on NML. Those few months before he left that you talked about were I think the best I’ve ever seen any Dale player play. Mesmerising performances. Loved the Logical Song too!
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 22 with 5004 viewsAtThePeake

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:13 - Nov 22 by Shun

Good article on NML. Those few months before he left that you talked about were I think the best I’ve ever seen any Dale player play. Mesmerising performances. Loved the Logical Song too!

Was quite easy to gush about him, he was stunning in that run towards the end of his second season.

I remember my Boro supporting flatmate coming to Bolton away basically just because I wanted to sing the Logical Song with us, haha.

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 22 with 4866 viewsseasidedale

Hoping for a positive result tomorrow it will be 50 years this weekend I first started watching Rochdale
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 21:48 - Nov 22 with 4752 viewsD_Alien

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 22 by seasidedale

Hoping for a positive result tomorrow it will be 50 years this weekend I first started watching Rochdale

So that'd be our first season after promotion to old Div 3 (L1), when we started off really well. Hope it's a good game, at least

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 4734 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:25 - Nov 22 by seasidedale

Mansfield at home?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 08:05 - Nov 23 with 4573 viewsseasidedale

It was, Monday 24th November, strange thing is I only went because all my friends went and I had nothing to do. I didn’t even like sport before then. WE won 2-1
The start of a long love affair with the dale, my son goes and we have just introduced my grandson to attending, today though I am on my own
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:42 - Nov 23 with 4433 viewsEllDale

I was going to open a separate thread on that Mansfield game with the anniversary occurring this weekend.
We won 2-1 on Monday 24th November with a header from Billy Rudd (yes, a bit a rarity that!) in front of the Sandy in the closing stages.
That sent us to the top of the league in front of 6600 fans.
Is it really 50 years ago? We had had even been on Match of the Day the previous Saturday when we lost 2-0 at Luton.
Memorable days.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 11:28 - Nov 23 with 4375 viewspioneer

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:42 - Nov 23 by EllDale

I was going to open a separate thread on that Mansfield game with the anniversary occurring this weekend.
We won 2-1 on Monday 24th November with a header from Billy Rudd (yes, a bit a rarity that!) in front of the Sandy in the closing stages.
That sent us to the top of the league in front of 6600 fans.
Is it really 50 years ago? We had had even been on Match of the Day the previous Saturday when we lost 2-0 at Luton.
Memorable days.

I think the Luton game was the Saturday after beating Mansfield and going top of the league. Luton then went back to the top by beating us.

In the Mansfield game they managed to bring on a sub without taking anyone off so we were playing against 12 men for about 5 or six mins when Captain Joe Ashworth explained to the ref the idea of the substitution rule!
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 23 with 4307 viewsTVOS1907

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 11:28 - Nov 23 by pioneer

I think the Luton game was the Saturday after beating Mansfield and going top of the league. Luton then went back to the top by beating us.

In the Mansfield game they managed to bring on a sub without taking anyone off so we were playing against 12 men for about 5 or six mins when Captain Joe Ashworth explained to the ref the idea of the substitution rule!

Monday 3rd November 1969, Mansfield 1, Dale 2, Dale go top of the league

Saturday 8th November 1969, Halifax 3, Dale 1, Dale drop to second, replaced by Luton

Saturday 15th November 1969, Workington 2, Dale 1 (FA Cup)

Saturday 22nd November 1969, Luton 2, Dale 0, Luton now two points clear of Dale at the top

Monday 24th November 1969, Dale 2, Mansfield 1 (neither team made any subs), Luton remain top on goal average, as it was then

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:29 - Nov 23 with 4244 viewsD_Alien

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:03 - Nov 23 by TVOS1907

Monday 3rd November 1969, Mansfield 1, Dale 2, Dale go top of the league

Saturday 8th November 1969, Halifax 3, Dale 1, Dale drop to second, replaced by Luton

Saturday 15th November 1969, Workington 2, Dale 1 (FA Cup)

Saturday 22nd November 1969, Luton 2, Dale 0, Luton now two points clear of Dale at the top

Monday 24th November 1969, Dale 2, Mansfield 1 (neither team made any subs), Luton remain top on goal average, as it was then

Some real highs and lows in that sequence, especially the cup defeat at Workington, who i think were in Div 4 (L2), and the loss at Halifax on a dismal afternoon, pretty similar conditions to today

But we were in dreamland regarding our league position. The Billy Rudd winner mentioned earlier came after wave after wave of attack, playing some of the best football seen on the Spotland turf either before or since

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:05 - Nov 23 with 4091 viewsjacko_dale

When was the last time we put out a bench entirely of academy graduates (barring the keeper)?
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:07 - Nov 23 with 4072 viewsDale23years

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:05 - Nov 23 by jacko_dale

When was the last time we put out a bench entirely of academy graduates (barring the keeper)?

Should refuse to play the game to protect our younger players.

How many players have we got out injured ??

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:24 - Nov 23 with 3984 viewsboromat

Starting line up is alright maybe apart from MJ having to play centre back. The bench is a great opportunity for the young lads as they will be needed but doesn't give me much hope for getting a result today as I was already expecting a tough game with a strong line up. They've got people like pitman in the bench 🤣

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:45 - Nov 23 with 3908 viewsYadHoDale

Bobby
Luke - Bones- Little Jim- RND
MJ - Morley
Pyke - Camps - Done
Hendo

Might as well go for it...
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:48 - Nov 23 with 3895 views442Dale

Lillis out warming up the keepers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising