Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Boris Johnson a coward? 06:57 - Dec 6 with 34928 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Every other leader has been interviewed, but he refuses. It’s quite devastating stuff from Neil here.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 20:35 - Dec 9 with 1666 viewsDaleFan7

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 20:18 - Dec 9 by mingthemerciless

I don't use the public swimming baths and the gym in town. Shall we close them down then ?

Taxes are used for a vast amount of things, you'll gain from some, you'll lose out on others. The TV licence is someone dictating to you that you have to pay for a singular entity even if you don't use any of its services.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 20:41 - Dec 9 with 1630 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 20:26 - Dec 9 by BigDaveMyCock

There’s been no knee-jerk reaction. The blatant flaws in the argument have been noted, that’s all. You extol regulating the media when it comes to political debate. Boris Johnson, whose absence from political debates you seek to explain via the requirement for this regulation, would however never in a million years countenance such a thing.
On the other hand, if it was Corbyn dodging interviews and wanting to regulate the media you’d be apoplectic.
The argument’s been rightly called out for what it is. A diversionary tactic to avoid criticism of Johnson dodging scrutiny.
Your claim of non partisan objectivity is ridiculous.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 20:28]

I'd be apoplectic? Who says so - you?

It's the entire media scrum i'm posting about, irrespective of party loyalties (temporary or otherwise), and it's a shame you've failed to understand my initial post

Yes, it was specifically about BJ, but that's because you chose to make this thread about BJ. I would apply the points i've made to all politicians. Very few of them are cowards, and certainly none of them who take on leadership roles and all that involves; and it's debasing the political debate to make use of that media trope

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 21:00 - Dec 9 with 1608 viewsmingthemerciless

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 20:35 - Dec 9 by DaleFan7

Taxes are used for a vast amount of things, you'll gain from some, you'll lose out on others. The TV licence is someone dictating to you that you have to pay for a singular entity even if you don't use any of its services.

The principle is the same though. We're having to pay for services that we may or may not use personally but are generally acknowledged to be in the public good. It's what civilized societies do.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 22:12 - Dec 9 with 1540 viewsAncoats_Blue

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 19:45 - Dec 9 by 49thseason

The MPs for Leeds.
Richard Burgon
Hilary Benn
Fabian Hamilton
Rachel Reeves
Alex Sobel
Wonder what they all have in common?

None of them are in the government or responsible for Leeds General’s underfunding?
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 22:31 - Dec 9 with 1513 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 19:22 - Dec 9 by todmordendale

The photo was in the lefty rag. Nothing to say it wasn’t a set up by some lefty Marxist activists intent on trying to get one over on the capitalistic greedy folk.
Don’t trust anything that I’m seeing or hearing. Unless you actually see things and know things, then it is not possible to comment without prejudice, We see that the nation’s politics have stooped too far.

The story broke in the Yorkshire Post. On a, albeit brief, review of the newspaper I haven’t yet seen one mention of wanting to overthrow the capitalist mode of production.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 22:32]

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 05:26 - Dec 10 with 1441 viewsforeverhopefulDale

The photo was in the lefty rag. Nothing to say it wasn’t a set up by some lefty Marxist activists intent on trying to get one over on the capitalistic greedy folk.
Don’t trust anything that I’m seeing or hearing. Unless you actually see things and know things, then it is not possible to comment without prejudice, We see that the nation’s politics have stooped too far.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 05:34 - Dec 10 with 1426 viewsforeverhopefulDale

But not in the Tory supporting, Nazi supporting Mail eh?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 10:15 - Dec 10 with 1335 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:19 - Dec 6 by SuddenLad

Pro-Tory... ?? 😂😂 I was relaying what was said yesterday on TV, that Boris is very likely to meet Neill, in the next week. How is that spin ? How is it construed as pro-Tory ?

so SL, has that date been fixed yet or was it always Tory spin, was there never any intention that Boris would honour the agreement - Boris & honour go together like Calvin and scoring!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Login to get fewer ads

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 10:54 - Dec 10 with 1302 viewsdawlishdale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 10:15 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

so SL, has that date been fixed yet or was it always Tory spin, was there never any intention that Boris would honour the agreement - Boris & honour go together like Calvin and scoring!

I see...Like Tony Lloyd and loyalty to Rochdale?
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:06 - Dec 10 with 1289 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 10:54 - Dec 10 by dawlishdale

Or the Tory candidate and the invisible man. I’ve only had election material from labour and Lib dem

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:11 - Dec 10 with 1283 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 10:54 - Dec 10 by dawlishdale

Do we assume you think Lloyd is disloyal to Rochdale because he didn't support the May/Johnson Leave deal in Parliament whilst the majority of Rochdale people who voted in the referendum were in favour of Leave?
That's where a bit of history is insightful - as Edmund Burke (feted as the first conservative) told his voters in Bristol in 1774: “Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving, you if he sacrifices it to your opinion." That's the basis of our Representative Democracy (a representative not a delegate) - the one Leave voters want to take back control!

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:32 - Dec 10 with 1245 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:11 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

Do we assume you think Lloyd is disloyal to Rochdale because he didn't support the May/Johnson Leave deal in Parliament whilst the majority of Rochdale people who voted in the referendum were in favour of Leave?
That's where a bit of history is insightful - as Edmund Burke (feted as the first conservative) told his voters in Bristol in 1774: “Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays, instead of serving, you if he sacrifices it to your opinion." That's the basis of our Representative Democracy (a representative not a delegate) - the one Leave voters want to take back control!

Burke might have added "And you have the option of getting rid if you so choose"

Edit: but i'm not widely (sic) optimistic

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 11:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:55 - Dec 10 with 1238 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 11:32 - Dec 10 by D_Alien

Burke might have added "And you have the option of getting rid if you so choose"

Edit: but i'm not widely (sic) optimistic

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 11:36]

absolutely (in fact the voters of Bristol did) - but not for disloyalty!

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:13 - Dec 10 with 1202 views49thseason

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 22:12 - Dec 9 by Ancoats_Blue

None of them are in the government or responsible for Leeds General’s underfunding?

According to their accounts, the Leeds Trust funding increased by £18m from 2018 to 2018. What evidence of "underfunding "do you have and how much funding do you think they need?

Indeed there isnt a single year in the last 25 where NHS funding has not increased. Perhaps if Labour hadnt allowed Health Trusts to borrowed money through scandalously expensive PFI schemes there wouldn't be these allegations of underfunding. But then there wouldnt be scare stories for Labour to frighten people with either.
Leeds is currently paying £33m a year of interest on a PFI deal which lasts 30 years and will ultimately cost over £1Bn. The cost of the buildings procured by this PFI deal was £237m. So the interest payments will continue for 23 years after the buildings have been paid for and will cost £763m more than the cost of the buildings..
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:27 - Dec 10 with 1181 viewsDaleFan7

What the country needs is the rise of a centrist party. You're not going to remove the Conservatives with a hard left party. It doesn't appeal to enough people.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:07 - Dec 10 with 1152 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:13 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

According to their accounts, the Leeds Trust funding increased by £18m from 2018 to 2018. What evidence of "underfunding "do you have and how much funding do you think they need?

Indeed there isnt a single year in the last 25 where NHS funding has not increased. Perhaps if Labour hadnt allowed Health Trusts to borrowed money through scandalously expensive PFI schemes there wouldn't be these allegations of underfunding. But then there wouldnt be scare stories for Labour to frighten people with either.
Leeds is currently paying £33m a year of interest on a PFI deal which lasts 30 years and will ultimately cost over £1Bn. The cost of the buildings procured by this PFI deal was £237m. So the interest payments will continue for 23 years after the buildings have been paid for and will cost £763m more than the cost of the buildings..

Whilst agreeing about PFI, introduced by Major and accelerated under Blair the funding of the NHS in real terms after inflation has fallen. Depending on which figures you use to compare, there are also between 8000and 17000 Fewer beds available since 2010.

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 with 1150 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:13 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

Cutting and pasting from an unspecified source, well that settles it then doesn’t it?

I suppose you’ve fallen for the ‘I know someone who works in the hospital and it was staged’ fake news story doing the rounds on social media?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 14:10]

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 with 1149 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:27 - Dec 10 by DaleFan7

What the country needs is the rise of a centrist party. You're not going to remove the Conservatives with a hard left party. It doesn't appeal to enough people.

Labours policies aren’t hard left, they are centrist anywhere else in Europe !, they seem left to Mail readers

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:15 - Dec 10 with 1127 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 13:27 - Dec 10 by DaleFan7

So you’ll vote Conservative then?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:49 - Dec 10 with 1100 views49thseason

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Cutting and pasting from an unspecified source, well that settles it then doesn’t it?

I suppose you’ve fallen for the ‘I know someone who works in the hospital and it was staged’ fake news story doing the rounds on social media?

The figures are available for anyone to find as they are all in the public domain.
Since you dont seem to have any other comeback than to claim they have been cut and pasted from an unknown source I must assume you are too dim to do your own research or you know the figures are accurate but cant bring yourself to admit that they are and that they destroy any semblance of economic competence on the part of the Labour party.
I'll make it easy for you, follow this link and then click on page 4 of the spreadsheet that you can download and you will find that Rochdale's streetlighting scheme had a capital cost of £31m but will actually cost us £112m . I assume you know how a spreadsheet works? Or are they rather too revealing for you?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/05/pfi-contracts-list

And whilst we are on the subject of the NHS perhaps you would like to explain why Health Secretary Andy Burnham refused over 80 requests for an enquiry into how 1200 people died unnecessarily in North Staffs Hospital?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 14:51]
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:02 - Dec 10 with 1086 views49thseason

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Well, this is inconvenient too isnt it?

"Woman whose account spread fake news about boy on hospital floor claims she was hacked"
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/10/woman-says-account-hacked-to-post-
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:10 - Dec 10 with 1078 viewsJames1980

PFI was brought in by Tories in Red Drag

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:17 - Dec 10 with 1061 viewsAtThePeake

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:02 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

"Woman whose account spread fake news about boy on hospital floor claims she was hacked"
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/10/woman-says-account-hacked-to-post-

She's saying that her account was hacked to send a fabricated post about her working at the hospital and the image being faked. It wasn't her account that tweeted the original image.

Tangled up in blue.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:18 - Dec 10 with 1060 viewsHK_Dale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Labours policies aren’t hard left, they are centrist anywhere else in Europe !, they seem left to Mail readers

Not sure nationalization of private enterprises is a centrist policy anywhere in the world...

Punitive taxation for the wealthy is also more of a hard left policy than centrist. Oh and state subsidization of things such as broadband are far more left wing than others across Europe.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:25 - Dec 10 with 1051 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:02 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

49TH, read it properly. It confirms that the story claiming the photograph was staged was a fake. Not the story was a fake.
Bless, you really thought you stumbled on to something there didn’t you?
Go back to cutting and pasting random stuff and leave the real debate to the grown ups eh?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 15:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024