Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... 12:14 - Jan 21 with 14297 viewsdale1968

Hope they have the Money?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/huddersfield-town-interested-in-highly-rated-e

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield on 20:20 - Jan 22 with 1604 viewsYadHoDale

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield on 19:30 - Jan 22 by todmordendale

Listening to several interviews with Luke, he appears very sensible and intent on completing his studies alongside playing football.
It maybe that any transfer would cause undue disruption to both areas and would not be conducive to either. Judging by his interviews it would appear that he is happy to continue in this vein until the next level is achieved. I also think it would benefit him to continue his development in this settled situation for at least another season. He is still so young and time is on his side. As well as year 7 followers apparently.

This.

Disregarding the football side of things, he's perhaps happy at his school and wants to get his A-levels before thinking about a move to a bigger club, who might not necessarily be as supportive of his education...
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:26 - Jan 22 with 1591 viewstony_roch975

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 19:54 - Jan 22 by judd

Dont think it's the law.

Transfer fees received are disclosed in the accounts and I would imagine are broken down by player at the AGM.

All private limited and public companies must submit their annual accounts to Companies House which are made available to the general public. No such contract details are published - certainly not the add-ons or timetable of payments - guesses of various shades of accuracy can be made but neither selling or buying clubs want to give away sensitive market information.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:40 - Jan 22 with 1546 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:26 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

All private limited and public companies must submit their annual accounts to Companies House which are made available to the general public. No such contract details are published - certainly not the add-ons or timetable of payments - guesses of various shades of accuracy can be made but neither selling or buying clubs want to give away sensitive market information.

Transfer fees are not disclosed in those accounts filed as required by law at Companies House?

If you go to page 18 of the last filed accounts on Beta Companies House (for free) you will see under Turnover, line 2 "Transfer fees" received in year to May 2018 £710, 820, down from £2,163,772 the previous year.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:46]

Poll: What is it to be then?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield on 20:51 - Jan 22 with 1508 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield on 20:20 - Jan 22 by YadHoDale

This.

Disregarding the football side of things, he's perhaps happy at his school and wants to get his A-levels before thinking about a move to a bigger club, who might not necessarily be as supportive of his education...

If he was loaned back to us he could finish his A'levels

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:57 - Jan 22 with 1492 viewstony_roch975

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:40 - Jan 22 by judd

Transfer fees are not disclosed in those accounts filed as required by law at Companies House?

If you go to page 18 of the last filed accounts on Beta Companies House (for free) you will see under Turnover, line 2 "Transfer fees" received in year to May 2018 £710, 820, down from £2,163,772 the previous year.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 20:46]

you said fees broken down by player - they aren't. The figure you quote does not specify how much relates to any individual player, what proportion of any sale it represents or what future add-ons have been contracted

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:00 - Jan 22 with 1478 views442Dale

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:57 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

you said fees broken down by player - they aren't. The figure you quote does not specify how much relates to any individual player, what proportion of any sale it represents or what future add-ons have been contracted

Breakdowns have been provided at AGMs previously. Recall Matt Flynn’s transfer fee being a surprise!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:01 - Jan 22 with 1474 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 20:57 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

I actually said I imagine fees by individual player are disclosed at the AGM.

And further to 442Dale above, we were told that someone negotiated an actual cash fee for Dogshit Donnelly. That we received!!!
[Post edited 22 Jan 2020 21:03]

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:02 - Jan 22 with 1465 views49thseason

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/20-shot-assists-is-efl-teenager-worthy-of-hudd
Login to get fewer ads

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:11 - Jan 22 with 1423 viewstony_roch975

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:00 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

Breakdowns have been provided at AGMs previously. Recall Matt Flynn’s transfer fee being a surprise!

previously perhaps but not at the AGMs I've attended in the past decade

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:14 - Jan 22 with 1411 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:11 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

Was the question ever asked to break down fees received at all those Arms?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:22 - Jan 22 with 1392 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:11 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

Matt Flynn left in 2010, his transfer fee would have been included in accounts filed in 2011 in accordance with company law and then presented to shareholders at the corresponding AGM 9 years ago. I expect.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:24 - Jan 22 with 1392 viewstony_roch975

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:14 - Jan 22 by judd

Was the question ever asked to break down fees received at all those Arms?

sometimes and at Fans Forums I seem to recall - the response was that it was commercially sensitive or confidential under Employment Law.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:30 - Jan 22 with 1371 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:24 - Jan 22 by tony_roch975

sometimes and at Fans Forums I seem to recall - the response was that it was commercially sensitive or confidential under Employment Law.

A transfer fee is covered by employment law?

A shareholder cannot be denied the right to see an accurate breakdown of income and expenditure
It is how a board of directors is judged on their performance.

Of late it has been noted that contents of accounts packs sent to shareholders and the events of the AGM are accompanied by a request that they are not disclosed outside of shareholding circles (paraphrasing here).

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:41 - Jan 22 with 1346 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:02 - Jan 22 by 49thseason

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/20-shot-assists-is-efl-teenager-worthy-of-hudd

Is this click bait or is there genuinely something in this.
Huddersfield is 30 mins from Rochdale and about 50 mins from Hulme were Luke goes to school. So he could continue with his education with little disruption.
Chances are he is much more likely to get some first team football than going to a club higher up the food chain.
But the question is do they have the funds to make a decent offer or will we blink first?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:42 - Jan 22 with 1337 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:41 - Jan 22 by James1980

Is this click bait or is there genuinely something in this.
Huddersfield is 30 mins from Rochdale and about 50 mins from Hulme were Luke goes to school. So he could continue with his education with little disruption.
Chances are he is much more likely to get some first team football than going to a club higher up the food chain.
But the question is do they have the funds to make a decent offer or will we blink first?

If they sell Mooy or however it's spelt, they might.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:48 - Jan 22 with 1320 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 17:46 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Was that following his transfer to Norwich? I'd expect him to make at least the first one or two after his transfer based on his prior performances for the age-group team. Whether that's enough to keep him in the squad once he's no longer in contention for a first team place remains to be seen (don't think he's made the Norwich bench yet)

I know a few others do in their respective age groups but they're usually at fashionable clubs

He hasn't played for the U20s at all (as yet), and he wasn't in the last U19s squad either according to Wikipedia.

Looking at the squad and 'recent call-ups' there are hardly any players that have had game time at the top level. At a quick glance Adshead might be one of the more experienced of the pool in terms of first-team games aside from Saka at Arsenal who I suspect will move up to the U21s for the next squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:51 - Jan 22 with 1302 viewsEllDale

The way that Cowley is talking they need battle hardened pros for a relegation battle rather than buying kids with potential.
And their chairman has stated that there isn’t much in the kitty for transfers despite their parachute payment.
I do agree with James though that it would be a good fit for Luke travel wise and there’s also a decent university in the town.
Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:53 - Jan 22 with 1287 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:51 - Jan 22 by EllDale

The way that Cowley is talking they need battle hardened pros for a relegation battle rather than buying kids with potential.
And their chairman has stated that there isn’t much in the kitty for transfers despite their parachute payment.
I do agree with James though that it would be a good fit for Luke travel wise and there’s also a decent university in the town.

Any barbers?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:55 - Jan 22 with 1284 viewsD_Alien

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:48 - Jan 22 by AtThePeake

He hasn't played for the U20s at all (as yet), and he wasn't in the last U19s squad either according to Wikipedia.

Looking at the squad and 'recent call-ups' there are hardly any players that have had game time at the top level. At a quick glance Adshead might be one of the more experienced of the pool in terms of first-team games aside from Saka at Arsenal who I suspect will move up to the U21s for the next squad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks for the info ATP

I just wonder if it was his first-team game time that got him into the England youth squads ahead of lads from bigger clubs, but that's no longer to his advantage now

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:02 - Jan 22 with 1260 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:55 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Thanks for the info ATP

I just wonder if it was his first-team game time that got him into the England youth squads ahead of lads from bigger clubs, but that's no longer to his advantage now

Or, therefore, ours?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:05 - Jan 22 with 1246 viewsD_Alien

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:02 - Jan 22 by judd

Or, therefore, ours?

Relegation looks nailed on for Norwich

He'll hopefully start getting chances next season, especially if they have to offload some of their higher earners

But for now... no

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 1241 viewsJames1980

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:51 - Jan 22 by EllDale

Hopefully it doesn't go this way.
'We are a bit strapped for cash will you accept £500K plus add ons?'

'Well we were hoping for at least a million'

'We know you're skint, you like to let everyone know. Plus think of the bills £500k will cover'

'We could get a better offer'

'What if you don't? You decline today's offer it will be lower next time. How much did that other star of your youth academy....... Adshead wasn't it, go for? £300k?'

'OK OK £500k plus add ons. But the fee is undisclosed repeat it is undisclosed'

'Well we won't say anything but somehow the press always seem to find out'

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 1240 viewsAtThePeake

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:55 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Thanks for the info ATP

Possibly, but there's a handful of players in the last squad playing at clubs that I would consider of a similar level to Norwich who haven't had much if any game time yet - Sonny Hilton and Luca Ashby-Hammond (Fulham, 0 apps), Lee Buchanan (Derby, 2 apps), Marcus Dewhurst (Sheffield United, 0 apps).

One thing that has worried me looking at the youth squads here is just how few decent English keepers seem to be coming through at the moment - as if that wasn't already a problem in the first-team squad!

Tangled up in blue.

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:08 - Jan 22 with 1235 viewsTVOS1907

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 21:53 - Jan 22 by judd

Any barbers?

It's Huddersfield, not Seville.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:10 - Jan 22 with 1220 viewsjudd

Matheson Tracked By Huddersfield... on 22:08 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

It's Huddersfield, not Seville.

Jimmy?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024