Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket tour v SA 12:00 - Dec 18 with 25660 viewsD_Alien

Jimmy Anderson back in action since breaking down in August, and taking a wicket in the first warm-up game

Looking forward to this tour, as the team looks to establish a new sense of purpose in the test arena. Ben Stokes had a great tour last time, and should be feeling in good fettle

Incidentally, batting for the SA XI, Matthew Arnold. I wondered what he'd been up to after writing Dover Beach

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cricket tour v SA on 21:44 - Jan 24 with 1840 viewsAtThePeake

Denly fighting for his place now surely? Got to be Crawley dropping down 3rd and Burns back in as opener when he's fit for me. Nice to have an option or two all of a sudden rather than scrambling around for anyone we can find to open as we have for the last god knows how many years.

Tangled up in blue.

Cricket tour v SA on 22:11 - Jan 24 with 1823 viewsD_Alien

Cricket tour v SA on 21:44 - Jan 24 by AtThePeake

Denly fighting for his place now surely? Got to be Crawley dropping down 3rd and Burns back in as opener when he's fit for me. Nice to have an option or two all of a sudden rather than scrambling around for anyone we can find to open as we have for the last god knows how many years.

That's how i see it, or any combo of Sibley/Burns/Crawley at the top of the order

All look at home in the test match arena, which is half the battle

Cricket tour v SA on 22:40 - Jan 24 with 1793 viewsfitzochris

Cricket tour v SA on 22:11 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

That's how i see it, or any combo of Sibley/Burns/Crawley at the top of the order

All look at home in the test match arena, which is half the battle

But if Denly goes, who will bowl leg spin?

Oh yeah, that’s right, Parkinson. Remember him?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Cricket tour v SA on 22:57 - Jan 24 with 1784 viewsD_Alien

Cricket tour v SA on 22:40 - Jan 24 by fitzochris

But if Denly goes, who will bowl leg spin?

Oh yeah, that’s right, Parkinson. Remember him?

Hmm.. not had a great tour, has he

I think to justify a place as a leg-spinner you have to be top class. Never mind Parkinson, whatever happened to Mason Crane?

Cricket tour v SA on 05:26 - Jan 25 with 1750 viewsNigeriamark

Cricket tour v SA on 19:29 - Jan 24 by DaleiLama

Did you get an autograph off the Sports Pottymouth of the Year?

I tried but he told me to piss off
Cricket tour v SA on 10:46 - Jan 25 with 1705 viewsfitzochris

Cricket tour v SA on 22:57 - Jan 24 by D_Alien

Hmm.. not had a great tour, has he

I think to justify a place as a leg-spinner you have to be top class. Never mind Parkinson, whatever happened to Mason Crane?

I think that’s what’s happened here. Even Bess has been dropped for this one, despite his superb performance in the previous Test. Root thinking, ‘well I can bowl a bit of off-spin if we really need it’.

Cricket tour v SA on 12:28 - Jan 25 with 1677 viewsdingdangblue

Broad and Wood game changing partnership here.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cricket tour v SA on 12:31 - Jan 25 with 1671 viewsD_Alien

Cricket tour v SA on 12:28 - Jan 25 by dingdangblue

Broad and Wood game changing partnership here.

Yep, at 318-9 SA are in the match

At 375 (and counting) they're demoralised

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket tour v SA on 12:42 - Jan 25 with 1660 viewsdingdangblue

Cricket tour v SA on 12:31 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Yep, at 318-9 SA are in the match

At 375 (and counting) they're demoralised

Make that 400! 😲

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Cricket tour v SA on 12:47 - Jan 25 with 1657 viewsJames1980

Cricket tour v SA on 12:42 - Jan 25 by dingdangblue

Make that 400! 😲

Have they been bowling the short stuff at Broad?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Cricket tour v SA on 17:10 - Jan 25 with 1587 viewsNigeriamark

Cricket tour v SA on 12:47 - Jan 25 by James1980

Have they been bowling the short stuff at Broad?

When they took the 9th wicket at 319 there was a real spring in the step of the Saffas, but then they lost the plot after wood hit a six and bowled for 30 minutes right in the slot of Broad. The turning point of the game because as D'Alian says they were completely demoralised by that 82 run partnership, as were the crowd.

The bowling by England has been superb and just put pressure on the SA batsmen. 6 down and they haven't even knocked off that 82 run partnership
Cricket tour v SA on 17:47 - Jan 25 with 1574 viewsJames1980

Cricket tour v SA on 17:10 - Jan 25 by Nigeriamark

When they took the 9th wicket at 319 there was a real spring in the step of the Saffas, but then they lost the plot after wood hit a six and bowled for 30 minutes right in the slot of Broad. The turning point of the game because as D'Alian says they were completely demoralised by that 82 run partnership, as were the crowd.

The bowling by England has been superb and just put pressure on the SA batsmen. 6 down and they haven't even knocked off that 82 run partnership

Liklihood we can get them out and enforce the follow on looking high then.
Fingers crossed Broad has lost the fear of the chin music

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Cricket tour v SA on 00:52 - Jan 26 with 1514 viewskiwidale

Cricket tour v SA on 17:10 - Jan 25 by Nigeriamark

With three days to go I would be amazed if England enforced the follow on even if they bowl SA out for under 100.

This is not the time for bickering.

Cricket tour v SA on 06:01 - Jan 26 with 1485 viewsNigeriamark

Cricket tour v SA on 00:52 - Jan 26 by kiwidale

With three days to go I would be amazed if England enforced the follow on even if they bowl SA out for under 100.

The weather report looks good for the last 3 days so England will definitely bat next. We have played well but the South African batsmen have been very poor the whole series
Cricket tour v SA on 10:18 - Jan 26 with 1444 viewsisitme

Good innings by DeKock undone by a great ball by Wood. As the weather forecast is good dat for a day to give the bowlers a rest and wear the pitch a bit more. 5 sessions and a lead of 400+ should be enough.
Cricket tour v SA on 13:24 - Jan 27 with 1355 viewsaleanddale

Cricket tour v SA on 10:18 - Jan 26 by isitme

Good innings by DeKock undone by a great ball by Wood. As the weather forecast is good dat for a day to give the bowlers a rest and wear the pitch a bit more. 5 sessions and a lead of 400+ should be enough.

4 x SA wickets down now day 4 at tea.

Big final session now until close of play let’s hope wood and co rip through this tail.
Cricket tour v SA on 14:54 - Jan 27 with 1331 viewsfitzochris

Yay!

Cricket tour v SA on 14:57 - Jan 27 with 1323 viewsaleanddale

Cricket tour v SA on 14:54 - Jan 27 by fitzochris

Yay!

Epic collapse.

Series win 3-1 well done England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cricket tour v SA on 18:04 - Jan 27 with 1262 viewsNigeriamark

Cricket tour v SA on 13:24 - Jan 27 by aleanddale

4 x SA wickets down now day 4 at tea.

Big final session now until close of play let’s hope wood and co rip through this tail.

12 minutes before tea they were approaching 200 for just 2 down and in those last 3 overs both of the set batsmen went. It was looking slightly dodgy up to then but after tea it was a collapse that we have been used to in the recent past.

Woods MOM & Stokes MO series.

It will be interesting who they select for Sri Lanka. Rumour circulating is that Keaton Jennings is a cert as he can actually play spin and has been in Asia practicing. Probably has miles now that Burns is out although it will be interesting to see if he starts the first test. Butler probably under pressure from Foulks who will be better on a spinning pitch as keeper

This 2 match series is part of the world championship, but looks impossible to catch Australia & India partly due to a ridiculous points and match selection process. A good idea badly implemented & will need to be changed
Cricket tour v SA on 14:22 - Jul 1 with 1047 viewsfitzochris

Anyone else watching this

https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1703010/watch-live-england-men-intra-squa

Good to see a bit of cricket again. James Bracey has looked good so far, which is encouraging.

Cricket tour v SA on 20:53 - Jul 1 with 954 viewsTVOS1907

Talking of cricket, Sir Everton Weekes has passed away this evening, at the grand age of 95.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Cricket tour v SA on 20:56 - Jul 1 with 949 viewsD_Alien

Cricket tour v SA on 20:53 - Jul 1 by TVOS1907

Talking of cricket, Sir Everton Weekes has passed away this evening, at the grand age of 95.

One of the greats, test average of 58. RIP

Cricket tour v SA on 21:04 - Jul 1 with 934 viewsisitme

Cricket tour v SA on 14:22 - Jul 1 by fitzochris

Anyone else watching this

https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/news/1703010/watch-live-england-men-intra-squa

Good to see a bit of cricket again. James Bracey has looked good so far, which is encouraging.

Hopefully the weather holds for the test match next week. It will interesting to see what happens with the seamers across the three tests. I suspect heavy rotation.

Burns/Sibley/Crawley/Denly perm 3 from 4. Who fills in for Root? Will Ali win his place back. So many questions but the start of some decent depth.

The Windies will be a hard test, especially their bowling attack.
Cricket tour v SA on 23:56 - Jul 1 with 893 viewsNigeriamark

Cricket tour v SA on 21:04 - Jul 1 by isitme

Hopefully the weather holds for the test match next week. It will interesting to see what happens with the seamers across the three tests. I suspect heavy rotation.

Burns/Sibley/Crawley/Denly perm 3 from 4. Who fills in for Root? Will Ali win his place back. So many questions but the start of some decent depth.

The Windies will be a hard test, especially their bowling attack.

Looking forward to these tests although I'll only be listening on TMS. We really need the weather to hold up for these & get the game front of mind. Much rather have this than the premier league
Cricket tour v SA on 12:04 - Jul 2 with 812 viewsaleanddale

Think we need a new Thread for the 2020 Summer!!

Looking forward to watching the off break bowler Rahkeem Cornwall.

6ft 6" and 22 stone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024