Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... 12:14 - Jan 21 with 14313 viewsdale1968

Hope they have the Money?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/huddersfield-town-interested-in-highly-rated-e

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 12:13 - Jan 22 with 2467 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Agree.....Luke would be a great attacking midfielder similar to Ollie Rathbone but with the added value of a great shot and capacity to tackle when required......Jamie Allen style.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:02 - Jan 22 with 2304 viewsjudd

He can get a good, early cross in too.

Meh!

Poll: What is it to be then?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:03 - Jan 22 with 2304 viewsboromat

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 12:13 - Jan 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

Agree.....Luke would be a great attacking midfielder similar to Ollie Rathbone but with the added value of a great shot and capacity to tackle when required......Jamie Allen style.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned in an interview that he was an attacking player whether that's a striker or attacking midfielder but it was the change to right back during his time here at Dale that has propelled him into the first team. So maybe he could play further forward but he's already had a change of position to get the best out of him. Maybe RB or RWB is exactly his best position considering he probably hasn't been playing there for that long!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:20 - Jan 22 with 2266 viewsjonahwhereru

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:53 - Jan 21 by fitzochris

I’m reliably informed that Matheson does not have a release clause in his contract.

That would be a game changer for us. It’s also quite benevolent of Luke not to have sought an escape clause in his contract. Given he could have walked away to plenty of clubs under the compensation scheme. I guess that means we must have agreed a fair whack for his wages, which together with loyalty to his mentors means we are in a much better position that we could have been.
Now it is just a matter of trying to maintain the level of interest in him. Then let the bidding war commence.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 2216 viewsdawlishdale

There seems to be 2 schools of thought regarding Matheson.

Firstly, we should keep him here for another year or so, because he will get stronger, taller and thus, more valuable.

Or... cash in now as his stock is currently high.

If we have managed to negotiate a contract with no release clause in, then kudos to the club for doing so, but it's a huge change from where we have previously stood regarding youngsters, and a big surprise, as it counters everything that comes from the club relating to us not holding back on young players ambitions.

I'd hazard a guess that there will be some sort of exit clause in his contract, but perhaps not at the historical £300k which doesn't reflect the true value and cost of bring forward a promising player .

This confusion all stems from the club "boasting" that they thought we got a brilliant deal when we sold Adshead last Summer, and it turned out to be £300k, plus future monies dependant on his continuing to flourish. I don't know of any single supporter who agreed that it was a good deal for us.

The success of young Luke owes much to the injury plagued career of Ryan McLaughlin, who , had he been available, would likely have prevented Luke from playing. Funny old game !!!
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:55 - Jan 22 with 2187 viewsjonahwhereru

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:42 - Jan 22 by dawlishdale

Firstly, we should keep him here for another year or so, because he will get stronger, taller and thus, more valuable.

If we have managed to negotiate a contract with no release clause in, then kudos to the club for doing so, but it's a huge change from where we have previously stood regarding youngsters, and a big surprise, as it counters everything that comes from the club relating to us not holding back on young players ambitions.

I'd hazard a guess that there will be some sort of exit clause in his contract, but perhaps not at the historical £300k which doesn't reflect the true value and cost of bring forward a promising player .

This confusion all stems from the club "boasting" that they thought we got a brilliant deal when we sold Adshead last Summer, and it turned out to be £300k, plus future monies dependant on his continuing to flourish. I don't know of any single supporter who agreed that it was a good deal for us.

The success of young Luke owes much to the injury plagued career of Ryan McLaughlin, who , had he been available, would likely have prevented Luke from playing. Funny old game !!!

Shades of Mcardle getting injured and Dawson seizing the opportunity and never looking back. He was also benevolent by signing a contract extension shortly before we sold him. Although he was / is a Dale supporter so did the club a favour as well as himself.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:04 - Jan 22 with 2167 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 13:42 - Jan 22 by dawlishdale

Re Adshead does it not depend on whether the add ons pay off or not?
Can any of the forum posters shed light on how he is progressing at Norwich?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:43 - Jan 22 with 2096 viewsjokerthief

Luke will make a fantastic midfield player eventually.
Same as Joe Rafferty, when moved to Preston.
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:05 - Jan 22 with 2051 viewsChaffRAFC

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:04 - Jan 22 by James1980

It does but the up front fee was a poor figure, in fact, considering his England appearances at youth level, we had our pants pulled down.

The add ons may well prove fruitful, they may not.

The point I made at the time, and still rings true, is that Stephen Bywater left Rochdale for about £300,000 plus add ons, the same as Dan Adshead.

The difference being that Bywater was sold nearly 23 years ago.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:24 - Jan 22 with 2002 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:43 - Jan 22 by jokerthief

Luke will make a fantastic midfield player eventually.
Same as Joe Rafferty, when moved to Preston.

He looks to have been playing at left-back.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:38 - Jan 22 with 1968 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:05 - Jan 22 by ChaffRAFC

It does but the up front fee was a poor figure, in fact, considering his England appearances at youth level, we had our pants pulled down.

The point I made at the time, and still rings true, is that Stephen Bywater left Rochdale for about £300,000 plus add ons, the same as Dan Adshead.

I doubt many of us will know how the negotiations went and those that do can't or won't say.
Perhaps a bird in the hand of more up front and less in ad ons would have been the better option.

Definitely worth asking about that deal at the fans forum.
Was £300k the RF, were any other bids received, are we keeping track of his progress and how is it going

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:40 - Jan 22 with 1958 viewsD_Alien

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 14:04 - Jan 22 by James1980

It'll be interesting to see if he makes the next England age-group squad, or if his profile has fallen off the radar

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:49 - Jan 22 with 1934 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:40 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

It'll be interesting to see if he makes the next England age-group squad, or if his profile has fallen off the radar

Do England's scouts go to Norwich under 23 matches?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:50 - Jan 22 with 1927 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:05 - Jan 22 by ChaffRAFC

Whereas add on deals have been beneficial to the club over recent years, they cannot be seen as brilliant deals until the cash is in the bank.

it's a bit like budgeting for ties v premiership clubs in both cups every season.

I still do not get why we insist on the non-disclosure of transfer fees received when we are seemingly happy to air our running costs and begging bowls so publicly.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:28 - Jan 22 with 1825 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:50 - Jan 22 by judd

Whereas add on deals have been beneficial to the club over recent years, they cannot be seen as brilliant deals until the cash is in the bank.

it's a bit like budgeting for ties v premiership clubs in both cups every season.

I still do not get why we insist on the non-disclosure of transfer fees received when we are seemingly happy to air our running costs and begging bowls so publicly.

And when the fees seem to get leaked, very soon after the deal is made.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:40 - Jan 22 with 1788 viewsTVOS1907

While I sort of agree with you, I'm struggling to recall any transfer fees that are disclosed these days.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:59 - Jan 22 with 1734 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:40 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

While I sort of agree with you, I'm struggling to recall any transfer fees that are disclosed these days.

It's not just the transfer fee, it's the disclosure of running costs and public cash grab.

Why is one so sacrosanct and the others open to public scrutiny?

With regards fee disclosures, didn't Pompey disclose Cannon's fee? Scunny McGaheys? PNE Raffs? Norwich sources appeared to give some publicity to Adsheads?

I cannot say I have read this list independently, but I did post details of Dawson's transfer and sell-on detail from a West Midlands newspaper recently.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 1695 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:59 - Jan 22 by judd

It's not just the transfer fee, it's the disclosure of running costs and public cash grab.

With regards fee disclosures, didn't Pompey disclose Cannon's fee? Scunny McGaheys? PNE Raffs? Norwich sources appeared to give some publicity to Adsheads?

I cannot say I have read this list independently, but I did post details of Dawson's transfer and sell-on detail from a West Midlands newspaper recently.

Dunno, I was thinking more generically rather than just Dale.

Those other clubs' local press may have come up with some figures, so maybe those clubs have got people with loose tongues as well....

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:14 - Jan 22 with 1682 viewsscarrow

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 15:49 - Jan 22 by James1980

Do England's scouts go to Norwich under 23 matches?

He was in the last England u20? Squad so I suppose they must

Poll: Final position

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:23 - Jan 22 with 1662 views442Dale

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 16:59 - Jan 22 by judd

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2020/01/fans-forum-postponed/

<<“ The club contacted the Trust earlier in the week to suggest that the Newcastle replay might require a postponement of the Forum. New dates were discussed and it was agreed by both parties that a date around the end of the month may be more appropriate as this would then allow the club to discuss the end of year accounts for the 2018-19 season giving a more transparent picture of the club in the process.

The club released the following statement regarding the postponement:

“Rochdale AFC has taken the decision to postpone the upcoming fans’ forum, due to be held on January 13th.

This is due to the Emirates FA Cup Third Round replay against Newcastle United taking place at St James’ Park the following day.

The club is also due to publish the accounts for the last financial year — for the year ending May 31 2019 — and so wish to postpone the forum until after this in order to provide further financial clarity.

A new date for the forum will be confirmed in due course, aimed to be scheduled as close to the end of January as possible.”>>

Key points:
“...this would then allow the club to discuss the end of year accounts for the 2018-19 season giving a more transparent picture of the club in the process.”
“ ...provide further financial clarity.”

These statements have been made, there is now an expectation that a “transparent picture” and “financial clarity” is given to all supporters present and those who will be able to watch on the freeview Ifollow video that has been agreed to be released the following day. Hopefully, the tittle-tattle/rumours/in the know nonsense will finally be put to an end, as committed to by both the Trust and the club. It’s to their credit that such commitments have been made.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1600 viewsD_Alien

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:14 - Jan 22 by scarrow

He was in the last England u20? Squad so I suppose they must

Was that following his transfer to Norwich? I'd expect him to make at least the first one or two after his transfer based on his prior performances for the age-group team. Whether that's enough to keep him in the squad once he's no longer in contention for a first team place remains to be seen (don't think he's made the Norwich bench yet)

I know a few others do in their respective age groups but they're usually at fashionable clubs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:13 - Jan 22 with 1540 viewsboromat

This is the best most recent online write up I can find that mentions Adshead as an emerging talent.

https://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/robin-sainty-on-ncfc-spending-1-6460245

It also suggests Norwich need a relegation for Adshead to get a sniff. Let's all have our fingers crossed

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:43 - Jan 22 with 1467 viewstony_roch975

Possibly cos it's the law - Company requiring publication, Contract requiring confidentiality

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield on 19:30 - Jan 22 with 1340 viewstodmordendale

Listening to several interviews with Luke, he appears very sensible and intent on completing his studies alongside playing football.
It maybe that any transfer would cause undue disruption to both areas and would not be conducive to either. Judging by his interviews it would appear that he is happy to continue in this vein until the next level is achieved. I also think it would benefit him to continue his development in this settled situation for at least another season. He is still so young and time is on his side. As well as year 7 followers apparently.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:54 - Jan 22 with 1284 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 18:43 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

Possibly cos it's the law - Company requiring publication, Contract requiring confidentiality

Dont think it's the law.

Transfer fees received are disclosed in the accounts and I would imagine are broken down by player at the AGM.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024