Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superbowl week 18:27 - Jan 27 with 5469 viewsNigeriamark

I know there are a few fans on this site so I will start an early thread. Who do you think will win on Sunday, what do you think of this season and how did your teams do?

1. A cracking game all set up on Sunday. 1 team with a brilliant defence and running game v a team with a great offence and quarterback. Looking forward to it and I will go with the 49rs

2. A great season with some real young players breaking through and some great games. Loved watching the Ravens who blew up in the play offs & Lamar Jackson has been unbelievable. Mahommes had a great season again even if down on last year & the 49rs have been a big surprise

3. What can I say about the Browns other than FFS !!!. The biggest pre season hype in history , 3 midweek televised games and the expectation that they could perhaps go all the way to the SB. Finished 6-10 ( worse than last year), their best player suspended indefinitely for smacking an opponent on the head with a helmet, a QB who was ranked last, a head coach ( now fired) who didn't have a clue & the biggest let down in OBJ. Well there's always next season to look forward to !!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 18:27]
Superbowl week on 19:06 - Jan 27 with 3754 viewsVivaDonaldo

I'd go for the 49ers too.

Mainly because for them to be unsuccessful a lot of people need to have a bad game. That great defence, Kittle, the trio of running back/ receiver options they have.

For the chiefs it needs any two of Mahomes, Kelce or Hill to have a bad game and they're stuffed.

That said if all 3 are good it's going to be a great game.

As a 49ers fan the season has almost come out of nowhere but yet again a superbowl team is built on a great defence and Bosa has to win the defensive if not the rookie of the year.

Browns always felt over hyped to me. Sorry!
Superbowl week on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 3751 viewsisitme

I'm a Chiefs supporter and never thought I would see them play in the Superbowl. Reid made the team competitive but there is a big difference between getting into the playoffs and being able to challenge for the championship. Mahomes is that difference, epecially now that he is fit after struggling with a high ankle sprain and then a dislocated knee cap.

On paper it will be a close game and the narrative will be who fairs best the Chiefs run defense versus the 49s pass defense. Although more likely it will come down to turnovers. If the Chiefs can make Garoppolo have to beat them they stand more of a chance than the 49ers working down the clock with the running game. In someways elements of the game could be similar to the Titans one, although the 49ers pass rush is infinitely better. Hopefully I will be happy on Monday!

Browns do what the Browns do. Kitchens was way out of his depth and the team overall lacks discipline, especially Mayfield who regressed last season and spent too much time fighting with the media and other players on Twitter.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 19:11]
Superbowl week on 19:33 - Jan 27 with 3722 viewspioneer

Go chiefs! Some. former Bills players in their team...that should see them over the line.

Great season for the Bills until they threw away their chance of progressing in the play offs. Should have won that late season game at Patriots andthat would have given them a home game in the play offs .

Silver lining is we wont have to watch Brady next week!

Never give up on those Brownies! Great fans...shame about the team.
Superbowl week on 20:27 - Jan 27 with 3670 viewssweetcorn

Fancy the chiefs to cause a (minor) upset. Mahomes has that star quality, if he fires they win.

Just hoping for a more lively Super Bowl than last years!

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Superbowl week on 20:28 - Jan 27 with 3666 viewsDaley_Lama

Superbowl week on 20:27 - Jan 27 by sweetcorn

Fancy the chiefs to cause a (minor) upset. Mahomes has that star quality, if he fires they win.

Just hoping for a more lively Super Bowl than last years!

Chiefs for me, fantastic quarterback v ace runners

Poll: DF in or out

Superbowl week on 20:30 - Jan 27 with 3662 viewssweetcorn

Just read the original post, I’m a browns follower as when I started watching NFL they were the worst team and I thought it would be funny.

Browns have the making of a good team, 2 quality RB’s in Kareem and Chub, I expect them to be much better next season with those two available all season.

OBJ has always been a very flakey player, so it’s not a surprise that’s how he’s performed for the browns. He’ll make the ridiculous highlight reel catches multiple times in a season, but when it comes to the weekly grind of getting yards on the board every week, he’s light years away from someone like Julio Jones.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 20:32]

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Superbowl week on 21:09 - Jan 27 with 3610 viewsDaleiLama

Very interesting match up this one. The unstoppable offense versus arguably the most complete team in the league.

Historically, defense wins Championships and an effective running game is a good complementary tool which would normally tip the balance, so the 49ers ought to be faves. For me though, I'm going with the Chiefs.

Firstly, I'm an AFC man. Secondly, the Chiefs stopped Derrick Henry - so if they can do the same to the 9ers, is Jimmy G good enough - Tanny patently wasn't in the Conference Championship game? Thirdly, Mahomes. He's just a freak and if he plays even remotely close to his potential he can make any team look foolish. All decisions made with the heart, as the head would pick the 49ers every day of the week.

Finally, a word on the Fins. They couldn't even Tank for Tua effectively. After looking the most inept franchise since the Bucs Keystone Cops season, they went and started winning games. So now the draft could go any way. We've sold (traded) all the silver for draft picks and have a ludicrously low salary cap - it's a scorched earth rebuild. On the plus side, it looks like we finally have a HC in Flores and are starting to do things the right way after a couple of decades+ of being mired in mediocrity. The big question of the off season is can Chris Grier, GM, use all the picks he has at his disposal this year and next to build a half decent team the right way, through the draft. And will he get Tua. He has the ammo to trade up to 3 or even 2 if necessary, but will one of the teams ahead of Miami want him anyway? Rumours Detroit might pick him at 3 and trade Stafford?

Watching the Fins this season was the least stressful ever, because my expectation was at zero and I even only caught up with some scores at the end of games when I would historically have streamed the whole game. I have to say though, I did enjoy watching Flores mould a bunch of mercenaries and free agents into a semi-competitive team that went and beat the Patsies in NE and knocked them out of the number 2 seed in the AFC. So the season could in no way be seen as a disaster despite the W/L record.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:57]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Superbowl week on 21:19 - Jan 27 with 3601 views442Dale

First thought: it’s a kit clash.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Superbowl week on 21:58 - Jan 27 with 3575 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 21:19 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

First thought: it’s a kit clash.

Bit of bedtime reading just for you 442!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-uniforms-why-chiefs-decision-

Superbowl week on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 3577 views442Dale

Superbowl week on 21:58 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

Bit of bedtime reading just for you 442!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-uniforms-why-chiefs-decision-

Had spotted the potential red/gold/white problem prior to the Conference championships. Not slept for a while.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Superbowl week on 22:01 - Jan 27 with 3577 viewspioneer

Superbowl week on 21:09 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

Very interesting match up this one. The unstoppable offense versus arguably the most complete team in the league.

Historically, defense wins Championships and an effective running game is a good complementary tool which would normally tip the balance, so the 49ers ought to be faves. For me though, I'm going with the Chiefs.

Firstly, I'm an AFC man. Secondly, the Chiefs stopped Derrick Henry - so if they can do the same to the 9ers, is Jimmy G good enough - Tanny patently wasn't in the Conference Championship game? Thirdly, Mahomes. He's just a freak and if he plays even remotely close to his potential he can make any team look foolish. All decisions made with the heart, as the head would pick the 49ers every day of the week.

Finally, a word on the Fins. They couldn't even Tank for Tua effectively. After looking the most inept franchise since the Bucs Keystone Cops season, they went and started winning games. So now the draft could go any way. We've sold (traded) all the silver for draft picks and have a ludicrously low salary cap - it's a scorched earth rebuild. On the plus side, it looks like we finally have a HC in Flores and are starting to do things the right way after a couple of decades+ of being mired in mediocrity. The big question of the off season is can Chris Grier, GM, use all the picks he has at his disposal this year and next to build a half decent team the right way, through the draft. And will he get Tua. He has the ammo to trade up to 3 or even 2 if necessary, but will one of the teams ahead of Miami want him anyway? Rumours Detroit might pick him at 3 and trade Stafford?

Watching the Fins this season was the least stressful ever, because my expectation was at zero and I even only caught up with some scores at the end of games when I would historically have streamed the whole game. I have to say though, I did enjoy watching Flores mould a bunch of mercenaries and free agents into a semi-competitive team that went and beat the Patsies in NE and knocked them out of the number 2 seed in the AFC. So the season could in no way be seen as a disaster despite the W/L record.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 14:57]

Yes DL, all of Buffalo were cheering for the fins that day. Usually they cheer forwhoever is playing Miami but when that ‘whoever’ is NEP,, everyone is a fin for the day.
Superbowl week on 22:02 - Jan 27 with 3568 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 22:00 - Jan 27 by 442Dale

Had spotted the potential red/gold/white problem prior to the Conference championships. Not slept for a while.

Superbowl week on 22:02 - Jan 27 with 3565 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 22:01 - Jan 27 by pioneer

Yes DL, all of Buffalo were cheering for the fins that day. Usually they cheer forwhoever is playing Miami but when that ‘whoever’ is NEP,, everyone is a fin for the day.

If you don't hate the Pats you don't understand football!

Superbowl week on 22:30 - Jan 27 with 3543 viewsDaleiLama

For Mark and Sweetcorn ……….. a new era dawns

[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 22:33]

Superbowl week on 04:58 - Jan 28 with 3494 viewsrichfoad32

Superbowl week on 22:30 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

Wow. that's an Ivy League brain trust! Going young too, interesting times for the Browns....

I follow the Redskins, similar to Cleveland in that they're a once great franchise now reduced to a league wide joke. I don't follow as religiously as when I got into the sport in the mid 80's but the last couple of seasons my interest has revived again.

I'd like to see the Chiefs win Sunday as at least it will be someone a bit different. Owt against the 49'ers really, but when I first started watching they were a perennial contender and beat the 'Skins several times in the playoffs so I still hold a small grudge. Promises to be a great game and as I'm off work Monday I will endeavour to stay up and watch it if only for the 'never tedious Super Bowl halftime show'.....
Superbowl week on 08:26 - Jan 28 with 3430 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 04:58 - Jan 28 by richfoad32

Wow. that's an Ivy League brain trust! Going young too, interesting times for the Browns....

I follow the Redskins, similar to Cleveland in that they're a once great franchise now reduced to a league wide joke. I don't follow as religiously as when I got into the sport in the mid 80's but the last couple of seasons my interest has revived again.

I'd like to see the Chiefs win Sunday as at least it will be someone a bit different. Owt against the 49'ers really, but when I first started watching they were a perennial contender and beat the 'Skins several times in the playoffs so I still hold a small grudge. Promises to be a great game and as I'm off work Monday I will endeavour to stay up and watch it if only for the 'never tedious Super Bowl halftime show'.....

I also started in the mid 80s - Marino's rookie year. The year they lost to the 49ers in the Superbowl, so another reason for wanting the Chiefs to win. There are quite a few of us who follow teams that have gone through rough times for a while now. I'll stay up as long as I can then record the rest.

Superbowl week on 09:29 - Jan 28 with 3411 viewsNigeriamark

Superbowl week on 22:30 - Jan 27 by DaleiLama

The New Era has been dawning every year for the last 30 or so ( Since "The Drive"). I only expected an 8-8 season last year ( which they failed to reach) and didn't buy all the hype ( 51 seasons as a Dale fan has curbed my expectation levels). However the chaos of this season couldn't have been predicted

They do have the players already + some room on the salary cap and a reasonably high 1st round pick (7 I think).

So here's to New Dawn number 31
Superbowl week on 10:03 - Jan 28 with 3388 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 09:29 - Jan 28 by Nigeriamark

The New Era has been dawning every year for the last 30 or so ( Since "The Drive"). I only expected an 8-8 season last year ( which they failed to reach) and didn't buy all the hype ( 51 seasons as a Dale fan has curbed my expectation levels). However the chaos of this season couldn't have been predicted

They do have the players already + some room on the salary cap and a reasonably high 1st round pick (7 I think).

So here's to New Dawn number 31

No one said it would be easy …………….

Superbowl week on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 3364 viewsParkinsGimp

I dont give a flying F.......
Absolute tosh of a sport along with baseball. They complained about football for years being stop start....the hypocrisy of yanks is astounding. Its like watching paint dry.
Superbowl week on 12:31 - Jan 28 with 3344 viewspioneer

Superbowl week on 11:35 - Jan 28 by ParkinsGimp

I dont give a flying F.......
Absolute tosh of a sport along with baseball. They complained about football for years being stop start....the hypocrisy of yanks is astounding. Its like watching paint dry.

cmon...tell us how you really feel about!

In its favour their is no time wasting.....the clock stops. On the downside stopping the clock (mainly an excuse for TV breaks) means a 60 min game takes 3 hours to play!

I once was at a Bills game when they had an power outage due to some kids helium balloon hitting power wires or something. The TV feed was disrupted so no TV breaks and the game was over in 90 mins.

NFL is a great spectcle particularly in some of the rust belt cities (Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh) were the atmosphere at games is incredible. But you cant get a pie and bovril at half time.
Superbowl week on 14:00 - Jan 28 with 3305 viewsrichfoad32

Superbowl week on 08:26 - Jan 28 by DaleiLama

I also started in the mid 80s - Marino's rookie year. The year they lost to the 49ers in the Superbowl, so another reason for wanting the Chiefs to win. There are quite a few of us who follow teams that have gone through rough times for a while now. I'll stay up as long as I can then record the rest.

I was the season after, when the Bears romped to the title. Guessing you were a Channel 4 convertee as well? Awesome coverage for the time, even if the scores were a week out of date!

Still love the 'Two Tribes' roundups today and 'Holding out for a Hero' at the start. Channel 4 did a lot to pioneer more 'exotic' sports in this country and are solely responsible for my interest in American Football, baseball, Aussie Rules and cycling to this day. Never was sold on kabaddi though...
Superbowl week on 14:46 - Jan 28 with 3278 viewsDaleiLama

Superbowl week on 14:00 - Jan 28 by richfoad32

I was the season after, when the Bears romped to the title. Guessing you were a Channel 4 convertee as well? Awesome coverage for the time, even if the scores were a week out of date!

Still love the 'Two Tribes' roundups today and 'Holding out for a Hero' at the start. Channel 4 did a lot to pioneer more 'exotic' sports in this country and are solely responsible for my interest in American Football, baseball, Aussie Rules and cycling to this day. Never was sold on kabaddi though...

Yes indeed Rich - I even used to buy Touchdown magazine (which is still going and a week out of date). I also got hooked on cycling then and even quite enjoyed Sumo

This one's for you!

Edit - I confess I was sad enough to listen to games on the AFRTS radio broadcast on MW - Monday nights were a killer with a 5am finish or later. There was always an opera singer and a Spanish radio station vying for bandwidth too which made it all the easier to nod off mid game.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 14:59]

Superbowl week on 18:51 - Jan 28 with 3197 viewsrichfoad32

Superbowl week on 14:46 - Jan 28 by DaleiLama

Yes indeed Rich - I even used to buy Touchdown magazine (which is still going and a week out of date). I also got hooked on cycling then and even quite enjoyed Sumo

This one's for you!

Edit - I confess I was sad enough to listen to games on the AFRTS radio broadcast on MW - Monday nights were a killer with a 5am finish or later. There was always an opera singer and a Spanish radio station vying for bandwidth too which made it all the easier to nod off mid game.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2020 14:59]

The Fridge! I had a reason to research him recently and must admit he was far from the one season media wonder I thought he was. He actually had quite a solid ten year career including a season with the London Monarchs I have no memory of whatsoever. Thanks for posting his TD run as opposed to this shocking effort

Terrible music videos were all the rage in the mid 80's, I remember the Raiders and Cowboys jumping on the bandwagon as well.

Glad (and a little surprised) to hear Touchdown is still going, I used to buy it and Gridiron on a regular basis. I was also an AFRTS disciple, it was a perfect end to the weekend to fall asleep to on the rare occasions the reception was good, didn't matter who was playing.
Superbowl week on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 3143 viewsPaulrw89

What's with all the hate on my Pats? Haha.

Let's go 49ers & Jimmy G!
Superbowl week on 22:27 - Jan 28 with 3117 viewsSuddenLad

Jesus.... are there actually people outside the USA that take this stuff seriously ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024