Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread 13:48 - Dec 6 with 14050 viewsAtThePeake

Preview:

Match Preview: Rotherham United v Dale 4th Dec 2019 14:00
Rochdale return to league action after a dismal performance in the FA Cup against non-league Boston as they travel to promotion chasers Rotherham United. 0

Played for Both:

Played For Both: Rotherham United v Dale 5th Dec 2019 11:50
With us travelling to Rotherham this weekend, our latest “Played For Both” is an ex Miller and ex Daley, and one of the best natural number 9’s we’ve ever had. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Rotherham United v Dale 6th Dec 2019 09:00
Experienced referee Chris Sarginson is the referee for Dale’s trip to Rotherham on Saturday. 0

Rotherham Forum: http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2602&s=fa49b5c65ac27fa6366d076aea8

FootballGroundGuide: https://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/league-one/new-york-stadium-

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:03 - Dec 7 with 3647 viewsrochdaleriddler

Brilliant, now a rest for a week, get some players fit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:03 - Dec 7 with 3645 viewsNigeriamark

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 16:56 - Dec 7 by Dale23years

Come on dale get the fcuk in there!!!!!!!!!!!

Cracking result

Finished 1-0 Dale
What a Feckin performance that is. Although under pressure in the second half we still tried to get forward. A reasonable amount of shots and a battling performance that has just come from nowhere against a team going for the play offs ( they would have gone 3rd if they had won)

Sanches and O'Connell got to every cross that was pumped in the box & there was a spell when the latter must have headed it about 5 times in 2 minutes. Both immense

Great little cameo from Baah although he was in Danger of a red when it looked as if he was going to block a free kick from being taken. Done moved him away showing an experienced head. However the young lad isn't shy of looking to get in the game & looks to have a bit about him

If we play like that every week there won't be too many complaints from me

Well done today, BBM and the team, it was spot on. A lot of doubts before kick off but proved everyone wrong
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 17:10]
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:09 - Dec 7 with 3560 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Get in. Brilliant result, much needed three points.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:13 - Dec 7 with 3502 viewsfrenzied

Terrific result..didn’t think we’d get anything
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 7 with 3457 viewsD_Alien

What a lift this gives the whole place in the build-up to Christmas

Whatever we got right that we were getting wrong, someone wrap it up and send it to BBM! The average age of our finishing line -up must be just about the lowest for a league game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 7 with 3443 viewssince58

Great result BOYS well done.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:22 - Dec 7 with 3374 viewsinthenet

I never seen that one coming fantastic result

Rastrickblue

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:24 - Dec 7 with 3357 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Great result. Clean sheet too, more of the same lads!!
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:28 - Dec 7 with 3325 viewsSuddenLad

Magnificent result and priceless 3 points. I didn't think we would come away from there with anything today, except a drubbing.

That should give the whole place a tremendous lift and I'll bet the dressing room was buzzing after the game. If we can win at Rotherham with THAT squad, there is no reason to have too many long term doubts. These young lads will benefit massively from a win like that and being part of the squad today.

Still much to be done and additions needed, but a massive boost for everyone involved in the matchday team.

Bring on Boston and let's keep the show rolling......

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 7 with 3290 viewsfitzochris

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:16 - Dec 7 by D_Alien

What a lift this gives the whole place in the build-up to Christmas

Whatever we got right that we were getting wrong, someone wrap it up and send it to BBM! The average age of our finishing line -up must be just about the lowest for a league game

The major difference I noticed today was the discipline. Nobody looked unsure at any point and, even more pleasingly, we coped defensively when a little more up against it in the second half.

Yes, there are still issues about depth and inconsistency, but they can wait. I’m just gonna enjoy a rare Dale win and watch the boxing later.

Anyone got a stream for that, btw?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 7 with 3120 viewsDale92

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:32 - Dec 7 by fitzochris

The major difference I noticed today was the discipline. Nobody looked unsure at any point and, even more pleasingly, we coped defensively when a little more up against it in the second half.

Yes, there are still issues about depth and inconsistency, but they can wait. I’m just gonna enjoy a rare Dale win and watch the boxing later.

Anyone got a stream for that, btw?

crackstreams.com/boxingstreams/watch-dazn-ruiz-vs-joshua/ Works on my phone and PlayStation. On today must be one off the most unexpected wins in long time. Big well done to the boys today, most pleasing is we’re now closer to the play offs that the drop , let’s hope that is the big boost of confidence that the boys needed and we can carry on some form into December. November was always tough on paper especially with the injuries.

This is the One, I've waited for

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 18:33 - Dec 7 with 2890 viewspioneer

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 17:21 - Dec 6 by Shun

Was there ever any truth in the rumour of Alfie returning last summer?

Just scoreda hat trick for sydney down under. League top scorer again.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 18:41 - Dec 7 with 2828 viewsjonahwhereru

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 14:43 - Dec 7 by Dale23years

Shocking line up.

Serious questions need to be asked about how we are controlling players rehabilitation after injury. If rathbone and Alby where brought back to early, then questions need to be asked why , who declared the fit and ready for first team action.

As for the right back Darren Anderton, hope there is clause in his contact that we only pay when he plays

Re your second paragraph, there isn’t a manager out there that has not pressurised a back room staff and player to come back before they were match fit.
Alan Hansen in that ill fated semi final at Hillsborough said he should not even have been there
that day. He told the boss he was only 80% ready to returned, and they said that was good enough.

As for today this sounded like one of those back end of last season results. The 1-0 at Gillingham springs to mind. If that is right then great as we were full of fighting spirit then. Morley needed a fillip after the Boston match. Shows how tough things are when RNDis the emergencey centre back.
As for the future the end of this month and January are massive for us, with several games against bottom 1/3 rd teams. I sincerely hope by then we have two fit CH’s and sufficient other players available to prevent the bench being full of adolescents. Not deeming any of them, but it’s the replacements is where we are so lightweight at the moment.
Still celebrate tonight, UTD.

It
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 19:40 - Dec 7 with 2605 viewsDiddyDave

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:36 - Dec 7 by DareToCalvin

Is that Brad Inman's Brisbane Roar as well?

Yes
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 19:48 - Dec 7 with 2565 viewsTVOS1907

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 18:41 - Dec 7 by jonahwhereru

Re your second paragraph, there isn’t a manager out there that has not pressurised a back room staff and player to come back before they were match fit.
Alan Hansen in that ill fated semi final at Hillsborough said he should not even have been there
that day. He told the boss he was only 80% ready to returned, and they said that was good enough.

As for today this sounded like one of those back end of last season results. The 1-0 at Gillingham springs to mind. If that is right then great as we were full of fighting spirit then. Morley needed a fillip after the Boston match. Shows how tough things are when RNDis the emergencey centre back.
As for the future the end of this month and January are massive for us, with several games against bottom 1/3 rd teams. I sincerely hope by then we have two fit CH’s and sufficient other players available to prevent the bench being full of adolescents. Not deeming any of them, but it’s the replacements is where we are so lightweight at the moment.

It

It was 1-1 at Gillingham. Do you mean Bristol Rovers or Accrington?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:27 - Dec 7 with 2402 viewsjonahwhereru

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 19:48 - Dec 7 by TVOS1907

It was 1-1 at Gillingham. Do you mean Bristol Rovers or Accrington?

I could say, of course I did, but no. I was just having a moment. As time creeps by they are happening more often.
TBF it felt like a win by the end of that game.
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:41 - Dec 7 with 2333 viewskiwidale

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 20:27 - Dec 7 by jonahwhereru

I could say, of course I did, but no. I was just having a moment. As time creeps by they are happening more often.
TBF it felt like a win by the end of that game.

A win that lifts the spirits on here everybody will enjoy that result. I've now got a bit of optimism for the replay.

This is not the time for bickering.

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 21:41 - Dec 7 with 2150 viewsDaleiLama

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 14:43 - Dec 7 by Dale23years

Shocking line up.

Serious questions need to be asked about how we are controlling players rehabilitation after injury. If rathbone and Alby where brought back to early, then questions need to be asked why , who declared the fit and ready for first team action.

As for the right back Darren Anderton, hope there is clause in his contact that we only pay when he plays

Shocking indeed. Makes me wonder why we bother?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 21:44 - Dec 7 with 2140 viewsmacro

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 21:41 - Dec 7 by DaleiLama

Shocking indeed. Makes me wonder why we bother?

Abby wasn't playing because his mum died - nothing to do with injuries
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 22:23 - Dec 7 with 2033 viewsNigeriamark

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 18:41 - Dec 7 by jonahwhereru

It

If we could find another fullback,a RND O''Connell centre back pairing wouldn't be the worse pairing we could have. One good in the air & one reading the game and using his pace. Won't happen when everyone is back fit but it worked very well today. O'Connell perhaps shaded MOM for me but a few other contenders too. Luke was brilliant too
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 00:02 - Dec 8 with 1822 viewstodmordendale

I thought that Ryan has his best game today. Without the cumbersome Williams around him he was able to play that defensive role with more accomplishment, marshalling the space and the game in front of the back four.
Massive performance by Bobby in goal today. O’Connor and Norrington Davies showed big time class. RND will be going to the Euro Champion Cup this next summer.
Morley is growing in stature week by week.
Maybe we should try to play MJ up front as a lone target man cos he’s non too dependable at the back but I think there is a footballer in him.
Well done BBM and up the Dale
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 10:42 - Dec 8 with 1425 viewsR17ALE

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 00:02 - Dec 8 by todmordendale

I thought that Ryan has his best game today. Without the cumbersome Williams around him he was able to play that defensive role with more accomplishment, marshalling the space and the game in front of the back four.
Massive performance by Bobby in goal today. O’Connor and Norrington Davies showed big time class. RND will be going to the Euro Champion Cup this next summer.
Morley is growing in stature week by week.
Maybe we should try to play MJ up front as a lone target man cos he’s non too dependable at the back but I think there is a footballer in him.
Well done BBM and up the Dale

Fully agree. My heart lifted when I saw MJ wasn't playing. He's so negative with his play, yet I agree, there's a player in him, but not up front.

Yesterday saw us move away from the tippy tappy shite and everytime we had the ball we looked forward. Granted we gave it away a lot, but we got a result and it was watchable. We gave it a go. None of this moving it around the back 5 which is vanity gone bonkers.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 10:56 - Dec 8 with 1385 viewsdawlishdale

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 10:42 - Dec 8 by R17ALE

Fully agree. My heart lifted when I saw MJ wasn't playing. He's so negative with his play, yet I agree, there's a player in him, but not up front.

Yesterday saw us move away from the tippy tappy shite and everytime we had the ball we looked forward. Granted we gave it away a lot, but we got a result and it was watchable. We gave it a go. None of this moving it around the back 5 which is vanity gone bonkers.

Couldn't go yesterday, but listened on Dale Player. It sounded such a lot more positive than recent games, so full credit to BBM and the players for a superb performance.

Lets please stay with this type of display and have a go at teams rather than look scared of them.

Up the Dale
Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:10 - Dec 8 with 1349 viewsJames1980

Went yesterday as I hadn't been to Rotherham before and was informed it was an easy ground to get to. Like others I wasn't expecting to get anything out the game. Certainly glad I went. A few nail biting moments but we we looked a different team from last Sunday. Sanchez man of the match for me and special mention for the lads singing highly entertaining.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Rotherham (A) - Match Thread on 11:43 - Dec 8 with 1273 views1907

I wonder whether MJ missing was anything to do with the confrontation with a fan? Certainly didn’t appear injured last Sunday.

Didn’t go yesterday due to work commitments but can only echo the sentiments about how pleased I was when I saw MJ wasn’t in the team. I genuinely believe he has been one of the main contributors to the recent downturn in form.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024