Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magic of the cup 10:38 - Feb 8 with 3337 viewsDaleFan7

Teams forced to pay for the farce that is VAR!
Magic of the cup on 14:18 - Feb 8 with 3221 views49thseason

I think we should ask for a break down of that figure. It would be interesting to know how much the referee watching on TV gets paid and is it the same as the match official gets paid?
"(iv) The Competition Proper: First and Second Rounds:
(8)
Referee, £310.00; Assistant Referees, £155.00 each, Fourth Official, £80.00*.
*£145.00 if National List Referee appointed
(v) The Competition Proper: Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds:
Referee, £375.00; Assistant Referees, £375.00 each; Fourth Official, £320.00".
Magic of the cup on 15:52 - Feb 8 with 3107 viewsboromat

Magic of the cup on 14:18 - Feb 8 by 49thseason

I think we should ask for a break down of that figure. It would be interesting to know how much the referee watching on TV gets paid and is it the same as the match official gets paid?
"(iv) The Competition Proper: First and Second Rounds:
(8)
Referee, £310.00; Assistant Referees, £155.00 each, Fourth Official, £80.00*.
*£145.00 if National List Referee appointed
(v) The Competition Proper: Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds:
Referee, £375.00; Assistant Referees, £375.00 each; Fourth Official, £320.00".

Shouldn't the match officials get paid less now that they get extra help?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Magic of the cup on 16:26 - Feb 8 with 3052 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Magic of the cup on 17:43 - Feb 8 with 2961 viewsDalenet

Magic of the cup on 16:26 - Feb 8 by 442Dale

I'm not convinced it was switched on at St James Park. If the first game was not VAR enabled why is a replay played under VAR conditions? I know it was when we were at Wembley in the Spurs replay, but it was only on pilot then. I am not convinced the approach to using it is fair if it can't be used consistently across all games
Magic of the cup on 17:48 - Feb 8 with 2944 viewsleedsdale

Magic of the cup on 17:43 - Feb 8 by Dalenet

I'm not convinced it was switched on at St James Park. If the first game was not VAR enabled why is a replay played under VAR conditions? I know it was when we were at Wembley in the Spurs replay, but it was only on pilot then. I am not convinced the approach to using it is fair if it can't be used consistently across all games

It was on at SJP - there was definitely a red card review that I can remember
Magic of the cup on 16:22 - Feb 10 with 2591 viewsjudd

Pursuant to Rule 13(h) of the Rules of the Competition, VAR shall be in use in Emirates FA Cup matches that are played at the grounds of Premier League Clubs during this season’s competition.

The total cost for the use of VAR in each match shall be £9,251.00 + VAT and this amount shall be deducted as a match expense in accordance with FA Cup Rule 23(J).

Payment shall be made to the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (“PGMOL”) via the Premier League who shall invoice the relevant home Club on conclusion of each match.’

Poll: What is it to be then?

Magic of the cup on 21:56 - Feb 10 with 2406 viewsjudd

Magic of the cup on 16:22 - Feb 10 by judd

Pursuant to Rule 13(h) of the Rules of the Competition, VAR shall be in use in Emirates FA Cup matches that are played at the grounds of Premier League Clubs during this season’s competition.

The total cost for the use of VAR in each match shall be £9,251.00 + VAT and this amount shall be deducted as a match expense in accordance with FA Cup Rule 23(J).

Payment shall be made to the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (“PGMOL”) via the Premier League who shall invoice the relevant home Club on conclusion of each match.’

Forgot to add, the comment by Kieran Maguire states that the clubs didn't know about the charge.

The FA issued the notification in August 2019 of this rule, however right or wrong it is.

Still, we got a pre emptive strike in by charging top whack for tickets and a delicious breakfast eh?
[Post edited 10 Feb 2020 22:34]

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024