Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread 09:46 - Nov 22 with 13209 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 09:00
Dale are back in league action this weekend, desperately looking to end their dismal league form. Portsmouth are the visitors to Spotland. 0

Opposition View:

Opposition View: Dale v Portsmouth 21st Nov 2019 14:00
Ahead of this weekends game at home to Portsmouth, we had a chat with Pompey fan Tony Gladwin 1

Played For Both:

Played For Both: Dale vs Pompey 22nd Nov 2019 09:00
Few players have been able to get Dale fans on the edge of their seats in recent years like this week's Played For Both featured player, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:30 - Nov 23 with 3222 viewsFrog

From 3 wins in a row to 5 defeats. Who was asking for consistency? In the last 5 games we've averaged 52% possession but had 11.6 shots to 18.2. Yes, I'm bored and depressed 😭
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Nov 23 with 3209 viewsjonahwhereru

Could not believe the bench today. We are absolutely paper thin in terms of the squad. Who is Brierley, did they drag him in of the street to fill the bench.
Can’t get blood out of a stone, make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. BBM must be having to whisper these old sayings to himself to save his sanity. That starting 11 could beat a few teams in this league but not many. Thankfully the bottom 8 clubs are all poor. Do not know what injury issues other sides have but it could hardly be worse for us. When we get a few back I think we can pick up sufficient points to be one of the better teams of that bottom eight.
We do still have the option of playing the Bolton card and fielding all the kids in one game. Then withdrawn from the next couple of fixtures while the injury situation improves. The EFL have set an interesting precedent there.
We do need to get a result and quick.
I still have faith, but I am a bit numb to it all these days.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:04 - Nov 23 with 2967 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Nov 23 by blackdogblue

Absolute fooking shite ....

another day, another dismal dicking....("against the run of play"...who's kidding who?)
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:08 - Nov 23 with 2942 viewsHuddersdale1

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 16:53 - Nov 23 by IOMDale

Worse than being angry with all of this is being indifferent and that’s exactly how I feel of late. Each loss has an air of inevitability about it.

Granted, BBM has very little scope for changing it up in the light of severe underinvestment and injuries but to quote Einstein, ‘the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results’.

If the club aren’t willing to invest in January, I’ll not be spending a penny that goes into the club’s coffers until they do.

Sums up my feelings too, ie I'm beyond the angry stage and just expecting defeats to happen.

Thought we played pretty well first half other than being toothless up front, but 2nd half we reverted to type.

Morley had a poor game-very static and his corners rarely beat the defender on the near post
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:23 - Nov 23 with 2834 viewsSuddenLad

Let's not be aiming the guns at BBM or the young lads he's asking to do a man's job. If it wasn't evident today that we need investment, then it never will be.

We lack height, we lack strength, we lack the basic ability to kick a dead ball above knee height. Our corners are becoming an opportunity for the opposition to score on the break.

Lord Lucan and the Caped Crusader need to come to the rescue and give BBM and his squad the support that they deserve.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:36 - Nov 23 with 2743 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Whilst we are not going to see a Home goal or any points at home this side of Christmas,at least we have two weeks to get a few more of our walking wounded back to fitness.

Not heard any updates but where were our star strikers Alby and Calvin today?
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:47 - Nov 23 with 2667 viewsRippDale

BBM needs support from the board in January. I hope he gets the chance to at least attempt to change the DNA of the team but at the moment it wreaks of the final 2 years of Keith Hill's reign. The football is boring with no flexibility in the stubborn approach similar to the predecessor. I fear BBM might be too nice for management and too close to the squad. Matty Done and Alby shouldn't have received new contracts. He needs to be judged next season when hopefully a squad overall is done
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 23 with 2633 viewsD_Alien

So here's what else. I rate Sanchez as a keeper, but someone at the club needs to tell him where to get off with his berating of players after conceding. The two second half goals were followed by him slagging Keohane and Matheson off respectively when neither were particularly at fault as Portsmouth sliced us open - certainly no more than any of the other outfield players

It's just not on, however disappointed he might be, and does absolutely nothing for cohesive team spirit. Both those players gave a bit back, but the manager needs to be having a serious word too. Just not good to see happening

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 23 with 2642 views49thseason

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:36 - Nov 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Whilst we are not going to see a Home goal or any points at home this side of Christmas,at least we have two weeks to get a few more of our walking wounded back to fitness.

Not heard any updates but where were our star strikers Alby and Calvin today?

They probably won the raffle for two chistmas shopping passes. Hendo is due a sending off any time about now . I was hoping for 25 points by January but that is now looking unlikely. So we will be playing the second half of the season needing 30+ points. 6 games ago I thought 60+ points looked possible with a fair wind and a couple of unexpectedly good results. The last 5 games have killed off that idea.

So we are now in the midst of our annual Christmas slump when having a team lacking height , strength, pace and exuberance is always going to struggle . Batten down the hatches, we are in for a difficult season, we need a busy January, but I'm betting we dont get one.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:51 - Nov 23 with 2623 viewsDale1963

Got to squeeze as many points out of this situation till January. Then the board have got to back BBM or we will struggle to finish 4th from bottom. If we go down can’t see us coming back.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 19:20 - Nov 23 with 2455 views_Windydale

Depressing end to the game. But, quite enjoyed the first half as we were still in and getting into some good attacking positions which with a little bit of luck, gave us hope of clawing one back. Down the wings and crosses is the order of play. Be great if McShane was on today he might have been on hand to score one. Badly missed him today.

Defending. Nicking the ball in midfield we were great, however, poor to close down when Portsmouth ran with it. Allowing them space and time to move the ball into our penalty area. Picking out a pass to a player with plenty of space to slot home.

Our main threat was down the sides and predictable. Williams or Morley either; not seeing the runners or have the confidence to thread one through. Camps was man marked out of it and didn't really shake him off. Through the middle, thought Dale's play broke down regularly. Often it seems we end up with 5 players stood amongst there defensive line after having made another pointless run. But not resetting, and starting again. Portsmouth just kept formation and made it look easy.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 19:56 - Nov 23 with 2343 viewsJames1980

This will make you chuckle. I turned up to meet up with mates and gave one of them a buzz to see where they were. Guess who got the dates mixed up?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:01 - Nov 23 with 2313 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

So here's what else. I rate Sanchez as a keeper, but someone at the club needs to tell him where to get off with his berating of players after conceding. The two second half goals were followed by him slagging Keohane and Matheson off respectively when neither were particularly at fault as Portsmouth sliced us open - certainly no more than any of the other outfield players

It's just not on, however disappointed he might be, and does absolutely nothing for cohesive team spirit. Both those players gave a bit back, but the manager needs to be having a serious word too. Just not good to see happening

Strange how we see things. For the second I thought both Jimmy in not closing down and Luke in not blocking the shot for their second were as much to blame as Sanchez was for not saving it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:13 - Nov 23 with 2245 viewsD_Alien

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:01 - Nov 23 by judd

Strange how we see things. For the second I thought both Jimmy in not closing down and Luke in not blocking the shot for their second were as much to blame as Sanchez was for not saving it.

No, you saw right. But that was after both had been left exposed by what had happened in front of them; they were left chasing shadows and Sanchez seemed to be berating them for not catching them. Unfair on both those lads

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:26 - Nov 23 with 2195 viewsJames1980

Some stats. Dale 27 crosses Pompey 19, one yes one of ours was accurate whereas four of Portsmouth's were.
Of the 98 duels Dale won 42 Pompey 56
Tackles by Dale 7 successful 4. Pompey 15 and 12
Aerials won Dale 18 Pompey 21
Interceptions 4 vs 16

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:32 - Nov 23 with 2157 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:13 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

No, you saw right. But that was after both had been left exposed by what had happened in front of them; they were left chasing shadows and Sanchez seemed to be berating them for not catching them. Unfair on both those lads

Fair enough, personally thought all 3 should have done better.

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:59 - Nov 23 with 2019 viewsrichfoad32

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:26 - Nov 23 by James1980

Some stats. Dale 27 crosses Pompey 19, one yes one of ours was accurate whereas four of Portsmouth's were.
Of the 98 duels Dale won 42 Pompey 56
Tackles by Dale 7 successful 4. Pompey 15 and 12
Aerials won Dale 18 Pompey 21
Interceptions 4 vs 16

I guess this is one way to increase the popularity of football in America, they love meaningless stats.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 21:03 - Nov 23 with 1997 viewsJames1980

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 20:59 - Nov 23 by richfoad32

I guess this is one way to increase the popularity of football in America, they love meaningless stats.

Not sure I agree they are entirely meaningless.
They won more aerial challenges, made more tackles, more Interceptions more of there crosses were on target and they made less of them.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 21:15]

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 22:03 - Nov 23 with 1847 viewsEllDale

Back to the subject of Lillis and a chap in the Sandy today seemed to think that Steve Collis has left the club?
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 00:27 - Nov 24 with 1670 viewsrochdaleriddler

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 18:48 - Nov 23 by D_Alien

I don’t actually rate Sanchez , he is full of errors every game, his distribution is Lillisesque, he comes out for balls when he shouldn’t and his kicking game is shite. He is a good shot stopper, but aren’t all goalies supposed to be?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 08:27 - Nov 24 with 1449 viewsblackdogblue

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 22:03 - Nov 23 by EllDale

Back to the subject of Lillis and a chap in the Sandy today seemed to think that Steve Collis has left the club?

Probably Xmas shopping with our Star strikers, Raff”s replacement and the rest of the bench

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 08:42 - Nov 24 with 1409 viewsscarrow

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 00:27 - Nov 24 by rochdaleriddler

I don’t actually rate Sanchez , he is full of errors every game, his distribution is Lillisesque, he comes out for balls when he shouldn’t and his kicking game is shite. He is a good shot stopper, but aren’t all goalies supposed to be?

Sanchez is a quality keeper. He is though a bit grobelaar like and very laid back.

Poll: Final position

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:36 - Nov 24 with 1219 viewsseasidedale

I thought that all subs yesterday where youth teamers, Brierley according to the official site profiles is 118 years old birthday year 1901!
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 11:54 - Nov 24 with 1109 viewsaleanddale

A difficult watch.

All that possession and never really looked like scoring bar one looped back heeded effort that came back off the post first half from Pyke.

We are in spot of bother at the moment with injury.

We will have a chance this year with Bury gone and Bolton Southend and MK looking equally poor we might stay up.

Regardless the football is toothless and turgid. The MK home game we had so many chances as we looked to get shots off at every opportunity. A return to that style of mentality and play would be welcome.
Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 12:02 - Nov 24 with 1088 viewsjudd

Portsmouth (H) - Match Thread on 10:36 - Nov 24 by seasidedale

I thought that all subs yesterday where youth teamers, Brierley according to the official site profiles is 118 years old birthday year 1901!

Ethan Brierley was 16 yesterday and is a pupil at Oulder Hill.

Lovely lad and a great young footballer. Really hope he makes a good career of it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024