Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play 11:35 - Dec 9 with 7343 viewsaleanddale

So another club has decided not to play a game.

The EFL's weak handling of Bolton making there own rules up sets a precedent so it has to be a suspended 6 points?.

Football gets lost in all the politics and unless the EFL start clamping down on these clubs this will not be the last.

Its the Doncaster's and the Crewe's that I feel sorry for putting there own plans and schedules out of kilter.
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:23 - Dec 9 with 5790 viewsrochdaleriddler

I think the EFL will hit Bolton hard now, otherwise everyone with an injury crisis will do it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:46 - Dec 9 with 5745 viewsAncoats_Blue

Macc and Bolton need points deduction and 3 pts awarded to the opposition.

How about

First offence 3 point deducted, 3 awarded to opposition

Second offence 6 points deducted, 3 awarded to opposition

Third offence : expulsion from the league.
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 13:07 - Dec 9 with 5692 viewsboromat

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:46 - Dec 9 by Ancoats_Blue

Macc and Bolton need points deduction and 3 pts awarded to the opposition.

How about

First offence 3 point deducted, 3 awarded to opposition

Second offence 6 points deducted, 3 awarded to opposition

Third offence : expulsion from the league.

Don't agree with the 3 awarded to opposition. The game gets replayed later so no additional points should be given to the opposing team would be unfair on all the other teams, you could also get some strange and dodgy things going on at the end of the season.

1st unauthorised postponed game in one season - 6 points deducted
2nd unauthorised postponed game in one season - 12 points deducted
3rd unauthorised postponed game in one season - A large enough points deduction to relegate them. 40 points say.

I don't agree with fines as this just adds to the financial woes of the club and isn't fair on the fans to increase the financial risk of the club. They should however reimburse the opponents with expenses and compensation for any loss of ticket sales income due to any fixture move.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 17:42 - Dec 9 with 5373 viewsblackdogblue

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:23 - Dec 9 by rochdaleriddler

I think the EFL will hit Bolton hard now, otherwise everyone with an injury crisis will do it

2 different scenarios here unless I have missed something??

Bolton - Went on strike the end of last season and part of the minus 12 point start this season. The start of this season they postponed game(s)? Due to mental fatigue because of the young kids & the few seniors refusing to play. For this they got a “suspended” points deduction only applicable if they do it again in the next 2 years?

Macclesfield are on strike like Bolton end of last season so they should get a minus 12 points next season if found guilty & that’s an open & shut case,??

Sol Campbell not helping & bleating about the money he’s owed, tabloids say £180k...

Difference is I feel sorry for Macclesfield, they are a similar size club to us & a friendly ground / fans when I have been. Bolton still think they are a Premiership team, saying that they have their own Radio station on a Saturday afternoon... 😡😡

The EFL could grant them a few weeks break & get them to do some lines their that unpredictable & spineless ...

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:42 - Dec 9 with 5275 viewsDalenet

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 17:42 - Dec 9 by blackdogblue

Bolton - Went on strike the end of last season and part of the minus 12 point start this season. The start of this season they postponed game(s)? Due to mental fatigue because of the young kids & the few seniors refusing to play. For this they got a “suspended” points deduction only applicable if they do it again in the next 2 years?

Macclesfield are on strike like Bolton end of last season so they should get a minus 12 points next season if found guilty & that’s an open & shut case,??

Sol Campbell not helping & bleating about the money he’s owed, tabloids say £180k...

Difference is I feel sorry for Macclesfield, they are a similar size club to us & a friendly ground / fans when I have been. Bolton still think they are a Premiership team, saying that they have their own Radio station on a Saturday afternoon... 😡😡

The EFL could grant them a few weeks break & get them to do some lines their that unpredictable & spineless ...

Didn't Bolton get minus 12 points for going into administration. Nowt to do with refusing to play games. They have a suspended sentence for that and the EFL is appealing such a lenient punishment. I expect Bolton to get something more and thus Macclesfield will then get the same
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 18:43]
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:51 - Dec 9 with 5241 viewsblackdogblue

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:42 - Dec 9 by Dalenet

Didn't Bolton get minus 12 points for going into administration. Nowt to do with refusing to play games. They have a suspended sentence for that and the EFL is appealing such a lenient punishment. I expect Bolton to get something more and thus Macclesfield will then get the same

Can’t copy and paste but Bolton got a 5 point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture, suspended for 18 months (source Daily Mail)

3 points for Brentford last season & 2 for Doncaster this season..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:54 - Dec 9 with 5222 viewsrochdaleriddler

Why is he bleating? If he is owed money they should pay it

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:59 - Dec 9 with 5213 viewsdawlishdale

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:51 - Dec 9 by blackdogblue

Can’t copy and paste but Bolton got a 5 point deduction for failing to fulfil a fixture, suspended for 18 months (source Daily Mail)

3 points for Brentford last season & 2 for Doncaster this season..

The 12 points was for going into administration. The 5 point deduction was suspended and thus hasn't been deducted.
Login to get fewer ads

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 19:56 - Dec 9 with 5098 viewsfrenzied

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:54 - Dec 9 by rochdaleriddler

Why is he bleating? If he is owed money they should pay it

Exactly...

I’m sure it was Campbell when he played for Pompey all those years ago who ended up writing off all the money they owed him when the club ran into money problems....
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 19:58 - Dec 9 with 5090 viewsnordenblue

Yes how very rude of Sol Campbell to expect money he was legally promised, what a greedy shite he is.
I can imagine you'd be fine too chucking nearly £200k away
[Post edited 9 Dec 2019 20:09]
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 10:00 - Dec 10 with 4809 viewsScunnydale

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 19:56 - Dec 9 by frenzied

Exactly...

I’m sure it was Campbell when he played for Pompey all those years ago who ended up writing off all the money they owed him when the club ran into money problems....

I'd forgotten about Campbell being at Pompey and being owed money. So Pompey, Notts County and Macc? I'd be worried if I was a Southend fan.
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 10:38 - Dec 10 with 4748 viewsAtThePeake

Imagine running down your contract with your 'boyhood club', promising the supporters time and again that you'll be signing a new deal at the end of the season, then next being seen signing for that club's arch-rivals.

Admittedly my Spurs leanings make me more than a little biased here but that tells you everything you need to know about Sol.

Tangled up in blue.

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 11:09 - Dec 10 with 4707 viewsrochdaleriddler

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 10:38 - Dec 10 by AtThePeake

Imagine running down your contract with your 'boyhood club', promising the supporters time and again that you'll be signing a new deal at the end of the season, then next being seen signing for that club's arch-rivals.

Admittedly my Spurs leanings make me more than a little biased here but that tells you everything you need to know about Sol.

Bit like Keith Hill denying he was going to Barnsley then. So basically every person that leaves a club is a Judas?

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 11:16 - Dec 10 with 4698 viewsAtThePeake

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 11:09 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Bit like Keith Hill denying he was going to Barnsley then. So basically every person that leaves a club is a Judas?

Not really the same at all though is it? For starters, Hill never claimed to have grown up a Rochdale fan and didn't run his contract down so he could leave on a free. And more importantly Barnsley aren't our arch-rivals.

Campbell could have joined pretty much any club in the world that summer. Despite saying time and again he was staying (and having stated before that he would never play for Arsenal), he chose Arsenal.

Tangled up in blue.

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:16 - Dec 10 with 4618 viewsNewtonDale

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:42 - Dec 9 by Dalenet

One thing that confuses me (well there's a lot of things but I won't go into that) is who made the decision to give Bolton a suspended deduction if the EFL are appealing it?
Surely it should be the EFL themselves handing out the punishment?
Was it some independent panel acting on behalf of the EFL?
Who appoints them?
Why have this extra step in the proceedings?
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:28 - Dec 10 with 4586 viewsrochdaleriddler

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:16 - Dec 10 by NewtonDale

One thing that confuses me (well there's a lot of things but I won't go into that) is who made the decision to give Bolton a suspended deduction if the EFL are appealing it?
Surely it should be the EFL themselves handing out the punishment?
Was it some independent panel acting on behalf of the EFL?
Who appoints them?
Why have this extra step in the proceedings?

It was the recommendation from an independent panel

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:29 - Dec 10 with 4583 viewsrochdaleriddler

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 11:16 - Dec 10 by AtThePeake

Not really the same at all though is it? For starters, Hill never claimed to have grown up a Rochdale fan and didn't run his contract down so he could leave on a free. And more importantly Barnsley aren't our arch-rivals.

Campbell could have joined pretty much any club in the world that summer. Despite saying time and again he was staying (and having stated before that he would never play for Arsenal), he chose Arsenal.

Let it go

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 21:43 - Dec 10 with 4378 viewsmikehunt

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:28 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

It was the recommendation from an independent panel

And that panel was proposed by the EFL. It’s no wonder confusion reins. No bugger knows who is in charge, what the penalties are and whether you need to abide by them. bury may as well unilaterally declare that they are going to play their fixtures and blame the rest of the league for not fulfilling the fixtures (don’t tell the buggers that though .....)

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:07 - Dec 11 with 4042 viewsNinco

I think unless a match is called off by a referee because of weather conditions, any other games not played should go as a win to the opposition. I don't think it's fair that innocent clubs should end up with a backlog of games at the end of the season just because other clubs weren't able to put a team out when it should originally have been played.
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:36 - Dec 11 with 4001 viewsD_Alien

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:07 - Dec 11 by Ninco

I think unless a match is called off by a referee because of weather conditions, any other games not played should go as a win to the opposition. I don't think it's fair that innocent clubs should end up with a backlog of games at the end of the season just because other clubs weren't able to put a team out when it should originally have been played.

Highly unlikely that'll ever happen

Why should the other teams in the league be put at a disadvantage to the team awarded 3pts without playing a game? It could be a promotion/relegation decider, so there's scope for fraud there too

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 19:43 - Dec 11 with 3928 viewsTVOS1907

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 18:07 - Dec 11 by Ninco

They wouldn't end up with a backlog of games unless there were about half-a-dozen clubs postponing matches.

Also, we won 3-1 at Bolton on the pitch. Would it be fair for Doncaster to be given three points without playing?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 23:48 - Dec 11 with 3843 viewsAtThePeake

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 12:29 - Dec 10 by rochdaleriddler

Let it go

Never.

Tangled up in blue.

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 02:51 - Dec 12 with 3796 viewsfrenzied

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 10:38 - Dec 10 by AtThePeake

I expect no loyalty on the pitch ..definitely not at the highest level..most of the players are mercenaries being touted around by various agents whose interest is to move them on at regular intervals..for a nice big slice of the transfer fee..

You’ll find far more loyalties on the terraces thro thick and thin.

Campbell did the right thing..
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 3683 viewsNigeriamark

Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 02:51 - Dec 12 by frenzied

I expect no loyalty on the pitch ..definitely not at the highest level..most of the players are mercenaries being touted around by various agents whose interest is to move them on at regular intervals..for a nice big slice of the transfer fee..

You’ll find far more loyalties on the terraces thro thick and thin.

Campbell did the right thing..

Interesting article today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331

I think there was another article on here that showed in the final year that Burton were in the Championship, every club ran at a loss that year & the loss was over a Billion. I think Burton lost the least at 100k

Let's see if Bury really sets a precedent & they treat bigger clubs the same way when some inevitably go bust
Macclesfields Punishment for refusing to play on 09:36 - Dec 12 with 3630 viewsSuddenLad

The longer that some clubs chase the impossible dream, the more victims there will be. Instead of being satisfied with Championship football (the impossible dream for others) they all but bankrupt themselves in pursuit of the promised land. They are each responsible for their own fate.

Like a gambling addict shoving endless coins into a slot machine waiting for the 1 in 160,000 chance of the jackpot spin.

You can't have much sympathy for people who put clubs at risk in such a way. As supporters, we all have ambition for our club and we all want that bit more, but not in the way that Bury went about it, or some of the current Championship clubs. Some of those clubs won't exist in 10 years if they carry on like they are. We may even be reduced to 3 EFL leagues if it carries on.

Time for the EFL to wake up and smell the coffee before the 'domino-effect' takes any number of clubs down. Every club, regardless of history, reputation or previous standing, should be treated and punished in exactly the same way for the same breaches of financial regulation. No exceptions. Tighten the regulations and enforce them without favouritism.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024