Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract Extension - McShane 17:28 - Jan 16 with 12343 viewssweetcorn

Hoping its Henderson penning the final deal of his career and closing the door on any potential suitors
[Post edited 16 Jan 2020 17:42]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Contract Extension - McShane on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 2155 viewsVivaDonaldo

Contract Extension - McShane on 19:47 - Jan 17 by rochedale

Erm, I didn’t realise I was portraying anything, and didn’t really check in detail other posts about McGahey as I initially posted my opinion on what I thought PS’s contract would cover, but was shot down by an in the know qualified journalist. But, seeing as you’re on about McGahey, my opinion is that he was overrated and no big loss.

Everything except the first line was in response to D'Alien. Apologies for the confusion.
Contract Extension - McShane on 19:51 - Jan 17 with 2144 viewsrochedale

Contract Extension - McShane on 19:49 - Jan 17 by VivaDonaldo

Everything except the first line was in response to D'Alien. Apologies for the confusion.

No Sweat.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Contract Extension - McShane on 20:00 - Jan 17 with 2108 viewskiwidale

Contract Extension - McShane on 19:29 - Jan 17 by VivaDonaldo

He tends to reach for the thesaurus when he's riled.

Like I'd said he caught the eye and some fans will have appreciated his pace covering his mistakes.

I try and back all the players and support them when they're at the club but his deficiencies were there to be seen.

The opinions of others don't worry me, all I've done in this thread it's to say that I felt the things you were portraying as fact were your own opinion.

I presume you'd checked the previous posts of individuals on this thread that have expressed an opinion about McGahey so that you can assert your fact that they've changed their mind to get some kudos?

Anyway, isn't that the point of opinions? They can be reconsidered and changed based on facts? Unless the person is too pig-headed to back down that is.

"He tends to reach for the thesaurus when he's riled."

I genuinely laughed out load reading that. I still am

This is not the time for bickering.

Contract Extension - McShane on 20:44 - Jan 17 with 2022 viewsdingdangblue

Contract Extension - McShane on 19:29 - Jan 17 by VivaDonaldo

He tends to reach for the thesaurus when he's riled.

Like I'd said he caught the eye and some fans will have appreciated his pace covering his mistakes.

I try and back all the players and support them when they're at the club but his deficiencies were there to be seen.

The opinions of others don't worry me, all I've done in this thread it's to say that I felt the things you were portraying as fact were your own opinion.

I presume you'd checked the previous posts of individuals on this thread that have expressed an opinion about McGahey so that you can assert your fact that they've changed their mind to get some kudos?

Anyway, isn't that the point of opinions? They can be reconsidered and changed based on facts? Unless the person is too pig-headed to back down that is.

Capital T

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Contract Extension - McShane on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 2022 viewssweetcorn

Contract Extension - McShane on 16:30 - Jan 17 by DaleyBrent

As has been mentioned, McGahey was a huge problem for us. His pace got him out of a lot of situations. McNulty's errors were perhaps more high profile but came every 1/15 games where as McGahey was small mistakes every 15 minutes!

On a positive note, we seem to have quite a solid defensive unit to pick from now.

Sorry but that's nonsense.

Contract Extension - McShane on 20:50 - Jan 17 with 2009 viewssweetcorn

Contract Extension - McShane on 17:21 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

I was citing the FACT that there were mainly positive post-match reviews of McGahey on here on a very regular basis. He wasn't the greatest in the world but he did well for us in the main, with the odd mistake like any other defender at our level

If you disagree about that FACT, you might wish to waste your time by searching back through the Match Threads whilst he was here, but i've saved you the trouble

Only need to have a read of the thread confirming he had departed, plenty of disappointed posters and if I remember rightly I'm sure there were a few slagging the board for selling one of our better players.

It appears people are rewriting history now in hindsight given how he's got on. I personally wasn't too miffed as long as we got a good fee. McGahey was a decent CB and certainly made less mistakes than McNulty in his time here

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:29 - Jan 17 with 1842 viewsD_Alien

Contract Extension - McShane on 20:50 - Jan 17 by sweetcorn

Only need to have a read of the thread confirming he had departed, plenty of disappointed posters and if I remember rightly I'm sure there were a few slagging the board for selling one of our better players.

It appears people are rewriting history now in hindsight given how he's got on. I personally wasn't too miffed as long as we got a good fee. McGahey was a decent CB and certainly made less mistakes than McNulty in his time here

tbf i wasn't that arsed about him leaving either

If it wasn't for the FACT i'm a pig-headed tw@t i wouldn't have been arsed pointing out the errors of those who can't remember back this time last year

I'm consoled by the FACT those in error have made kiwi laugh, which tells me all i need to KNOW

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:36 - Jan 17 with 1822 viewsBrierls

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:29 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

tbf i wasn't that arsed about him leaving either

If it wasn't for the FACT i'm a pig-headed tw@t i wouldn't have been arsed pointing out the errors of those who can't remember back this time last year

I'm consoled by the FACT those in error have made kiwi laugh, which tells me all i need to KNOW

I don’t know if you’re acting out a parody of yourself or not. It was funny tbf, mainly because it’s true. Doesn’t make points any less valid.

McGahey was a decent player for us. He was nowhere near as good as he should have been, with the physical attributes he has, but I thought we were a better side with him in it because of his pace. With hindsight, I’d snap your hand off for defenders who read the game better who have infinitely less pace e.g. O’Connell.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:59 - Jan 17 with 1764 viewsD_Alien

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:36 - Jan 17 by Brierls

I don’t know if you’re acting out a parody of yourself or not. It was funny tbf, mainly because it’s true. Doesn’t make points any less valid.

McGahey was a decent player for us. He was nowhere near as good as he should have been, with the physical attributes he has, but I thought we were a better side with him in it because of his pace. With hindsight, I’d snap your hand off for defenders who read the game better who have infinitely less pace e.g. O’Connell.

Pretty much agree with that analysis of McGahey. The point at issue was whether he was held in similar regard by the majority of those who post on here

Believe me, however rib-tickled people might be about me having thesaurian tendencies, it amuses me to a far greater extent to know i'm right and there's f*ck all they can say in response to that

Contract Extension - McShane on 23:06 - Jan 17 with 1734 viewsJames1980

My opinion is I have recently our squad has been like a jigsaw or play
All players or pieces have to be available for the tactics or picture to be in place. If an injury occurs the understudy is often not able to play the part as well as the lead

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contract Extension - McShane on 23:29 - Jan 17 with 1706 views_Windydale

Contract Extension - McShane on 23:06 - Jan 17 by James1980

My opinion is I have recently our squad has been like a jigsaw or play
All players or pieces have to be available for the tactics or picture to be in place. If an injury occurs the understudy is often not able to play the part as well as the lead

Same goes for films....Sean Connery to George Lazenby (James Bond). A disastrous replacement.
Contract Extension - McShane on 23:34 - Jan 17 with 1690 viewsJames1980

Contract Extension - McShane on 23:29 - Jan 17 by _Windydale

Same goes for films....Sean Connery to George Lazenby (James Bond). A disastrous replacement.

Female Bond?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Contract Extension - McShane on 00:09 - Jan 18 with 1647 views_Windydale

Don't know.. ..He shags about with bed-hopping ease, he kills without a second thought and keeps his feelings Britishly locked up. Unsure if there could be a female version. Maybe icy Victoria Beckham, Emma watson or Naomi Campbell.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 0:11]
Contract Extension - McShane on 00:16 - Jan 18 with 1639 viewsVivaDonaldo

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:59 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Pretty much agree with that analysis of McGahey. The point at issue was whether he was held in similar regard by the majority of those who post on here

Believe me, however rib-tickled people might be about me having thesaurian tendencies, it amuses me to a far greater extent to know i'm right and there's f*ck all they can say in response to that

If this forum is where you get your barometer of fan feelings towards players or anything else at the club for that matter then fine. For me it can be a little storm in a teacup from time to time so i prefer to rely on the social media's and actual people that i can speak to.

Your argument was that he was held in high regard by Dale fans and that posters on this thread were returning, revising their opinion trying to get some credit. Again, there I don't feel as if you are factually correct.

Of course, he had some decent games but the overriding consensus of opinion amongst the good number of fans I'd spoken to at the time was that it was no major loss and plenty were aware of his flaws.

Anyway, I can tell you have a huge need to feel you are right so please take this as a white flag of I can't be bothered arguing further with you.

Best to get on with supporting the club and congratulating them on tying a championship talent and leader to an 18 month deal. Hope he stays fit.
Contract Extension - McShane on 00:28 - Jan 18 with 1622 viewsD_Alien

Contract Extension - McShane on 00:16 - Jan 18 by VivaDonaldo

If this forum is where you get your barometer of fan feelings towards players or anything else at the club for that matter then fine. For me it can be a little storm in a teacup from time to time so i prefer to rely on the social media's and actual people that i can speak to.

Your argument was that he was held in high regard by Dale fans and that posters on this thread were returning, revising their opinion trying to get some credit. Again, there I don't feel as if you are factually correct.

Of course, he had some decent games but the overriding consensus of opinion amongst the good number of fans I'd spoken to at the time was that it was no major loss and plenty were aware of his flaws.

Anyway, I can tell you have a huge need to feel you are right so please take this as a white flag of I can't be bothered arguing further with you.

Best to get on with supporting the club and congratulating them on tying a championship talent and leader to an 18 month deal. Hope he stays fit.

Sorry I've spoiled your Friday night to that extent; as I say, it's just an amusing sideshow to me

Contract Extension - McShane on 06:02 - Jan 18 with 1527 viewskiwidale

Contract Extension - McShane on 22:59 - Jan 17 by D_Alien

Have you ever doubted yourself for a minute D_A?

Contract Extension - McShane on 06:47 - Jan 18 with 1516 viewsD_Alien

Contract Extension - McShane on 06:02 - Jan 18 by kiwidale

Have you ever doubted yourself for a minute D_A?

Its not a question of doubting myself kiwi, its a simple matter of recalling the evidence of how McGahey was rated in Match Threads, culminating in a general consensus at the time he was sold. Sweetcorn did just that and found i was correct, and no amount of bluster by VD whose reference point is the echo chamber of his mates can alter that

At least it gave you a laugh, in your relative isolation, so be grateful i provide such entertainment. You should be paying me a fee, by rights

Contract Extension - McShane on 07:16 - Jan 18 with 1503 viewsrochedale

Contract Extension - McShane on 06:47 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

Its not a question of doubting myself kiwi, its a simple matter of recalling the evidence of how McGahey was rated in Match Threads, culminating in a general consensus at the time he was sold. Sweetcorn did just that and found i was correct, and no amount of bluster by VD whose reference point is the echo chamber of his mates can alter that

At least it gave you a laugh, in your relative isolation, so be grateful i provide such entertainment. You should be paying me a fee, by rights

You remind me of a league 2 Russell Brand. Seeing him pushed in that fountain was nothing short of fabulous, and completely deserved.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Contract Extension - McShane on 10:27 - Jan 18 with 1336 viewsjonahwhereru

He was our best defender in a woeful defence. It needed to be broken up and was. At the time I had no issue with him leaving as I thought there was a decent chance any replacements would be an improvement. He will be playing professional football for a good while yet as he had some useful attributes, but like like all at this level he had his deficiencies.
Contract Extension - McShane on 10:30 - Jan 18 with 1325 viewsD_Alien

Contract Extension - McShane on 07:16 - Jan 18 by rochedale

You remind me of a league 2 Russell Brand. Seeing him pushed in that fountain was nothing short of fabulous, and completely deserved.

The fountain of knowledge?

Contract Extension - McShane on 11:12 - Jan 18 with 1261 viewskiwidale

Contract Extension - McShane on 06:47 - Jan 18 by D_Alien

I wasn't laughing at you D_A you know that, I also agree with you about Mcgahey.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024