Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off 13:42 - Nov 22 with 2873 viewsSandyDrum

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/gillinghamkickoffmoved/

Somebody, somewhere is severely lacking brain cells.

Earliest train from Rochdale - Gillingham arrives into Gillingham at 14:27, making it physically impossible to get to the game if you don't drive.

Surely, if the club want to get fans back onside, this would be a great opportunity to lay on a free / heavily subsidised coach.

Edit** I'm aware this won't have been a decision made by anyone at the football club but it's still an opportunity for the club to show a good gesture to the fans.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 13:55]

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 14:04 - Nov 22 with 2828 viewsjudd

Why has it been brought forward - so they don't have to put the floodlights on?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 14:33 - Nov 22 with 2771 viewsSandyman

The EFL website currently (14:29) lists all League One fixtures for that day as 3PM kick offs.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-league-one/fixtures-and-resul

No reason given for the change.

The Dale website "apologises to fans who have been inconvenienced by this", but the Gillingham website states "The game will now kick-off at 1pm after both clubs agreed to bring the start time forward". So Dale are sorry but agreed to it? Why?

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2019/november/rochdale-kick-off/
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 14:38 - Nov 22 with 2755 viewsAncoats_Blue

I’ll still probably go
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:14 - Nov 22 with 2650 viewssuffolkdale

Appreciate the concerns of those going by train from Rochdale but at that time of the year the long journey home to Rochdale (or Suffolk) by car is a much better prospect with a 1pm kick off. It is a grim ground to visit which is cold at the best of times, an earlier start at least means the need for one less layer! Seems good sense to me .......
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:37 - Nov 22 with 2605 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:14 - Nov 22 by suffolkdale

Appreciate the concerns of those going by train from Rochdale but at that time of the year the long journey home to Rochdale (or Suffolk) by car is a much better prospect with a 1pm kick off. It is a grim ground to visit which is cold at the best of times, an earlier start at least means the need for one less layer! Seems good sense to me .......

How is it?

The game will finish at around 2.50pm. By the same everyone has made their way out of the ground and back to the motorway, darkness will already be settling in.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:46 - Nov 22 with 2592 viewssuffolkdale

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:37 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

How is it?

The game will finish at around 2.50pm. By the same everyone has made their way out of the ground and back to the motorway, darkness will already be settling in.

Simple - on the 28th December when the weather and road conditions can be problematic I would rather be setting off home at 2.50pm than 4.50pm - hopefully with three points gained!
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 17:11 - Nov 22 with 2553 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 16:46 - Nov 22 by suffolkdale

Simple - on the 28th December when the weather and road conditions can be problematic I would rather be setting off home at 2.50pm than 4.50pm - hopefully with three points gained!

By the time you get going properly after the 1pm kick-off, it will virtually be as dark as it will later.

Of more concern is people getting there from Rochdale for 1pm rather than whether they will have to use their lights or not.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 17:27 - Nov 22 with 2526 views442Dale

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 17:11 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

By the time you get going properly after the 1pm kick-off, it will virtually be as dark as it will later.

Of more concern is people getting there from Rochdale for 1pm rather than whether they will have to use their lights or not.

Coming from Rochdale, just to make sure to get there on time, it may require setting off in the dark too!

Would be interested in the reasoning.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 17:35 - Nov 22 with 2511 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 17:27 - Nov 22 by 442Dale

Coming from Rochdale, just to make sure to get there on time, it may require setting off in the dark too!

Would be interested in the reasoning.

Same here, but there's this Gillingham clown on Twitter who doesn't think it's a coincidence that BOTH of their Xmas home games have been switched to 1pm.

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 2435 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 14:33 - Nov 22 by Sandyman

The EFL website currently (14:29) lists all League One fixtures for that day as 3PM kick offs.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/sky-bet-league-one/fixtures-and-resul

No reason given for the change.

The Dale website "apologises to fans who have been inconvenienced by this", but the Gillingham website states "The game will now kick-off at 1pm after both clubs agreed to bring the start time forward". So Dale are sorry but agreed to it? Why?

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2019/november/rochdale-kick-off/

I bet the club does not explain why it has agreed to this, if people had prebooked trains it fooks them plans up. No consideration for fans at all

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 19:54 - Nov 22 with 2329 viewsnordenblue

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 18:18 - Nov 22 by rochdaleriddler

I bet the club does not explain why it has agreed to this, if people had prebooked trains it fooks them plans up. No consideration for fans at all

You seem surprised?
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 21:03 - Nov 22 with 2262 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 19:54 - Nov 22 by nordenblue

You seem surprised?

I am a bit, but perhaps I shouldn’t be , I’d like to know the thinking behind it , how does it benefit the players, the club?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 00:24 - Nov 23 with 2154 viewsYadHoDale

08:20 Manchester to Euston (11:00)
Tube to Victoria
11:40 Ramsgate train gets you to Gillingham for 12:27.

15:12 Gillingham to Victoria, cross to Euston, choice of two or three Manchester trains...

Bus/tram/split a taxi to Manchester in the morning, and you're sorted.
Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 08:43 - Nov 23 with 2040 viewsrochdaleriddler

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 00:24 - Nov 23 by YadHoDale

08:20 Manchester to Euston (11:00)
Tube to Victoria
11:40 Ramsgate train gets you to Gillingham for 12:27.

15:12 Gillingham to Victoria, cross to Euston, choice of two or three Manchester trains...

Bus/tram/split a taxi to Manchester in the morning, and you're sorted.

No buses from littleborough, so I would have to walk to Rochdale get the tram at 7.02, or the bus at 6.37. Not sorted for me

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 09:00 - Nov 23 with 2015 viewsboromat

The only thing I can think is the club might make more money from £10 match passes to watch on iFollow than the 5% of away ticket sales. Not that I would necessarily agree with that if it's the case.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 14:31]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 14:28 - Nov 23 with 1882 viewsYadHoDale

Gillingham - Sunday 29th December - 1pm Kick Off on 08:43 - Nov 23 by rochdaleriddler

No buses from littleborough, so I would have to walk to Rochdale get the tram at 7.02, or the bus at 6.37. Not sorted for me

Good point, well made..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024