Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Unexpected Win 18:42 - Dec 7 with 5652 viewsmikehunt

After I heard Radio Manchester’s reporter inform us that Dale had 9 injuries for today I expected nothing less than a 5-0 drubbing. Wow! What a great win.
Off the top of my head one of our most unexpected victories was during the Real Great Escape season when we were rock bottom and well adrift but went to top of the table Barnsley and won 3-0. That was the start of that season’s escape. Had we finished in the bottom four I doubt if Rochdale would even have a team now.
Any advance on that?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Most Unexpected Win on 16:13 - Dec 8 with 1121 viewsAtThePeake

Most Unexpected Win on 15:15 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

Close, but no cigar!!

Saturday 18th September 1999, Kick-off 3.00pm.

It was actually our 61st league game v Rotherham and the 19th time we had beaten them. Five of those wins had been at Millmoor, although the previous one was back in the 1930/31 season.

(If you can't get the video to play, it's on YouTube. Search for Rotherham Rochdale 1999)
[Post edited 8 Dec 2019 15:16]

Your YouTube account is an absolute treasure trove TVOS. Stuck them on AirPlay to the TV and been sat here for an hour watching clips of both games I remember and some from before my time.

Still no idea how Chris O'Grady missed that chance at Gigg in 2010 though.

Tangled up in blue.

Most Unexpected Win on 16:22 - Dec 8 with 1099 viewsTVOS1907

Most Unexpected Win on 16:13 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

Your YouTube account is an absolute treasure trove TVOS. Stuck them on AirPlay to the TV and been sat here for an hour watching clips of both games I remember and some from before my time.

Still no idea how Chris O'Grady missed that chance at Gigg in 2010 though.

Cheers. I still keep adding things to it. They tend to be all the games featured on the history pages in TVOS. I knew it was a good idea to start recording Endsleigh League Extra in the 1990s!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Most Unexpected Win on 20:56 - Dec 8 with 931 viewskiwidale

Most Unexpected Win on 16:22 - Dec 8 by TVOS1907

Cheers. I still keep adding things to it. They tend to be all the games featured on the history pages in TVOS. I knew it was a good idea to start recording Endsleigh League Extra in the 1990s!

You do a massive amount of work for both club and fans. When is the book/film coming out.

This is not the time for bickering.

Most Unexpected Win on 20:58 - Dec 8 with 926 viewsTVOS1907

Most Unexpected Win on 20:56 - Dec 8 by kiwidale

You do a massive amount of work for both club and fans. When is the book/film coming out.

When I'm as old as you.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024