Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendowatch 16:00 - Feb 3 with 35843 viewsAtThePeake

I keep forgetting how far Hendo is from the record(s) and after DDB posted them in another thread I thought I'd start this one to keep on top of how far away he is.

All-Time League Record: 119
Current Hendo Tally: 112

All-Time Overall Record: 129
Current Hendo Tally: 127

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Hendowatch on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 10429 viewsDaleiLama

Opened this thread thinking we may have a new offering for sale at the club shop? After the Sunderland mugs …………..

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendowatch on 16:46 - Feb 3 with 10362 viewsdingdangblue

Unless he breaks the league record he cant be regarded as the all time greatest in my eyes - better sign that new deal Ian 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendowatch on 16:49 - Feb 3 with 10385 viewsEllDale

Could he have broken it already if he'd converted his missed penalties and not been suspended at times?
Only being flippant!
Hendowatch on 17:18 - Feb 3 with 10295 viewskiwidale

Hendowatch on 16:49 - Feb 3 by EllDale

Could he have broken it already if he'd converted his missed penalties and not been suspended at times?
Only being flippant!

One for TVOS how many pens have Henderson and Jenkins scored?

This is not the time for bickering.

Hendowatch on 17:25 - Feb 3 with 10242 viewsdingdangblue

Hendowatch on 17:18 - Feb 3 by kiwidale

According to this has scored 26 (for Dale) and missed 8

Not missed since Bradford 2017 (8 consecutive scored)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ian-henderson/elfmetertore/spieler/11686
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 17:30]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hendowatch on 17:34 - Feb 3 with 10248 viewsdeeplishblue

Full list of players with 50 goals or more - information kindly supplied by TVOS when I originally created a thread when Hendo reached 50 - 19/03/2016

Reg Jenkins 129
Albert Whiteurst 124
Ian Henderson 124
Steve Whitehall 92
Gary Jones 80
Billy Bertram 74
Ronnie Cairns 73
Jimmy Wynn 65
Chris Dagnall 60
Frank Lord 56
Steve Taylor 56
George Morton 55
Bobby Hughes 50

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hendowatch on 17:53 - Feb 3 with 10186 viewsdiver

Hendowatch on 17:34 - Feb 3 by deeplishblue

Full list of players with 50 goals or more - information kindly supplied by TVOS when I originally created a thread when Hendo reached 50 - 19/03/2016

Reg Jenkins 129
Albert Whiteurst 124
Ian Henderson 124
Steve Whitehall 92
Gary Jones 80
Billy Bertram 74
Ronnie Cairns 73
Jimmy Wynn 65
Chris Dagnall 60
Frank Lord 56
Steve Taylor 56
George Morton 55
Bobby Hughes 50

Daggers still playing.
Hendowatch on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 10130 viewsblackdogblue

Hendowatch on 16:28 - Feb 3 by DaleiLama

Opened this thread thinking we may have a new offering for sale at the club shop? After the Sunderland mugs …………..

Would be better with commutative travel cups for the coach as we are away next?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Hendowatch on 19:44 - Feb 3 with 9908 viewsTVOS1907

Hendowatch on 17:18 - Feb 3 by kiwidale

Henderson 26
Jenkins 24

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Hendowatch on 07:12 - Feb 4 with 9527 viewspioneer

Hendowatch on 19:44 - Feb 3 by TVOS1907

Henderson 26
Jenkins 24

only three players scored 100 goals for us and they were 50 years apart. Should expect the next one around 2070.
Hendowatch on 08:03 - Feb 5 with 8865 viewsaleanddale

10 more this season possible?

Break both records and finish up

120 league

134 overall

Hendowatch on 09:06 - Feb 5 with 8796 viewsdingdangblue

Hendowatch on 08:03 - Feb 5 by aleanddale

10 more this season possible?

Break both records and finish up

120 league

134 overall

14 games left to score 10 goals.
No chance.
He could get his 6 though for the overall record - even that will be tight with the tough run in.

Hendowatch on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 8790 viewsaleanddale

Hendowatch on 09:06 - Feb 5 by dingdangblue

14 games left to score 10 goals.
No chance.
He could get his 6 though for the overall record - even that will be tight with the tough run in.

12 month extension then?

Hendowatch on 10:37 - Feb 5 with 8701 viewsdingdangblue

Hendowatch on 09:39 - Feb 5 by aleanddale

12 month extension then?

It will be very interesting if he doesn't score 6 more. Bit of a dilemma for him.

Hendowatch on 11:02 - Feb 5 with 8690 viewsJames1980

Will he be happy being second highest goal scorer?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hendowatch on 11:16 - Feb 5 with 8669 viewsaleanddale

Hendowatch on 11:02 - Feb 5 by James1980

Will he be happy being second highest goal scorer?

I hope not and I doubt it.

What a legacy to leave being number 1.

Come on Hendo those legs have another year in them easy!
Hendowatch on 11:45 - Feb 5 with 8628 viewsJames1980

Hendowatch on 11:16 - Feb 5 by aleanddale

I hope not and I doubt it.

What a legacy to leave being number 1.

Come on Hendo those legs have another year in them easy!

'Happy' was the wrong word, hopefully he won't settle for 2nd place.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hendowatch on 12:34 - Feb 5 with 8573 viewsAtThePeake

He's spoken about it being important to him before, which I think is fairly rare these days. I think most players would try to downplay it as much as possible until it was done or at least very close.

Could we end up in a very odd situation if we end up putting some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone whereby we actually don't want Hendo to score as it increases our chances of getting him to stay for another season?

Tangled up in blue.

Hendowatch on 15:17 - Feb 5 with 8439 viewsjonahwhereru

Hendowatch on 12:34 - Feb 5 by AtThePeake

He's spoken about it being important to him before, which I think is fairly rare these days. I think most players would try to downplay it as much as possible until it was done or at least very close.

Could we end up in a very odd situation if we end up putting some distance between ourselves and the relegation zone whereby we actually don't want Hendo to score as it increases our chances of getting him to stay for another season?

Interesting. If it were me and I was close to the record and then found myself rested once the league position was safe I would take a very dim view of it. TBH I think I would just prefer to let him roll along and try and bag as many as he can.
We are second guessing his thoughts at the moment, and I for one don’t have a good record with second guessing.
Hendowatch on 19:02 - Feb 5 with 8281 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hendowatch on 15:17 - Feb 5 by jonahwhereru

Interesting. If it were me and I was close to the record and then found myself rested once the league position was safe I would take a very dim view of it. TBH I think I would just prefer to let him roll along and try and bag as many as he can.
We are second guessing his thoughts at the moment, and I for one don’t have a good record with second guessing.

Has anyone just asked him?

Even though it may not be the total truth in reply you can read a lot into what is said and how it’s said.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hendowatch on 19:39 - Feb 5 with 8206 viewsdingdangblue

Hendowatch on 19:02 - Feb 5 by Thacks_Rabbits

Has anyone just asked him?

Even though it may not be the total truth in reply you can read a lot into what is said and how it’s said.

We should know some more after the forum - I'm sure Hendo and Camps contract situations will be asked about.

Hendowatch on 23:11 - Feb 5 with 8068 viewsD_Dale

With all due respect to Hendo, I'm not sure I'd want him to topple Reg, who provided some good memories, from his place as all-time top scorer.

Even TVOS won't know which of the two has the better goals scored/minutes played ratio. It must be very close.
Hendowatch on 23:49 - Feb 5 with 8019 viewsD_Alien

Hendowatch on 23:11 - Feb 5 by D_Dale

With all due respect to Hendo, I'm not sure I'd want him to topple Reg, who provided some good memories, from his place as all-time top scorer.

Even TVOS won't know which of the two has the better goals scored/minutes played ratio. It must be very close.

I guess its difficult for more recent generations, who have no memory of Reg, to realise how revered he was; not just as a scorer of emphatic and important goals, but for his overall demeanour

I agree with you, it wouldn't be the end of the world if his record remained intact

On the other hand, records are there to be broken and Hendo would deserve the accolade should it happen

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendowatch on 23:54 - Feb 5 with 8023 viewspioneer

Hendowatch on 23:11 - Feb 5 by D_Dale

Reg spent some time playing centre half, as it was called then, during the dark times of the mid sixties. I prefer not to compare the two, both great players, great servants to the club and for those fortunate enough to have seen both, the provders of memories that last forever.

We should name the willbutts and main stands after these two legends. And if there was anybody still around who saw Albert Whitehurst they would probably argue for naming the sand lane after him.

If the club arent interested in naming stands after legends perhaps we could have a wall of fame entry to which would be based on explicit criteria like 300 plus games or 100 + goals. The thresholds would need to be kept high in order to ensure it remained special’.
Hendowatch on 00:14 - Feb 6 with 8008 viewsAtThePeake

Hendowatch on 23:54 - Feb 5 by pioneer

Reg spent some time playing centre half, as it was called then, during the dark times of the mid sixties. I prefer not to compare the two, both great players, great servants to the club and for those fortunate enough to have seen both, the provders of memories that last forever.

We should name the willbutts and main stands after these two legends. And if there was anybody still around who saw Albert Whitehurst they would probably argue for naming the sand lane after him.

If the club arent interested in naming stands after legends perhaps we could have a wall of fame entry to which would be based on explicit criteria like 300 plus games or 100 + goals. The thresholds would need to be kept high in order to ensure it remained special’.

Would love to see something like this across the back of the Sandy with images of Hendo, Reg, Simmonds etc.

https://www.alamy.com/leeds-uk-26th-dec-2018-headingley-emerald-stadium-leeds-en

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024