Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever? 07:53 - Dec 20 with 3635 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I like this, it could be a regular slot.
...anyway my question is, and it’s a genuine one, other than Calvin have we ever had a centre forward who has not scored for over a year, and played of course (not long term injury etc.)?
I can’t think of one.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 7:59]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Have we ever? on 08:21 - Dec 20 with 3583 viewsdingdangblue

Can he even be classed as a centre forward under BBM anymore? He's come off the bench last season and this and gone into defence. He's even started in defence at Wimbledon!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 8:40]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Have we ever? on 08:56 - Dec 20 with 3528 viewsoddjob007

Paul Tait?
Rory Patterson?
Have we ever? on 09:25 - Dec 20 with 3476 viewsdingdangblue

He didn't 'not score over a year' but remember Mark Leonard being fairly useless considering when he signed for us he was supposed to cement our 1st promotion out of the basement division in decades. He did the opposite! He contributed to us not going up. We somehow persuaded Preston to sign him for £50k!
His overall stats (he returned under Barrow) for a forward were rubbish,!
72 appearances 6 goals.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Have we ever? on 09:43 - Dec 20 with 3445 viewsSuddenLad

Les Lawrence ?
Vernon Allatt ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Have we ever? on 10:20 - Dec 20 with 3392 viewsTVOS1907

Have we ever? on 09:43 - Dec 20 by SuddenLad

Les Lawrence ?
Vernon Allatt ?

Lawrence was only with us for about four months!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Have we ever? on 10:28 - Dec 20 with 3377 viewsdawlishdale

According to the official site, Matt Done hasn't scored a league goal for us this season, nor has Alby. Add these two to the prolific Calvin and it's no wonder that everyone is clamouring for additional funds to be made available in January.
Have we ever? on 10:36 - Dec 20 with 3358 viewsdingdangblue

Have we ever? on 10:28 - Dec 20 by dawlishdale

According to the official site, Matt Done hasn't scored a league goal for us this season, nor has Alby. Add these two to the prolific Calvin and it's no wonder that everyone is clamouring for additional funds to be made available in January.

Add Pyke and you have the toothless trio.

Thank the lord for Hendo. (Any news on his injury)?

Have we ever? on 10:38 - Dec 20 with 3348 viewsfermin

Have we ever? on 09:25 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

He didn't 'not score over a year' but remember Mark Leonard being fairly useless considering when he signed for us he was supposed to cement our 1st promotion out of the basement division in decades. He did the opposite! He contributed to us not going up. We somehow persuaded Preston to sign him for £50k!
His overall stats (he returned under Barrow) for a forward were rubbish,!
72 appearances 6 goals.

I remember going to a midweek game at Carlisle when he scored a goal and I believe everyone was in a state of shock!

Bradford's view of 'Zico' http://www.boyfrombrazil.co.uk/2011/06/mark-leonard-for-one-night-only/ including this famous (to them) goal against Everton in 1988 (at 1:24). He is also highlighted in the game introduction.

I see the match was refereed by Dale fan Mr Redfearn.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 10:42]
Login to get fewer ads

Have we ever? on 10:42 - Dec 20 with 3328 viewsSuddenLad

Have we ever? on 10:20 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

Lawrence was only with us for about four months!

Seemed like a decade at the time

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Have we ever? on 11:52 - Dec 20 with 3186 viewstony_roch975

Have we ever? on 10:36 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

Add Pyke and you have the toothless trio.

Thank the lord for Hendo. (Any news on his injury)?

Think Pyke has scored 4 (4th highest) & Done 1?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2019 11:54]

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Have we ever? on 12:03 - Dec 20 with 3148 viewsdingdangblue

Have we ever? on 11:52 - Dec 20 by tony_roch975

Pyke has 1 goal in 12 league apps.
1 goal in the tin pot trophy
1 goal in the league cup

Have we ever? on 13:11 - Dec 20 with 3018 viewsdawlishdale

Have we ever? on 11:52 - Dec 20 by tony_roch975

Done hasn't scored in the league.
Have we ever? on 13:19 - Dec 20 with 2994 viewsAtThePeake

Have we ever? on 12:03 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

Pyke has 1 goal in 12 league apps.
1 goal in the tin pot trophy
1 goal in the league cup

Hendo is desperate for some support. I think we're pretty well covered in defence and midfield (although we've been unlucky with injuries in these areas) but the quality around Hendo in the attacking areas is non-existent.

Tangled up in blue.

Have we ever? on 13:29 - Dec 20 with 2961 viewstony_roch975

Have we ever? on 13:19 - Dec 20 by AtThePeake

Hendo is desperate for some support. I think we're pretty well covered in defence and midfield (although we've been unlucky with injuries in these areas) but the quality around Hendo in the attacking areas is non-existent.

agree - I was responding to DDBs post lumping Pyke with Alby, Calvin & Done as 'toothless' when he has scored more goals than the other 3 put together, all be it not in the league and despite his promise being frustratingly unfulfilled as many have noted.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Have we ever? on 13:46 - Dec 20 with 2934 viewsdingdangblue

Have we ever? on 13:29 - Dec 20 by tony_roch975

agree - I was responding to DDBs post lumping Pyke with Alby, Calvin & Done as 'toothless' when he has scored more goals than the other 3 put together, all be it not in the league and despite his promise being frustratingly unfulfilled as many have noted.

I wouldn't mind Pyke not scoring any if he looked Fooking interested - he's quick, fairly big, looks athletic but for some reason he looks like he cant be arsed. Whether he's playing well within himself because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get injured again I do not know but he needs to snap out of it if he wants get anywhere in the game. Lack of ability I can take as I've seen it all before - lack of effort is unforgivable.

Have we ever? on 15:02 - Dec 20 with 2797 viewsisitme

Have we ever? on 13:46 - Dec 20 by dingdangblue

I wouldn't mind Pyke not scoring any if he looked Fooking interested - he's quick, fairly big, looks athletic but for some reason he looks like he cant be arsed. Whether he's playing well within himself because he's made of glass and doesn't want to get injured again I do not know but he needs to snap out of it if he wants get anywhere in the game. Lack of ability I can take as I've seen it all before - lack of effort is unforgivable.

I will not let me uptick this post enough times.

When well paid contract a Huddersfield expires and he ends up as a non league player perhaps he will wake up then.
Have we ever? on 15:05 - Dec 20 with 2791 viewsAtThePeake

I'm not even convinced he's that quick. I've lost count of the amount of times, particularly in away matches when we have a bit more space to run in behind, where he has been played through for a one-on-one but the defender has caught up to him before he could get a shot away.

Maybe he just looks quick since our other four forwards are aged 31, 33, 34 and 40!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Have we ever? on 16:02 - Dec 20 with 2648 viewssweetcorn

We desperately need some forward players, preferably wingers with an eye for goal, as it appears Henderson will be playing centrally, given we've seen the 40 year old alby on the wing to accommodate it.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Have we ever? on 18:52 - Dec 20 with 2524 viewsShun

Have we ever? on 15:05 - Dec 20 by AtThePeake

I'm not even convinced he's that quick. I've lost count of the amount of times, particularly in away matches when we have a bit more space to run in behind, where he has been played through for a one-on-one but the defender has caught up to him before he could get a shot away.

Maybe he just looks quick since our other four forwards are aged 31, 33, 34 and 40!

This post has been edited by an administrator

I did wonder why the commentators against Boston kept referring to Pyke as a pacy forward!
Have we ever? on 20:28 - Dec 20 with 2445 viewsRAFC1907

Have we ever? on 10:28 - Dec 20 by dawlishdale

And the board keep feeding us bullsh1t about our wage budget being the best its ever been......... But if people choose to believe that....

Your correct its no wonder at all

Poll: Bottomley...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024