Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? 12:40 - Jan 23 with 2030 viewsNigeriamark

A lot of competition for this one with plenty to choose from in every year of the last 6 decades!!

I'll go for Joe Dolce and Shaddup Ya Face. Remember it because it was number 1 for 3 weeks and kept Vienna by Ultravox out of top spot in each of those 3 weeks.

[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 12:41]
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 12:52 - Jan 23 with 1998 viewssince58

Telly Savallis. If.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 12:54 - Jan 23 with 1992 viewsdaledaft

Gangnam Style. PSY.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 12:58 - Jan 23 with 1986 viewsjustanillusion

Mr Blobby 😟
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 12:58]
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:03 - Jan 23 with 1965 viewsDaleiLama

Two-way tie off the top of my head:

Grandad - Clive Dunn
Floral Dance - spoken by Terry Wogan

There are a lot to choose from in history though.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:19 - Jan 23 with 1937 viewsjudd

This is the sort of thread to cause the worst of earworms and the eventual outbreak of violence it deserves.

Poll: What is it to be then?

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:25 - Jan 23 with 1929 viewsAtThePeake

Was about to say the Crazy Frog but Wikipedia informs me that the Crazy Frog had FIVE Top 20 hits in the UK. What even is this country?

Tangled up in blue.

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:27 - Jan 23 with 1919 viewsDaleiLama

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:19 - Jan 23 by judd

This is the sort of thread to cause the worst of earworms and the eventual outbreak of violence it deserves.

At risk of pushing you past the point of no return ...…..

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:29 - Jan 23 with 1910 viewsjudd

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:27 - Jan 23 by DaleiLama

At risk of pushing you past the point of no return ...…..

No more Mr Nice Guy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Login to get fewer ads

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:40 - Jan 23 with 1893 viewsD_Alien

Pictures of Matchstalk Men by Status Quo, accompanied by St. Winifred's school choir

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:44 - Jan 23 with 1877 viewsEllDale

Star Trekking Across the Universe
I am the One and Only
Any anthem by a football team apart from World in Motion
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:52 - Jan 23 with 1860 viewsJames1980

My parents use to listen to this when they lived in the London area

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:07 - Jan 23 with 1792 viewsChaffRAFC

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:44 - Jan 23 by EllDale

Star Trekking Across the Universe
I am the One and Only
Any anthem by a football team apart from World in Motion

Star Trekkin is ace!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:16 - Jan 23 with 1774 viewsSandyman

Goombay Dance Band - Seven Tears. Horrendous.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:22 - Jan 23 with 1765 viewsNigeriamark

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:52 - Jan 23 by James1980

My parents use to listen to this when they lived in the London area

Definitely didn't top the charts although now I know who bought the other copy !!
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:26 - Jan 23 with 1764 viewschalky_ncfc

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:03 - Jan 23 by DaleiLama

Two-way tie off the top of my head:

Grandad - Clive Dunn
Floral Dance - spoken by Terry Wogan

There are a lot to choose from in history though.

I think that Grandad is a great song,I can imagine some oap sitting there reminiscing about years gone by when he was a lad and let's not forget that it was written by the highly respected Herbie Flowers

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:34 - Jan 23 with 1746 viewsJames1980

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:22 - Jan 23 by Nigeriamark

Definitely didn't top the charts although now I know who bought the other copy !!

Not that track in particular but Kenny Everett's world's worst record show on Capital

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:38 - Jan 23 with 1744 viewschalky_ncfc

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:40 - Jan 23 by D_Alien

Pictures of Matchstalk Men by Status Quo, accompanied by St. Winifred's school choir

St Winifreds School Choir hit No.1 with their There's No one Like Grandma but they was also the backing singers on Brian and Michaels Matchstick Men and Matchstick Cats and Dogs so becoming a one hit wonder twice over

You are welcome interesting fact fans
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 16:41]

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:07 - Jan 23 with 1680 viewstodmordendale

Mike Flowers Wonderwall
Proper Shite
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:13 - Jan 23 with 1663 viewssince58

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:07 - Jan 23 by todmordendale

Mike Flowers Wonderwall
Proper Shite

Great piss take.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:18 - Jan 23 with 1655 viewsjoecooke

classic

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:36 - Jan 23 with 1634 viewsfinberty

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:38 - Jan 23 by chalky_ncfc

St Winifreds School Choir hit No.1 with their There's No one Like Grandma but they was also the backing singers on Brian and Michaels Matchstick Men and Matchstick Cats and Dogs so becoming a one hit wonder twice over

You are welcome interesting fact fans
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 16:41]

At least one of those featured Sally Lindsay (Corrie, Still Open All Hours) as a choir member.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:39 - Jan 23 with 1629 viewsfinberty

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 16:26 - Jan 23 by chalky_ncfc

I think that Grandad is a great song,I can imagine some oap sitting there reminiscing about years gone by when he was a lad and let's not forget that it was written by the highly respected Herbie Flowers

"the highly respected Herbie Flowers" - absolutely. The bass player on 'Walk on the Wild Side'.
..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 18:50 - Jan 23 with 1610 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Luckily those talentless irritating pair of Irish feckwits jedward only made it to number 2, or I fear this thread could be closed.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 19:12 - Jan 23 with 1588 viewsboromat

..... And the worst 1 hit wonder to top the Charts ? on 13:25 - Jan 23 by AtThePeake

Was about to say the Crazy Frog but Wikipedia informs me that the Crazy Frog had FIVE Top 20 hits in the UK. What even is this country?

Same here I was going to say Aqua - Barbie Girl but apparently 3 of their singles reached number one in the UK charts.

It did however win the NME award for worst single which restored some of my faith in humanity.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024