Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Wycombe Away 10:52 - Jan 16 with 25464 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Preview: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 10:46
Dale return to league action after our FA Cup exploits at Newcastle in midweek with a trip down to high flyers Wycombe Wanderers. 0

Played For Both: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 16th Jan 2020 18:00
Our latest “Played For Both” see us take a look back at a former Daley and a former Chairboy. 0

Refwatch: Wycombe Wanderers v Dale 17th Jan 2020 14:00
Craig Hicks is the man in the middle when Dale travel to Wycombe Wanderers on Saturday. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 2388 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:03 - Jan 18 by KenBoon

Calvin Andrew needs loaning out or buy out his contract. He's getting in the way as a non-goal scoring forward. We no longer need a tall lad who can win headers in his own box. He is therefore surplus to requirements. Lovely fella (unless you're a gobshite in a biffo shirt) but isn't doing his job.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:05]

What an awful ending.....AGAIN!

At least we have the new boy coming in on Monday so Calvin will be benched.

By god we need him.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 2394 views1907

Really, really frustrating that.

We’d done such a good job and pretty much nullified their attack threat. I’ve never seen us do so well against Akinfenwa before!

McShane & O’Connell were outstanding and dealt with everything.

We played some good stuff and should have scored a couple more. Andrew improves second half but he did miss 3 good chances in all.

Can’t believe we’re coming away from that game with nothing.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:05 - Jan 18 with 2394 viewsregjenkins

Before we start to take the youngster to bits just remember that the aging forwards with experience to bury n may have had the game tucked up in bed before the 93rd minute.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:06 - Jan 18 with 2358 viewsJames1980

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:00 - Jan 18 by Dale23years

Matterson again, stupid tackle

Don't they make cooked meat products?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:07 - Jan 18 with 2342 viewsfitzochris

That was so unjust. We actually played alright. Calvin not being able to score and Luke’s late mistake the difference really.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:08 - Jan 18 with 2285 viewsD_Alien

Just as well other results for teams in the dogfight went our way. A point would've been excellent and a boost to our morale; instead...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 2213 viewsmikehunt

That would be an interesting stat: How many points dropped in the last five minutes this season.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:12 - Jan 18 with 2207 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:05 - Jan 18 by regjenkins

Before we start to take the youngster to bits just remember that the aging forwards with experience to bury n may have had the game tucked up in bed before the 93rd minute.

Tavares was woeful when he came on.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:21 - Jan 18 with 2099 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:12 - Jan 18 by 1907

I don't think we really need to lay into the youngsters, they're just kids who in an ideal world wouldn't be anywhere near a struggling team on a regular basis. Unfortunately circumstances dictate otherwise and we'll just have to lump the wild swings in form (and rash challenges) whilst they're still learning the game.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 2071 viewsalderleydale

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 15:54 - Jan 18 by 1907

The equaliser was coming. Keohane & RND getting there run around and not dealing with their right hand side well at all. We’ve played pretty well to be honest, although we’ve not defended great on a truly terrible pitch.

Their goal was a cross-come-shot that Sanchez would probably have got a hand too. Lunches distribution is so much better though.

Calvin has missed two great chances he should have done much, much better with.

He's not capable of doing any better.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:22 - Jan 18 with 2062 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:21 - Jan 18 by richfoad32

I don't think we really need to lay into the youngsters, they're just kids who in an ideal world wouldn't be anywhere near a struggling team on a regular basis. Unfortunately circumstances dictate otherwise and we'll just have to lump the wild swings in form (and rash challenges) whilst they're still learning the game.

I’m not “laying into kids” I’m expressing an opinion from what I have just witnessed.

I’ve given Tavares plenty of plaudits off other performances, however he was really poor when he came on today unfortunately.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:24 - Jan 18 with 2020 viewsBrierls

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:05 - Jan 18 by 1907

Really, really frustrating that.

We’d done such a good job and pretty much nullified their attack threat. I’ve never seen us do so well against Akinfenwa before!

McShane & O’Connell were outstanding and dealt with everything.

We played some good stuff and should have scored a couple more. Andrew improves second half but he did miss 3 good chances in all.

Can’t believe we’re coming away from that game with nothing.

Think that sums up the game pretty well, especially the comments on Calvin.

If we have somebody (anybody) playing in place of Calvin, and Camps/Morley playing in place of Keohane (now that he’s playing in midfield) then we’re travelling home with 3 points.

Woefully short of options off the bench. Tavares is a Tesco Value version of Clive Moyo-Modise.

Positives...the O’Connell/McShane partnership is up there with the best we’ve had. Matheson, daft challenge apart, had a very good game. Ryan and MJ had good games in midfield, a hope Ryan is just suffering from a knock and not a strain.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:25 - Jan 18 with 1993 viewsscarrow

A draw would have been a fair result.

Poll: Final position

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:27 - Jan 18 with 1971 viewsoddjob007

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:22 - Jan 18 by 1907

I’m not “laying into kids” I’m expressing an opinion from what I have just witnessed.

I’ve given Tavares plenty of plaudits off other performances, however he was really poor when he came on today unfortunately.

We’re in danger of destroying Matheson as we are far too reliant on him playing week in week out.

If I was his dad I’d be furious we are putting his lad in these positions at his young age.

We are stuck with the crock that is Mclaughlin unfortunately. The right back position needs addressing urgently.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:29 - Jan 18 with 1936 viewsborntogo

Much the same as the timid 'beaten before we start' mindset we showed at Newcastle, conceding late goals is largely a psychological issue.

Good teams, whatever the score and whatever the stage of the match, push on and play progressively in search of another goal.

Poor teams, above all else, consolidate and retreat further back because they do not believe in themselves enough to hold on to a draw or extend a lead. As we all know, this invariably leads to the very thing they are trying most to avoid - conceding a goal.

It is a manager's job or someone he specifically delegates to instill self-belief and encourage a more positive outlook. Clearly, BBM isn't very good as this as it happens again and again.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:31 - Jan 18 with 1916 viewsrichfoad32

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:22 - Jan 18 by 1907

OK, fair enough. Sorry.

Tavares and Baah both need more seasoning in the youth team and shouldn't be starting or first options off the bench. Our attacking options are really depressing with Alby seemingly unable to string together a run of consecutive appearances any more. I hope Smith proves a decent acqusition.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:31 - Jan 18 with 1898 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:27 - Jan 18 by oddjob007

We’re in danger of destroying Matheson as we are far too reliant on him playing week in week out.

If I was his dad I’d be furious we are putting his lad in these positions at his young age.

We are stuck with the crock that is Mclaughlin unfortunately. The right back position needs addressing urgently.

What’s that got to do with Matheson lunging in, unnecessarily, in the last minute & costing us the game. He has to learn.

Once you see it back you’ll see how daft it really was.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 1872 viewsBrierls

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:29 - Jan 18 by borntogo

Much the same as the timid 'beaten before we start' mindset we showed at Newcastle, conceding late goals is largely a psychological issue.

Good teams, whatever the score and whatever the stage of the match, push on and play progressively in search of another goal.

Poor teams, above all else, consolidate and retreat further back because they do not believe in themselves enough to hold on to a draw or extend a lead. As we all know, this invariably leads to the very thing they are trying most to avoid - conceding a goal.

It is a manager's job or someone he specifically delegates to instill self-belief and encourage a more positive outlook. Clearly, BBM isn't very good as this as it happens again and again.

Did you watch the game?

We conceded in the 94th minute due to bombing forward in the 92nd minute and losing the ball, with almost everybody committed to getting a winner.

We were not retreating further back or trying to hold onto the draw.

In summary, you’re talking bollocks!
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:33 - Jan 18 with 1858 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:31 - Jan 18 by richfoad32

OK, fair enough. Sorry.

Tavares and Baah both need more seasoning in the youth team and shouldn't be starting or first options off the bench. Our attacking options are really depressing with Alby seemingly unable to string together a run of consecutive appearances any more. I hope Smith proves a decent acqusition.

I actually like Tavares and he clearly believes in himself. He has ability and looks like he could become a good player. Agreed in an ideal world they wouldn’t be having to be relied upon, however I’m sure they’re more than grateful of the opportunity.

He will watch that performance back though and be disappointed.

Fingers crossed he learns from it.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:36 - Jan 18 with 1818 viewssince58

If hilly had that much faith in Calvin by extending his contract why the fook has he
not come in for him on loan me wonders.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:37 - Jan 18 with 1814 viewsscarrow

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:31 - Jan 18 by 1907

What’s that got to do with Matheson lunging in, unnecessarily, in the last minute & costing us the game. He has to learn.

Once you see it back you’ll see how daft it really was.

You really dislike him for some reason.

Poll: Final position

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:39 - Jan 18 with 1780 viewsBrierls

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:31 - Jan 18 by richfoad32

OK, fair enough. Sorry.

Since his seemingly slow recovery from a calf problem I think Alby is able to play in consecutive games. The death and subsequent funeral (yesterday, so he couldn’t travel) of his mother has been his reason for not being available.

I agree on the lack of options though. Baah has been a breath of fresh air but has had more exposure to the first team than I’d normally expect, whereas Tavares is miles from ready if he ever will be. Calvin isn’t actually an option, sadly.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 17:40]
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 1774 viewsregjenkins

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:12 - Jan 18 by 1907

Travares is by and large woeful. I did mean Luke as the youngster responsible for throwing the point. Move on to next saturday and maybe the new loan striker may make the difference.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 18 with 1764 views1907

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:37 - Jan 18 by scarrow

You really dislike him for some reason.

Are you mad? I love Matheson, he’s the best prospect we’ve ever had.

I dislike him for saying I want him to stop lunging in giving penalties away in the last minute? Get a grip.
Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:43 - Jan 18 with 1719 viewsBrierls

Match Thread - Wycombe Away on 17:40 - Jan 18 by regjenkins

Travares is by and large woeful. I did mean Luke as the youngster responsible for throwing the point. Move on to next saturday and maybe the new loan striker may make the difference.

Do you think we could swap him for the Fabio Tavares at Liverpool? Worth a shot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024