Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Macc 19:28 - Dec 19 with 6608 viewsmacro

6 point deduction for not playing match and wages. Quick by the efl.
Why did Bolton get a different deduction and why so slow in acting?
Macc on 19:46 - Dec 19 with 5427 viewstodmordendale

Surely, Bolton must receive the same penalty.
What’s sauce for the goose ....
Macc on 20:10 - Dec 19 with 5354 viewskiwidale

A disgraceful decision the speed of which smacks of bias. One rule for Macc a different rule for Bolton.

This is not the time for bickering.

Macc on 22:12 - Dec 19 with 5207 viewsmacro

Price of football tweet stating efl solicitor is a die hard bolton fan
Macc on 22:56 - Dec 19 with 5157 viewsKenBoon

Macc on 22:12 - Dec 19 by macro

Price of football tweet stating efl solicitor is a die hard bolton fan

On the subject of him, he posted this earlier

Macc on 23:20 - Dec 19 with 5116 viewskiwidale

Macc on 22:56 - Dec 19 by KenBoon

Im not sure how much impact the decision to slap a seemingly hasty 6 point penalty on Maccesfield but It's staggering that the EFL Lawyer Nick Price is a die hard Bolton fan.

Taken from his LinkedIn page

Nick Craig
Director of Legal Affairs at The Football League
Preston, United Kingdom500+ connections
The Football League

The Football League
18 years 6 months

Director of Legal Affairs
Jun 2009 — Present10 years 7 months

Sole in house legal representative for The Football League, the regulatory body of professional football in England and Wales, responsible for the administration of the npower Football League, Capital One Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
Sole in house legal representative for The Football League, the regulatory body of professional football in England and Wales, responsible for the administration of the npower Football League, Capital One Cup and Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

This is not the time for bickering.

Macc on 08:39 - Dec 20 with 4896 viewsNigeriamark

Macc on 23:20 - Dec 19 by kiwidale

Im not sure how much impact the decision to slap a seemingly hasty 6 point penalty on Maccesfield but It's staggering that the EFL Lawyer Nick Price is a die hard Bolton fan.

Taken from his LinkedIn page

Nick Craig
Director of Legal Affairs at The Football League
Preston, United Kingdom500+ connections
The Football League

The Football League
18 years 6 months

Director of Legal Affairs
Jun 2009 — Present10 years 7 months

I think it would be difficult to find people who work for football organisations who don't actually support anyone
Macc on 08:46 - Dec 20 with 4895 viewsJames1980

My guess is the difference in punishment is due to the differing circumstances that led to the postponement of games

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Macc on 08:54 - Dec 20 with 4878 viewsDalenet

Macc on 08:46 - Dec 20 by James1980

My guess is the difference in punishment is due to the differing circumstances that led to the postponement of games

The EFL have appealed the Bolton penalty saying it was too lenient. So lets see what happens on that one. I see Macc had some of the points deduction suspended.
Login to get fewer ads

Macc on 08:55 - Dec 20 with 4877 viewsDorislove

Macc on 22:56 - Dec 19 by KenBoon

I had heard this a few weeks back from a WBA fan who is a good mate ,unfortunatly i dont think we see Any of the CD money until late next year,doesnt bode well for cashflow ,nearly 1m sat doing nothing .
Macc on 11:48 - Dec 20 with 4587 viewsParkinsGimp

Should be nailing Notlob. See the Arrogant One start squealing. Yeah its not fair is it? Soon changed his tune from moaning about clubs who over spend and dont keep witin their means.
Macc on 12:39 - Dec 20 with 4457 viewsVivaDonaldo

Macc on 08:55 - Dec 20 by Dorislove

I had heard this a few weeks back from a WBA fan who is a good mate ,unfortunatly i dont think we see Any of the CD money until late next year,doesnt bode well for cashflow ,nearly 1m sat doing nothing .

This sort of a scenario needs to be taken into account by any fan asking "where has the x money gone?"

There's a good chance we haven't even recieved it in full and to rely upon it would be poor business management.
Macc on 12:51 - Dec 20 with 4422 viewsjudd

Macc on 12:39 - Dec 20 by VivaDonaldo

This sort of a scenario needs to be taken into account by any fan asking "where has the x money gone?"

There's a good chance we haven't even recieved it in full and to rely upon it would be poor business management.

I have read several times on this board that the Dawson money was not due to the club until sometime in 2020.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Macc on 15:58 - Dec 20 with 4224 viewsVivaDonaldo

Macc on 12:51 - Dec 20 by judd

I have read several times on this board that the Dawson money was not due to the club until sometime in 2020.

Fair enough if so.

Can the same be said for the adshead, cannon, mcgahey and Hogan (to Villa) money?

I would imagine the way that things are done in installments that portions of all of these may be owing still?
Macc on 16:03 - Dec 20 with 4210 viewsjudd

Macc on 15:58 - Dec 20 by VivaDonaldo

Fair enough if so.

Can the same be said for the adshead, cannon, mcgahey and Hogan (to Villa) money?

I would imagine the way that things are done in installments that portions of all of these may be owing still?

We can only guess on how these sell-on clauses trigger actual cash release. Perhaps it will be disclosed at the forum but I would not criticise the board if they felt it was too commercially sensitive to disclose.

Incoming fees are usually identified in the accounts and at the AGM, I believe.

R17ALE used to say transfer fees were paid 50% on deal, balance within 12 months, so perhaps this applies to sell-on clauses unless agreed otherwise?

Macc on 16:08 - Dec 20 with 4195 viewsDorislove

Macc on 16:03 - Dec 20 by judd

We can only guess on how these sell-on clauses trigger actual cash release. Perhaps it will be disclosed at the forum but I would not criticise the board if they felt it was too commercially sensitive to disclose.

Incoming fees are usually identified in the accounts and at the AGM, I believe.

R17ALE used to say transfer fees were paid 50% on deal, balance within 12 months, so perhaps this applies to sell-on clauses unless agreed otherwise?

Problem with the dawson one ,no fee has been paidso no sell on fee is due until the time agreed by West Brom and Watford.
Macc on 16:13 - Dec 20 with 4176 viewsjudd

Macc on 16:08 - Dec 20 by Dorislove

Problem with the dawson one ,no fee has been paidso no sell on fee is due until the time agreed by West Brom and Watford.

Interesting that no fee has yet been paid.

Macc on 16:22 - Dec 20 with 4135 viewsjudd

Interesting article explaining this fee factoring:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/explained-west-bro

"West Brom's arrangement with the bank is not set to cover a sell-on fee of £479,700 due to Rochdale as part of his move to Watford."

"Under the arrangement of the clubs' transfer agreement, that fee is due to be paid by Watford to the Premier League, also on 1 September 2021, and then passed onto Rochdale.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, the payment of the sell-on fee shall continue to be subject to, and governed by, the terms of the transfer agreement," a draft letter tacked onto the deal reveals."

Macc on 16:31 - Dec 20 with 4112 viewsDorislove

Macc on 16:22 - Dec 20 by judd

Interesting article explaining this fee factoring:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/explained-west-bro

"West Brom's arrangement with the bank is not set to cover a sell-on fee of £479,700 due to Rochdale as part of his move to Watford."

"Under the arrangement of the clubs' transfer agreement, that fee is due to be paid by Watford to the Premier League, also on 1 September 2021, and then passed onto Rochdale.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, the payment of the sell-on fee shall continue to be subject to, and governed by, the terms of the transfer agreement," a draft letter tacked onto the deal reveals."

Is this part 1 of the deal ,Watford paid 5.5m for Dawson according to Wiki and we sold him for ??? 750k i dont really know. 20% the difference ( guess again) is 950k divided by 2 = 475k close enough.When does part 2 get paid 1 9 2022 ??
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 16:32]
Macc on 16:37 - Dec 20 with 4071 viewsjudd

Macc on 16:31 - Dec 20 by Dorislove

Is this part 1 of the deal ,Watford paid 5.5m for Dawson according to Wiki and we sold him for ??? 750k i dont really know. 20% the difference ( guess again) is 950k divided by 2 = 475k close enough.When does part 2 get paid 1 9 2022 ??
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 16:32]

No idea.

Dawson was sold in July this year. If the first payment was due on 1.9.20 then that's 14 months for the first 50% to be paid.

From that article, the Premier league receives the sell on fee before passing it on to us. That makes sense in ring fencing it.

But how will that work if Watford are relegated and playing at a lower level when the money is due?

Macc on 16:49 - Dec 20 with 4037 viewsD_Alien

Macc on 16:37 - Dec 20 by judd

No idea.

Dawson was sold in July this year. If the first payment was due on 1.9.20 then that's 14 months for the first 50% to be paid.

From that article, the Premier league receives the sell on fee before passing it on to us. That makes sense in ring fencing it.

But how will that work if Watford are relegated and playing at a lower level when the money is due?

Hmm... I guess the expectation would be that the sell-on figure would apply to league status at the point of transfer, but it's possible it mightn't?

Anyone with a legal head know if the t&c's of future deals can be applied retrospectively to the terms that Dale agreed with West Brom?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Macc on 16:57 - Dec 20 with 4025 viewsjudd

Macc on 16:49 - Dec 20 by D_Alien

Hmm... I guess the expectation would be that the sell-on figure would apply to league status at the point of transfer, but it's possible it mightn't?

Anyone with a legal head know if the t&c's of future deals can be applied retrospectively to the terms that Dale agreed with West Brom?

Again, can only guess.

I take it that the article infers sell-on fees are protected from going directly to the club selling the player in case it may have cash flow issues at that time, and therefore the (probably) smaller club having to wait for their slice, so the league body is the creditor and can wield more power than the club owed the sell on fee, which is good news.

Macc on 17:10 - Dec 20 with 3994 viewsVivaDonaldo

Nonetheless, this demonstrates how convoluted transfer dealings can be these days.

Even if not included in the presentation in January it should be borne in mind?

Not all windfalls are immediately available. Hence certain immediate opportunities for cash (cup runs/tv) could be immediately ring fenced as a safety net for the current season and potentially the next?
Macc on 17:15 - Dec 20 with 3965 viewsD_Alien

Macc on 17:10 - Dec 20 by VivaDonaldo

Nonetheless, this demonstrates how convoluted transfer dealings can be these days.

Not all windfalls are immediately available. Hence certain immediate opportunities for cash (cup runs/tv) could be immediately ring fenced as a safety net for the current season and potentially the next?

And it's as well that this type of potential pitfall with transfers is aired on here prior to the forum in January

It also raises the concern that reliance on a youth policy with sell-on clauses if a seemingly lucrative transfer arises isn't the most solid foundation on which to build future income

Should be fascinating to see how this is viewed by the club

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Macc on 17:47 - Dec 20 with 3881 viewsCleedale

Macc on 16:37 - Dec 20 by judd

No idea.

Re-your last line judd, I think that even if Watford finish bottom of the Prem they get over £100M. Know that when Sunderland did, they got £99M. I assume that the 3 - 4 year parachute payments are on top of that but these can get withdrawn (I think)? if there's a subsequent promotion back from the Champ.

At the end of the day we're down the food-chain - a tad like a sole trader being told the cheque's in the post or doing work where firms demand 90 days credit!

But, it could benefit us in other ways, (this getting monies drip-fed), as it probably suits the way the club has had to be over the years in surviving.
Macc on 17:55 - Dec 20 with 3860 viewsjudd

Macc on 17:10 - Dec 20 by VivaDonaldo

What is does tell me is that a newspaper in Birmingham published details of our windfall, the amount, when it is due, who will pay it.

I've not been clamouring for cash to be spent immediately. I expect the decision makers to stand or fall by their decisions on cash management.

What I have been bleating on about is the incessant cash grab from fans, most notably the £1040 ANNUAL saving on a previous arrangement for Goldbond agents, at least one of whom is just about to embark on another 2+ hour jaunt in the rain sometimes forlonly knocking on doors and dragging cash in on a weekly basis.

/bleat over
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 23:48]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024