Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your valuation of Matheson? 19:20 - Jan 15 with 3707 viewsRAFC1907

What's your valuation of Matheson?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Bottomley...

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 19:59 - Jan 15 with 3597 viewsblackdogblue

Didn’t vote as there wasn’t a less then £500k..

Based on what Dan Adshead another England youth international went for reportable on here, £250k would see him gone ...

Sad but true (cue Metallica links)

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 20:02 - Jan 15 with 3587 views49thseason

Not that it matters what we think he is worth. It's a question of how much someone is prepared to pay, and perhaps more crucially how much the Board are prepared to accept.

BTW, Man United paid £31M for 18 years old Luke Shaw from Southampton 6 years ago. Shaw has played 83 times and scored ....1. (according to wiki) that's £373,493 per appearance plus wages!
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 20:47 - Jan 15 with 3461 viewsSaxonDale

Where’s the £300,000 option?
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 20:48 - Jan 15 with 3451 viewsJames1980

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 20:47 - Jan 15 by SaxonDale

Where’s the £300,000 option?

Plus add ons don't forget the add ons

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:04 - Jan 16 with 3041 viewsjonahwhereru

I had to put 500k, when I would have said 800k. An option of less than 1 million might have produced a more representative result.
I said on the thread about our strongest side I would play McLaughlin ahead of Matheson. The former was a free from Blackpool. Every team in the Premier and others in the championship will have promising fullbacks under the age of 20. The difference in value of a very promising 17 year old v 19 year old is small. I would imagine there are at least a dozen players that could be loaned out L1 teams who could do a similar job to Luke. Look at RND he is rightly considered a young talent and tbh I think he is a bigger miss to us than Luke when he doesnt play. I would value him no differently to Luke. Given our defence there is no way we have two fullbacks on the books who are worth 3 million plus between them at this stage of there careers. Luke has grabbed headlines but if a potential buyer looked back at the highlights of the games he has played the reality is he is not ready to take a place in a decent championship side. He will be a very good player but the valuation some put on him is on the promise alone, not what he can do now.
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:21 - Jan 16 with 3014 viewsAtThePeake

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:04 - Jan 16 by jonahwhereru

I had to put 500k, when I would have said 800k. An option of less than 1 million might have produced a more representative result.
I said on the thread about our strongest side I would play McLaughlin ahead of Matheson. The former was a free from Blackpool. Every team in the Premier and others in the championship will have promising fullbacks under the age of 20. The difference in value of a very promising 17 year old v 19 year old is small. I would imagine there are at least a dozen players that could be loaned out L1 teams who could do a similar job to Luke. Look at RND he is rightly considered a young talent and tbh I think he is a bigger miss to us than Luke when he doesnt play. I would value him no differently to Luke. Given our defence there is no way we have two fullbacks on the books who are worth 3 million plus between them at this stage of there careers. Luke has grabbed headlines but if a potential buyer looked back at the highlights of the games he has played the reality is he is not ready to take a place in a decent championship side. He will be a very good player but the valuation some put on him is on the promise alone, not what he can do now.

Nobody will be signing him to take a place in a decent Championship side right now though. The valuation people are putting on him is based on promise - because a Premier League club are far more likely to buy on a player's promise rather than a player who has proven themselves at League One level.

As for RND, he's certainly a more important player to us than Luke right now - but it's worth noting that he is four years older than him (in terms of school/academy years). Who knows where Luke could be with another four years of development at an elite academy?

Tangled up in blue.

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:31 - Jan 16 with 2990 viewssweetcorn

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 20:02 - Jan 15 by 49thseason

Not that it matters what we think he is worth. It's a question of how much someone is prepared to pay, and perhaps more crucially how much the Board are prepared to accept.

BTW, Man United paid £31M for 18 years old Luke Shaw from Southampton 6 years ago. Shaw has played 83 times and scored ....1. (according to wiki) that's £373,493 per appearance plus wages!

Luke Shaw was tearing up the premier league and already in the senior England squad.

If we're going to sell Matheson any time soon, it should be this window with an 18-month loan back. The lads stock is as high as its ever going to be and I only see his value going lower over time.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:50 - Jan 16 with 2949 viewsrochdaleriddler

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:31 - Jan 16 by sweetcorn

Luke Shaw was tearing up the premier league and already in the senior England squad.

If we're going to sell Matheson any time soon, it should be this window with an 18-month loan back. The lads stock is as high as its ever going to be and I only see his value going lower over time.

Surely the counter to that is that the more he plays, the better he gets, especially if the team isn’t struggling through injuries. We shall see!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 11:52 - Jan 16 with 2879 viewsscooby

£300k - £100k to Hill, £100k to Agent, £100 to club. Oh wait, that was the Man U offer a while back...

£350k plus a load of add on's. Wont get much more than that due to his age anyway
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 12:51]
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 11:59 - Jan 16 with 2868 viewselectricblue

I can see matheson going for £500k plus addons.
Its the addons that are what keep the club going in the coming years but due Mathesons age i think it would be more prudent if the club sold him for a muvh higher fee with reduced addons percentages..
Reason is down to Mathesons age as i can see him moving to a championship side or a lower prem team and then we dont hear anything for a number of seasons as they will want to develop his abilities further.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 2785 viewssweetcorn

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:50 - Jan 16 by rochdaleriddler

Surely the counter to that is that the more he plays, the better he gets, especially if the team isn’t struggling through injuries. We shall see!

He may not get the chance to perform against the better players in the coming years. His stock is at its ceiling currently in my opinion, I think we'd be wise to cash in now.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 15:00 - Jan 16 with 2620 viewsmingthemerciless

I wouldn't like to put a figure on it because I haven't seen much of the lad. What I have seen I like a lot. He's got real pace over the ground and he's got pace between the ears as well. That's just as important. He's a good little footballer who will probably move into central midfield when gets older. There's no certainties with young players but I'll eat my boots if he doesn't play at a higher level regularly.

Somebody higher up the food chain will take a chance on him before long
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 15:29]
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 18:20 - Jan 16 with 2483 viewsShun

What's your valuation of Matheson? on 11:59 - Jan 16 by electricblue

I can see matheson going for £500k plus addons.
Its the addons that are what keep the club going in the coming years but due Mathesons age i think it would be more prudent if the club sold him for a muvh higher fee with reduced addons percentages..
Reason is down to Mathesons age as i can see him moving to a championship side or a lower prem team and then we dont hear anything for a number of seasons as they will want to develop his abilities further.....

If he goes for anything less than £1m (and realistically, not approaching or in the multi-millions) plus our usual add-ons, then the board should be absolutely embarrassed and need to seriously examine their negotiating.

We’ve developed a golden egg, let’s not sell him as though he’s a creme egg.
What's your valuation of Matheson? on 10:05 - Jan 18 with 2218 viewsJames1980

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/manchester-u

Man Utd have offered £25 million for a 16 year old Birmingham midfielder
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 11:30]

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024