Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SACK THE BOARD 16:32 - Dec 1 with 44794 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely terrible.

No ambition, robbing fans constantly with overpriced entrance fees for watching garbage.

Garbage created by them for not backing the manager with any money, constantly pocketing it and saying we don't have any.

1600 home fans today says it all.

No wonder we will always be little old Rochdale.

Shambles of a football club.

Poll: Bottomley...

SACK THE BOARD on 17:02 - Dec 1 with 10985 viewsRochdale_ger

I’m no fan of the current board or our thumb shaped ceo but surely the players need to take responsibility for today aswell. They managed a draw at old Trafford a few weeks ago.
SACK THE BOARD on 17:05 - Dec 1 with 10964 viewsSuddenLad

Bit dangerous and irresponsible to accuse the board of 'pocketing money'. They might not be popular or competent, but no-one should suggest that they are 'pocketing' money.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

SACK THE BOARD on 17:27 - Dec 1 with 10821 viewsdawlishdale

SACK THE BOARD on 17:05 - Dec 1 by SuddenLad

Bit dangerous and irresponsible to accuse the board of 'pocketing money'. They might not be popular or competent, but no-one should suggest that they are 'pocketing' money.

Don't think anyone can honestly suggest that the board are pocketing money from the club, although one of them now earns a good wage from the club whilst seemingly upsetting a percentage of the supporters.
What annoys me is the blatant cost cutting on the squad..coupled with claims by our CEO in the media that the Man united windfall of nearly £500k will only keep us going for 2 to 3 months. If you add to this the horrible price rises on almost every other possible match day cost and it leaves one feeling almost raped in supporting the club.

Why ?

Are we preparing for relegation?

I'm hearing that season ticket prices are set to rise next year...which will surely lead to hundreds...if not more walking away for ever.
SACK THE BOARD on 17:28 - Dec 1 with 10782 viewsrochdaleriddler

SACK THE BOARD on 17:27 - Dec 1 by dawlishdale

Don't think anyone can honestly suggest that the board are pocketing money from the club, although one of them now earns a good wage from the club whilst seemingly upsetting a percentage of the supporters.
What annoys me is the blatant cost cutting on the squad..coupled with claims by our CEO in the media that the Man united windfall of nearly £500k will only keep us going for 2 to 3 months. If you add to this the horrible price rises on almost every other possible match day cost and it leaves one feeling almost raped in supporting the club.

Why ?

I'm hearing that season ticket prices are set to rise next year...which will surely lead to hundreds...if not more walking away for ever.

Well the football isn’t going to keep people coming

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

SACK THE BOARD on 17:46 - Dec 1 with 10694 viewsDaleFan7

SACK THE BOARD on 17:27 - Dec 1 by dawlishdale

Why ?

If the ST thing is true then crowds like today's will become the norm.
SACK THE BOARD on 18:48 - Dec 1 with 10425 viewsRAFCBLUE

SACK THE BOARD on 17:46 - Dec 1 by DaleFan7

If the ST thing is true then crowds like today's will become the norm.

Of course it's true. The fanbase can see the season ticket price hike coming. It will deter many who have been used to cheap football.

Our CEO has, unfortunately, turned our strategy into one for the consumerists.

The problem with that is the current product is stale; Goldbond is dying and the presentation of the club off the field is one for those with deep pockets.

I'd go as far to say that we are in deep trouble.

Hill will take aspects of this team to Bolton in January and then the Summer.

Matheson will be sold in the Summer.

We apparently have no resources to invest now n the playing squad.

11 months since Chris Dunphy was pushed out and it’s all properly falling apart.

The only consolation is that it is only 3 down. We still may be one of them.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

SACK THE BOARD on 18:53 - Dec 1 with 10388 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 18:48 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

Of course it's true. The fanbase can see the season ticket price hike coming. It will deter many who have been used to cheap football.

Our CEO has, unfortunately, turned our strategy into one for the consumerists.

The problem with that is the current product is stale; Goldbond is dying and the presentation of the club off the field is one for those with deep pockets.

I'd go as far to say that we are in deep trouble.

Hill will take aspects of this team to Bolton in January and then the Summer.

Matheson will be sold in the Summer.

We apparently have no resources to invest now n the playing squad.

11 months since Chris Dunphy was pushed out and it’s all properly falling apart.

The only consolation is that it is only 3 down. We still may be one of them.

Absolutely spot on analysis.

I would suggest that there is a HUGE reliance on Matheson being sold for millions in the summer.

A strategy based on a house of straws.

Poll: What is it to be then?

SACK THE BOARD on 19:40 - Dec 1 with 10211 viewsRAFCBLUE

SACK THE BOARD on 18:53 - Dec 1 by judd

I would suggest that there is a HUGE reliance on Matheson being sold for millions in the summer.

There’s no strategy judd, something that is becoming all too apparent as painful as that might seem.

The CEO is a former retailer, yet our Christmas club shop promotion is zilch.

Did we have a Black Friday sale or offers? Nope.

Do we motivate and unite the fanbase? Nope.

It’s going to be a long winter.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Login to get fewer ads

SACK THE BOARD on 19:45 - Dec 1 with 10159 viewsDickster

SACK THE BOARD on 19:40 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

There’s no strategy judd, something that is becoming all too apparent as painful as that might seem.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/clubshop_bluefridaysale/
SACK THE BOARD on 19:52 - Dec 1 with 10113 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 19:40 - Dec 1 by RAFCBLUE

The club shop had a superbly titled blue Friday event. It's great in there, it really is. Why they do not sell match tickets in there is beyond me because Dave is probably the best sales person the club has.

I genuinely believe that the sale of Matheson for the sort of money I alluded to is about all we/they are relying on.

The fans no longer matter.

SACK THE BOARD on 19:58 - Dec 1 with 10056 viewsEllDale

I remarked the other week that this is probably the last year of discounted season tickets.
I suspect this promotion was one major reason behind the appointment of Russ Green in the hope that he could repeat what he achieved at Hartlepool.
Basic maths would seem to indicate though that if we get 3500 people through the turnstiles on average then only around 1000 are paying on the day. After deductions that’s perhaps 20k revenue per game which is peanuts.
I’ve a season ticket for the Sandy but due to travel and work commitments can’t attend midweek or bank holiday fixtures.
Stick the price up and I’d have to consider renewal very seriously.
As an aside, I was talking to a Carlisle fan at work.
He was adamant that they should have beaten us in the Carabao cup if the ref hadn’t been a homer but also that a trip to Old Trafford would have set them up for the season.
SACK THE BOARD on 20:00 - Dec 1 with 10024 viewsRochdale_ger

SACK THE BOARD on 19:58 - Dec 1 by EllDale

I remarked the other week that this is probably the last year of discounted season tickets.
I suspect this promotion was one major reason behind the appointment of Russ Green in the hope that he could repeat what he achieved at Hartlepool.
Basic maths would seem to indicate though that if we get 3500 people through the turnstiles on average then only around 1000 are paying on the day. After deductions that’s perhaps 20k revenue per game which is peanuts.
I’ve a season ticket for the Sandy but due to travel and work commitments can’t attend midweek or bank holiday fixtures.
Stick the price up and I’d have to consider renewal very seriously.
As an aside, I was talking to a Carlisle fan at work.
He was adamant that they should have beaten us in the Carabao cup if the ref hadn’t been a homer but also that a trip to Old Trafford would have set them up for the season.

I’m not on Facebook is there anymore talk of protesting the board?
SACK THE BOARD on 20:03 - Dec 1 with 9983 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:00 - Dec 1 by Rochdale_ger

I’m not on Facebook is there anymore talk of protesting the board?

I haven't seen anything but I don't believe the whole board are the target. Nor should they all be, in my opinion.

I did notice 6 stewards on duty at the main stand after today's performance.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:05 - Dec 1 with 9959 viewsrochdaleriddler

SACK THE BOARD on 20:03 - Dec 1 by judd

I haven't seen anything but I don't believe the whole board are the target. Nor should they all be, in my opinion.

I did notice 6 stewards on duty at the main stand after today's performance.

That’s more than the number of players worthy of a start on the pitch

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

SACK THE BOARD on 20:12 - Dec 1 with 9921 viewsEllDale

Perhaps to protect the female BBC reporter from predatory men lurking in the background?
SACK THE BOARD on 20:18 - Dec 1 with 9866 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 20:12 - Dec 1 by EllDale

Perhaps to protect the female BBC reporter from predatory men lurking in the background?

Or to prevent the CEO from making a fool of himself on live tv

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 20:22 - Dec 1 with 9843 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:18 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

Or to prevent the CEO from making a fool of himself on live tv

But we're in the draw for round 3. What's the problem?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:34 - Dec 1 with 9770 viewsD_Alien

SACK THE BOARD on 20:22 - Dec 1 by judd

But we're in the draw for round 3. What's the problem?

The problem is, if we're the underdog in R3 and the BBC decide to do a chairma... CEO interview. They'd better make it Mark Chapman

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

SACK THE BOARD on 20:36 - Dec 1 with 9762 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:34 - Dec 1 by D_Alien

The problem is, if we're the underdog in R3 and the BBC decide to do a chairma... CEO interview. They'd better make it Mark Chapman

We can publicise the utter worthlessness of a cup tie against a big club.

It's manna from heaven

SACK THE BOARD on 20:36 - Dec 1 with 9747 viewsShun

SACK THE BOARD on 18:53 - Dec 1 by judd

Is that conjecture or have you heard something? If we still need to sell Matheson despite the vast amount of money we’ve received over the past couple of years coupled with the refusal to put any of it into the transfer budget, then I am perplexed.

Worried, but more perplexed. We managed for years better than this having not received the sort of money we have lately, so what’s changed?
SACK THE BOARD on 20:37 - Dec 1 with 9748 viewsRAFCBLUE

SACK THE BOARD on 19:45 - Dec 1 by Dickster

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/november/clubshop_bluefridaysale/

”Please note, this offer is in-store only and cannot be used in conjunction with Season Ticket / Gift vouchers.”

There’s an example of the lack of retail nous I'm talking about.

That offer is absolutely toss all use to me as an Exile.

There are Amazon and every major retailer offering me an offer for not having to visit them.

Here is RAFC in 2019 saying I have to pop in store.

What would have made it so hard to extend that to online orders - assuming a fair P&P price?

Absolutely nothing.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:42 - Dec 1 with 9700 viewsjudd

SACK THE BOARD on 20:36 - Dec 1 by Shun

Is that conjecture or have you heard something? If we still need to sell Matheson despite the vast amount of money we’ve received over the past couple of years coupled with the refusal to put any of it into the transfer budget, then I am perplexed.

Worried, but more perplexed. We managed for years better than this having not received the sort of money we have lately, so what’s changed?

Purely supposition on my part, observing the MO of our current executive.

We cannot continue with the attritional alienation of the fan base with stealth increases and contractually implied remuneration without having either the absolute knowledge of imminent sizable income or just blind optimism.

SACK THE BOARD on 20:44 - Dec 1 with 9688 viewsToffeemanc

The only thing immediately visible that's changed is the board and chairman and for me personally the club seems to have been in free fall ever since.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:47 - Dec 1 with 9663 viewsRAFCBLUE

SACK THE BOARD on 20:44 - Dec 1 by Toffeemanc

The only thing immediately visible that's changed is the board and chairman and for me personally the club seems to have been in free fall ever since.

And the distance kept by Chris Dunphy and Bill Goodwin since stepping down from the Board.

Do they still comes to games?

SACK THE BOARD on 20:48 - Dec 1 with 9659 viewsRAFC1907

Absolutely spot on.

Where has this money gone?

If we are only paying peanuts on the mortgage for the ground then what's happening with the rest of the money?

Programmes, goldbond, alcohol, merchandise, away fans, those that pay into home games all creates revenue.

Where's all todays cup revenue gone to? Seen as its all extra revenue being in round 2, or are we just going to pretend we haven't made any again?

No doubt its all undisclosed.

Poll: Bottomley...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024