Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread 13:48 - Dec 6 with 14105 viewsAtThePeake

Preview:

Match Preview: Rotherham United v Dale 4th Dec 2019 14:00
Rochdale return to league action after a dismal performance in the FA Cup against non-league Boston as they travel to promotion chasers Rotherham United. 0

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Rotherham United v Dale 5th Dec 2019 11:50
With us travelling to Rotherham this weekend, our latest “Played For Both” is an ex Miller and ex Daley, and one of the best natural number 9’s we’ve ever had. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Rotherham United v Dale 6th Dec 2019 09:00
Experienced referee Chris Sarginson is the referee for Dale’s trip to Rotherham on Saturday. 0

Rotherham Forum: http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2602&s=fa49b5c65ac27fa6366d076aea8

FootballGroundGuide: https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/new-york-stadium-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:49 - Dec 8 with 2356 viewsAncoats_Blue

Fairly late decision to go yesterday but glad I did. So, so much better than the last few games. Sanchez and Matheson has great games for me

Bwah looked a decent player when he came on.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:02 - Dec 8 with 2300 viewsSuddenLad

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:43 - Dec 8 by 1907

I wonder whether MJ missing was anything to do with the confrontation with a fan? Certainly didn’t appear injured last Sunday.

Didn’t go yesterday due to work commitments but can only echo the sentiments about how pleased I was when I saw MJ wasn’t in the team. I genuinely believe he has been one of the main contributors to the recent downturn in form.

What 'confrontation with a fan'. ? Not heard that one.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:13 - Dec 8 with 2279 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:02 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

Not sure, but he was ill yesterday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:17 - Dec 8 with 2263 viewsNigeriamark

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 10:42 - Dec 8 by R17ALE

Fully agree. My heart lifted when I saw MJ wasn't playing. He's so negative with his play, yet I agree, there's a player in him, but not up front.

Yesterday saw us move away from the tippy tappy shite and everytime we had the ball we looked forward. Granted we gave it away a lot, but we got a result and it was watchable. We gave it a go. None of this moving it around the back 5 which is vanity gone bonkers.

Good comment on the tippy tappy play. Without it and away against a team who would have been third if they had won, we still had 48% possession. One goal and a clean sheet too rather than 68%, no goals and a loss. You could see it clearly with Mathesson we defended well but rather than gang back spent a fair amount of the game in their half in space. It’s only 1 game but a single tactical change made a big difference. Perhaps BBM can come up with a plan B when needed
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:48 - Dec 8 with 2183 viewsD_Alien

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:17 - Dec 8 by Nigeriamark

Good comment on the tippy tappy play. Without it and away against a team who would have been third if they had won, we still had 48% possession. One goal and a clean sheet too rather than 68%, no goals and a loss. You could see it clearly with Mathesson we defended well but rather than gang back spent a fair amount of the game in their half in space. It’s only 1 game but a single tactical change made a big difference. Perhaps BBM can come up with a plan B when needed

Or resort back to Plan A? Wasn't there but sounds pretty much like how he had us playing at the back end of last season, and with pretty much the same result

If he's learned from the past month or so, great. Let's see

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:05 - Dec 8 with 2150 viewsShun

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:49 - Dec 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Fairly late decision to go yesterday but glad I did. So, so much better than the last few games. Sanchez and Matheson has great games for me

Bwah looked a decent player when he came on.

Where did Baah play when he came on?
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:15 - Dec 8 with 2136 viewsboromat

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:05 - Dec 8 by Shun

Where did Baah play when he came on?

Up front and mainly central but he was all over the place to be fair.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:33 - Dec 8 with 2084 views1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 12:02 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

There was an extremely angry confrontation with a fan as he came off the pitch last Sunday. I saw it first hand and have also seen posts about it on here.

Obviously that wasn’t the case with him missing the game yesterday, but it wasn’t good to see at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:43 - Dec 8 with 2055 viewsSuddenLad

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:33 - Dec 8 by 1907

There was an extremely angry confrontation with a fan as he came off the pitch last Sunday. I saw it first hand and have also seen posts about it on here.

Obviously that wasn’t the case with him missing the game yesterday, but it wasn’t good to see at all.

Genuinely haven't read anything about this before. Has the supporter been banned ? No place for 'extremely angry' verbals towards individual players leaving the field.

Wasn't MJ awarded the MoM for that game ?? (Rightly or wrongly)

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:47 - Dec 8 with 2044 views1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:43 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

Genuinely haven't read anything about this before. Has the supporter been banned ? No place for 'extremely angry' verbals towards individual players leaving the field.

To be fair I don’t think some of the verbals had been directly aimed at MJ, it was more the whole team & MJ took exception.

It’s not the kind of thing we want to see but having been at the game I totally understood the frustration after that level of performance. Certainly wouldn’t expect to see the fan banned for it either.

You’re right he was awarded MOM. I believe they had been serving super strength lager all day in the match sponsors box 😂
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:51 - Dec 8 with 2030 viewsAtThePeake

Match Report:

Match Report: Rotherham 0-1 Dale 8th Dec 2019 13:46
A weight was lifted off Dale shoulders on Saturday afternoon as a stunning strike from Aaron Morley handed Brian Barry Murphy's men all three points away at Rotherham. 0

Tangled up in blue.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 14:07 - Dec 8 with 1985 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 13:43 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

Banned? Really?

If football clubs banned fans for comments towards players and match officials about their levels of performance, the game would be played in empty stadiums.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 14:33]

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 16:47 - Dec 8 with 1775 viewsDaleFan7

Great result yesterday! Hopefully gives us some confidence going into next Monday.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 19:42 - Dec 8 with 1583 viewsbigness2017

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 14:59 - Dec 7 by Yorkshire_Dale

...and,are we saving Calvin for Boston? wtf?

He’s injured
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 8 with 1488 viewsSuddenLad

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 14:07 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

Banned? Really?

If football clubs banned fans for comments towards players and match officials about their levels of performance, the game would be played in empty stadiums.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 14:33]

I didn't say he should be banned, I was asking IF he had been banned. Had that been the case, I would have expected to hear about it, either on here or elsewhere.

Criticism of performances is fine and acceptable. Personal insults aren't.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 1476 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:44 - Dec 8 by SuddenLad

I didn't say he should be banned, I was asking IF he had been banned. Had that been the case, I would have expected to hear about it, either on here or elsewhere.

Criticism of performances is fine and acceptable. Personal insults aren't.

My point still stands.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 01:32 - Dec 9 with 1271 viewsShun

Interesting that we actually have the 6th best away record in the division.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 10:44 - Dec 9 with 1110 views1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 01:32 - Dec 9 by Shun

Interesting that we actually have the 6th best away record in the division.

The way we play definitely suits being away from home.

We have to adjust and play differently at home, get on the front foot & attack teams.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024