Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread 09:46 - Nov 22 with 12961 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 09:00
Dale are back in league action this weekend, desperately looking to end their dismal league form. Portsmouth are the visitors to Spotland. 0

Opposition View:

Opposition View: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 14:00
Ahead of this weekends game at home to Portsmouth, we had a chat with Pompey fan Tony Gladwin 1

Played For Both:

Played For Both: Dale vs Pompey 22nd Nov 2019 09:00
Few players have been able to get Dale fans on the edge of their seats in recent years like this week's Played For Both featured player, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:48 - Nov 23 with 2838 viewsboromat

Looking like RND will be at centre back

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:54 - Nov 23 with 2808 viewsToffeemanc

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:48 - Nov 23 by 442Dale

Lillis out warming up the keepers.

Nice to see him back out there with a smile on his face even if he isn’t involved in the game itself.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 14:57 - Nov 23 with 2793 viewsonedalefan

Turn the bloody Christmas songs off!
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:56 - Nov 23 with 2479 viewsJames1980

Out in Lewes for a good friend's 40th so opted out of coming for today's game. Stats from fotmob app certainly look impressive apart from of course the one vital one. Still 45 minutes to go though.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:56 - Nov 23 with 2479 viewsisitme

Football much better than Tuesday. Unlucky to be behind. They took their one chance. Pyke's header hit the woodwork. There is something here for us if we keep on attacking. Just a bit worried that there is not much on the bench.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:58 - Nov 23 with 2457 viewsToffeemanc

A better performance than the Wrexham game so far, but we still look toothless and static up front. With nothing on the bench it’s difficult to see how we change things in the second half.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:07 - Nov 23 with 2380 viewsToffeemanc

0-2 carbon copy of the first and should have been easily saved by Sanchez.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Nov 23 with 2363 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 15:58 - Nov 23 by Toffeemanc

A better performance than the Wrexham game so far, but we still look toothless and static up front. With nothing on the bench it’s difficult to see how we change things in the second half.

It's the hope that kills you though.......can't see us getting owt now.
Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:17 - Nov 23 with 2297 viewsDaleFan7

We just dont have the players to threaten in the final 3rd. Nearly 10 games at home and only 8 goals. Done slows play down every time, Camps is too lazy, I hoped Pyke would progress better than he has. You turn to the bench and who do you bring on?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 16:17]
Porsc s cetsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:18 - Nov 23 with 2286 viewsDale23years

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Nov 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

No defense, no attack, no pace no leaders,no skill, 1 man team, well done board hope your happy with what your seeing on the pitch.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Nov 23 with 2170 viewsnordenblue

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Nov 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

If anyone predicted anything but a loss at home looking at that bench they need to seek help, if this is the boards plan to stay in this current division id suggest rapidly there's a few glaring problems with that little plan
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 23 with 2090 viewsblackdogblue

Absolute fooking shite ....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:48 - Nov 23 with 2086 viewsCanadaDale

Let’s be honest and admit this is just sh*t to watch.
Keep the ball without actually doing anything with it! At one point the stats read 73% possession, 0 shots on target and losing 1-0.
The next possession stat that popped up was 74% and losing 2-0.
You have the Dale commentators saying how good we are playing and that it’s all Dale! You’ve got to be having a laugh they haven’t looked worried by us once in this game and we haven’t threatened their goal once with any kind of real chance.
We must be one of the easiest teams to play against in the entire league, when they know all they have to do is let us have the ball and then counter because our defending is a joke.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 2056 viewsDale23years

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:48 - Nov 23 by CanadaDale

Let’s be honest and admit this is just sh*t to watch.
Keep the ball without actually doing anything with it! At one point the stats read 73% possession, 0 shots on target and losing 1-0.
The next possession stat that popped up was 74% and losing 2-0.
You have the Dale commentators saying how good we are playing and that it’s all Dale! You’ve got to be having a laugh they haven’t looked worried by us once in this game and we haven’t threatened their goal once with any kind of real chance.
We must be one of the easiest teams to play against in the entire league, when they know all they have to do is let us have the ball and then counter because our defending is a joke.

Get BBM out of our club

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:50 - Nov 23 with 2057 viewsToffeemanc

Playing like we are Boston next week is looking like a tough game and a good chance we will end up being embarrassed.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:53 - Nov 23 with 2030 viewsIOMDale

Worse than being angry with all of this is being indifferent and that’s exactly how I feel of late. Each loss has an air of inevitability about it.

Granted, BBM has very little scope for changing it up in the light of severe underinvestment and injuries but to quote Einstein, ‘the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results’.

If the club aren’t willing to invest in January, I’ll not be spending a penny that goes into the club’s coffers until they do.

UTDNFS

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:54 - Nov 23 with 2007 viewsmilnrowblue

First time this season that I’ve been fuming as a Dale fan.

I don’t expect a lot. We have a league 2/non-league budget and fan base. I don’t expect to be battling against anything but relegation as Dale, but that has go to be one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen.

I’m fully behind BBM, as I would be any manager, but them players need to take a look at themselves tonight.

What an absolute sh*tshow.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 23 with 1923 viewsfitzochris

I don’t know why folk are surprised by what we’re seeing. A depleted squad due to lack of depth and players from the academy who are simply not ready. The writing was on the wall before the season started.

All we can do is vent the frustration in the appropriate direction, but it shouldn’t be at the players.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 17:00]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 23 with 1841 viewsDaleFan7

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:59 - Nov 23 by fitzochris

I don’t know why folk are surprised by what we’re seeing. A depleted squad due to lack of depth and players from the academy who are simply not ready. The writing was on the wall before the season started.

All we can do is vent the frustration in the appropriate direction, but it shouldn’t be at the players.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 17:00]

I actually feel sorry for BBM. There isn’t a manager in the football league that could get this squad scoring goals. Our better players this season, Henderson aside BBM has brought in O’Connell, RND, McShane etc. Other than Ryan who is awful.

Looking at that though they’re defensive players. As I said before we have no one outside Henderson that is a player that can create or score goals at this level. Anyone that thinks Camps can play at a higher level than this is deluded.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:09 - Nov 23 with 1823 viewsToffeemanc

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Nov 23 by nordenblue

If anyone predicted anything but a loss at home looking at that bench they need to seek help, if this is the boards plan to stay in this current division id suggest rapidly there's a few glaring problems with that little plan

I’d suggest the board and their lack of funding for the playing side is the problem. Our chairman has been seen less than Lord Lucan and brings nothing to the club along with the Chief Egomaniac Officer. For me they can all leave as they are happy to sit back and watch us be relegated to what some of them believe is our true level.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:14 - Nov 23 with 1773 viewsDale23years

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:07 - Nov 23 by DaleFan7

I actually feel sorry for BBM. There isn’t a manager in the football league that could get this squad scoring goals. Our better players this season, Henderson aside BBM has brought in O’Connell, RND, McShane etc. Other than Ryan who is awful.

Looking at that though they’re defensive players. As I said before we have no one outside Henderson that is a player that can create or score goals at this level. Anyone that thinks Camps can play at a higher level than this is deluded.

But has brought in some crap as well,including renewing contacts for slow, pass their cell by date players.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Nov 23 with 1676 viewsShun

Portsmouth were nothing special but they’d done their home work - they knew we’d dominate possession (68% today) but all they had to do was sit back and wait for us to make a mistake, when they’d have a good chance of scoring.

We played well in the first half and looked more offensive than of late, yet somehow went in behind at the break. The second half we reverted to type though. We deserved to lose but not by 3.

Is that the youngest bench we’ve ever had? I can’t remember a bench being made up of one sub keeper and then 6 academy players, only one of whom has played any games of note. EOC played well again. RND had a disappointing return but he was playing as a central defender for most of the game, puzzlingly. He looked far more impressive when Keohane went off and he got to play at LB. Done’s an enigma - one game he plays at LB, the next he’s a forward, and today he was given a free role in midfield. I’m not really sure what he is or what he’s best at.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:25 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsD_Alien

Thought we showed good attacking intent, and i was entertained

Owt else? Later, maybe

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:28 - Nov 23 with 1633 viewsblackdogblue

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:25 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

Thought we showed good attacking intent, and i was entertained

Owt else? Later, maybe

Was you at Accrington?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 23 with 1616 viewsSteveo473

Terrible display and awful tactics.
Keohane left back/left wing why oh why place one of best attacking assets at CB. So many bad displays. Pyke, the most frustrating player ever, he had the height and build to do damage yet puts in 50%. A dark afternoon, god help us with a run of away games.

I agree the squad is poor but BBM your tactics are awful.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024