Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the problem at the club? 22:37 - Dec 4 with 3521 viewsRAFC1907

What's the problem at the club?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Bottomley...

What's the problem at the club? on 22:41 - Dec 4 with 3494 viewsfitzochris

I thought you were tired.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What's the problem at the club? on 22:46 - Dec 4 with 3483 viewsRochdale_ger

What's the problem at the club? on 22:41 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

It’s a decent poll
What's the problem at the club? on 22:48 - Dec 4 with 3478 viewsRAFC1907

What's the problem at the club? on 22:41 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

I am and after tonight I've made a pledge to come off social media till new year 😂😂. I just want to know what other fans think.

I get many are loyal to people, abit like how loyal people where to Hill, but in the end he went.

BBM came in worked miracles and my opinion is he isn't being given a fair crack.

When all said and done..

Up the Dale 💙

What's the problem at the club? on 23:10 - Dec 4 with 3426 viewsfitzochris

What's the problem at the club? on 22:46 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

It’s a decent poll

Okay. Not related to my statement. But okay.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

What's the problem at the club? on 01:48 - Dec 5 with 3328 viewskiwidale

What's the problem at the club? on 23:10 - Dec 4 by fitzochris

Okay. Not related to my statement. But okay.

sorry for adding a Poll I had not realised this was already up when I posted mine but different questions asked so will leave mine up.

This is not the time for bickering.

What's the problem at the club? on 10:48 - Dec 5 with 3083 viewswatford_dale

Lack of direction/strategy from the top. Unfortunately this had the ability to happen when you change 4 of your board of directors, with varying levels of expertise as a director. They provide the tools for BBM to do his job, unfortunately this doesn't seem to have happened.
What's the problem at the club? on 12:17 - Dec 5 with 2946 viewsscarrow

What's the problem at the club? on 22:46 - Dec 4 by Rochdale_ger

It’s a decent poll

Graham Poll ex ref? Was he decent?

Poll: Final position

What's the problem at the club? on 12:19 - Dec 5 with 2945 viewsCleedale

See that 'Board Not Backing Manager' appears to be leading.

I can understand supporters not wanting relegation and the board appear to be stating that no money is available in Jan. I believe that League rules stipulate we can only spend 60% of income on playing staff (right/wrong)?; perhaps we've reached this ceiling?

Until the next set of accounts become available we don't know the real reasons behind why there appear to be shortfalls in monies available for squad strengthening, given what to ourselves seems very healthy business. (Transfer money usually comes in over a period of time and think other revenues have to be held over to another season)?

Before the Cowley brothers recently left Lincoln City they too went on record in stating that the club had NO money to strengthen the squad without players leaving OR loanees coming in from higher up the food chain to be in the 'shop window' who aren't getting games. (Basically stating that their wages would have to be met wholly by the parent club).

This 'could' be a way for us to strengthen as surely there's plenty of decent enough footballers out there who aren't getting full game time - just think where the knock-down of all British-born players have gone to with such huge numbers of overseas stars dominating the Prem.

Personally think these last 2-3 seasons has proved what a logistical nightmare running a footie club can be.

Let's hope fortunes soon take an upturn - that will change all of our attitudes.
Login to get fewer ads

What's the problem at the club? on 12:24 - Dec 5 with 2930 viewselectricblue

On the poll is should say lack of communication to the supporters...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What's the problem at the club? on 12:26 - Dec 5 with 2924 viewsjudd

What's the problem at the club? on 12:24 - Dec 5 by electricblue

On the poll is should say lack of communication to the supporters...

It does.

Poll: What is it to be then?

What's the problem at the club? on 13:32 - Dec 5 with 2801 viewsDaleiLama

What's the problem at the club? on 12:26 - Dec 5 by judd

It does.

As it been changed?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

What's the problem at the club? on 14:55 - Dec 5 with 2698 viewsPotterDale

Is there an option for the manager not being up to the job?
I realise that the board selected him, so you could turn it around and still blame the board, but I think its unfair to put it all at their door.
What's the problem at the club? on 15:09 - Dec 5 with 2670 viewsEllDale

I believe that the problem at Lincoln is that they overspent over the summer bringing in players like Jack Payne on big wages.
The footballing equivalent of maxing out on your credit card.
What's the problem at the club? on 15:48 - Dec 5 with 2619 viewsCleedale

What's the problem at the club? on 15:09 - Dec 5 by EllDale

I believe that the problem at Lincoln is that they overspent over the summer bringing in players like Jack Payne on big wages.

Thanks EllDale - that's interesting.

I was reading their site a couple of weeks back and their supporters were commenting about unverified reports that alleged Akinde had been bought for around the £750k mark.

If there was any truth in that it shows how difficult it can be just sustaining League 1 survivability and they're on a much worse run (results wise) than ourselves.
What's the problem at the club? on 16:05 - Dec 5 with 2594 viewsCleedale

What's the problem at the club? on 15:09 - Dec 5 by EllDale

Just to add, looking at Akinde's stats...

...never realised he was 30, has only scored 8 goals out of 161 above L2 standard and lots of loan deals.

If the £750k rumour has any truth it could be his wages for the 3 year deal...perhaps?
What's the problem at the club? on 18:12 - Dec 5 with 2464 viewsRAFC1907

What's the problem at the club? on 14:55 - Dec 5 by PotterDale

Is there an option for the manager not being up to the job?
I realise that the board selected him, so you could turn it around and still blame the board, but I think its unfair to put it all at their door.

I personally don't think Barry-Murphy is to blame.

Last season HIll had good players such as Cannon, Rafferty, Magahey etc and he fell out with some of them and refused to play some players which left us fans begging whats going on.

Under BBM he has had very little to work with, had the likes of Rafferty, Cannon and Magahey still been here we may have been able to play BBM's style of football.

We was doing quite well until the injuries came along and our very thin and young squad is struggling, the old pros are well past it too.

I don't think fans are being too harsh by asking for a little bit of money to be spent to bring one or two good players in that will also help develop the young lads and potentially increase their value if we're progressing up the league.

Nobody is suggesting we spend £8,000 a week on wages like Bury did with Beckford, but to just hang BBM out to dry and see if he can work another miracle isn't fair on him nor the supporters.

If we don't voice our frustrations come January nothing will happen, by being heard they may have to act and come up with the goods.

That's just my perspective.

What's the problem at the club? on 20:02 - Dec 5 with 2323 viewskiwidale

The current problems at the club have plagued us since 1907 they only go away when we are winning.

What's the problem at the club? on 21:01 - Dec 5 with 2254 viewsAtThePeake

What's the problem at the club? on 20:02 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

The current problems at the club have plagued us since 1907 they only go away when we are winning.

The Cliqueâ„¢ has been in place since 1907?

Tangled up in blue.

What's the problem at the club? on 21:04 - Dec 5 with 2244 viewsDorislove

What's the problem at the club? on 21:01 - Dec 5 by AtThePeake

The Cliqueâ„¢ has been in place since 1907?

Didnt the" Cem clique" start the website and trust board that we are pretty much all talking and probably bitching about .
What's the problem at the club? on 21:13 - Dec 5 with 2220 viewskiwidale

no no no nothing wrong with the Cem clique, I like them. We owe them a lot as you rightly point out.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:15]

What's the problem at the club? on 21:17 - Dec 5 with 2208 viewsDorislove

What's the problem at the club? on 21:13 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

no no no nothing wrong with the Cem clique, I like them. We owe them a lot as you rightly point out.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:15]

you have really lost me now ,whats this other one ,jeez its too hard for us oldies to cotton on to whats going on.
What's the problem at the club? on 21:21 - Dec 5 with 2192 viewskiwidale

What's the problem at the club? on 21:17 - Dec 5 by Dorislove

you have really lost me now ,whats this other one ,jeez its too hard for us oldies to cotton on to whats going on.

Its my fault Doris love. my use of clique bait is lost on many.

What's the problem at the club? on 21:28 - Dec 5 with 2172 viewsDorislove

What's the problem at the club? on 21:21 - Dec 5 by kiwidale

Its my fault Doris love. my use of clique bait is lost on many.

No problem ,im not really sure who is on whos side ,it seems its that way until last nights episode ,jeez glad i went to bed early.Whose side you on Save money or do a bury.
What's the problem at the club? on 21:38 - Dec 5 with 2159 viewskiwidale

What's the problem at the club? on 21:28 - Dec 5 by Dorislove

No problem ,im not really sure who is on whos side ,it seems its that way until last nights episode ,jeez glad i went to bed early.Whose side you on Save money or do a bury.

Im on your side Doris and the individual posters right to express his opinion whether I agree with him or not without being personally abused on here as is often the case. This is an opinion based forum not a fraternity.

What's the problem at the club? on 00:19 - Dec 6 with 2095 viewsShun

What's the problem at the club? on 15:48 - Dec 5 by Cleedale

Thanks EllDale - that's interesting.

I was reading their site a couple of weeks back and their supporters were commenting about unverified reports that alleged Akinde had been bought for around the £750k mark.

If there was any truth in that it shows how difficult it can be just sustaining League 1 survivability and they're on a much worse run (results wise) than ourselves.

If Akinde was bought for £750K then when Matheson eventually goes it shouldn’t be for anything less than £100 million.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024