Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... 12:14 - Jan 21 with 14308 viewsdale1968

Hope they have the Money?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/huddersfield-town-interested-in-highly-rated-e

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 12:49 - Jan 21 with 5954 viewsboromat

Swap deal for Pyke

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:02 - Jan 21 with 5902 viewsKenBoon

Sky Sports Understands...

In the current climate anything less than £3,000,000 shouldn't be entertained. The goal against Manc United and his defensive performance and assist against Newcastle United should have added a great whack onto what would already be a decent fee.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:56 - Jan 21 with 5753 viewsoff2div1

Newcastle 1st game
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:45 - Jan 21 with 5626 viewsrochdaleriddler

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:02 - Jan 21 by KenBoon

Sky Sports Understands...

In the current climate anything less than £3,000,000 shouldn't be entertained. The goal against Manc United and his defensive performance and assist against Newcastle United should have added a great whack onto what would already be a decent fee.

Especially as Manure have supposedly offered £25 million for a 16 year old midfielder

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:45 - Jan 21 with 5498 viewsboromat

But not if his contract says you can go for peanuts but with all these add-ons.

Release clauses in contracts by D_Alien 10 Jan 2020 13:51
We know that Dale are willing to accept them, in order to attract the type of talent that's kept us afloat not just in L1 but financially; and then to retain them on contracts such as Ollie Rathbone's 3 year deal

Of course i don't know for certain, but what's the point in getting angsty about whether we'll accept £X for whoever when it's probably a given that they'll leave (if they want to) once a certain amount is on offer?

[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 16:09]

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:15 - Jan 21 with 5285 viewsEllDale

Huddersfield have no money believe me.
And they have a decent rightback in Danny Simpson.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:02 - Jan 21 with 5127 viewsShun

‘Might be summat in this one.. One of their Directors lives near my uncle in Saddleworth, and the word is that they are skint. Matheson has a release clause in the contract, and won't cost us much. He was also touting another two of their players...Colin Camps and Oli Rathbone. We face competition from a few other clubs so would have to move sharpish.’

Hopefully rubbish, but if not it’s nice that our directors are touting out our players and disclosing their release clauses.

Also if we really are ‘skint’ I suggest the directors sack themselves due to not being fit for purpose, as we simply have no right to be anywhere near skint with the amount of money we’ve had coming in over the past 2 years.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 18:08]
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:10 - Jan 21 with 5107 viewsrochdaleriddler

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:02 - Jan 21 by Shun

‘Might be summat in this one.. One of their Directors lives near my uncle in Saddleworth, and the word is that they are skint. Matheson has a release clause in the contract, and won't cost us much. He was also touting another two of their players...Colin Camps and Oli Rathbone. We face competition from a few other clubs so would have to move sharpish.’

Hopefully rubbish, but if not it’s nice that our directors are touting out our players and disclosing their release clauses.

Also if we really are ‘skint’ I suggest the directors sack themselves due to not being fit for purpose, as we simply have no right to be anywhere near skint with the amount of money we’ve had coming in over the past 2 years.

If people are moving smartish, maybe 21 days into a 31 day window is a tad slow

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:33 - Jan 21 with 5026 viewstodmordendale

Is Colin Camps any relation to Callum ?
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:46 - Jan 21 with 4968 viewsrochdaleriddler

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:33 - Jan 21 by todmordendale

Siamese twin

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:01 - Jan 21 with 4905 viewselectricblue

To counteract losing players like Matheson and Rathbone on the cheap would it not be prudent to add an increased minimum fee even though they have signed contracts recently..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:29 - Jan 21 with 4815 views442Dale

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:01 - Jan 21 by electricblue

To counteract losing players like Matheson and Rathbone on the cheap would it not be prudent to add an increased minimum fee even though they have signed contracts recently..

How would it be added without renegotiating the contract with the player?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:53 - Jan 21 with 4756 viewsfitzochris

I’m reliably informed that Matheson does not have a release clause in his contract.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:59 - Jan 21 with 4744 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:15 - Jan 21 by EllDale

Huddersfield have no money believe me.
And they have a decent rightback in Danny Simpson.

Matheson, as others have pointed out, is probably already playing too much at L1 level for his age. If he goes to a Championship club I don't see him going as a ready made first-team player and with Simpson being 33 it would be prudent to look for a long-term replacement for him now.

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:54 - Jan 21 with 4577 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:02 - Jan 21 by Shun

Got to be utter tosh.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:08 - Jan 21 with 4537 viewsboromat

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:33 - Jan 21 by todmordendale

We'll sell them Colin for a good price as long as we can keep Callum 😂

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:15 - Jan 21 with 4509 viewsShun

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:53 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

I’m reliably informed that Matheson does not have a release clause in his contract.

Good news if so.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 09:25 - Jan 22 with 3960 viewsTalkingSutty

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:53 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

Pleased to hear that because unless we are getting something like market value for our youth players then the whole process of the Youth Academy has to be called into question. It costs an awful lot of money to fund the Academy, employ coaches, management etc so it’s imperative we aren’t giving our players away for minimum fees after investing so much into them. Clubs like Wycombe Wanderers and others have scrapped their youth set ups and decided to pick up other Clubs cast offs because it is more cost effective in the long run.

Birmingham City are about to sell 16 years old Jude Bellington for £30 Million, he’s only made just over 20 appearances for the Club so that gives you some idea as to what Clubs are prepared to pay for young talent. Matheson should be valued in the low millions and not sold for less. His value would increase greatly if he played further up the field, I’m not convinced that playing at right back is his natural position. I think he would make a great attacking midfield player because he can run at his opponent at speed , tackle and score goals.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 09:40 - Jan 22 with 3916 viewsfitzochris

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 09:25 - Jan 22 by TalkingSutty

Pleased to hear that because unless we are getting something like market value for our youth players then the whole process of the Youth Academy has to be called into question. It costs an awful lot of money to fund the Academy, employ coaches, management etc so it’s imperative we aren’t giving our players away for minimum fees after investing so much into them. Clubs like Wycombe Wanderers and others have scrapped their youth set ups and decided to pick up other Clubs cast offs because it is more cost effective in the long run.

Birmingham City are about to sell 16 years old Jude Bellington for £30 Million, he’s only made just over 20 appearances for the Club so that gives you some idea as to what Clubs are prepared to pay for young talent. Matheson should be valued in the low millions and not sold for less. His value would increase greatly if he played further up the field, I’m not convinced that playing at right back is his natural position. I think he would make a great attacking midfield player because he can run at his opponent at speed , tackle and score goals.

Absolutely, especially as we are likely to lose arguably our best player in Henderson for nothing in the summer.

If we are to sell our prospects during this window, or early in the next, we need to generate enough money to both keep the club going and to reinvest in the squad. Obtaining maximum value for our players is paramount.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 10:02 - Jan 22 with 3840 viewsDaleiLama

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 09:40 - Jan 22 by fitzochris

Absolutely, especially as we are likely to lose arguably our best player in Henderson for nothing in the summer.

If we are to sell our prospects during this window, or early in the next, we need to generate enough money to both keep the club going and to reinvest in the squad. Obtaining maximum value for our players is paramount.

And perhaps bemoaning how little money we have, how much it costs to keep the club afloat and how we are living hand-to-mouth when we are show-cased nationally, does little to strengthen our negotiating position. Maybe we need to keep our cards a little closer to our chest when the lights come on?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 10:14 - Jan 22 with 3795 viewsmingthemerciless

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 09:25 - Jan 22 by TalkingSutty

I agree with you regarding his best position. He's just learning the ropes at right back. When he's a bit older and smarter I can see him playing further up the pitch.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:22 - Jan 22 with 3640 viewsD_Alien

Despite his error last weekend, Luke is actually a really good tackler - it comes naturally to him, which is why he's possibly found himself playing fullback through his junior years

I agree with others about playing further forward. He sees the game so quickly and obviously has an eye for goal, so if he's to develop his potential further i think the Dale coaching staff need to re-assess, along with Luke himself, whether being deployed as last line of defence is the best option or to help change his position sooner rather than later, before his confidence is affected

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:27 - Jan 22 with 3647 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:22 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Despite his error last weekend, Luke is actually a really good tackler - it comes naturally to him, which is why he's possibly found himself playing fullback through his junior years

I agree with others about playing further forward. He sees the game so quickly and obviously has an eye for goal, so if he's to develop his potential further i think the Dale coaching staff need to re-assess, along with Luke himself, whether being deployed as last line of defence is the best option or to help change his position sooner rather than later, before his confidence is affected

He's also got a fairly decent leap on him.

I'm beginning to detest the all-round good at everything mangy urchin.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 3578 viewsD_Alien

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:27 - Jan 22 by judd

He's also got a fairly decent leap on him.

I'm beginning to detest the all-round good at everything mangy urchin.

I find his leg speed when covering the ground despicable

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 11:45 - Jan 22 with 3595 viewsFrog

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/2-pros-and-2-cons-to-huddersfield-town-lining-
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 11:51]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024