Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston (H) - Match Thread 09:19 - Nov 29 with 25188 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale vs Boston United (FA Cup) 28th Nov 2019 15:00
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a welcome distraction from their dreadful League One form on Sunday as they welcome sixth-tier Boston United to Spotland. 2

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Dale v Boston United 28th Nov 2019 09:00
This weeks’ Played For Both is one that is tinged with sadness as we take a look back at the late Ernie Cooksey. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Dale v Boston United (FA Cup) 29th Nov 2019 09:00
Dean Whitestone is the man in the middle for Dale’s FA Cup second round tie versus Boston United on Sunday. 0

Boston Forum: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:02 - Dec 1 with 2657 viewsDalenet

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 15:40 - Dec 1 by Dale23years

First shot on target, what a fantastic performance

To be fair we had TWO shots on target by the end of the game...... :(

Can't imagine anybody will want to waste their money travelling to Boston unless the 3rd round draw is enough to motivate them
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:07 - Dec 1 with 2586 viewsmightydale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:01 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

2583, better than expected but with several hundred from Boston

Should off saved their money. I was thinking of for going as wel,so glad I chose going morrisons and range instead.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 16:13]

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:08 - Dec 1 with 2554 viewsDaleFan7

That perfomance was pathetic and lazy. Other than Rathbone there wasnt a player on the pitch with an ounce of urgency in their body. They pass it about as if theyre Iniesta and the ball will automatically go to where they want it to. Half arsed tackles, no 2nd balls won and in most cases not even challenged for.

It isn't going back down to League Two we need to worry about. With this squad its inevitable. It's doing a Chesterfield that we need to worry about. This team is incapable of creating enough chances against non-league opposition.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 1 with 2533 viewsDale23years

What the fcuk have I just watched !!!!!!!!!

Can anyone justify that performance or the manager after that

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 1 with 2528 viewsJames1980

Spare a thought for those that worked till 22:45 last night got home just before midnight, woke up at 5am this morning to get to the game and are working at 05:50 tomorrow.
I mean me yes me

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:12 - Dec 1 with 2489 viewsSandyman

Interesting to observe the CEO was stood between the dugouts all game. He's never usually there. Absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with a BBC camera, microphone and reporter being there of course.
As for the game, Rochdale were bloody awful yet again.
Embarrasing all round.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:15 - Dec 1 with 2430 viewsmightydale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 1 by James1980

Spare a thought for those that worked till 22:45 last night got home just before midnight, woke up at 5am this morning to get to the game and are working at 05:50 tomorrow.
I mean me yes me

Should of saved your money, spend it on your family instead.

The club from top to bottom is a disgrace, but alls ok as we came second in some planting fcuking flower competition.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 16:24]

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 1 with 2330 viewsJames1980

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:15 - Dec 1 by mightydale

The club from top to bottom is a disgrace, but alls ok as we came second in some planting fcuking flower competition.

Thought we might turn a corner today, seems we are in a cul de sac

Login to get fewer ads

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:23 - Dec 1 with 2310 viewsSandyman

I mean me yes me

You put more effort into today's game than we saw on the pitch. You deserve man of the match.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 2278 viewsrochdaleriddler

Woeful, clueless performance . 2 shots on target is simply poor. I fear for us in the replay, there seems to be a malaise that is sticking with us more than a sticky turd in the bowl at the moment

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 2279 viewsBarrowdale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:15 - Dec 1 by mightydale

Can someone explain why Wilbers gets put on the wing? Once moved central we looked a little more direct.
O’Connel has been infected by Williams condition, ie: passing back continually.
Williams is slow, Camps lost the ball continually and Pyke isnt even a footballer.
I dont even mind us losing if we try but this football is turgid. Ive done paying. Thats my last game.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 1 with 2272 viewsdawlishdale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:01 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

2583, better than expected but with several hundred from Boston

Its awful performance after awful performance. Who is to blame?

We have a puppet manager appointed by a puppet chairman.

Until we appoint an experienced CEO and a Chairman with some balls, we will continue to be on a downward spiral.

Ffs. That was awful.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:27 - Dec 1 with 2233 views1907

No words can do justice to how much of a disgrace that was.

I genuinely wish I’d stayed at home with the missus & put the tree up.

I’ve seen some shite over the years but that will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons.

MJ Williams getting MOM just crowned it for me.

If it wasn’t so important, it’d be funny.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:27 - Dec 1 with 2231 viewsBoss_Hog

WOW - entertainment 0 against a team of part-time players who out ran, out fought and showed more desire from the outset.

We really are in a rut, and I cannot see the way out of it other than us to invest some of our windfall from Old Trafford. We have no pace, no skill and precious little quality throughout the whole squad. We are paying the penalty for a waferthin squad and too many players who simply won't ever play professional football again when they are released from Spotland.

Where do we go from here? I personally cannot blame the manager, the buck stops with those setting the budgets and ensuring all revenue streams are maximised.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:28 - Dec 1 with 2207 views1949er

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:23 - Dec 1 by Sandyman

You put more effort into today's game than we saw on the pitch. You deserve man of the match.

With this manager,those players and( lack of) tactics we are heading in one direction.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 1 with 2177 viewsmightydale

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:21 - Dec 1 by James1980

Thought we might turn a corner today, seems we are in a cul de sac

You deserve our clueless manager to look you in the eyes to try and explain/justify to you why you should carry on spending your hard earn money supporting this shit.

Have you got a season ticket??

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 1 with 2171 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:27 - Dec 1 by 1907

No words can do justice to how much of a disgrace that was.

I genuinely wish I’d stayed at home with the missus & put the tree up.

I’ve seen some shite over the years but that will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons.

MJ Williams getting MOM just crowned it for me.

If it wasn’t so important, it’d be funny.

MOM was clearly a piss take, and I hate putting the tree up, but I agree it would have been more rewarding

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 1 with 2156 viewsJames1980

I think to say we have no skill is unfair. It is a yawning chasm of confidence that is the big problem in my opinion

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 1 with 2148 viewsjustanillusion

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:09 - Dec 1 by Dale23years

What the fcuk have I just watched !!!!!!!!!

Can anyone justify that performance or the manager after that

Dire! boos from many around me in main stand at FT, why does BBM remain a silent statue in technical area? there were many instances during match were you'd have thought the manager would have been vocal to his team on pitch or he may have shown some passion/emotion but to remain silent,still and stood with hands in pocket for the full match! Is he bothered ????
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:32 - Dec 1 with 2125 viewsShun

A lot of overreactions on here. Have you never seen a cup tie before? Up and down the leagues the lesser side will always show more fight and passion than their opponents because it’s a one-off game to show they’re better than their position suggests. More often than not the higher team’s skill will show and they’ll win, as happened against Wrexham. When have we ever put in a genuinely good performance against a lower league side, even when we were good? I certainly can’t remember any. It’s not Rochdale-specific, it’s the nature of the cup.

We weren’t great, but it wasn’t a disaster. People saying Boston ‘dominated’ us are having their views distorted by the fact that they’re a few leagues below us and we should be beating them. But take that match as a one-off game between two teams whose league you’re not aware of and we just edged it. Sanchez literally only had two saves to make all game, and both within a few minutes of each other.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:34 - Dec 1 with 2094 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:32 - Dec 1 by Shun

A lot of overreactions on here. Have you never seen a cup tie before? Up and down the leagues the lesser side will always show more fight and passion than their opponents because it’s a one-off game to show they’re better than their position suggests. More often than not the higher team’s skill will show and they’ll win, as happened against Wrexham. When have we ever put in a genuinely good performance against a lower league side, even when we were good? I certainly can’t remember any. It’s not Rochdale-specific, it’s the nature of the cup.

We weren’t great, but it wasn’t a disaster. People saying Boston ‘dominated’ us are having their views distorted by the fact that they’re a few leagues below us and we should be beating them. But take that match as a one-off game between two teams whose league you’re not aware of and we just edged it. Sanchez literally only had two saves to make all game, and both within a few minutes of each other.

We didn’t match them for desire, there is no excuse for that. We played poorly for the majority of the game, they didn’t show much attacking wise so I disagree with your analysis

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 1 with 2068 viewsD_Alien

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:31 - Dec 1 by justanillusion

Dire! boos from many around me in main stand at FT, why does BBM remain a silent statue in technical area? there were many instances during match were you'd have thought the manager would have been vocal to his team on pitch or he may have shown some passion/emotion but to remain silent,still and stood with hands in pocket for the full match! Is he bothered ????

May have been subdued by presence of tv cameras / live reporting

From the point of view of those in the main stand, is he always like that?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 1 with 2077 viewssweetcorn

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 15:26 - Dec 1 by Dale23years

This is so fcuking shit, get bbm out of our club

Quell surprise, dale23years posts something negative. Put yourself in the bin

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:36 - Dec 1 with 2052 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

Quell surprise, dale23years posts something negative. Put yourself in the bin

If you went, you would struggle to be positive

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:38 - Dec 1 with 2019 viewsSunningDale

I mean me yes me

Of course you mean you. You're not the only one who makes a sacrifice to travel and watch the team but you're the only one who has to let everybody know they're doing it.

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024