Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 22:00 - Dec 2 with 8056 views56years

Who is absolutely fed up with the constant attacks on this forum of people who in my experience are trying to do their best for the club. Rewind 12 months and some of the same people were making the same attacks on the previous Board and the previous management.
Do these people really want the best interests of the club or do they look forward to the next defeat to spill out their venom which in any other context other than social media would lead to legal action for defamation. The team are going through a bad run - agreed - but all the negativity leads nowhere.
Me? I buy club shop merchandise for people who probably don't want it for Christmas but it is my way of supporting the club I love. I talk to friends who support other clubs who talk of horror stories far, far worse than anything we know and warn - be careful what you wish for .......
If I was a potential investor and looked at this board I would be scared off, would you really want the sort of personal investigation that some people feel is fair game? What of the accusers' personal circumstances, are they subject to the same investigation? And do these people have a life or do they spend their life on social media attacking the club and the people who run it - if they are our 'friends' then thank goodness they are not our enemies.
I may be alone ..........
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 22:01]
Is it just me? on 22:23 - Dec 2 with 4481 viewsdale1968

Well said that man.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Is it just me? on 22:25 - Dec 2 with 4470 viewsRochdale_ger

I genuinely think it boils down to jealousy in some quarters. One guy was picked on for taking his dog around to see bottomley and there has been pathetic innuendo bandied around about someone playing away from home on a stag do, as though the average Dale fan actually gives a fook. As you’ve pointed out the last CEO got shit levelled at him for all sorts. Russ green was picked on for cheaper season tickets and a gala dinner for God’s sake. Some on here aren’t as important as they like to think and it shows.
Is it just me? on 22:30 - Dec 2 with 4444 viewssuffolkdale

You are not alone, and for me the personal attacks on members of the Trust are unforgivable. The Trust is the best thing that has happened to the Club for many years, and the Exiles is a fantastic way of harnessing support from across the world .....
I am not aware of the people or the personalities on this board but my natural reaction is to remain loyal and turn up at Boston and support the cause. I just get the feeling that some of the critics on this board would stay at home and hope for a defeat.
Is it just me? on 22:34 - Dec 2 with 4414 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 22:30 - Dec 2 by suffolkdale

You are not alone, and for me the personal attacks on members of the Trust are unforgivable. The Trust is the best thing that has happened to the Club for many years, and the Exiles is a fantastic way of harnessing support from across the world .....
I am not aware of the people or the personalities on this board but my natural reaction is to remain loyal and turn up at Boston and support the cause. I just get the feeling that some of the critics on this board would stay at home and hope for a defeat.

The best thing that happened to the club for many years was Keith hill (as silly as he went towards the end) and promotion to league one. As a percentage of people that go to the game how many are actually trust members. If that’s what your into by all means but let’s get real about it.
Is it just me? on 22:39 - Dec 2 with 4380 viewsfitzochris

Is it just me? on 22:30 - Dec 2 by suffolkdale

There’s a confusion of issues here. Some people are resorting to personal insults, but only some.

However, there are genuine concerns from genuine Dale fans. If you think any one of them would ever want us to lose a game, you’re absolute f*cking deluded.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Is it just me? on 22:41 - Dec 2 with 4367 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 22:39 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

There’s a confusion of issues here. Some people are resorting to personal insults, but only some.

However, there are genuine concerns from genuine Dale fans. If you think any one of them would ever want us to lose a game, you’re absolute f*cking deluded.

So you don’t think the guy who was alluding to what went on at the stag do for months but wouldn’t actually say what happened is a bit of a weirdo?
Is it just me? on 22:42 - Dec 2 with 4355 viewsfitzochris

Is it just me? on 22:41 - Dec 2 by Rochdale_ger

So you don’t think the guy who was alluding to what went on at the stag do for months but wouldn’t actually say what happened is a bit of a weirdo?

I thought that was you, to be fair.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Is it just me? on 22:45 - Dec 2 with 4326 viewsD_Alien

"...in any other context other than social media would lead to legal action for defamation."

Posts on social media are subject to the same legal principles as in any other medium

"In my experience", a chairman who has absolutely nothing to say about the club isn't in the role through leadership qualities but some other reason which has yet to be fathomed. That could so easily be put to bed by simple communication. Until that happens, people will rightly have their suspicions. If others choose not to, that's fair enough, but there are different ways of being a fan other than just turning up at the ground

[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 22:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 22:47 - Dec 2 with 4321 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 22:42 - Dec 2 by fitzochris

I thought that was you, to be fair.

I’m the weirdo? Or the one who was doing the alluding? Or both?
Is it just me? on 22:49 - Dec 2 with 4308 viewsnordenblue

Is it just me? on 22:47 - Dec 2 by Rochdale_ger

I’m the weirdo? Or the one who was doing the alluding? Or both?

You've probably mentioned the stag do more than anyone on here.... either in your current or former user name
Is it just me? on 22:52 - Dec 2 with 4273 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 22:49 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

You've probably mentioned the stag do more than anyone on here.... either in your current or former user name

What happened at the stag do pal?
Is it just me? on 22:56 - Dec 2 with 4247 viewsnordenblue

Is it just me? on 22:52 - Dec 2 by Rochdale_ger

What happened at the stag do pal?

Who's stag do,mine?
Just a cheeky trip to Munich with a few mates really, usual too much drink and not enough sleep kind of time, any more details you want,flight times,seat numbers etc just let me know..pal
Is it just me? on 22:59 - Dec 2 with 4233 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 22:56 - Dec 2 by nordenblue

Who's stag do,mine?
Just a cheeky trip to Munich with a few mates really, usual too much drink and not enough sleep kind of time, any more details you want,flight times,seat numbers etc just let me know..pal

What was “cheeky” about it?
Is it just me? on 09:51 - Dec 3 with 3921 viewsdalefan

Excellent post. I agree with every word
Is it just me? on 09:58 - Dec 3 with 3889 viewsDickydaler

Unfortunately, it seems to be the same the World over; let's snipe at anyone who is, or seems to be, 'above' us. It seems ingrained in a lot of people to have a go at anyone who appears to be in authority, better off, or in a position to make decisions.
Jealousy certainly springs to mind.
However, I don't think there is a problem with questioning decisions, but in the right way, without the snarling attitude that some have.
Is it just me? on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 3825 viewsParkinsGimp

I have genuine concerns on the missing Chairman , and DB running the whole show, plus the Trust being far too close to the current lot . Are they turning into FORNEVER bURY?
Just a bit more communication wouldnt go amiss.
I would love to know what happened on this stag do though LOL
Is it just me? on 10:17 - Dec 3 with 3825 viewsnordenblue

Is it just me? on 22:59 - Dec 2 by Rochdale_ger

What was “cheeky” about it?

My mates backside that I was fondling was pretty cheeky,you're into all that aren't you?
Is it just me? on 19:13 - Dec 3 with 3527 viewsNigeriamark

Is it just me? on 10:16 - Dec 3 by ParkinsGimp

I have genuine concerns on the missing Chairman , and DB running the whole show, plus the Trust being far too close to the current lot . Are they turning into FORNEVER bURY?
Just a bit more communication wouldnt go amiss.
I would love to know what happened on this stag do though LOL

I think the purpose of a trust is to be close to the "current lot" as well as the "previous lot" and hopefully the "next lot"
Is it just me? on 19:57 - Dec 3 with 3451 viewsRAFC1907

Is it just me? on 09:58 - Dec 3 by Dickydaler

Unfortunately, it seems to be the same the World over; let's snipe at anyone who is, or seems to be, 'above' us. It seems ingrained in a lot of people to have a go at anyone who appears to be in authority, better off, or in a position to make decisions.
Jealousy certainly springs to mind.
However, I don't think there is a problem with questioning decisions, but in the right way, without the snarling attitude that some have.

If you live in the real world you'd wake up and realise that names and terms we use to describe someone's roles are just imagined realities.

Why would anybody be jealous of a guy that lives in fantasy land, who's with a lady that's hovered around Keith Hicks her entire life?

Let's have some thought on that shall we...

Poll: Bottomley...

Is it just me? on 21:42 - Dec 3 with 3306 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 10:17 - Dec 3 by nordenblue

My mates backside that I was fondling was pretty cheeky,you're into all that aren't you?

By the sounds of it so are you. And I’ve not seen your mate so couldn’t possibly comment.
Is it just me? on 21:45 - Dec 3 with 3289 viewsJames1980

Is it just me? on 19:57 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

If you live in the real world you'd wake up and realise that names and terms we use to describe someone's roles are just imagined realities.

Why would anybody be jealous of a guy that lives in fantasy land, who's with a lady that's hovered around Keith Hicks her entire life?

My name is definitely James and I was born in 1980
That's my reality not imagined

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is it just me? on 21:52 - Dec 3 with 3262 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 21:45 - Dec 3 by James1980

My name is definitely James and I was born in 1980
That's my reality not imagined

Has that giant beachball caught up with you yet?

Is it just me? on 21:54 - Dec 3 with 3243 viewssweetcorn

Is it just me? on 19:57 - Dec 3 by RAFC1907

Not sure how your second paragraph has any relevance to be honest. You seem a very bitter individual and rather obsessed.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Is it just me? on 21:57 - Dec 3 with 3221 viewsJames1980

Is it just me? on 21:52 - Dec 3 by D_Alien

Has that giant beachball caught up with you yet?

Not yet but it appears to be affecting the sanity of others

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is it just me? on 22:02 - Dec 3 with 3223 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 21:57 - Dec 3 by James1980

Not yet but it appears to be affecting the sanity of others

Stay sane - let the train take the strain

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024