Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me? 22:00 - Dec 2 with 8335 views56years

Who is absolutely fed up with the constant attacks on this forum of people who in my experience are trying to do their best for the club. Rewind 12 months and some of the same people were making the same attacks on the previous Board and the previous management.
Do these people really want the best interests of the club or do they look forward to the next defeat to spill out their venom which in any other context other than social media would lead to legal action for defamation. The team are going through a bad run - agreed - but all the negativity leads nowhere.
Me? I buy club shop merchandise for people who probably don't want it for Christmas but it is my way of supporting the club I love. I talk to friends who support other clubs who talk of horror stories far, far worse than anything we know and warn - be careful what you wish for .......
If I was a potential investor and looked at this board I would be scared off, would you really want the sort of personal investigation that some people feel is fair game? What of the accusers' personal circumstances, are they subject to the same investigation? And do these people have a life or do they spend their life on social media attacking the club and the people who run it - if they are our 'friends' then thank goodness they are not our enemies.
I may be alone ..........
[Post edited 2 Dec 2019 22:01]
Is it just me? on 10:40 - Dec 4 with 1962 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 21:57 - Dec 3 by James1980

Not yet but it appears to be affecting the sanity of others

It has taken a turn for the worse on here as of the last few days.
Is it just me? on 11:32 - Dec 4 with 1903 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 10:40 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

It has taken a turn for the worse on here as of the last few days.

Naming people on here and the posts on the Facebook supporters page has enabled me to put faces to nicknames

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is it just me? on 11:38 - Dec 4 with 1891 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 11:32 - Dec 4 by rochdaleriddler

Naming people on here and the posts on the Facebook supporters page has enabled me to put faces to nicknames

Have you found me??????
Is it just me? on 12:01 - Dec 4 with 1840 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is it just me? on 11:38 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

Have you found me??????

No!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is it just me? on 12:08 - Dec 4 with 1828 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 12:01 - Dec 4 by rochdaleriddler

No!

Oh good
Is it just me? on 12:13 - Dec 4 with 1814 viewskel

The level of paranoia from one poster in particular on that Facebook page is quite spectacular.

Quite, quite spectacular.
Is it just me? on 12:43 - Dec 4 with 1755 viewsjudd

Is it just me? on 12:13 - Dec 4 by kel

The level of paranoia from one poster in particular on that Facebook page is quite spectacular.

Quite, quite spectacular.

Is it me????

Is it?

Is it?

Well?

Eh?

Eh?

Come on...

Or is it a lass what likes lasses?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Is it just me? on 13:10 - Dec 4 with 1697 viewskel

Is it just me? on 12:43 - Dec 4 by judd

Is it me????

Is it?

Is it?

Well?

Eh?

Eh?

Come on...

Or is it a lass what likes lasses?

WHERE DO YOU DRINK? (8)
Login to get fewer ads

Is it just me? on 13:38 - Dec 4 with 1643 viewsjudd

Is it just me? on 13:10 - Dec 4 by kel

WHERE DO YOU DRINK? (8)

Through my mouth.

Is it just me? on 14:10 - Dec 4 with 1589 viewsDalenet

I think there needs to be a distinction between personal attacks on individuals and allowing fans to express their frustration/anger/disappointment with the club right now. We are all different thank goodness and won't all share the same views. We all love the club and being reasonably united in making progress or asking for change is better than fans turning on each other. We are too small for that to happen. But we must allow people to share their views.

I have no idea whether DB is doing a great job or not. He has always been pleasant and civil with me and he has an awful lot of commercial experience. His credentials as a fan isn't in question. I wish for more communication, but beyond that I don't feel I can judge him. The chairman appears completely absent - but that doesn't mean he isn't active. The Board has changed and we can't do anything about it individually. Running RAFC as a business is no doubt ruddy hard. Survival is success for us - but that doesn't mean we can't have ambition. If we are looking for investors for the future fine (within reason). But we won't appeal to investors if we are sliding into a black hole of success with a falling and divided fan base.

I am disappointed about the moral code by both the club and the Trust. It just stinks and most people will find it disappointing and should be encouraged to call that out. The Boards of both organisations should have grown a spine and done what is right. Having sat on many Boards, you just know that the conflict of interest clouds peoples judgment, however nice those people are. It also allows an air of mistrust to perpetuate with fans.

Let's hope we get through to the next round of the cup, create some festive spirit, pick up a few points as we go into the New Year, and then have a full on fans forum in January.
Is it just me? on 14:13 - Dec 4 with 1582 viewsCleedale

Good shout 56years; I think this type of thing has mushroomed on all types of massageboard, (typo, but I'll leave it)!!!, since the advent of the internet and PCs. Ooo and iPhones etc.

What's a crying shame is that we're such a small club, but now that we've tasted (much more) success than the living-memory of how Rochdale AFC used to be there appears to be much more input from absolutely every direction; mine included. (Anyone remember that extortionate 0898 number where you could listen to the latest interview with...Dave Sutton etc and then get billed at the end of the month for £XXXXX)? !

Perhaps historically it was actually similar but folk just met down the pub on a Saturday evening and sorted the club and team out during inebriation; until the next time. Apart from the Observer which often got stick from supporters (as there was little positive reporting) there certainly wasn't this microscopic probing into every little cavity and who last farted on the field!! No doubt someone might enlighten me on that and then we could get a thread on lighting farts!!

I thank Col for his post and taking a great deal of time to put his slant on things. Ripping it apart isn't doing anyone any good and most probably isn't helping our injury-ravaged squad who no doubt read this. God knows what they might think sometimes...but having known the odd footballer in the past they might well be pissing themselves having a good laugh. Afterall, it takes guts to cross that white line and go out and do the biz in front of a few thousand people.

I do realise the concerns of other supporters and that things are not right at the mo. I can add that things are not right at a lot of league clubs up and down the country and as we well know finances are usually at the base of these concerns.

Hopefully, we'll get a few 1st teamers back from injury and the ship will steady. We've had a recent bad run that's affected all supporters positivity. Getting dark early and grey, raining days don't help. Add the last line and we can come over as a right miserable lot but it is repeated on every messageboard everywhere.
Is it just me? on 15:27 - Dec 4 with 1495 viewsRochdale_ger

Is it just me? on 14:13 - Dec 4 by Cleedale

Good shout 56years; I think this type of thing has mushroomed on all types of massageboard, (typo, but I'll leave it)!!!, since the advent of the internet and PCs. Ooo and iPhones etc.

What's a crying shame is that we're such a small club, but now that we've tasted (much more) success than the living-memory of how Rochdale AFC used to be there appears to be much more input from absolutely every direction; mine included. (Anyone remember that extortionate 0898 number where you could listen to the latest interview with...Dave Sutton etc and then get billed at the end of the month for £XXXXX)? !

Perhaps historically it was actually similar but folk just met down the pub on a Saturday evening and sorted the club and team out during inebriation; until the next time. Apart from the Observer which often got stick from supporters (as there was little positive reporting) there certainly wasn't this microscopic probing into every little cavity and who last farted on the field!! No doubt someone might enlighten me on that and then we could get a thread on lighting farts!!

I thank Col for his post and taking a great deal of time to put his slant on things. Ripping it apart isn't doing anyone any good and most probably isn't helping our injury-ravaged squad who no doubt read this. God knows what they might think sometimes...but having known the odd footballer in the past they might well be pissing themselves having a good laugh. Afterall, it takes guts to cross that white line and go out and do the biz in front of a few thousand people.

I do realise the concerns of other supporters and that things are not right at the mo. I can add that things are not right at a lot of league clubs up and down the country and as we well know finances are usually at the base of these concerns.

Hopefully, we'll get a few 1st teamers back from injury and the ship will steady. We've had a recent bad run that's affected all supporters positivity. Getting dark early and grey, raining days don't help. Add the last line and we can come over as a right miserable lot but it is repeated on every messageboard everywhere.

I think it’s because it’s mainly boring. All joking aside the people on here speculating about who is shagging who and what went on at a stag do come across as bitter and jealous and quite frankly a bit sad. It also takes away from any good points about how the club should be run. It really is hard to take seriously.
Is it just me? on 15:35 - Dec 4 with 1475 viewsD_Alien

Is it just me? on 14:13 - Dec 4 by Cleedale

That's a fair point of view

The one thing I'd highlight though is the sense of humour which this board brings to most matters, especially concerning Dale. So while we can have different opinions, it's far from the reality to describe us as a miserable lot - just the opposite. Most of us remain determined to retain almost unique ways of dragging humour from even the most dire circumstances!

[Post edited 4 Dec 2019 15:47]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is it just me? on 15:38 - Dec 4 with 1466 viewsMass_Debater

Is it just me? on 15:27 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

I think it’s because it’s mainly boring. All joking aside the people on here speculating about who is shagging who and what went on at a stag do come across as bitter and jealous and quite frankly a bit sad. It also takes away from any good points about how the club should be run. It really is hard to take seriously.

Makes me wonder why you've bothered coming back under a new username then.
Is it just me? on 16:30 - Dec 4 with 1397 viewsCleedale

Is it just me? on 15:35 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

The one thing I'd highlight though is the sense of humour which this board brings to most matters, especially concerning Dale. So while we can have different opinions, it's far from the reality to describe us as a miserable lot - just the opposite. Most of us remain determined to retain almost unique ways of dragging humour from even the most dire circumstances!

Agreed DA - there's always something about the vast majority of Dale supporters with that sense of humour; not so often witnessed
at other clubs. Perhaps we've inherited and are passing down a default Survivors gene which helps.

I think by miserable I was trying to reflect on this time of the year, with all messageboard users everywhere. Slate-grey short days with plenty of rain hardly puts a spring in your step. Added to that with poor club and team form and it can come over quite dreary and depressing.
Is it just me? on 17:45 - Dec 4 with 1315 viewskel

Is it just me? on 13:38 - Dec 4 by judd

Through my mouth.

I aksed where not how tbf.
Is it just me? on 17:54 - Dec 4 with 1295 viewsjudd

Is it just me? on 17:45 - Dec 4 by kel

I aksed where not how tbf.

No, it through my mouth..as in up.

Is it just me? on 19:41 - Dec 5 with 1079 viewskiwidale

Is it just me? on 15:35 - Dec 4 by D_Alien

This place comes alive and can be very entertaining when it kicks off and if taken with a grain of salt as it should be it can be very funny albeit dark humour it should be read wearing your big boys pants. Sometimes it crosses the line and gets a bit nasty esp when on the receiving end but nobody ends up in hospital. This forum would be very dull if we all agreed on everything the the ability to respond in real time is something we never had before the internet, letters to the editor never elicited a reply and were forgotten before lunchtime. The highly amusing thread SACK THE BOARD has had 388 replies and been viewed 22316 in 5 days compared to the rest of the posts its gone virus (sic) without it there would be tumbleweed blowing across the screen. Its astonishing how a post from a guy saying his piece can enrage so many so quickly, the mob is very quick to form as RAFC1907 has found out.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 20:43]

This is not the time for bickering.

Is it just me? on 20:18 - Dec 5 with 1024 viewsnordenblue

Is it just me? on 19:41 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

This place comes alive and can be very entertaining when it kicks off and if taken with a grain of salt as it should be it can be very funny albeit dark humour it should be read wearing your big boys pants. Sometimes it crosses the line and gets a bit nasty esp when on the receiving end but nobody ends up in hospital. This forum would be very dull if we all agreed on everything the the ability to respond in real time is something we never had before the internet, letters to the editor never elicited a reply and were forgotten before lunchtime. The highly amusing thread SACK THE BOARD has had 388 replies and been viewed 22316 in 5 days compared to the rest of the posts its gone virus (sic) without it there would be tumbleweed blowing across the screen. Its astonishing how a post from a guy saying his piece can enrage so many so quickly, the mob is very quick to form as RAFC1907 has found out.

Are "The mob" a different identity to "The clique" or do any cross loyalties sometimes?
Is it just me? on 20:27 - Dec 5 with 1002 viewskel

Is it just me? on 19:41 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

Perhaps if veiled digs at other supporters weren’t made then it wouldn’t have kicked off as it did.

Has that crossed your mind at all?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 20:27]
Is it just me? on 20:30 - Dec 5 with 996 viewsRochdale_ger

If this is your lots version of it “kicking off” then you must have lead very sheltered lives.
Is it just me? on 20:41 - Dec 5 with 971 viewskel

Is it just me? on 20:30 - Dec 5 by Rochdale_ger

If this is your lots version of it “kicking off” then you must have lead very sheltered lives.

Yet here we all are posting on an internet forum on a Thursday night.
Is it just me? on 20:42 - Dec 5 with 968 viewskiwidale

Is it just me? on 20:27 - Dec 5 by kel

Perhaps if veiled digs at other supporters weren’t made then it wouldn’t have kicked off as it did.

Has that crossed your mind at all?
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 20:27]

Is this a kettle and pot question?

This is not the time for bickering.

Is it just me? on 20:44 - Dec 5 with 963 viewskel

Is it just me? on 20:42 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

Is this a kettle and pot question?

If you like. Have another read of the thread and see how it started.

Let me know when the penny drops.
Is it just me? on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 945 viewsDorislove

Is it just me? on 20:30 - Dec 5 by Rochdale_ger

You young ones have all the fun these days ,pity it wasnt like that in the 70s at football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024