Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 19:18 - Jan 19 with 3578 viewsblackdogblue

I like probably a lot of others on here voted for the kit & a chance to go to Italy.

All the votes counted & lucky winner announced followed by a fun day, big trailer selling kits / shirts to young & old.

Home kit Blue & Black & the second kit being Grey..

Now then, why sell a kit which children want but actually never see their team in?

Again, yesterday we played in the 3rd kit, in fact we mostly play now in the 3rd Choice Pink One???

How many games has the Grey Kit been seen??? This is not what the fans voted for and the club should consider a refund..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:08 - Jan 20 with 1228 viewsAtThePeake

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 11:48 - Jan 20 by 49thseason

Why do you feel he need to make a negative comment? Are you happy with fewer than 3000 home fans turning up ? Do you think the club is vibrant and effectively promoting itself? Have you noticed any great changes in the pre-match experience? How do you think the club is generally perceived? Does it not bother you that the best idea anyone came up with for a 3rd kit was a dirty grey with a blue and black stripe? Do you think we might attract more sponsors if there was a sense of excitement around the club rather than a continual sense that we are just about hanging on? Is it better to try and fail than simply do nothing?
So Cardiff changed their kit to red when they are known as the Bluebirds, how does that affect Rochdale? There is nothing magical about our blue strips, i remember when we played in white shirts, and we did ok in our black and white stripes,. Raspberry is unique, eye catching, motivational, it makes players look bigger and stronger, and we seem to do better when we wear it .. whats the problem?

Every single person who regularly visits this forum knows we have to do more to try and attract supporters - and we've seen the club try and do that in several different ways in the last few years with things like increased advertising around the town, better social media presence, the season ticket initiatives. If those things aren't going to add 1,000 fans to the average attendance, why do you think a kit change will?

Put it this way, do you know any people who don't currently attend Rochdale games that you think would suddenly start coming if we changed the colour of our home kits?

Tangled up in blue.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:22 - Jan 20 with 1201 viewsJames1980

I think the suggestion was a total rebrand including a change of kit colour.
Maybe the programme name could also be changed how about GERRIT FORRAD

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:32 - Jan 20 with 1194 viewsTVOS1907

Why do you feel he need to make a negative comment? Are you happy with fewer than 3000 home fans turning up ? Do you think the club is vibrant and effectively promoting itself? Have you noticed any great changes in the pre-match experience? How do you think the club is generally perceived? Does it not bother you that the best idea anyone came up with for a 3rd kit was a dirty grey with a blue and black stripe? Do you think we might attract more sponsors if there was a sense of excitement around the club rather than a continual sense that we are just about hanging on? Is it better to try and fail than simply do nothing?
So Cardiff changed their kit to red when they are known as the Bluebirds, how does that affect Rochdale? There is nothing magical about our blue strips, i remember when we played in white shirts, and we did ok in our black and white stripes,. Raspberry is unique, eye catching, motivational, it makes players look bigger and stronger, and we seem to do better when we wear it .. whats the problem?

I commented because in my opinion Rochdale should play in blue and white (with bits of black if necessary).

There are a multitude of other factors as to why crowds haven't increased as we would like (although I used to be happy in the '80s if 1600 turned up) and plenty of other things that could be tried (and have been) in order to increase crowds, but changing the colour of our traditional kit shouldn't be one of them, in my opinion.

I mentioned Cardiff because they changed from their traditional colours to red and black and the fans rebelled against it. They are now back in the colours they should be.

You make some good points and ideas in the middle section, but they aren't anything to do with our kit colours, in my opinion.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 13:15]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:33 - Jan 20 with 1193 viewsTVOS1907

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:22 - Jan 20 by James1980

I think the suggestion was a total rebrand including a change of kit colour.
Maybe the programme name could also be changed how about GERRIT FORRAD

Don't give folks ideas, James.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:38 - Jan 20 with 1180 viewsjudd

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:33 - Jan 20 by TVOS1907

Don't give folks ideas, James.

The Voice of the Crown Oil Arena?

Poll: What is it to be then?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1159 viewsblackdogblue

The “dirty grey kit with the blue stripe” was voted as the away kit, not the 3rd kit. That’s the problem

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:56 - Jan 20 with 1159 viewsCrede_Sign0

Hello - Your post reminds me - wasn’t there a kit vote that closed sometime before Christmas on a new away kit to celebrate a 100 years of league football - Do we know the outcome of that yet?
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 13:08 - Jan 20 with 1128 views442Dale

On the subject of branding, we are the only club in the country to have blue/black/white as our home colours on a consistent basis.

Being honest, we do nowhere near enough to capitalise on this. And again, it’s been discussed on here for a very long time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 13:14 - Jan 20 with 1114 viewsTVOS1907

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 12:56 - Jan 20 by Crede_Sign0

Hello - Your post reminds me - wasn’t there a kit vote that closed sometime before Christmas on a new away kit to celebrate a 100 years of league football - Do we know the outcome of that yet?

It was said at the time that the results will be announced when the new kit is launched.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 13:16 - Jan 20 with 1108 viewschalky_ncfc

The thing is about Dale,and you're not going to like this,is that the club just isn't glamorous enough and whats worst is that they never will be with Utd and City a short bus ride away,it's the same at Notts,non supporters think of us as an old fashioned club and Forest with their European Cups as the team to watch in Nottingham,ferrets,flat caps and whippets spring to mind when people think of Rochdale and very unlikely to attract new punters (James being the exception to the rule of course)
Dale are in League One though and there's plenty of similar sized clubs who would like to be in your position,as long as you don't get relegated then there will be big clubs like Sunderland ect visiting Spotland to ease the clubs money worries and as long as you're in League One then you will be ok

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 15:01 - Jan 20 with 1030 viewsAncoats_Blue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 13:16 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

The thing is about Dale,and you're not going to like this,is that the club just isn't glamorous enough and whats worst is that they never will be with Utd and City a short bus ride away,it's the same at Notts,non supporters think of us as an old fashioned club and Forest with their European Cups as the team to watch in Nottingham,ferrets,flat caps and whippets spring to mind when people think of Rochdale and very unlikely to attract new punters (James being the exception to the rule of course)
Dale are in League One though and there's plenty of similar sized clubs who would like to be in your position,as long as you don't get relegated then there will be big clubs like Sunderland ect visiting Spotland to ease the clubs money worries and as long as you're in League One then you will be ok

Unless Dale got into the Premier League (non starter) then they won’t attract fans from outside of the borough of Rochdale and it’s surrounding villages (Edenfield, Whitworth, Todmorden, Walsden etc) and exiles and relatives who live outside of the town. I suppose that’s the same for most lower league clubs without an illustrious history though.
Someone from Buxton as an example is unlikely to start supporting Northampton if they start playing well. They’re more likely to latch onto a “sleeping giant” like Leeds or Bolton.
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 17:56 - Jan 20 with 944 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 13:16 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

Oy ....

Bycocket hats, Merry Men, Frier Tuck, some tart called Marion, Raleigh Bikes, Cigs, lace for your weekend dress, errr that’s pretty much it springs to mind (sorry a few trees) about Nottingham so fook off 😀😀

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 18:46 - Jan 20 with 896 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 17:56 - Jan 20 by blackdogblue

Oy ....

Bycocket hats, Merry Men, Frier Tuck, some tart called Marion, Raleigh Bikes, Cigs, lace for your weekend dress, errr that’s pretty much it springs to mind (sorry a few trees) about Nottingham so fook off 😀😀

Let's not forget that William Booth and Paul Smith was both born in Nottingham,then there's Tarmac to cover those lumpy cobbled roads,HP Sauce to put on your black pudding butties,Boots the Chemist to buy indigestion tables,Ibuprofen,Traffic Lights,Running Water and MRI machines to name but a few

Get those mark ups in as a thank you to Nottingham
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 18:48]

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 877 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 18:46 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

Let's not forget that William Booth and Paul Smith was both born in Nottingham,then there's Tarmac to cover those lumpy cobbled roads,HP Sauce to put on your black pudding butties,Boots the Chemist to buy indigestion tables,Ibuprofen,Traffic Lights,Running Water and MRI machines to name but a few

Get those mark ups in as a thank you to Nottingham
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 18:48]

No idea who they are, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Mike Harding the list goes on. Boots equalled out by the Co-Op and not sure where Black Puddings come from??? Maybe a local market town but name escapes me as there is no football team there? 😀😀

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:07 - Jan 20 with 859 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 18:57 - Jan 20 by blackdogblue

No idea who they are, Gracie Fields, Lisa Stansfield, Mike Harding the list goes on. Boots equalled out by the Co-Op and not sure where Black Puddings come from??? Maybe a local market town but name escapes me as there is no football team there? 😀😀

I'm pretty sure that Paul Smith has never designed an award winning flat cap so I'm not surprised that he's unheard of in Rochdale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:15 - Jan 20 with 846 viewsblackdogblue

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:07 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

I'm pretty sure that Paul Smith has never designed an award winning flat cap so I'm not surprised that he's unheard of in Rochdale

Paul Smith was born in Beeston, a town in Nottinghamshire, that’s so tenuous..

If we are going down that route, Rochdale is part of Greater Manchester, you really want to go down that route? U will lose 😀😀

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:04 - Jan 20 with 744 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 19:15 - Jan 20 by blackdogblue

Paul Smith was born in Beeston, a town in Nottinghamshire, that’s so tenuous..

If we are going down that route, Rochdale is part of Greater Manchester, you really want to go down that route? U will lose 😀😀

Mike Harding was born in Manchester and Lisa Stansfield didn't even live in Rochdale until 1977 when she was 10 or 11 but you've still got Gracie I suppose

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 00:28 - Jan 21 with 683 viewskiwidale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:04 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

Mike Harding was born in Manchester and Lisa Stansfield didn't even live in Rochdale until 1977 when she was 10 or 11 but you've still got Gracie I suppose

What about Cyril Smith...Oh

This is not the time for bickering.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 02:30 - Jan 21 with 667 viewsSandyman

Hamlet Nicholson. He's one of our own.
RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 05:38 - Jan 21 with 637 viewsforeverhopefulDale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 22:04 - Jan 20 by chalky_ncfc

Heywood, where she was living when she was born, and lived until, her family moved to Rochdale, is in the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale. Lisa regards herself as from Rochdale.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 07:21 - Jan 21 with 603 viewskiwidale

I like GERRIT FORRAD joking aside Its a great name.

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 08:36 - Jan 21 with 571 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 05:38 - Jan 21 by foreverhopefulDale

Heywood, where she was living when she was born, and lived until, her family moved to Rochdale, is in the Metropolitan Borough of Rochdale. Lisa regards herself as from Rochdale.

Paul Smith who says that he is from Nottingham was born on the border of Nottingham(shire) but I was pulled up about it by bdb so I was merely making a point

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 08:46 - Jan 21 with 560 viewskiwidale

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 08:36 - Jan 21 by chalky_ncfc

Paul Smith who says that he is from Nottingham was born on the border of Nottingham(shire) but I was pulled up about it by bdb so I was merely making a point

Chalky you don't have the problem we have. Nottingham has not been swallowed up like Rochdale has. There are those, not all, born after the town became part of greater Manchester that identify as Manchester something that is anathema to me.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:47]

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 08:55 - Jan 21 with 544 viewschalky_ncfc

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 08:46 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

Chalky you don't have the problem we have. Nottingham has not been swallowed up like Rochdale has. There are those, not all, born after the town became part of greater Manchester that identify as Manchester something that is anathema to me.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 8:47]

I feel your pain kiwi,Forest who even have the nerve to put Nottingham in their.name are located in Nottinghamshire

RAFC Kit Vote Scandal 2019//20 on 09:19 - Jan 21 with 527 viewspioneer

Not forgetting of course the only professional football team in Manchester is called City.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024