Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 45018 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 15:49 - Dec 3 with 2311 viewsRaymondJohn

Please contact me privately and we can arrange a suitable time to sit down and discuss some of your point I presume you are a current Dale Lotto member if not that's the first thing let's get you signed up. Goldbond no longer exists in name everything is under Dale Lotto
Ray.Parry@rochdaleafc.co uk
Thanks
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 15:58]
SACK THE BOARD on 16:18 - Dec 3 with 2215 viewstony_roch975

As fans we're bound to see it as 'our' club, but legally it belongs to the shareholders and financially our contribution is increasingly less important. As I read the last 4 years accounts, the club's see-sawed from £0.5M annual loss to £1.4M profit - largely dependent on transfer fees received. It's a sad indictment but, as with most clubs, Dale's gate receipts are a reducing % of income - less than 20% and dropping and even adding in ancilliary income (merchandise, bars etc) only gets you to 28%. So, as Col wrote, with the wage bill soaring we have a structural financial problem. As others have noted, the League Pool, Youth Grant, Sponsorship and TV is much more important (over 50%). But it's the one-off transfer fees which really 'balance the books' and, by their nature, they're unreliable.
The new consolidated accounts are definitely a fairer picture and they show the asset value, but also the outstanding £0.4M loan and, I think, the debt still owed by the Denehurst Park Company of £1M? One thing we haven't exploited much (bar some office rentals) is the stadium itself - that's got to be part of any future strategic vision.
So with the 30% uplift in wages in 2019, the absence of an FA Cup run and the compensation to Hill & Beech, the transfer fees for McGahey, Cannon, Rafferty, Adshead any Dawson add-ons & the Utd income will probably at the best only balance that loss - of course this is purely speculation until we see the accounts.
What is does suggest is that there aren't large pots of money lying about either to purchase players or to agree to high salaries. We all hope for some January signings but the pool available to clubs like Dale is increasingly limited - as with much in our society, the rich get richer......
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 18:15]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

SACK THE BOARD on 16:22 - Dec 3 with 2193 views442Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 15:49 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

Please contact me privately and we can arrange a suitable time to sit down and discuss some of your point I presume you are a current Dale Lotto member if not that's the first thing let's get you signed up. Goldbond no longer exists in name everything is under Dale Lotto
Ray.Parry@rochdaleafc.co uk
Thanks
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 15:58]

Only asked that it was passed onto the club again as part of the ongoing thread as it is information that was previously agreed to be made available to supporters/those who play Lotto (aswas pointed out at the time it may increase membership when people see how much the academy will benefit)

There are no discussions required around this, only the club following up on the commitment made back in May. Apologies if I’ve missed the info being released already. However, that said, more than happy to talk at any time when I’m at the club; it’s that, in this situation, it is simply a request that what the Trust (and supporters) were told is followed up on. Totally appreciate this is something you may only be able to pass on, and my reply was only made to respond to a post which was discussing amounts raised - therefore it appeared relevant within that subject.

Appreciate you keeping supporters informed as much as you have on here.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

SACK THE BOARD on 16:46 - Dec 3 with 2140 viewsRaymondJohn

442 i was responding to 1907 mate, ref 16k members making 5k profit pw
Sounds like a spy movie 442 and 1907 flipping heck
SACK THE BOARD on 16:59 - Dec 3 with 2096 views442Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 16:46 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

Ah! Sorry. Still, it’s raised a valid issue once more so hopefully progress can be made. The points still apply.

SACK THE BOARD on 17:31 - Dec 3 with 2019 viewsRaymondJohn

I do best I can on here, but I will only share certain info with alias names, sorry but it dont sit right which is why I say contact me
We have bury on here we have ill informed people etc
SACK THE BOARD on 17:43 - Dec 3 with 1968 views442Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 17:31 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

I do best I can on here, but I will only share certain info with alias names, sorry but it dont sit right which is why I say contact me
We have bury on here we have ill informed people etc

Not a request to share anything on here in this instance, only looking to progress what was previously agreed by the club via the Trust. The information should be publicised for everyone, presumably through whichever medium the club chooses. The website would maybe be a good idea.

The Trust will be contacted again to try and move it forwards too. Maybe when it is it will see an increase in positivity around the Dale Lotto.

Let’s help those who are “ill informed” to become better informed by communicating information that has been agreed to be communicated.

SACK THE BOARD on 17:55 - Dec 3 with 1938 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 16:46 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

Was it not me who posted about said figures ?
Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 18:03 - Dec 3 with 1911 viewsRaymondJohn

Who ever? Thay was wrong be easier if you just used your names
SACK THE BOARD on 18:09 - Dec 3 with 1881 views442Dale

SACK THE BOARD on 18:03 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

People have names on here. Whether it’s a nickname or their actual name, how does it make it easier and what does it matter for the purposes of discussion about our football club?

If a post is made by ‘SteveStevenson’ or ‘SteveyDale’ how does it make this forum or anything said on it any easier to use? Genuine question.

Apologies to Steve Stevenson if he posts. Or SteveyDale. Who might not be called Steve, but residing in Stevenage.

SACK THE BOARD on 18:10 - Dec 3 with 1875 viewsfitzochris

Be easier if information that was promised actually materialised.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

SACK THE BOARD on 18:10 - Dec 3 with 1872 viewsDorislove

Who Ever okay

No thanks i wont be wasting a few hours of my time coming to see you,i will be working .
No i wont rejoin goldbond or whatever its name is now thanks .
Best Regards
Steve Hartley
I am on the video that was made for the club by Chris Dunphys daughter if you are really interested in peoples identity.
SACK THE BOARD on 19:21 - Dec 3 with 1673 viewsRaymondJohn

Steve I have no need to know your identity if you dont need answers anymore
SACK THE BOARD on 19:25 - Dec 3 with 1664 viewsSI_Blue

Amazing how nobody knew anything when i made my original post a few days back! Seems to be more than enough people know more than enough. This site as not credibility whatsoever.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:25]

Backs Against The Wall Since 1907

SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 1647 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 19:21 - Dec 3 by RaymondJohn

Steve I have no need to know your identity if you dont need answers anymore

I didnt say i didnt want answers ,i just said i wasnt wasting working time to try and get them,you can check the club database i will be on there and i can send you my email address so it can be sent privately.
SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 1646 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 19:25 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

Amazing how nobody knew anything when i made my original post a few days back! Seems to be more than enough people know more than enough. This site as not credibility whatsoever.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2019 19:25]

Eh?

SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 3 with 1639 viewsfinberty

"This site as not credibility whatsoever."

Where does one begin with a sentence like that?
SACK THE BOARD on 19:30 - Dec 3 with 1631 viewsSI_Blue

SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 3 by finberty

"This site as not credibility whatsoever."

Where does one begin with a sentence like that?

I think it is easy to see that was a typo, now if that is the best you can do as a return, then god forbid.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:33 - Dec 3 with 1615 viewsSI_Blue

SACK THE BOARD on 19:28 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

Eh?

When i posted removal of the CEO, everybody played blind and since, its amazing what i am reading. Hope that makes sense.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:38 - Dec 3 with 1591 viewsfitzochris

SACK THE BOARD on 19:33 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

When i posted removal of the CEO, everybody played blind and since, its amazing what i am reading. Hope that makes sense.

Have you been following this forum? There have been questions regarding the current structure since it was established.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:04 - Dec 3 with 1511 viewsRAFC1907

SACK THE BOARD on 19:38 - Dec 3 by fitzochris

Have you been following this forum? There have been questions regarding the current structure since it was established.

It doesn't matter whether people follow the forum or not.

Simply because half the people who post on here have been best friends and had sleep overs with each other for the past 20 years.

Some who are on the trust or formerly in the trust and some who are employees or volunteers for the club and we all know what that means.

Also the majority of people who post on here do not represent the entire fan base. Out of the now only 1700 home fans turning up which will continue to dwindle there's around 15-20 fans that post - so nobody really cares if you think you're important because there's really nobody reading what your writing.

What will happen though, is when you realise your part of the remaining 1000 fans it'l be too late to stop sucking cock or being part of Bottomleys bumming brigade.

Turn the lights off when your the last ones out.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 20:08 - Dec 3 with 1498 viewsR17ALE

SACK THE BOARD on 13:31 - Dec 3 by Dorislove

Goldbond used to have 16000 members paying 50p a time ,some more and used to nett the club about £5000 per week after all deductions i think ,dont quote me but that was about the figures spoke about in the car on a couple of occasions.This stream of income is paid by non football people like my neighbors who only do it because its the local club as well as non Dale supporting football people and as alluded to earlier is a good way for the club to do promotions almost cost free IF you have agents doing the hard yards.

You are quite right Doris with your figures. It briefly peaked over 17,000 weekly paying members.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted the current Lotteries Manager doesn't know the history of our Goldbond, although in his defence it peaked about 20 years ago.

There were only 3 of us back then - out knocking doors every night sometimes adding 100 new members a night.

I can't find* my accounts from 1999, but I'll wager Development Assoc. contributions were double what they are today. It used to always be between £250,000 - £300,000 p.a. and in 2018 it was £142,000. Admittedly, we ran a Xmas Draw generating about £12,000 profit, and the club had its own scratch cards back then (25p each!), and I think we did a Grand National draw too. Plus we ran the shop, travel club, programme, and helped out the groundsman at times.

And all of this was during the awful Barrow era with gates around 1700.

*Technically I can't be arsed looking for them!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:28 - Dec 3 with 1434 viewsfinberty

SACK THE BOARD on 19:30 - Dec 3 by SI_Blue

I think it is easy to see that was a typo, now if that is the best you can do as a return, then god forbid.

Actually, the best I can do is to point out there are two typos, not one.

You're welcome.
SACK THE BOARD on 20:29 - Dec 3 with 1431 viewsDorislove

SACK THE BOARD on 20:08 - Dec 3 by R17ALE

You are quite right Doris with your figures. It briefly peaked over 17,000 weekly paying members.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted the current Lotteries Manager doesn't know the history of our Goldbond, although in his defence it peaked about 20 years ago.

There were only 3 of us back then - out knocking doors every night sometimes adding 100 new members a night.

I can't find* my accounts from 1999, but I'll wager Development Assoc. contributions were double what they are today. It used to always be between £250,000 - £300,000 p.a. and in 2018 it was £142,000. Admittedly, we ran a Xmas Draw generating about £12,000 profit, and the club had its own scratch cards back then (25p each!), and I think we did a Grand National draw too. Plus we ran the shop, travel club, programme, and helped out the groundsman at times.

And all of this was during the awful Barrow era with gates around 1700.

*Technically I can't be arsed looking for them!

So its down over 100 to 150K per year ,thats some loss of revenue at a time when every penny you would have thought counted.£300,000 in 1999 wow thats some earner its worth about £450,000 in todays money.
SACK THE BOARD on 20:45 - Dec 3 with 1389 viewsSI_Blue

SACK THE BOARD on 20:28 - Dec 3 by finberty

Actually, the best I can do is to point out there are two typos, not one.

You're welcome.

Go and open a bag of Haribo then and feel proud of yourself. What a boring soul you are!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024