Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 43907 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 11:15 - Dec 4 with 1843 viewsRochdale_ger

I made a tongue in cheek joke about the new golden gamble being a bit crap and received a snotty private message off Raymond John. People who work for the club should use this site as anonymous feedback rather then private messaging people asking who they are.
SACK THE BOARD on 11:27 - Dec 4 with 1786 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 10:58 - Dec 4 by R17ALE

I assume, like Dawlish (cheers), you were replying to me.

I accept I'm very old fashioned and am probably the only person on the planet who still owns a diary and calendar and who works them with a pen.

However, as I evole, sic, I often ponder that the traditional way of doing things is often the best, and for good reason.

You asked a question which I shall answer....

Typical week would see 16500 members paying 50p each = £8250.

Minus 15% commission = £7012.50

Minus Prize money of about £850 = £6162.50

Minus wages which were about £1k = £5162.50

Minus operating costs eg fuel (we spent most of our time walking, by foot) £150 = £5012.50

And there you have it.

You state it was easier to run a lottery in the 1990's. You maybe right, but you cannot know as you didn't run one in the 1990's to my knowledge. I cannot claim you're wrong however because I don't run one now, so you can have that one.

However, what I do know for certain is judging by your posting times yesterday, is that you didn't pick up one new member on here. Had you walked, by foot, to Greave and knocked on 100 doors you'd have got 20 new members.

How's that for fooking evolution?

I appreciate you've done one, so no reply is necessary!

If I might be so bold as to venture: did you win your first diary as a stationary (sic) prize?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 11:29 - Dec 4 with 1780 viewsR17ALE

SACK THE BOARD on 11:27 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

If I might be so bold as to venture: did you win your first diary as a stationary (sic) prize?

Sadly not! I ventured out by foot to a shop and bought one, paying cash. Got home and wrote in all our fixtures with a pen. Then I settled down with a pot of tea and watched Pebble fooking Mill!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

SACK THE BOARD on 16:14 - Dec 4 with 1547 viewsflyerdale

SACK THE BOARD on 10:58 - Dec 4 by R17ALE

I assume, like Dawlish (cheers), you were replying to me.

I accept I'm very old fashioned and am probably the only person on the planet who still owns a diary and calendar and who works them with a pen.

However, as I evole, sic, I often ponder that the traditional way of doing things is often the best, and for good reason.

You asked a question which I shall answer....

Typical week would see 16500 members paying 50p each = £8250.

Minus 15% commission = £7012.50

Minus Prize money of about £850 = £6162.50

Minus wages which were about £1k = £5162.50

Minus operating costs eg fuel (we spent most of our time walking, by foot) £150 = £5012.50

And there you have it.

You state it was easier to run a lottery in the 1990's. You maybe right, but you cannot know as you didn't run one in the 1990's to my knowledge. I cannot claim you're wrong however because I don't run one now, so you can have that one.

However, what I do know for certain is judging by your posting times yesterday, is that you didn't pick up one new member on here. Had you walked, by foot, to Greave and knocked on 100 doors you'd have got 20 new members.

How's that for fooking evolution?

I appreciate you've done one, so no reply is necessary!

Hear hear. It seems all the hard work done by yourself and Richard and the various other door knockers over the years is unravelling before our very eyes. I myself was a goldbond agent for many years, traipsing the hills of Whitworth in all weather's but I didn't mind one bit doing it as I felt part of the Dale family doing my little bit for it. Nowadays I feel so distant from the club, that community spirit and family feeling has gone. Maybe its evolution but in my eyes things have gone very wrong. I don't know who is to blame for it all but I'd love those days back so I can support my club again.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 16:16]
SACK THE BOARD on 17:20 - Dec 4 with 1462 viewsdaledaft

Well said. That is exactly how I feel.
SACK THE BOARD on 17:44 - Dec 4 with 1413 viewskel

Have to say that my very favourite part of this thread is somebody moaning about lack of money being spent but failing to realise if they and their cohorts didn’t act like they were in a scene from Green Street (cringeworthy as fook btw) that at least police/stewarding bills would be lower and may result in money being spent on the squad.

Just a thought like.
SACK THE BOARD on 18:04 - Dec 4 with 1377 viewsscarrow

SACK THE BOARD on 11:15 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

I made a tongue in cheek joke about the new golden gamble being a bit crap and received a snotty private message off Raymond John. People who work for the club should use this site as anonymous feedback rather then private messaging people asking who they are.

The new golden gamble is crap.

Poll: Final position

SACK THE BOARD on 18:50 - Dec 4 with 1305 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 17:44 - Dec 4 by kel

Have to say that my very favourite part of this thread is somebody moaning about lack of money being spent but failing to realise if they and their cohorts didn’t act like they were in a scene from Green Street (cringeworthy as fook btw) that at least police/stewarding bills would be lower and may result in money being spent on the squad.

Just a thought like.

I'm not sure if you've been to the Dale lately or just come on for a waffle, but if you have been to the Dale you will realise there's no kids in the corner of the pearl end.

And there's no police.

The majority of the police who work at football just claim their expenses with clubs like Rochdale etc.

You will also note the majority of our steward/security team (the ones who have tattoos on their necks and faces) are on the 'Rock and role' and are doing the extra couple of hours for an extra £20 a week - which would be covered by one adult entrance fee.

But don't let DB tell you that.

Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 18:58 - Dec 4 with 1281 viewskel

SACK THE BOARD on 18:50 - Dec 4 by RAFC1907

I'm not sure if you've been to the Dale lately or just come on for a waffle, but if you have been to the Dale you will realise there's no kids in the corner of the pearl end.

And there's no police.

The majority of the police who work at football just claim their expenses with clubs like Rochdale etc.

You will also note the majority of our steward/security team (the ones who have tattoos on their necks and faces) are on the 'Rock and role' and are doing the extra couple of hours for an extra £20 a week - which would be covered by one adult entrance fee.

But don't let DB tell you that.

I was at the Boston game. What part of my post piqued your attention enough for you to reply?
SACK THE BOARD on 19:06 - Dec 4 with 1253 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 21:20 - Dec 3 by TVOS1907

Yes, but we can't do anything until January and even then there are no guarantees.

I'm not being funny but it should be the boards number 1 priority to have already identified targets to bring in and not con the fans with 'we have no money'.

Now, you have been part of the club for a very long time.
With that being said I am surprised that when you look at the club in the Barrow years with gates struggling to reach 1500-1700 we did just fine.

We now get more fans through the turnstiles and before you play the inflation card the entrance fees and season tickets are dearer than in 1996 too.

Putting the gate receipts to one side, the club generates money through many other sources, which we never had back in 1996.

There's a difference between not having money and clearly lying.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:09 - Dec 4 with 1240 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 21:41 - Dec 3 by sweetcorn

Precede means before.

People may have been playing dumb, you’re just plain dumb.

Ohh you felt the need to get mouthy again.

Deary me when will you learn.

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 19:16 - Dec 4 with 1223 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD (n/t) on 07:51 - Dec 4 by kiwidale

As if you need me as proof that you're right and important... Ace

another of your quotes "Oh, and people are reading what I'm writing, hence me being contacted by numerous people from all camps away from this forum. It doesn't make me important but it gives me satisfaction knowing I'm not being a passive supporter."

How do all these numerous people from all camps contact you if its not on here? is it a clique thing or maybe just you and other ITK's? In spite of your claims to modesty you sound very important to me and there is nothing like the glow of satisfaction when you know that you're right and not a passive supporter... Ace.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 8:07]

It's absolutely a clique thing.

It's hilarious looking at them all liking each others posts.

It wouldn't surprise me if they we're all in a WhatsApp group named ''Rochdale hard-core' and when someone posts on here they put a post on '' quick someone's wrote on the forum'', so they all jolly on and back each others views up.

Priceless people. Comedy gold.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:18 - Dec 4 with 1212 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 09:04 - Dec 4 by 442Dale

Not sure where the “petty debate” is when people are asking valid questions. Please see those raised on behalf of supporters who enquired about the financial support to the Academy from the Lotto. A reasonable request to previously agreed plans of action (with direct quotes provided on this): no response as yet.

Information should be shared publicly, wherever possible, by the club to the entire fanbase, not privately. We’ll all know where we stand then and it removes the need for divisive, some may say “petty”, statements such as “ill informed people” having to be used. Doing this we would also then see a reduction in the amount of worry, annoyance, doubt and general bad feeling around our football club.

Why tell one person when it would be so much easier to keep everyone informed as, in some cases, has been agreed?

Thanks again for coming on here though and sharing your thoughts and the information posted, it has been very enlightening.

Don't hold your breath with this chap, he's loyal to the core.... The apple core.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:21 - Dec 4 with 1194 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 11:15 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

He's just another muppet who thinks he's important.

About as important as the steam from boiling my sprouts.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:23 - Dec 4 with 1187 viewskel

It appears someone is having a meltdown.
SACK THE BOARD on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 1169 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 18:58 - Dec 4 by kel

I was at the Boston game. What part of my post piqued your attention enough for you to reply?

The part where you contradict yourself by mentioning the original post but failing to comment on it yourself.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 1159 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 19:23 - Dec 4 by kel

I am, my sprouts are over boiled.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:27 - Dec 4 with 1159 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 19:23 - Dec 4 by kel

I’ve just cliqued the upvote button. Must’ve got a WhatsApp.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 1156 viewskel

SACK THE BOARD on 19:25 - Dec 4 by RAFC1907

The part where you contradict yourself by mentioning the original post but failing to comment on it yourself.

So you assumed it was aimed at you did you?

That’s very interesting.
SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 1153 viewskel

SACK THE BOARD on 19:27 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Fancy a sleepover m8?
SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 4 with 1151 viewsRAFC1907

It's alright I'm not part of your clique but I've still liked your post for you.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:29 - Dec 4 with 1148 viewsTVOS1907

SACK THE BOARD on 19:06 - Dec 4 by RAFC1907

I'm not being funny but it should be the boards number 1 priority to have already identified targets to bring in and not con the fans with 'we have no money'.

Now, you have been part of the club for a very long time.
With that being said I am surprised that when you look at the club in the Barrow years with gates struggling to reach 1500-1700 we did just fine.

We now get more fans through the turnstiles and before you play the inflation card the entrance fees and season tickets are dearer than in 1996 too.

Putting the gate receipts to one side, the club generates money through many other sources, which we never had back in 1996.

There's a difference between not having money and clearly lying.

You’re right, you’re not being funny. Anywhere.

So back to the point, which you have spectacularly missed.

My reply was to say that we can’t do anything about new players until January, due to the transfer window; that is all.

My point was also that spending money doesn’t guarantee success, such as Jon Shaw and Jordan Williams.

The rest of your reply is fairly irrelevant to my post, but thanks for taking an interest.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 19:31]

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

SACK THE BOARD on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 1137 viewsTVOS1907

What’s WhatsApp?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

SACK THE BOARD on 19:31 - Dec 4 with 1131 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 19:30 - Dec 4 by TVOS1907

What’s WhatsApp?

An app whats dead good. You can arrange sleepovers on it.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 19:53]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 19:33 - Dec 4 with 1120 viewskel

SACK THE BOARD on 19:27 - Dec 4 by RAFC1907

I am, my sprouts are over boiled.

Do let me know which school you’re at so I can make sure my kids avoid it at all costs.

Cheers, flower.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024