Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko 16:17 - Dec 5 with 2315 viewsdingdangblue

Dale or Boston v Newcastle live on BT Sport

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 16:30 - Dec 5 with 2270 viewsdingdangblue

Full list :

Dale or Boston v Newcastle Sat 4th Jan 12.31 BT Sport
Wolves v Man Utd Sat 4th Jan 17.31 BT Sport
Middlesbrough v Spurs Sun 5th Jan 14.01 BT Sport
Liverpool v Everton Sun 5th Jan 16.01 BBC1
Gillingham v West ham Sun 5th Jan 18.16 BT Sport
Arsenal v Leeds Mon 6th Jan 19.56 BBC1
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 16:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 16:42 - Dec 5 with 2216 viewsAncoats_Blue

Let’s hope it’s us!
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 17:04 - Dec 5 with 2152 viewsdawlishdale

The TV money for a live 3rd round game last season was £144000, plus the prize money for winning round one and two, plus gate receipts and corporate stuff (and mugs)

If (and based on recent performances it's a huge if) we can win the replay, it should net us about £250k.

However... we MUST raise our level and more importantly, adapt our style of play, or they will beat us. We are damned lucky to be still in the competition, so lets really go at them from the start and none of this two players sitting deep in midfield rubbish.

Lose, and the knives will really be out for BBM and the Board.

Come on Dale !!!
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:22 - Dec 6 with 1831 viewsShun

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 17:04 - Dec 5 by dawlishdale

The TV money for a live 3rd round game last season was £144000, plus the prize money for winning round one and two, plus gate receipts and corporate stuff (and mugs)

If (and based on recent performances it's a huge if) we can win the replay, it should net us about £250k.

However... we MUST raise our level and more importantly, adapt our style of play, or they will beat us. We are damned lucky to be still in the competition, so lets really go at them from the start and none of this two players sitting deep in midfield rubbish.

Lose, and the knives will really be out for BBM and the Board.

Come on Dale !!!

While agreeing that we need to vastly improve our game, I don’t see how we’re ‘damn lucky to still be in the competition’ - we didn’t remotely look like losing to Boston on Sunday.
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:35 - Dec 6 with 1828 viewsjustanillusion

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:22 - Dec 6 by Shun

While agreeing that we need to vastly improve our game, I don’t see how we’re ‘damn lucky to still be in the competition’ - we didn’t remotely look like losing to Boston on Sunday.

I'd say we are lucky to still be in cup, did you not go Wrexham away? And Boston had a number of chances to score and win at Spotland
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:38 - Dec 6 with 1824 viewsShun

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:35 - Dec 6 by justanillusion

I'd say we are lucky to still be in cup, did you not go Wrexham away? And Boston had a number of chances to score and win at Spotland

I didn’t go to Wrexham, so I’ll give you that. But Boston did not have a number of chances. Sanchez only made two saves all game, pretty easy ones. As frustrated as I was at the performance, at no point were we in any danger of losing.
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 08:30 - Dec 6 with 1680 viewsNigeriamark

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 16:30 - Dec 5 by dingdangblue

Full list :

Dale or Boston v Newcastle Sat 4th Jan 12.31 BT Sport
Wolves v Man Utd Sat 4th Jan 17.31 BT Sport
Middlesbrough v Spurs Sun 5th Jan 14.01 BT Sport
Liverpool v Everton Sun 5th Jan 16.01 BBC1
Gillingham v West ham Sun 5th Jan 18.16 BT Sport
Arsenal v Leeds Mon 6th Jan 19.56 BBC1
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 16:31]

That will do for me. And the replay? !!!
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 09:17 - Dec 6 with 1631 viewsdawlishdale

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:22 - Dec 6 by Shun

Not sure why you are arguing. Wrexham should have beaten us by two or three goals at the Racecourse, and Boston looked far more "up for it" than we did. Be honest; our performances recently have been woeful.

I'm hoping the incentive of a plum tie in R3 will lift us out of our current slumbers, but we need to alter our negative tactics . Boston will be right up and at us, and rightly so.
Login to get fewer ads

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 09:18 - Dec 6 with 1630 viewsAtThePeake

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 00:38 - Dec 6 by Shun

I didn’t go to Wrexham, so I’ll give you that. But Boston did not have a number of chances. Sanchez only made two saves all game, pretty easy ones. As frustrated as I was at the performance, at no point were we in any danger of losing.

In hindsight, I do agree that Boston never really looked like winning that game, as you said in your reply to my post in the Match Thread. I think I was over-reacting after such a flat performance against a team from three divisions below. I still think the performance was unacceptable though.

Wrexham however truly did deserve to beat us at the Racecourse. They hit the bar and the post and Sanchez made at least two excellent saves from memory, whereas we created very little and the only efforts I remember us having were a couple of long-range strikes that their keeper dealt with comfortably.

I missed the home replay so can't comment but I was drinking with some Wrexham supporting mates after the away game and they were quite rightly disappointed to have not won.

Tangled up in blue.

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 09:44 - Dec 6 with 1595 viewsAncoats_Blue

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 09:18 - Dec 6 by AtThePeake

In hindsight, I do agree that Boston never really looked like winning that game, as you said in your reply to my post in the Match Thread. I think I was over-reacting after such a flat performance against a team from three divisions below. I still think the performance was unacceptable though.

Wrexham however truly did deserve to beat us at the Racecourse. They hit the bar and the post and Sanchez made at least two excellent saves from memory, whereas we created very little and the only efforts I remember us having were a couple of long-range strikes that their keeper dealt with comfortably.

I missed the home replay so can't comment but I was drinking with some Wrexham supporting mates after the away game and they were quite rightly disappointed to have not won.

I went to the Wrexham away but not home game and the Boston game. Like you say Wrexham had the chances to beat us. Boston either stopped us making our own chances to win the game or we were just crap on the day. Maybe a bit of both. They didn’t really cause the keeper any problems.

I think a lot of the frustration about both cup games is that our league form is so worrying. A dodgy performance (or 2) against a lower league side in a banana skin tie is to be expected sometimes. We’ve made Championship and Premier League sides look very ordinary in recent years. The fans of Leeds, Spurs, ManU etc probably had the same moans about Dale that we’re having about Boston. I think the real problem is that these one-off potentially tricky cup ties are thrown into a 5 league game losing run and it becomes a real talking point.

I’ll be at Boston away and (perhaps naïvely ) think we’ll pull our finger out and get the job done.
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 14:38 - Dec 11 with 1189 viewsaleanddale

Jeff Stelling last night was giving updates from the Boston V Dale replay!!

Kept saying it’s still 0-0 - No fookin wonder!!
Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 14:44 - Dec 11 with 1179 viewsD_Alien

Sat 4th Jan 12.31 ko on 14:38 - Dec 11 by aleanddale

Jeff Stelling last night was giving updates from the Boston V Dale replay!!

Kept saying it’s still 0-0 - No fookin wonder!!

Jeff's telling porkies

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024