Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Boris Johnson a coward? 06:57 - Dec 6 with 35076 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Every other leader has been interviewed, but he refuses. It’s quite devastating stuff from Neil here.

[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 6:58]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:52 - Dec 10 with 1439 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:18 - Dec 10 by HK_Dale

Not sure nationalization of private enterprises is a centrist policy anywhere in the world...

Punitive taxation for the wealthy is also more of a hard left policy than centrist. Oh and state subsidization of things such as broadband are far more left wing than others across Europe.

So no state run railways, state run natural resources like water, are you sure?pretty sure other nation states are running our trains!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:53 - Dec 10 with 1436 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:02 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

Well, this is inconvenient too isnt it?

"Woman whose account spread fake news about boy on hospital floor claims she was hacked"
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/10/woman-says-account-hacked-to-post-

https://www.facebook.com/664024233/posts/10157192933584234?d=n&sfns=mo

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:58 - Dec 10 with 1419 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:49 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

The figures are available for anyone to find as they are all in the public domain.
Since you dont seem to have any other comeback than to claim they have been cut and pasted from an unknown source I must assume you are too dim to do your own research or you know the figures are accurate but cant bring yourself to admit that they are and that they destroy any semblance of economic competence on the part of the Labour party.
I'll make it easy for you, follow this link and then click on page 4 of the spreadsheet that you can download and you will find that Rochdale's streetlighting scheme had a capital cost of £31m but will actually cost us £112m . I assume you know how a spreadsheet works? Or are they rather too revealing for you?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/05/pfi-contracts-list

And whilst we are on the subject of the NHS perhaps you would like to explain why Health Secretary Andy Burnham refused over 80 requests for an enquiry into how 1200 people died unnecessarily in North Staffs Hospital?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 14:51]

Rochdale needed it’s street lighting replacing , many lamps were way past their expected lifespan. They didn’t have the money, so entered into , as you rightly say , an expensive contract with united utilities . Their performance is so poor that RBC threatened to end the contract a couple of years back. So nil points for the government for starving the council of cash, nil points to UU for ripping us off. When it’s nationalised I hope this contract will be null and void

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:10 - Dec 10 with 1406 viewsmingthemerciless

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:08 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Labours policies aren’t hard left, they are centrist anywhere else in Europe !, they seem left to Mail readers

Don't you mean the Mail owners, or should I say owner ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:15]
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:14 - Dec 10 with 1394 viewsmingthemerciless

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:02 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

Well, this is inconvenient too isnt it?

"Woman whose account spread fake news about boy on hospital floor claims she was hacked"
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/dec/10/woman-says-account-hacked-to-post-

I know one thing - the interview were Johnson lost the power of rational speech but discovered a new occupation , phone thief, wasn't fake.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:15 - Dec 10 with 1388 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:10 - Dec 10 by mingthemerciless

Don't you mean the Mail owners, or should I say owner ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:15]

Both, never met a mail reader who isn’t full gammon

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:21 - Dec 10 with 1379 viewsHK_Dale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:52 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

So no state run railways, state run natural resources like water, are you sure?pretty sure other nation states are running our trains!

There is a difference between having state run natural resources and infrastructure that have always been that way vs. re-nationalizing at a decent premium. Additionally taking a private company, such as BT (more specifically openreach) and nationalizing it is very left wing, and a mistake, IMO.

My point was not that they don't exist but that they are not viewed as centrist policies in any country - regardless of whether they have adopted such policies. The point you raised was not whether other countries do this but where on the political spectrum such policies fall...
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:26 - Dec 10 with 1373 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 14:49 - Dec 10 by 49thseason

The figures are available for anyone to find as they are all in the public domain.
Since you dont seem to have any other comeback than to claim they have been cut and pasted from an unknown source I must assume you are too dim to do your own research or you know the figures are accurate but cant bring yourself to admit that they are and that they destroy any semblance of economic competence on the part of the Labour party.
I'll make it easy for you, follow this link and then click on page 4 of the spreadsheet that you can download and you will find that Rochdale's streetlighting scheme had a capital cost of £31m but will actually cost us £112m . I assume you know how a spreadsheet works? Or are they rather too revealing for you?
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/05/pfi-contracts-list

And whilst we are on the subject of the NHS perhaps you would like to explain why Health Secretary Andy Burnham refused over 80 requests for an enquiry into how 1200 people died unnecessarily in North Staffs Hospital?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 14:51]

49Th, take a step back from yourself for a minute. You’ve accused me of not doing any research and you’ve sent me a link to data relating to Rochdale Lighting Scheme.
Can you enlighten me on what I’m supposed to be researching, it would be nice to know. Also, can you please explain what this data, without any context whatsoever, means? I’m genuinely baffled as to why you’ve felt compelled to send this.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:29 - Dec 10 with 1369 viewsmingthemerciless

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:10 - Dec 6 by Rochdale_ger

Working class folks won’t have to compete with people from Eastern Europe for jobs.

They're digging the footpath up by my house at the moment to lay new gas mains. It used to be the Gas Board, now it's subcontracted through about 3 pairs of hands until you get the likes of " Balfour-Beatty " doing the job. There's about 10-12 blokes on the job. All British as far as I can see. I have a chat with them and give them a brew from time to time. Imagine digging ditches in this weather.

The thing is out of the 10 guys on the job 1 is about 30, half of the rest won't see 40 again and the other 4 or 5 won't see 50 again ! I said to one of the blokes " Do you have to have grey hair to do this job ? "
He said " Young people aren't interested in this kind of work these days ".
I said " What happens when you lot call it a day then ? "

He just shrugged his shoulders and said " You tell me. "

It doesn't sound like our working class folks are flocking to grab the shovels and after Brexit the Eastern Europeans won't be digging the holes either.

Maybe we'll dig our own when the day comes ? Any good with a spade ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:34]
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:31 - Dec 10 with 1364 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 15:53 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

https://www.facebook.com/664024233/posts/10157192933584234?d=n&sfns=mo

Despite claims of a staged photo, Leeds General Infirmary has confirmed that Jack did suffer due to an exceptionally busy week.

“Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack’s family had a long wait in our emergency department,” said Dr Yvette Oade, the chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS trust. “We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family.”

But once again, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:35 - Dec 10 with 1354 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:29 - Dec 10 by mingthemerciless

They're digging the footpath up by my house at the moment to lay new gas mains. It used to be the Gas Board, now it's subcontracted through about 3 pairs of hands until you get the likes of " Balfour-Beatty " doing the job. There's about 10-12 blokes on the job. All British as far as I can see. I have a chat with them and give them a brew from time to time. Imagine digging ditches in this weather.

The thing is out of the 10 guys on the job 1 is about 30, half of the rest won't see 40 again and the other 4 or 5 won't see 50 again ! I said to one of the blokes " Do you have to have grey hair to do this job ? "
He said " Young people aren't interested in this kind of work these days ".
I said " What happens when you lot call it a day then ? "

He just shrugged his shoulders and said " You tell me. "

It doesn't sound like our working class folks are flocking to grab the shovels and after Brexit the Eastern Europeans won't be digging the holes either.

Maybe we'll dig our own when the day comes ? Any good with a spade ?
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:34]

I do a manual job, Getting my hands dirty doesn’t bother me.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:37 - Dec 10 with 1330 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:31 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

Despite claims of a staged photo, Leeds General Infirmary has confirmed that Jack did suffer due to an exceptionally busy week.

“Our hospitals are extremely busy at the moment and we are very sorry that Jack’s family had a long wait in our emergency department,” said Dr Yvette Oade, the chief medical officer at Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS trust. “We are extremely sorry that there were only chairs available in the treatment room, and no bed. This falls below our usual high standards, and for this we would like to sincerely apologise to Jack and his family.”

But your post actually highlights the truth of the matter, even if you didn't intend it to - which is that however many beds, however much cash, however many staff there are in the NHS, there will be certain circumstances where capacity (unless you extend it to infinity) will be over-reached. This unfortunate incident is one of them

"But once again, don't let the truth get in the way of a good story"

Indeed

[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 16:38]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:40 - Dec 10 with 1335 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:21 - Dec 10 by HK_Dale

There is a difference between having state run natural resources and infrastructure that have always been that way vs. re-nationalizing at a decent premium. Additionally taking a private company, such as BT (more specifically openreach) and nationalizing it is very left wing, and a mistake, IMO.

My point was not that they don't exist but that they are not viewed as centrist policies in any country - regardless of whether they have adopted such policies. The point you raised was not whether other countries do this but where on the political spectrum such policies fall...

" a private company, such as BT"! - it was our public company until Thatcher sold it off, it'd be rightly coming home. It's neo-liberal Thatcherism's ideological obsession with selling off the family silver which is being re-balanced and returned to a centrist position of major state owned enterprises a la France, Italy, Sweden etc.

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:47 - Dec 10 with 1311 viewsRochdale_ger

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:40 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

" a private company, such as BT"! - it was our public company until Thatcher sold it off, it'd be rightly coming home. It's neo-liberal Thatcherism's ideological obsession with selling off the family silver which is being re-balanced and returned to a centrist position of major state owned enterprises a la France, Italy, Sweden etc.

To be fair all of those are terrible examples of nations that have good and efficient state run enterprises.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:52 - Dec 10 with 1302 viewstodmordendale

It may surprise you tony-roch but Thatcher was extremely popular. Her government won 3 landslide elections. But those hardened lefty Marxists who shout loud enough believe that she was hated. The silent majority knew better.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:53 - Dec 10 with 1300 viewsDaleFan7

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:40 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

Sweden that according to UN reports will become a 3rd world country by 2030 if it carries on with its current economic policies? No thanks.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:06 - Dec 10 with 1269 viewsHK_Dale

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:47 - Dec 10 by Rochdale_ger

To be fair all of those are terrible examples of nations that have good and efficient state run enterprises.

Beat me to it. I'd take the issues of our franchised rail model over the French or Italian approach...

Inevitably and not unreasonably, when it comes to state expenditure, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure falls well below healthcare etc.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:16 - Dec 10 with 1242 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:31 - Dec 10 by tony_roch975

Yes, but as we have over 8000 and possibly up to 17000 fewer beds available since 2010, these peak occurrences are now near daily. The bed blocking that makes this worse is down to no joined up elderly care provision, and cuts to local authority budgets. So yes demand is infinite, and spending may never be enough, however NHS spending is not keeping up with inflation, and isn’t increasing in real terms. The population is growing.
The story isn’t a good one in any way, it’s already been repeated today in Chester
Edit. Meant as a reply to D’alien sorry
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:22]

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:17 - Dec 10 with 1236 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:06 - Dec 10 by HK_Dale

Beat me to it. I'd take the issues of our franchised rail model over the French or Italian approach...

Inevitably and not unreasonably, when it comes to state expenditure, maintaining and enhancing infrastructure falls well below healthcare etc.

Italian state rail is jointly running the west coast mainline

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:18 - Dec 10 with 1230 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 16:52 - Dec 10 by todmordendale

It may surprise you tony-roch but Thatcher was extremely popular. Her government won 3 landslide elections. But those hardened lefty Marxists who shout loud enough believe that she was hated. The silent majority knew better.

She was equally loved or loathed, where I worked in the 80’s she was hated with a vengeance

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:30 - Dec 10 with 1205 viewstony_roch975

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:17 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Italian state rail is jointly running the west coast mainline

indeed - nearly all our rail operators are wholly or partly state owned (just not by our state!):-
CrossCountry: German state
East Midlands: Dutch state
Eurostar: French state
Gatwick Express: French state
Grand Central: German state
Great Northern: French state
GWR: PRIVATE
Greater Anglia: Dutch state
Heathrow Express: PRIVATE
Hull Trains: PRIVATE
LNER: British state
London Northwestern Railway: Dutch state
London Overground: German state
London Underground: British state
Merseyrail: Dutch state
Northern: German state
Scotrail: Dutch state
South Western Railway: Hong Kong state
Southeastern: French state
Southern: French state
Stansted Express: Dutch state
TfL rail: British state
Thameslink: French state
TransPennine Express: PRIVATE
Transport for Wales: French state
West Coast: Italian state
West Midlands Railway: Dutch state

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:35 - Dec 10 with 1191 viewsD_Alien

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 17:16 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Yes, but as we have over 8000 and possibly up to 17000 fewer beds available since 2010, these peak occurrences are now near daily. The bed blocking that makes this worse is down to no joined up elderly care provision, and cuts to local authority budgets. So yes demand is infinite, and spending may never be enough, however NHS spending is not keeping up with inflation, and isn’t increasing in real terms. The population is growing.
The story isn’t a good one in any way, it’s already been repeated today in Chester
Edit. Meant as a reply to D’alien sorry
[Post edited 10 Dec 2019 17:22]

The bed-blocking is the most relevant issue you've highlighted

No party has made specific proposals in their manifesto for how this can be addressed in the longer term; it's widely held that TM's policy proposals in 2017 were sufficiently specific and off-putting that no party would risk having their election campaign dragged down by what will inevitably need to be quite radical policies if/when any party in government seeks to get a grip on this

There are, of course, no easy answers, and anyone who claims there are isn't living in the real world. More - much more - funding will be required, but how that comes about without severely naffing off of one or more sections of the voting public to the extent that you'd almost be guaranteed to lose the next election, is another matter

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:29 - Dec 10 with 1135 viewsRochdale_ger

Got an online quote for health insurance earlier out of interest. I’m a young guy, fit, healthy and don’t smoke. Fifty pound a month was the quote.
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 19:01 - Dec 10 with 1102 viewsTheBeast666

For what is worth, I totally accept the lad on the hospital floor was genuine, but it does not explain why he was on the floor as he had a chair/trolly to sit/lie on ? So why did his mum put him on the floor and then take a photo on her phone ?? Highly unusual behaviour in my opinion, but just the thing to give old Steptoe a boost by his chums in the Mirror. Then Liebour send rent-a-mob activists to hijack a government minister outside Leeds hospital, again bully boy tactics.

Boris handled it badly, should simply have agreed it was not acceptable but he was clearly ambushed by biased journalists as usual.

Better news with Jon Ashworth today, only saying what we all know, but then again he is the shadow health minister ffs ! Then pretending it was all a joke, to which Steptoe agrees. Just read or listen to the comments, the only jokes are JA and JC !

Pathetic attempts by Liebour to bleat on about NHS to deflect from them stopping democratic decision of Brexit.

Funny also we havent seen much if anything of those obnoxious 'key' Liebour stalwarts Abbot and Thornberry, I wonder why ??? - keep wheeling out the local girl Rayner as shes easy on the eye and to be fair puts forward a decent, if flawed argument.

Where does the lie that 4 million children are in poverty come from btw ??? Another exaggerated spurious Liebour claim.

Just need to put Boris in on Thursday and hopefully remove Tony LLoyd from Rochdale - probably only 1 of these will happen though !
Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 19:14 - Dec 10 with 1086 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is Boris Johnson a coward? on 18:29 - Dec 10 by Rochdale_ger

Got an online quote for health insurance earlier out of interest. I’m a young guy, fit, healthy and don’t smoke. Fifty pound a month was the quote.

I can’t get any, and yours won’t stay at £50 will it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024