Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Boris Johnson a coward? 06:57 - Dec 6 with 35121 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Every other leader has been interviewed, but he refuses. It’s quite devastating stuff from Neil here.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:11 - Dec 6 with 1530 viewsDaleFan7

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:36 - Dec 6 by rochdaleriddler

They will go for a new leader, I assume you mean the last election , hardly a comprehensive beating, it led to where we are today

No, the no confidence vote in Labour to remove him from his leadership in 2016. In which Labour voted 172-40 in favour of no confidence. Granted, Labour's votes aren't binding as the ones in the Tory's no confidence votes are but that was pretty damning and then hypocritical of him to say May should resign after she won one within her party.

Corbyn won 4 more seats in 2017 than Brown did in 2010. Brown was completely unelectable and Corbyn was coming up against one of the worst election campaigns in history. It's hardly the great result some Labour supporter's would have you believe.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:12 - Dec 6 with 1525 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:43 - Dec 6 by TheBeast666

Not enough time to give a full response FP as am going out but quickly, the EU , in my opinion , has morphed from a trade alliance towards a political federation of European states that benefit big business and financial institutions, particularly in Germany who bankroll other countries but lock them into trade deals thaytonly benefit German companies. Other countries, such as Ireland plunder the EU treasure chest hugely and have grown wealthy on the back of it , however UK is a huge net contributor to theses funds, we only get a fraction back and this is tied to initiatives that are not priority ones nationally, so we would be financially better off and also able to forge free trade agreements around the world. The EU needs us more than we need them , our wages are too high to make us ultra competitive so it benefits other countries more than the UK, add to this the political corruptness of EU institutions and EU law trumping UK law, then to me its a clear cut case to leave. Short term pain for long term gain is my democratic view. I could add much more but thats for another time.

Zero, I repeat zero, understanding of the way world markets work my friend. Enjoy your night out.

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:26 - Dec 6 with 1485 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:10 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Working class folks won’t have to compete with people from Eastern Europe for jobs.

East Europeans do the jobs we won't.

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:32 - Dec 6 with 1461 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:26 - Dec 6 by FalingeParka

East Europeans do the jobs we won't.

Said every middle class office worker pushing a pen ever.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:46 - Dec 6 with 1428 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:32 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Why would an office worker be middle class, likely earn far less than plumbers, sparks etc.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:54 - Dec 6 with 1418 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:46 - Dec 6 by rochdaleriddler

Why would an office worker be middle class, likely earn far less than plumbers, sparks etc.

Because on this strange little island of ours your class isn’t just how much cash you have in your pocket.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:56 - Dec 6 with 1413 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:32 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Yawn.

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:58 - Dec 6 with 1410 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:56 - Dec 6 by FalingeParka

Yawn.

All those tins of special brew making you sleepy fella? You’ll be accusing me of selling heroin on the flats in hour.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:06 - Dec 6 with 1397 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:09 - Dec 6 by finberty

So you disagree with him.

That makes him a tit in your eyes?

Let's look at what The Beast said:

- 'morphed from a trade alliance towards a political federation of European states'.

This is factually evident from such nonsense as an EU Army, EU Anthem, EU President etc. Otherwise, the Common Market as it stood would have remained. It's changed. Didn't you see it happening? Maastricht? Lisbon?

- 'benefit big business and financial institutions, particularly in Germany who bankroll other countries but lock them into trade deals that only benefit German companies'.

I think it's difficult to argue that the German economy benefits most from all the EU economies. Whether such deals 'only' benefit Germany is debatable.

- 'Other countries, such as Ireland plunder the EU treasure chest hugely'.

It's an inescapable fact that Ireland was bailed out and UK was a major contributor. Whether 'plunder' is the correct term is very doubtful. The bale-out will have been requested, offered and paid. It does however cast a light on Varadkar's opposition to Brexit, although the acknowledgement of UK's role took some time to be made by him.

- 'UK is a huge net contributor to theses funds, we only get a fraction back'.

This is factually correct. Or, as Benitez many times said - 'fact'. Blair ensured we got less back than before when he signed-away much of the rebate.

- 'this is tied to initiatives that are not priority ones nationally'.

Can't comment.

- 'we would be financially better off and also able to forge free trade agreements around the world'.

That seems to be the aim, because we will not be contributing as much into the EU aside from existing obligations which cannot be dodged. Whether we can forge new deals remains to be seen.

- 'The EU needs us more than we need them'.

Financially yes. Who is the net buyer and who is the net seller?

- 'political corruptness of EU institutions and EU law trumping UK law'

Yes, how are those published EU accounts coming along after all these years?

Yes.

I'm a bad man.

Boring and yes an EU army, why not.

The idea.

Ireland/banks all over that were bailed out. What is your point?

Listen Finberty, mate, and The Beast, arf, the ref was a nightmare idea and the UK does not wanna be alone in the scheme of things. Terry T yes, very funny.

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 1380 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:54 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Because on this strange little island of ours your class isn’t just how much cash you have in your pocket.

Working in an office does not confer middle class status. Call centre staff are the labourers of the day

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:20 - Dec 6 with 1378 viewsFalingeParka

- 'morphed from a trade alliance towards a political federation of European states'.

This is factually evident from such nonsense as an EU Army, EU Anthem, EU President etc. Otherwise, the Common Market as it stood would have remained. It's changed. Didn't you see it happening? Maastricht? Lisbon?

- 'benefit big business and financial institutions, particularly in Germany who bankroll other countries but lock them into trade deals that only benefit German companies'.

I think it's difficult to argue that the German economy benefits most from all the EU economies. Whether such deals 'only' benefit Germany is debatable.

It's an inescapable fact that Ireland was bailed out and UK was a major contributor. Whether 'plunder' is the correct term is very doubtful. The bale-out will have been requested, offered and paid. It does however cast a light on Varadkar's opposition to Brexit, although the acknowledgement of UK's role took some time to be made by him.

This is factually correct. Or, as Benitez many times said - 'fact'. Blair ensured we got less back than before when he signed-away much of the rebate.

Can't comment.

- 'we would be financially better off and also able to forge free trade agreements around the world'.

That seems to be the aim, because we will not be contributing as much into the EU aside from existing obligations which cannot be dodged. Whether we can forge new deals remains to be seen.

Supero tedious reply old sport. And not in any way at all pertaining to actual business as we do it on the ground.

Am not quite sure your angle. I think it may be down to sheer tiredness.

So, if I can decipher your babble, you have a beef with the Eurozone, and where that's at?

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:21 - Dec 6 with 1375 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:06 - Dec 6 by FalingeParka

Yes.

I'm a bad man.

Boring and yes an EU army, why not.

The idea.

Ireland/banks all over that were bailed out. What is your point?

Listen Finberty, mate, and The Beast, arf, the ref was a nightmare idea and the UK does not wanna be alone in the scheme of things. Terry T yes, very funny.

Terry towelling?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:26 - Dec 6 with 1356 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:20 - Dec 6 by FalingeParka

Supero tedious reply old sport. And not in any way at all pertaining to actual business as we do it on the ground.

Am not quite sure your angle. I think it may be down to sheer tiredness.

So, if I can decipher your babble, you have a beef with the Eurozone, and where that's at?

You see, the problem with your angle dear chap, is your actual angle.

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:32 - Dec 6 with 1342 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:20 - Dec 6 by rochdaleriddler

Working in an office does not confer middle class status. Call centre staff are the labourers of the day

Tell that to an god carrier. Seriously though I get what your saying.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:32 - Dec 6 with 1340 viewsFalingeParka

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:58 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

All those tins of special brew making you sleepy fella? You’ll be accusing me of selling heroin on the flats in hour.

Hands up and seriously I properly apologise for that. Pax?

ColonelHall

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:11 - Dec 6 with 1283 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:10 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Working class folks won’t have to compete with people from Eastern Europe for jobs.

True, they'll have sole rights to any exploitative, zero hours, unskilled, slave labour job left in the UK after Boris has sold off what's left of the 'family silver' & his mates in USA corporations have creamed off the profits.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:27 - Dec 6 with 1260 viewstony_roch975

Can't comment.

A fair, balanced analysis.
The aim of the EEC/EU was always ever-closer union - it's in the text of the 1957 Treaty of Rome that founded the EEC (Thatcher missed that);
big business & financial institutions benefiting isn't unique to the EEC;
Our banks got far more bail-outs than Ireland's.
The money we get back is for the poorest communities in our country - they're certainly not a priority for the Tories (unless bribing them for votes).
'Whether we can forge new deals remains to be seen' - key point; the only certainty is that any we do get will be scourged on the backs of the poor.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:31 - Dec 6 with 1253 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:11 - Dec 6 by tony_roch975

True, they'll have sole rights to any exploitative, zero hours, unskilled, slave labour job left in the UK after Boris has sold off what's left of the 'family silver' & his mates in USA corporations have creamed off the profits.

I’m a tradesman I work on building sites every day. A plaster boarder will earn £180 a day? A Romanian plaster boarder will work for £40-£60 pound a day. Im not anti EU because of some weird dislike for foreigners I’m a more anti Eu for reasons that Jeremy Corbyn is. Look at the way Greece has been treated.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:35 - Dec 6 with 1247 viewsmingthemerciless

" Our wages are too high ". What, in Rochdale ?

You forget to mention the shiny new passports we'll be getting once the French have printed them for us.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:39 - Dec 6 with 1237 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:31 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

I’m a tradesman I work on building sites every day. A plaster boarder will earn £180 a day? A Romanian plaster boarder will work for £40-£60 pound a day. Im not anti EU because of some weird dislike for foreigners I’m a more anti Eu for reasons that Jeremy Corbyn is. Look at the way Greece has been treated.

Who decides the wage - you, the Romanian plaster boarder or the boss! There's lots to criticise about the EU (it is another bosses cartel) but when it comes to workers rights (yours or the Romanian) there's one guarantee - division of workers mean the bosses win, solidarity and strong Trades Unions is the answer. Get your enemy clear in your sights - it's the rich and powerful not the fellow worker.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:46 - Dec 6 with 1220 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:39 - Dec 6 by tony_roch975

Who decides the wage - you, the Romanian plaster boarder or the boss! There's lots to criticise about the EU (it is another bosses cartel) but when it comes to workers rights (yours or the Romanian) there's one guarantee - division of workers mean the bosses win, solidarity and strong Trades Unions is the answer. Get your enemy clear in your sights - it's the rich and powerful not the fellow worker.

Trades Unions are done Tony. It’s not the 70’s or the 80’s anymore. And the market decides the wages and flooding the market with people who are willing to work for less then the going rate hasn’t been a good thing. Working class people went out and got behind Brexit in a way they have never got behind anything before, Corbyn could have been true to his instincts and embraced Brexit instead he had been impartial on it to keep the Hillary benns of his party on side and the rest of the red conservatives.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:59 - Dec 6 with 1204 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:46 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Trades Unions are done Tony. It’s not the 70’s or the 80’s anymore. And the market decides the wages and flooding the market with people who are willing to work for less then the going rate hasn’t been a good thing. Working class people went out and got behind Brexit in a way they have never got behind anything before, Corbyn could have been true to his instincts and embraced Brexit instead he had been impartial on it to keep the Hillary benns of his party on side and the rest of the red conservatives.

Very fair points, Brexit has been hijacked by the right - there is a left wing version which never got aired; as you rightly say Corbyn was emasculated by the New Labour rump and the chance for Labour to lead a working class revolt against the elite was lost. Blair's biggest failing was not reversing Thatcher's anti-Union legislation but, in my dotage, I won't give up hope that workers can still use their one bargaining chip (of withdrawing their labour) to offset the control of the elite.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:07 - Dec 6 with 1188 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:59 - Dec 6 by tony_roch975

Very fair points, Brexit has been hijacked by the right - there is a left wing version which never got aired; as you rightly say Corbyn was emasculated by the New Labour rump and the chance for Labour to lead a working class revolt against the elite was lost. Blair's biggest failing was not reversing Thatcher's anti-Union legislation but, in my dotage, I won't give up hope that workers can still use their one bargaining chip (of withdrawing their labour) to offset the control of the elite.

I remember lefties talking about LEXIT and plenty of honest and decent people on the left campaigning for Brexit such as George Galloway and Kate hoey. They have been treated disgracefully by prominent remainers and activists.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:17 - Dec 6 with 1177 viewsDale23years

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:59 - Dec 6 by tony_roch975

Surely labour can be classed as right wing for all the anti semitism in its party ???

Or had it all been made up in your perfect labour world. Funny how everything you disagree with is suddenly right wing !!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:32 - Dec 6 with 1163 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:17 - Dec 6 by Dale23years

Surely labour can be classed as right wing for all the anti semitism in its party ???

Or had it all been made up in your perfect labour world. Funny how everything you disagree with is suddenly right wing !!!!

Why do you say labour are anti Semitic?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024