Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boston (H) - Match Thread 09:19 - Nov 29 with 24688 viewsAtThePeake

Match Preview:

Match Preview: Dale vs Boston United (FA Cup) 28th Nov 2019 15:00
Dale look to the FA Cup to provide a welcome distraction from their dreadful League One form on Sunday as they welcome sixth-tier Boston United to Spotland. 2

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Dale v Boston United 28th Nov 2019 09:00
This weeks’ Played For Both is one that is tinged with sadness as we take a look back at the late Ernie Cooksey. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Dale v Boston United (FA Cup) 29th Nov 2019 09:00
Dean Whitestone is the man in the middle for Dale’s FA Cup second round tie versus Boston United on Sunday. 0

Boston Forum: http://www.bufc.drfox.org.uk/forum/index.php?board=1.0

Tangled up in blue.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 1 with 2527 viewsfitzochris

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

Bottomley went from saying we were going with BBM on a temp basis to saying we were interviewing candidates from across Europe to going on to say that we were appointing him as a full time appointment all in the space of three days while informing us that he is indeed in charge. The blokes winging it.

I certainly think the Barrow fan posting above is onto something.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:18 - Dec 1 with 2523 viewsSuddenLad

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:14 - Dec 1 by jpresto

At least BBM has the balls to admit we played badly in his post match interview

He couldn't really say much else. It was there for all to see. Any comments trying to defend that showing would have been laughable.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 1 with 2518 viewsRochdale_ger

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 1 by fitzochris

I certainly think the Barrow fan posting above is onto something.

Barrow?
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 1 with 2503 viewsfitzochris

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:19 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

Barrow?

Yes, Barrow AFC. Look at his/her post on page 4 of this thread.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 1 with 2478 viewssweetcorn

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:06 - Dec 1 by funkkk

Could it be possible that Hill deserved to go and that BBM should only ever have been considered a temporary appointment?

The bounce from Hill leaving and BBM coming in and keeping things simple kept us up. Doesn’t mean he’s the long term solution. Neither were/are getting the best out the players...🤷🏼‍♂️
[Post edited 1 Dec 2019 17:09]

Why do people keep defending these players? They are garbage and have been for some time.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Dec 1 with 2454 viewsRochdale_ger

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:20 - Dec 1 by fitzochris

Yes, Barrow AFC. Look at his/her post on page 4 of this thread.

Wonder what paltry figure barrow would have wanted in compensation? In fairness though BBM was the safe option as ludicrous as it sounds. Imagine how it would have gone down getting rid of Hill to go on and appoint barrows manager.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 1 with 2383 viewsfunkkk

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

Why do people keep defending these players? They are garbage and have been for some time.

For the exact reason I put. Consecutive managers haven’t been able to get the most out of the players. Nobody thinks we’re world beaters but we’re better than we’re showing.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 1 with 2371 viewsTVOS1907

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:45 - Dec 1 by BlueBirdBarrow

Barrow fan here.

You seem to be doing not very well with Barry Murphy. Your club refused to pay the small compensation fee for Ian Evatt last season and we're glad for that.

He signed a new contract with us and we are top of our division. Could be playing you next season.

The Evatt rumour was something put out to the press by a former Fleetwood Town employee.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Login to get fewer ads

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 1 with 2330 viewsSuddenLad

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

The Evatt rumour was something put out to the press by a former Fleetwood Town employee.

Probably the same former Fleetwood Town employee who was sat behind me at todays' game. Wearing headphones.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:37 - Dec 1 with 2322 viewstodmordendale

I really cannot see anything positive about playing the ball around in front of our own goal. It is completely illogical. Fart about for a minute or two, sideways backwards, sideways, keeper and sideways .... by which time the opposition have all 10 men behind the ball and are closing down all of the 6 players we have in front of the ball. We are covered by almost 2 men to one whilst our back four piss about behind the ball.
Brainless tactics. I’m not suggesting hoof ball, but try to move it quicker with more purpose and move into space before the opposition get set up. We have some skilful and mobile players who cann do this but are sacrificed because of this inept tactic which has been the mainstay of our play for some time.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 1 with 2305 viewsBlueBirdBarrow

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

Dunno what you’re on about there tbf but we train where Rochdale do and there was definitely talks about our manager going. I got this from a member of our board. They said they wouldn’t stand in Ian’s way. Your club didn’t want to pay the compo. That was that.

Anyway all the best for the rest of the season.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:41 - Dec 1 with 2293 viewsDaleFan7

There isn't a manager in the FL that could get these players scoring many more goals than they do at the moment, they just don't have the quality to do it.

In the main, players brought in by BBM have been our better players this season, Sanchez, RND, O'Connell, McShane etc. We're not getting battered 4-0 every week like last season. I think he brought players like Pyke back because without them our squad would be thinner than it already is and maybe we couldn't get other players in that he tried to.

There is far too much deadwood in this squad now. Done, Andrew, Pyke etc. I really hope we start planning as soon as possible for life without these and recruiting different players, they may come in and be rubbish but we don't know for sure. What we do know is a lot of the players in the current squad are.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 2269 viewsTVOS1907

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 1 by BlueBirdBarrow

Dunno what you’re on about there tbf but we train where Rochdale do and there was definitely talks about our manager going. I got this from a member of our board. They said they wouldn’t stand in Ian’s way. Your club didn’t want to pay the compo. That was that.

Anyway all the best for the rest of the season.

Cheers.

Might see you on Boxing Day 2020!

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 1 with 2269 viewssweetcorn

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:31 - Dec 1 by funkkk

For the exact reason I put. Consecutive managers haven’t been able to get the most out of the players. Nobody thinks we’re world beaters but we’re better than we’re showing.

Based on what exactly? Other than your opinion?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:48 - Dec 1 with 2217 viewsblackdogblue

We are “struggling” to recruit due to financial issues of threads are to be believed...

If I’m honest, would recruit Boston’s numbers, 7,8,9,10 & 11 in the January transfer window, put the kids back in the academy until the summer & have an attacking line up...

From what I saw today, that would be the answer to all our problems & they can’t cost that much...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 1 with 2154 viewsJames1980

Yep I have a season ticket

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 1 with 2106 viewsD_Alien

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 1 by James1980

Just as a matter of interest, how much will today's round trip have cost you? Do rail employees get a travel discount? I hope so, in your case!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:06 - Dec 1 with 2033 viewsJames1980

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

Just as a matter of interest, how much will today's round trip have cost you? Do rail employees get a travel discount? I hope so, in your case!

Yes I get a hefty discount on the train but relinquished a day's overtime so it has cost close to £200 including travel and loss of wages after deductions.
Really thought today might be a turning point. Although agree it is not an unusual phenomenon in a cup game for the 'lower team' to be out perform the one higher up the pyramid.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:08 - Dec 1 with 2011 viewsborntogo

BBM has 'built' a team without talent, heart, energy, intent, intelligence and a discernible plan. This is nothing to do with what funds he has at his disposal, as Boston proved today. On every single facet of team-play they exceeded us.

BBM is proving himself as stubborn and inept as the bloke he replaced but, unlike his predecessor, he does not have two promotions to show he has some managerial nous, albeit sporadically.

He needs to go now. The after-shock of a new manager coming in might keep us in the FA Cup and fire us up as we go into the Christmas league games. Otherwise, folks, is more of the same.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:10 - Dec 1 with 1989 viewsrochdaleriddler

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:54 - Dec 1 by James1980

Didn’t need to reply to that, if questioner was a forum regular they would know

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:10 - Dec 1 with 1985 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 16:38 - Dec 1 by SunningDale

Of course you mean you. You're not the only one who makes a sacrifice to travel and watch the team but you're the only one who has to let everybody know they're doing it.

Way out of line that. I would not spend probably the best part of £150 quid and waste a whole day to watch the turgid dogshite we offer up.

Fair play to James for bothering, I watched the South Africa t20 I am so disillusioned with what’s going on currently.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:15 - Dec 1 with 1948 viewsfunkkk

Boston (H) - Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 1 by sweetcorn

Based on what exactly? Other than your opinion?

Like your opinion that the players are shit, I have an opinion that they’re better than they’re showing. Not that complicated really, is it?
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:15 - Dec 1 with 1947 viewsFrog

Are our possession statistics being flattered due to the fact we pass sideways, backwards and sideways again all the time? I'd rather have 35% possession with it going forward more of the time. I didn't go today, but enjoyed walking the dog instead and saved a few quid.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:18 - Dec 1 with 1911 viewsNewbury_Dale

The obsession with 4-3-3, with no natural wide players and exposed full backs is basically what got Hill the sack. BBM dispensed of it, and he's now returned to it. He'll end up going the same way unless Pep goes back to 4-4-2 and the disciples follow.
Boston (H) - Match Thread on 18:19 - Dec 1 with 1908 viewsrochdaleriddler

Just in flyer, suggested they change the name of Spotland Gold to Brown

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024