Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Szmodics again 20:03 - Nov 27 with 1120 viewsnoah4x4

Sammy not even on bench for Bristol City. Is he injured?

Strikes me he should have gone to Leeds or stayed with the U’s to play football.
No Szmodics again on 21:16 - Nov 27 with 1106 viewsdurham_exile

Noah, Szmodics has made 3 brief appearances for Bristol this season.

They have 6 players injured
Wright
Amer
Smith
Dasilva
Adobe
Hunt

Sammy is not injured he simply cannot get into the team.

It is highly unlikely that his situation would have been any better at Leeds.

Incidentally I thought that his performance at Lincoln in the final game of the season was his best in a U's shirt.

At least we have the £750k

UTU's

Bristol City thrashed 4-1 at WBA tonight
[Post edited 27 Nov 2019 23:29]

Durham_exile

No Szmodics again on 23:51 - Nov 28 with 1036 viewsmfb_cufc

Szmodics is not Championship class. It has cost Bristol City £750,000 to find that out.

mfb

No Szmodics again on 00:04 - Nov 29 with 1029 viewswessex_exile

No Szmodics again on 23:51 - Nov 28 by mfb_cufc

Szmodics is not Championship class. It has cost Bristol City £750,000 to find that out.

Harsh, but at this stage in his career I’d have to agree. I think he could be, and is certainly better than League 2. We won’t see him back here, but I would expect him to be loaned out to a League 1 side in January - please not Ipswich, Wycombe or god-forbid the Thames estuary bottom-feeders though!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

No Szmodics again on 12:23 - Nov 29 with 990 viewsdurham_exile

No Szmodics again on 00:04 - Nov 29 by wessex_exile

Harsh, but at this stage in his career I’d have to agree. I think he could be, and is certainly better than League 2. We won’t see him back here, but I would expect him to be loaned out to a League 1 side in January - please not Ipswich, Wycombe or god-forbid the Thames estuary bottom-feeders though!

Could even be to Sunderland. Will Grigg is not on fire in fact he is not even smouldering.

Parky could be sacked by then and Szmodics could be loaned to them.

UTU's

Durham_exile

No Szmodics again on 23:52 - Nov 29 with 951 viewsghughes11

No Szmodics again on 12:23 - Nov 29 by durham_exile

Could even be to Sunderland. Will Grigg is not on fire in fact he is not even smouldering.

Parky could be sacked by then and Szmodics could be loaned to them.

UTU's

They would be crazy to sack Parky, wouldn't they?!?
I know that their fans expect auto promotion and to win the Premier League in a couple of years time, however give the man at least to the end of next season - I'm sure he would take them to the Championship and keep them up if given the chance!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

No Szmodics again on 17:58 - Nov 30 with 921 viewsBlue4U2

According to a friend he was spotted at Colchester United at the Spurs Under 21 game
He had his boy's picture taken while Sammie was with U's players on the bench.
Maybe we could get him back here on loan in January, I'm sure we'd play him,,,?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 17:59]
No Szmodics again on 18:05 - Nov 30 with 912 viewsdurham_exile

No Szmodics again on 23:52 - Nov 29 by ghughes11

They would be crazy to sack Parky, wouldn't they?!?
I know that their fans expect auto promotion and to win the Premier League in a couple of years time, however give the man at least to the end of next season - I'm sure he would take them to the Championship and keep them up if given the chance!

Friends of mine are Sunderland season ticket holders and the word is that the Black Cats want Kevin Phillips as manager.

Parky is on borrowed time. I did recommend him before he signed for Sunderland as well!

The wheels have fallen off out of three cups recently and defeat to Burton Albion midweek.

Parky could turn it around but it is a tough job at the Stadium of Light.

UTU's

Durham_exile

No Szmodics again on 18:16 - Nov 30 with 909 viewsdurham_exile

No Szmodics again on 17:58 - Nov 30 by Blue4U2

According to a friend he was spotted at Colchester United at the Spurs Under 21 game
He had his boy's picture taken while Sammie was with U's players on the bench.
Maybe we could get him back here on loan in January, I'm sure we'd play him,,,?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 17:59]

Interesting to note that he was back at JSCS recently.

I do not understand why Bristol don't put him on the bench it must be very disappointing for him not to make the match day 18.

If he were to return on loan in January he will be unfit and like Junior would need a period of recuperation.

I would have thought Bristol would be more likely to
Offer him to a League One club but let's wait and see.

UTU's
[Post edited 30 Nov 2019 18:18]

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

No Szmodics again on 17:10 - Sep 8 with 647 viewsmfb_cufc

After wasting a season at Bristol City Sammie Szmodics is set to join Peterborough, having traveled to London Road for a medical. Posh made a bid last week and have returned with a second improved offer in excess of £1m. With the sell on clause we should make at least £100k out of this deal if it goes through.

mfb

No Szmodics again on 19:54 - Sep 8 with 613 viewsdurham_exile

No Szmodics again on 17:10 - Sep 8 by mfb_cufc

After wasting a season at Bristol City Sammie Szmodics is set to join Peterborough, having traveled to London Road for a medical. Posh made a bid last week and have returned with a second improved offer in excess of £1m. With the sell on clause we should make at least £100k out of this deal if it goes through.

Mick well done for identifying the figure because I read it was undisclosed.

Szmodics has wasted a season languishing on the bench or reserves and did well at the Posh when on loan. Perhaps he is league one material after all.

Up the 4,6,0 U's

I am so disappointed that Ball hasn't the b@lls to play Martell.

Durham_exile

No Szmodics again on 21:13 - Sep 8 with 604 viewsFruitbat

No Szmodics again on 19:54 - Sep 8 by durham_exile

Mick well done for identifying the figure because I read it was undisclosed.

Szmodics has wasted a season languishing on the bench or reserves and did well at the Posh when on loan. Perhaps he is league one material after all.

Up the 4,6,0 U's

I am so disappointed that Ball hasn't the b@lls to play Martell.

Confirmed, signed for Posh this afternoon. £1M+.
No Szmodics again on 17:12 - Sep 9 with 537 viewsbwildered

Szmodics had not wasted a season at Brizzle. Whatever happened to him in the stiffs is not our concern, has he is not our player, but hopefully accerrated his departure so, the U's could receive any bolt on fees.
What is sad is that Posh now have two ex academy players playing for a promotion looking campaign into the Championship, while there home grown club is languishing a division below with no sign of progress.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

No Szmodics again on 22:03 - Sep 9 with 518 viewsGOSBTS

Happy for Sammie that he's signed for Posh and gets to continue his great friendship with Frankie. He did very well there last season and I listened to their game against Cheltenham on the radio on Saturday whilst driving through Cambridgeshire and the commentators were lamenting their lack of strike power. Now they have it!
No Szmodics again on 22:20 - Sep 10 with 468 viewsmfb_cufc

Talking of sell on clauses, I see Exeter have just made £3.9m from the sell on clause of Ollie Watkins move from Brentford to Villa. They got 15% of the £26m profit Brentford made.

mfb

No Szmodics again on 22:43 - Sep 10 with 464 viewsdurham_exile

No Szmodics again on 22:20 - Sep 10 by mfb_cufc

Talking of sell on clauses, I see Exeter have just made £3.9m from the sell on clause of Ollie Watkins move from Brentford to Villa. They got 15% of the £26m profit Brentford made.

It seems only yesterday since we lost 3-0 at St James
Park and Watkins terrorised us.

And when we lost 3-1 at Walsall and someone called Troy Deeney played us off the Park!

Happy days!

Up the U's

Still we get some cash for Szmodics move to the Posh

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024