Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Shepherd 10:13 - Nov 29 with 8782 viewsRaymondJohn

Putting everything we debate into perspective, recieved a call to let us know long time Agent and freind Chris has passed away.
Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.
A lifelong Dale fanatic Chris will be missed by all.
RIP mate xx
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 10:14]
Chris Shepherd on 12:30 - Nov 30 with 3015 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Shepherd on 11:12 - Nov 30 by DaleiLama

Was it this one?

At 1:36 in?

Didn't know him but RIP and condolences to his family.

That's him at 1:37

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Chris Shepherd on 13:21 - Nov 30 with 2959 viewsdalenumber2

Chris Shepherd on 12:30 - Nov 30 by TVOS1907

Thanks for posting that little clip, it it who I thought, that's very sad as I have been seeing his face at Spotland for many years. He will be missed.
Chris Shepherd on 13:35 - Nov 30 with 2938 viewsBrierls

I don’t know the chap, but he’s a very familiar face at games having seen the clip. RIP.
Chris Shepherd on 14:09 - Nov 30 with 2911 viewsDorislove

Chris came in my car a few times on long away trips ,RIP sir
Chris Shepherd on 14:54 - Nov 30 with 2858 viewsTVOS1907

Chris Shepherd on 14:09 - Nov 30 by Dorislove

Chris came in my car a few times on long away trips ,RIP sir

Presumably after a win?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Chris Shepherd on 14:54 - Nov 30 with 2860 viewsDaleiLama

Chris Shepherd on 12:30 - Nov 30 by TVOS1907

Chuckle - it's possible to pause it at 1:36 and see him, and you even got credited with the goal by DN2 . We won 1-0 anyway …… that's the main thing!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Chris Shepherd on 19:54 - Dec 9 with 2565 viewsSuddenLad

If anyone knows where/when Chris' funeral will take place, can you please make it known here. As far as I can tell, there has been nothing published in the press giving any information.

Thanks in advance.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Chris Shepherd on 10:13 - Dec 10 with 2357 viewsParkinsGimp

RIP Chris
Login to get fewer ads

Chris Shepherd on 14:25 - Dec 14 with 2171 viewsnordenblue

Chris Shepherd on 19:54 - Dec 9 by SuddenLad

If anyone knows where/when Chris' funeral will take place, can you please make it known here. As far as I can tell, there has been nothing published in the press giving any information.

Thanks in advance.

Saw a post earlier the funeral for Chris will take place 30th Dec at 11.10 at Rochdale Crem,
Chris Shepherd on 15:04 - Dec 14 with 2127 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Shepherd on 14:25 - Dec 14 by nordenblue

Saw a post earlier the funeral for Chris will take place 30th Dec at 11.10 at Rochdale Crem,

Thank you for posting this update. I can confirm that I have been given the same information a few minutes ago.

Chris Shepherd on 13:37 - Dec 17 with 1905 viewsgeraldo

Chris Shepherd on 12:32 - Nov 29 by RooleyMoorBlue

Very sad news.
Condolences to his family and friends.

R.I.P. Chris

Does anyone know cause of death?
Chris Shepherd on 16:36 - Dec 17 with 1822 viewsNorthYorksDale

Jeeees, Chris traveled with us on many occasions to away games, i think including the nightmare return trip in a day to Torquay when we just needed to beat a bottom 2 side for promotion.....he wasn't impressed on that trip back if I remember rightly !!
RIP Chris
Chris Shepherd on 09:25 - Apr 8 with 1412 viewssmithrobin

Chris Shepherd on 11:54 - Nov 29 by SuddenLad

WoW this is a dreadful shock.

I had a PM from him only a few days ago asking me to travel to Arbroath with him, to watch a match against Dundee in a couple of weeks. Plans were afoot.

Chris was born with a hole in the heart, and had recently undergone a procedure to have a pacemaker fitted. He had struggled for a few moths before that, but he was definitely much perkier since he had it fitted.

I have known him since we were kids, following Dale up and down the country, standing on the terraces, laughing, joking, supping - the lot. A very close friend for many years.

I am truly knocked for six by this, he had just been given a new lease of life and was hopeful that things were looking up. His Dad is in his 90's and recently went into residential care.

It would be difficult to find a Dale fan who has travelled more miles watching Dale over the last 55 years. Cumulatively, it must amount to quite literally hundreds of thousands.

I shall miss him, his humour, his wonderful impersonations of friends, his opinions on all things Dale and his incredible memory of events from countless years ago, involving Dale players and club officials that most of us will have forgotten.

Farewell Chris. This is a very sad day. (Soulboy on here)
[Post edited 29 Nov 2019 11:59]

nice post
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 9:28]
Chris Shepherd on 07:56 - Apr 9 with 1090 viewsaleanddale

Chris Shepherd on 13:37 - Dec 17 by geraldo

Does anyone know cause of death?

Got to wonder was Covid-19 kicking around in December.
Chris Shepherd on 10:57 - Apr 9 with 1059 viewsSuddenLad

Chris Shepherd on 07:56 - Apr 9 by aleanddale

Got to wonder was Covid-19 kicking around in December.

Chris died in late November.

First recorded cases in UK were January 30th in a York hotel, involving 2 Chinese students.

I see where you're going with the comment, but personally, I'd have thought that his own complex heart problems were ultimately enough by themselves to see him off - sadly. A fellow Dale fan and friend told me at the funeral, that Chris had requested a 'no resuscitate' policy in the event of the decision becoming an option. He must have been resigned to his fate, I fear.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024