Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump v Thunberg 08:26 - Jan 23 with 4786 viewsaleanddale

Fascinating stuff in Davos this week.

Capitalism v School girl eco warrior.

To be honest she has a point. All these trillions of dollars will be no use with no planet.

Global Population rising and fossil fuels running out. Massive push in the media now ref sustainability etc I just wonder if it’s too little to late. Not for our generation but any children born now there grandchildren will see a very different adult life. I am all for cutting back on meat eating and recycling and will go hybrid or electric with my next car.

Who do you think is closest to the truth Donald or Greta?

Trump v Thunberg on 08:44 - Jan 23 with 3424 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Thunberg is closer to the truth undoubtedly but it’s one thing to demand change & another to tell someone from a slum in Cambodia/India/Nigeria etc that they can’t have or aspire to stuff that we’ve taken for granted for decades.
Also there’s the issue of a population hurtling towards 10 billion.
Trump v Thunberg on 09:02 - Jan 23 with 3401 viewsJames1980

https://www.earthday.org/6-arguments-to-refute-your-climate-denying-relatives/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trump v Thunberg on 09:16 - Jan 23 with 3379 viewsfrenzied

Smart kid..the press are just waiting for her to make an error in her eco style lifestyle.

Love her dead pan and anger expressions..she has an “omen” type look about her.

Hope she continues to poke Trump and his ilk for a long time to come.
Trump v Thunberg on 09:25 - Jan 23 with 3363 viewsdownunder

The world looks forward to fossil fuel running out.On yer bike Trump,
Trump v Thunberg on 09:49 - Jan 23 with 3336 viewsD_Alien

Trump v Thunberg on 08:44 - Jan 23 by Plattyswrinklynuts

Thunberg is closer to the truth undoubtedly but it’s one thing to demand change & another to tell someone from a slum in Cambodia/India/Nigeria etc that they can’t have or aspire to stuff that we’ve taken for granted for decades.
Also there’s the issue of a population hurtling towards 10 billion.

Yes, a fascinating documentary by Chris Packham the other night (repeated tonight)

I don't share his pessimism, i strongly believe we will find solutions - or rather, implement them - before its too late, but you make an excellent point about population growth and the demands for a decent lifestyle

What irritates me is "stuff". Wherever you go in tourist hotspots, there's streets full of tat shops, all selling the same utter rubbish. Who makes this stuff? Who buys it? Getting rid of that supply chain would be a massive improvement to the environment, along with all other useless consumption
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 9:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trump v Thunberg on 09:54 - Jan 23 with 3328 viewsdawlishdale

The Earth warms up and cools down. It has been thus since it was formed.

However, I have little doubt that mankind is accelerating the current period of warming by a combination of polluting the atmosphere and our environment together with a rapid destruction of the forests that mop up much of the CO2 we produce.

The real issue however, is that there are FAR too many people living on our planet, and until there is a real commitment to reduce the growing population, the problems we face will only increase.
Until global leaders (and religious leaders most importantly) accept this, there can be no change.
Trump v Thunberg on 10:28 - Jan 23 with 3283 viewsjudd

Trump v Thunberg on 09:54 - Jan 23 by dawlishdale

However, I have little doubt that mankind is accelerating the current period of warming by a combination of polluting the atmosphere and our environment together with a rapid destruction of the forests that mop up much of the CO2 we produce.

The real issue however, is that there are FAR too many people living on our planet, and until there is a real commitment to reduce the growing population, the problems we face will only increase.
Until global leaders (and religious leaders most importantly) accept this, there can be no change.

Can we not build an extension?

Must be summat like the Moon that we can populate.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trump v Thunberg on 10:38 - Jan 23 with 3272 viewsaleanddale

Trump v Thunberg on 09:54 - Jan 23 by dawlishdale

It has warmed and cooled you are 100% right but not warmed at this alarming rate.

It is going to take something extraordinary to get the global population to plateau out or even reduce.

Not wanting to doommonger but I do think in 100 -200 years there could be some real global issues to address and reacting now rather than knee jerk then is the way to go.

200 years a blink of an eye in terms of the earth and how long it’s first hosted living breathing creatures.

World leaders really need to step up now.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump v Thunberg on 10:45 - Jan 23 with 3260 viewsDaleFan7

I'm not a climate change denier, I realise it is a very real problem and something the world leaders need to get a grip on as soon as possible.

However, Greta is just a puppet for her parents to make money and now a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon. She's been brainwashed into a singular way of thinking and reads off pre-written scripts and I think what they're doing with her is bordering on child exploitation (even more so given she's autistic and the adults should know better). There are several videos out there where she's at non-scripted panels and its clear that she doesn't really know what she's talking about.
Trump v Thunberg on 10:58 - Jan 23 with 3237 viewsrochdaleriddler

Trump v Thunberg on 10:45 - Jan 23 by DaleFan7

I'm not a climate change denier, I realise it is a very real problem and something the world leaders need to get a grip on as soon as possible.

However, Greta is just a puppet for her parents to make money and now a lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon. She's been brainwashed into a singular way of thinking and reads off pre-written scripts and I think what they're doing with her is bordering on child exploitation (even more so given she's autistic and the adults should know better). There are several videos out there where she's at non-scripted panels and its clear that she doesn't really know what she's talking about.

Not as many videos that show Trump really doesn’t know what he is talking about though

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Trump v Thunberg on 11:27 - Jan 23 with 3212 viewsjonahwhereru

Trump v Thunberg on 10:45 - Jan 23 by DaleFan7

Kind of disagree with your view on her. Personally I think she is a great advertisement for high functioning autism. She is articulate, given English is not her first language, determined and as you might expect with her condition very focused. Her conversation with David Attenborough was excellent.
She is the poster girl of climate change, and I accept to a degree is having her strings pulled. She also has a fantastic profile to improve the abysmal levels of employment for individuals with high functioning autism. The often have great skills in specific areas, but employers are reluctant to take a chance on them as their interpersonal skills are less developed and they can need more managing.
As for her and Trump one is a reactionary who is on the make, and the other is a teenager.
Trump v Thunberg on 11:30 - Jan 23 with 3205 viewsnordenblue

Trump v Thunberg on 10:28 - Jan 23 by judd

Some of the folk I have the pleasure to meet daily already live on there I think...
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 11:33]
Trump v Thunberg on 11:44 - Jan 23 with 3167 viewsScunnydale

Experts have, since the 1980s, tried to convince us of the dangers of global warming and the importance of immediate action, but to no avail. If it takes a Swedish teenager to get the message across, so be it. Even if that teen is being used as a puppet.

Of course, there are still plenty of people who shun the appeals of experts, instead preferring to hold stock in the opinions of glorified bloggers. There are also people keen to shout down Thunberg for 'her' views. However, it seems we are slowly cranking into gear and positive steps may soon happen — not before time.
Trump v Thunberg on 12:16 - Jan 23 with 3124 viewsJames1980

There is a a bit of land the otherside of Heywood currently not being used. How about a solar farm there or maybe plant some trees?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Trump v Thunberg on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 3122 views49thseason

Why Trump pulled out ofthe Paris Accord.... follow the money! The scam is all about carbon credits, it has nothing to do with climate change. Without the climate hysteria there would be no need for a system which is supposed to prevent emissions and then Al Gore and his friends wouldnt be in line to make $ trillions

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1yoKMBMPeNnGQ?t=1m8s&fbclid=IwAR2tnWX-auKROAxz6dPieK_WRse8

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/8290533/The-great-carbon

And here is a bit of the history of how it started and who started it.
https://www.tni.org/es/node/3898
Trump v Thunberg on 12:37 - Jan 23 with 3085 viewsblackdogblue

Trump v Thunberg on 10:28 - Jan 23 by judd

Didn’t go well in Space 1999 that idea?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Trump v Thunberg on 12:53 - Jan 23 with 3056 viewsDaleFan7

Trump v Thunberg on 11:27 - Jan 23 by jonahwhereru

Kind of disagree with your view on her. Personally I think she is a great advertisement for high functioning autism. She is articulate, given English is not her first language, determined and as you might expect with her condition very focused. Her conversation with David Attenborough was excellent.
She is the poster girl of climate change, and I accept to a degree is having her strings pulled. She also has a fantastic profile to improve the abysmal levels of employment for individuals with high functioning autism. The often have great skills in specific areas, but employers are reluctant to take a chance on them as their interpersonal skills are less developed and they can need more managing.
As for her and Trump one is a reactionary who is on the make, and the other is a teenager.

It wasn't any dig at her actually being autistic, it's amazing quite how clever people on the autistic spectrum are. It was more the fact her parents/other adults are taking full advantage of the fact that being autistic she is probably less likely to realise that's what she's being puppeteer-ed for.
Trump v Thunberg on 13:06 - Jan 23 with 3026 viewsjudd

Trump v Thunberg on 12:37 - Jan 23 by blackdogblue

Didn’t go well in Space 1999 that idea?

Ah come on now - no one has EVER been to the moon.

Although I do believe there is a McDonald's already there.

Trump v Thunberg on 13:08 - Jan 23 with 3025 viewsNigeriamark

Trump v Thunberg on 13:06 - Jan 23 by judd

There is. It's next door to the Irish pub
Trump v Thunberg on 14:17 - Jan 23 with 2959 viewsDaleiLama

Trump v Thunberg on 13:06 - Jan 23 by judd

So who parked up the Lancaster bomber then? It was on the front page of the paper so it must be true. Maybe the McDonalds is a fly through?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trump v Thunberg on 14:28 - Jan 23 with 2953 viewsjudd

Trump v Thunberg on 14:17 - Jan 23 by DaleiLama

So who parked up the Lancaster bomber then? It was on the front page of the paper so it must be true. Maybe the McDonalds is a fly through?

Elvis did.

Before he left the McDonald's building.

Trump v Thunberg on 14:29 - Jan 23 with 2950 viewsTomRAFC

When I've actually listened to Thunberg speak (rather than what fans or foes say about her) I am often impressed. Her mantra seems to be that people should listen to the evidence rather than her. As someone who has worked excessively with austistic people as a psychological therapist, the idea she is being puppeteered is tremendously unlikely. The idea that she could have been pressured into developing an obsessive knowledge of something without genuine interest in not a likely trait. An autistic person forced in to high pressured/confined situations (public speaking, living on a boat in confined spaces) etc without wanting to will likely experience intense levels of distress. Have her parents validated her direction? Yes. Could there be a cynical view of this where the parents also benefit? Quite possibly. That doesn't give any creedence to a theory of manipulation.

When I have listened to what Trump says (rather than what fans or foes say about him) I get very concerned. There is nothing wrong with holding traditional values or concerns around immigration. There is something deeply worrying about a world leader who (intentionally or unintentionally) tries to manage serious issues with flippancy and without regard for fact. His version of this goes to such an extent that lies about individuals/nations/objective facts are used to demonise. Tactical populist mastermind or a bumbling philistine? Who knows...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Trump v Thunberg on 14:38 - Jan 23 with 2945 viewsDaley_Lama

Trump v Thunberg on 14:29 - Jan 23 by TomRAFC

When I've actually listened to Thunberg speak (rather than what fans or foes say about her) I am often impressed. Her mantra seems to be that people should listen to the evidence rather than her. As someone who has worked excessively with austistic people as a psychological therapist, the idea she is being puppeteered is tremendously unlikely. The idea that she could have been pressured into developing an obsessive knowledge of something without genuine interest in not a likely trait. An autistic person forced in to high pressured/confined situations (public speaking, living on a boat in confined spaces) etc without wanting to will likely experience intense levels of distress. Have her parents validated her direction? Yes. Could there be a cynical view of this where the parents also benefit? Quite possibly. That doesn't give any creedence to a theory of manipulation.

When I have listened to what Trump says (rather than what fans or foes say about him) I get very concerned. There is nothing wrong with holding traditional values or concerns around immigration. There is something deeply worrying about a world leader who (intentionally or unintentionally) tries to manage serious issues with flippancy and without regard for fact. His version of this goes to such an extent that lies about individuals/nations/objective facts are used to demonise. Tactical populist mastermind or a bumbling philistine? Who knows...

To paraphrase a bloke from years ago

Trump believes in a god that he cannot see
Trump dismisses what he can see in front if him

Poll: DF in or out

Trump v Thunberg on 15:42 - Jan 23 with 2899 viewsrochdaleriddler

Trump v Thunberg on 14:29 - Jan 23 by TomRAFC

Trump is just a front guy for a very right wing administration, it’s his behaviour that is manipulated by people in the background, rather than Greta’s. She just implores people to listen to experts

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Trump v Thunberg on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 2897 views49thseason

A few questions for climate alarmists..
What is the "correct" level of CO2 in the atmosphere?
By how much has the average temperature of the planet increased since1880?
By how much has the average temperature increased since 2000?
Are more people dying from increased heat or cold?
Has there ever been a time when there was zero ice on the planet?
What effect does the Sun have on Earths climate?
Is it hotter or cooler now than when the Romans were growing grapes in Yorkshire?
Does the IPPC still believe in the Mann "hockey stick" graph?
What is the most abundant greenhouse gas?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024