Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 19:18 - Jan 19 with 3575 viewsblackdogblue

I like probably a lot of others on here voted for the kit & a chance to go to Italy.

All the votes counted & lucky winner announced followed by a fun day, big trailer selling kits / shirts to young & old.

Home kit Blue & Black & the second kit being Grey..

Now then, why sell a kit which children want but actually never see their team in?

Again, yesterday we played in the 3rd kit, in fact we mostly play now in the 3rd Choice Pink One???

How many games has the Grey Kit been seen??? This is not what the fans voted for and the club should consider a refund..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:28 - Jan 19 with 2273 views442Dale

There was precisely ONE game this season when wearing a third kit could possibly have been required: Coventry. Even then we’d have got away with wearing blue & black (though it’s breaking ‘different shades of same colour’ rules - my own).

Quite how having a pink kit, again, could be justified when it lost a vote is hard to work out. Until the club choose to listen properly to fans about kits, both designs, choices and units sold will continue to fall short of the obvious potential.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:30 - Jan 19 with 2269 viewschalky_ncfc

Why do clubs have a third choice kit? You obviously only need two to avoid clashing with the opposition,are the sponsors different on the third kid to the others?

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:36 - Jan 19 with 2242 views442Dale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:30 - Jan 19 by chalky_ncfc

Why do clubs have a third choice kit? You obviously only need two to avoid clashing with the opposition,are the sponsors different on the third kid to the others?

Completely agree. It’s simple: assess potential opponents and choose a colour that doesn’t clash. If a third shirt is required in extreme circumstances, in this day and age it could and should be a one-off shirt; see our white Nike shirt at Shrewsbury in 05/06.

It all comes with a bit of planning.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:44 - Jan 19 with 2217 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:36 - Jan 19 by 442Dale

Completely agree. It’s simple: assess potential opponents and choose a colour that doesn’t clash. If a third shirt is required in extreme circumstances, in this day and age it could and should be a one-off shirt; see our white Nike shirt at Shrewsbury in 05/06.

It all comes with a bit of planning.

The Green & Black striped one was an emergency kit as I remember and was so popular they brought it back the next season. To be honest liked it & bought one but would not be seen dead in one.

A question for the rearranged fans forum. Taking sales under false pretences?

No, they are all Crown Oil. Bet NCFC don’t have a 3rd kit.. Chalky?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 19:45]

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 2154 viewsblackdogblue

That’s my point exactly, at last...

Cost you £120 this year

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:18 - Jan 19 with 2134 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:44 - Jan 19 by blackdogblue

The Green & Black striped one was an emergency kit as I remember and was so popular they brought it back the next season. To be honest liked it & bought one but would not be seen dead in one.

A question for the rearranged fans forum. Taking sales under false pretences?

No, they are all Crown Oil. Bet NCFC don’t have a 3rd kit.. Chalky?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 19:45]

To my knowledge we don't have a third kit but what we have done over the past couple of seasons is sell the shirts without the sponsors logo on the front but you can have one put on free of charge it you wish which seemed popular

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 2126 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:18 - Jan 19 by chalky_ncfc

To my knowledge we don't have a third kit but what we have done over the past couple of seasons is sell the shirts without the sponsors logo on the front but you can have one put on free of charge it you wish which seemed popular

Sorry mate, just googled it, you do have a 3rd kit..

Marketed as White & Black striped 😂😂

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:23 - Jan 19 with 2120 viewschalky_ncfc

I'm presuming that the pink kit is for the gay fetish guys?

Login to get fewer ads

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 2042 viewsscarrow

Scandal! Really.

I'd imagine people if they bought a change kit bought the one they liked best. In reality the grey kit looked rubbish at Fleetwood. My quibble would be wearing the pink kit when the home could be worn.

Poll: Final position

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:56 - Jan 19 with 2029 viewsD_Alien

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:53 - Jan 19 by scarrow

Scandal! Really.

I'd imagine people if they bought a change kit bought the one they liked best. In reality the grey kit looked rubbish at Fleetwood. My quibble would be wearing the pink kit when the home could be worn.

It's possible the players prefer the pink kit

It looked great under the bright lights at St. James Park

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:11 - Jan 19 with 1986 views442Dale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:56 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

They shouldn’t have had the chance to prefer it. It shouldn’t have been produced after the kit vote.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:12 - Jan 19 with 1979 viewsD_Alien

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:11 - Jan 19 by 442Dale

They shouldn’t have had the chance to prefer it. It shouldn’t have been produced after the kit vote.

But that's what happens when you have a first team squad comprising kids, virgins and gay fetish guys

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:15 - Jan 19 with 1960 viewskiwidale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:21 - Jan 19 by blackdogblue

Sorry mate, just googled it, you do have a 3rd kit..

Marketed as White & Black striped 😂😂

Can you pay extra for black and white stripes?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:15]

This is not the time for bickering.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:17 - Jan 19 with 1944 viewsTVOS1907

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:30 - Jan 19 by chalky_ncfc

Firstly to make money.

Secondly in the event of unexpected cup draws that negate the use of both of the other kits.

Thirdly, to make more money.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:21 - Jan 19 with 1925 viewsTVOS1907

Scandal! Really.

I'm thinking 'scandal' is probably a bit OTT, but it's certainly a strange state of affairs that the official change kit has hardly been used.

This is something that ought to be thought through more carefully in future kit votes involving supporters.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:15 - Jan 19 with 1850 viewsAtThePeake

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 20:56 - Jan 19 by D_Alien

Or the manager? This has crossed my mind given what happened with United's infamous grey kit at the Dell all those years ago.

Tangled up in blue.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:30 - Jan 19 with 1819 viewsdingdangblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:15 - Jan 19 by AtThePeake

Or the manager? This has crossed my mind given what happened with United's infamous grey kit at the Dell all those years ago.

Imagine if we'd worn grey at St James Park! We might have been 5-0 down after 26 mins instead of 3!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:39 - Jan 19 with 1806 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 21:21 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

I'm thinking 'scandal' is probably a bit OTT, but it's certainly a strange state of affairs that the official change kit has hardly been used.

This is something that ought to be thought through more carefully in future kit votes involving supporters.

Exactly TVOS, as per my OP.

Here’s a good article for your next programme in tandem with the RSPB Garden Birdwatch being advertised on TV

Spot the official away kit?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 00:36 - Jan 20 with 1741 views49thseason

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:28 - Jan 19 by 442Dale

There was precisely ONE game this season when wearing a third kit could possibly have been required: Coventry. Even then we’d have got away with wearing blue & black (though it’s breaking ‘different shades of same colour’ rules - my own).

Quite how having a pink kit, again, could be justified when it lost a vote is hard to work out. Until the club choose to listen properly to fans about kits, both designs, choices and units sold will continue to fall short of the obvious potential.

Maybe the players prefer the Raspberry kit? Maybe they feel better wearing it. Perhaps they should wear it at home too? The colour of kit can be an important psychological element , why force them to wear a strip they maybe dont like?
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 07:37 - Jan 20 with 1665 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Scandal! Really.

To be fair the kit matched the performance that day.
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 09:07 - Jan 20 with 1593 viewsSandyDrum

There was actually a reason on Saturday that was well documented by the club.

The grey kit has a large blue stripe down it.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/january/dalesupportingwycombeanythingbut

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 09:35 - Jan 20 with 1559 views442Dale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 00:36 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

Maybe the players prefer the Raspberry kit? Maybe they feel better wearing it. Perhaps they should wear it at home too? The colour of kit can be an important psychological element , why force them to wear a strip they maybe dont like?

Maybe the decision making process ahead of choosing kits to vote in could be improved to take all these factors into account.

I

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:10 - Jan 20 with 1477 views49thseason

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 09:35 - Jan 20 by 442Dale

Maybe the decision making process ahead of choosing kits to vote in could be improved to take all these factors into account.

I

There is a fair amount of research that shows teams in red win more games than teams in blue and that referee decisions tend to advantage teams in red.

The advantage might be in low percentage points but over 50 or so games a season mat well add up to the difference between relegation or not, promotion or not.

Personally I think its time to completely re-brand the club and using a completely new colour scheme would be a good place to start. Attracting new fans is about making the whole package more exciting and currently it all seems a bit same old same old, a bit tired and past its sell-by date. An extra 1000 fans would make a world of difference , its not a big number but keeping on doing the same old stuff doesnt seem to be cutting the mustard as far as attracting them... time for changes.
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:12 - Jan 20 with 1474 viewsTVOS1907

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:10 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

There is a fair amount of research that shows teams in red win more games than teams in blue and that referee decisions tend to advantage teams in red.

The advantage might be in low percentage points but over 50 or so games a season mat well add up to the difference between relegation or not, promotion or not.

Personally I think its time to completely re-brand the club and using a completely new colour scheme would be a good place to start. Attracting new fans is about making the whole package more exciting and currently it all seems a bit same old same old, a bit tired and past its sell-by date. An extra 1000 fans would make a world of difference , its not a big number but keeping on doing the same old stuff doesnt seem to be cutting the mustard as far as attracting them... time for changes.

Like when Cardiff changed to red and black?

That went well.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:48 - Jan 20 with 1465 views49thseason

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:12 - Jan 20 by TVOS1907

Like when Cardiff changed to red and black?

That went well.

Why do you feel he need to make a negative comment? Are you happy with fewer than 3000 home fans turning up ? Do you think the club is vibrant and effectively promoting itself? Have you noticed any great changes in the pre-match experience? How do you think the club is generally perceived? Does it not bother you that the best idea anyone came up with for a 3rd kit was a dirty grey with a blue and black stripe? Do you think we might attract more sponsors if there was a sense of excitement around the club rather than a continual sense that we are just about hanging on? Is it better to try and fail than simply do nothing?
So Cardiff changed their kit to red when they are known as the Bluebirds, how does that affect Rochdale? There is nothing magical about our blue strips, i remember when we played in white shirts, and we did ok in our black and white stripes,. Raspberry is unique, eye catching, motivational, it makes players look bigger and stronger, and we seem to do better when we wear it .. whats the problem?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024