Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
radio bolton. 19:27 - Feb 11 with 104794 viewssince58

wtf is going on. last time I looked they were bottom of lge 1 yet still tonight they are
the main game lge 2 looms yet STILL they are the main game fookin stinks.
radio bolton. on 19:36 - Feb 11 with 19108 viewspnc4eva1

Unfortunately they have a larger fan base so the theory is they will attract more listeners

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

radio bolton. on 19:43 - Feb 11 with 19066 viewssince58

radio bolton. on 19:36 - Feb 11 by pnc4eva1

Unfortunately they have a larger fan base so the theory is they will attract more listeners

Same next season then when there in lge 2. me wonders.?
radio bolton. on 19:58 - Feb 11 with 19000 viewsKenBoon

Not sure the BBC is supposed to chase ratings. Ourselves, Oldham and Macc all have far more important games tonight.
radio bolton. on 20:15 - Feb 11 with 18935 viewssince58

radio bolton. on 19:58 - Feb 11 by KenBoon

Not sure the BBC is supposed to chase ratings. Ourselves, Oldham and Macc all have far more important games tonight.

Wigan also but were invisible. Fook off BBC.
radio bolton. on 20:24 - Feb 11 with 18884 viewsrochdaleriddler

But when they are at home, their massive fan base should be at the game, but they still are the commentary game

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

radio bolton. on 20:25 - Feb 11 with 18893 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Saved us the embarrassment of being the main match.
radio bolton. on 20:35 - Feb 11 with 18840 viewsThacks_Rabbits

radio bolton. on 20:25 - Feb 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

Just cancel your tv licence as a protest. Enforcement officers can’t do anything unless you let them in.

Not had one for 30 years!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

radio bolton. on 21:17 - Feb 11 with 18740 viewssince58

radio bolton. on 20:25 - Feb 11 by RooleyMoorBlue

Radio Bolton lose almost every week no embarresment there then.
Login to get fewer ads

radio bolton. on 21:50 - Feb 11 with 18656 viewsSandyman

In terms of support, Man Utd and Man City have by far the biggest numbers of supporters in the Radio Manc region, so why the blatant preference for Bolton?
radio bolton. on 21:52 - Feb 11 with 18645 viewsNinco

Is it still Jack Dearden who picks which game they broadcast?
radio bolton. on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 18619 viewsrochdaleriddler

radio bolton. on 21:50 - Feb 11 by Sandyman

In terms of support, Man Utd and Man City have by far the biggest numbers of supporters in the Radio Manc region, so why the blatant preference for Bolton?

They can’t do Utd games

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

radio bolton. on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 18609 viewssince58

radio bolton. on 21:52 - Feb 11 by Ninco

Is it still Jack Dearden who picks which game they broadcast?

He couldn't pick his nose.
radio bolton. on 11:51 - Feb 13 with 18292 viewsParkinsGimp

The Noblot fans still think they are a big club, and it seems Matey and his bumchums think the same. They are a no mark club at the moment and very lucky they still exist. Just too much delusions of grandeur over there. Look at the farce of trying to get into the stadium when we played in the league...pathetic club cant even manage a turnstyle and now they have an extremely arrogant manager just to fit in with their big club mentality.
We should ban Matey FM from the ground since they put that shyster FRMSE our way. Having said that , there was an idiot at the club who took them up on it!!!
radio bolton. on 14:25 - Feb 13 with 18120 viewsdalenumber2

Has anyone phoned in and asked them on air? Or complained and had an answer/explanation? I agree it's unbelievable how virtually 90% of the programme is Bolton focused.
radio bolton. on 14:30 - Feb 13 with 18093 viewsDaleiLama

radio bolton. on 14:25 - Feb 13 by dalenumber2

Has anyone phoned in and asked them on air? Or complained and had an answer/explanation? I agree it's unbelievable how virtually 90% of the programme is Bolton focused.

Better than that DN2 - a Daley went on masquerading as a Bolton fan and was pre-vetted for the phone-in and when it was his turn to speak, he outed himself and said this was the only way to get on, as he was turned down as a Daley. He proceeded to complain about all things Bolton and how biased Radio Bolton had become. It was hilarious. Can't remember his name but TVOS will (Clive or Clyde or summat)? Would love to listen to that again. Comedy gold.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

radio bolton. on 15:19 - Feb 13 with 18030 viewsdalenumber2

radio bolton. on 14:30 - Feb 13 by DaleiLama

Better than that DN2 - a Daley went on masquerading as a Bolton fan and was pre-vetted for the phone-in and when it was his turn to speak, he outed himself and said this was the only way to get on, as he was turned down as a Daley. He proceeded to complain about all things Bolton and how biased Radio Bolton had become. It was hilarious. Can't remember his name but TVOS will (Clive or Clyde or summat)? Would love to listen to that again. Comedy gold.

Wish I'd heard that. Am I hearing things or do they regularly refer to Bolton as 'we' and 'us', I'm sure I actually heard them do this after the Dale v Bolton game.
radio bolton. on 15:28 - Feb 13 with 18011 viewsfinberty

radio bolton. on 15:19 - Feb 13 by dalenumber2

Wish I'd heard that. Am I hearing things or do they regularly refer to Bolton as 'we' and 'us', I'm sure I actually heard them do this after the Dale v Bolton game.

Someone posted elsewhere at the time that Gowling referred to Rochdale as 'they' and 'the opposition'.

Might be worth him thinking about where his wages come from, because the last time I looked the BBC was a national broadcaster. If on the other hand, it only serves the people of Bolton, then the monthly licence fee is a significant saving for Mrs Berty to use elsewhere.
radio bolton. on 17:56 - Feb 13 with 17853 views49thseason

The BBC seems to have knack of being on the wrong side of a lot of things. Impartiality seems to be a thing of the past. Their output now seems increasingly based on opinion and commentary rather than straightforward reporting. Their insistance on shoehorning the latest metropolitan groupthink in every programme has turned millions away and encouraged millions more to stop paying the licence fee. Its time to scrap the "unique" way we pay for it .
radio bolton. on 19:14 - Feb 13 with 17699 viewsD_Alien

radio bolton. on 17:56 - Feb 13 by 49thseason

The BBC seems to have knack of being on the wrong side of a lot of things. Impartiality seems to be a thing of the past. Their output now seems increasingly based on opinion and commentary rather than straightforward reporting. Their insistance on shoehorning the latest metropolitan groupthink in every programme has turned millions away and encouraged millions more to stop paying the licence fee. Its time to scrap the "unique" way we pay for it .

You're absolutely correct

The only people who can be held responsible when (not if) the licence fee is scrapped will be those responsible for changing from a broadly impartial and highly-respected news medium to a transmission channel for the type of opinions roundly rejected by the electorate, much to it's dismay and bafflement

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

radio bolton. on 20:52 - Feb 13 with 17642 viewsrobtheb

This is the response I received from BBC Radio Manchester to an e-mail I sent after we played Bolton in October last year.

I highlighted the fact that being a local derby the commentators should be impartial
but they had referred to Bolton as "us" and "we" within their commentary, also the fact that they are biased in favour of Bolton.

Make your own mind up regarding their reply:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Reference CAS--...……..

Dear …………………

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We note your concerns regarding live sports coverage on BBC Radio Manchester.

Firstly, we’re sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately, we’ve taken longer to reply than usual — please accept our apologies.

Sadly, we don’t have the resources to be able to cover every event within a particular sport that we and our audiences might ideally like. Being publicly-funded we have to ensure the best value for money and fairness for all licence fee payers but this reality inevitably means that some events receive less coverage than others.

We’re sorry if you feel that these decisions are biased. We assure you that impartiality is a core value of the BBC. Looking back on previous episodes of the past couple of months, shows BBC Radio Manchester sport has covered various teams throughout the Northwest:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p001rshw/episodes/player

You may also be interested to find that the BBC has also dedicated coverage to Rochdale and Oldham Athletics on the BBC Sport website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rochdale
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/oldham-athletic

Whilst we acknowledge that we can’t please everyone, we thank you for your very valuable feedback which helps us to get a snapshot of our audiences’ tastes and preferences and will help us shape decisions on future programming.

I have included your points in our Audience Feedback Report to be seen by the right people quickly. This report is sent to the BBC Radio Manchester Sport production team and senior management across the BBC to help them make crucial decisions on the output they produce.

Kind Regards,
Brónach Dawson.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).
radio bolton. on 20:58 - Feb 13 with 17624 viewsdalenumber2

radio bolton. on 20:52 - Feb 13 by robtheb

This is the response I received from BBC Radio Manchester to an e-mail I sent after we played Bolton in October last year.

I highlighted the fact that being a local derby the commentators should be impartial
but they had referred to Bolton as "us" and "we" within their commentary, also the fact that they are biased in favour of Bolton.

Reference CAS--...……..

Dear …………………

Thank you for getting in touch with us. We note your concerns regarding live sports coverage on BBC Radio Manchester.

Firstly, we’re sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We know people appreciate a prompt response and unfortunately, we’ve taken longer to reply than usual — please accept our apologies.

Sadly, we don’t have the resources to be able to cover every event within a particular sport that we and our audiences might ideally like. Being publicly-funded we have to ensure the best value for money and fairness for all licence fee payers but this reality inevitably means that some events receive less coverage than others.

We’re sorry if you feel that these decisions are biased. We assure you that impartiality is a core value of the BBC. Looking back on previous episodes of the past couple of months, shows BBC Radio Manchester sport has covered various teams throughout the Northwest:

You may also be interested to find that the BBC has also dedicated coverage to Rochdale and Oldham Athletics on the BBC Sport website:

Whilst we acknowledge that we can’t please everyone, we thank you for your very valuable feedback which helps us to get a snapshot of our audiences’ tastes and preferences and will help us shape decisions on future programming.

I have included your points in our Audience Feedback Report to be seen by the right people quickly. This report is sent to the BBC Radio Manchester Sport production team and senior management across the BBC to help them make crucial decisions on the output they produce.

Kind Regards,
Brónach Dawson.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Please note: this email is sent from an unmonitored address so please don’t reply. If necessary please contact us through our webform (please include your case reference number).

Your email obviously fell on deaf ears.
radio bolton. on 21:18 - Feb 13 with 17576 viewsfinberty

Reference CAS--...……..

Dear …………………

Kind Regards,
Brónach Dawson.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Classic blame deflection is that - an apparent apology that isn't if you read it again:

"We’re sorry if you feel that these decisions are biased." Conditional. It's not we, the mighty BBC, but you, with your incorrect inferences.

Whilst I'm on this, I'm with D'Alien with the whole breakdown of what it used to be.

It employs two of the most incoherent speakers I have ever heard - Amol Rajan, its "Media Editor' who chews his words in a mumbling torrent, but sports a fine earring and flashes of gold, and Stacey Dooley, who pronounces many words through some form of mangle. Very Essex, and so, very street.

It also employs two correspondents, one of whom now earns a very fine salary indeed at your expense, an individual called Kamal Ahmed, formerly the Economics Editor and now a Big Cheese.

Somehow or other, and I don't know how, but I was able to glean his political views on Brexit quite early on.

From an impartial broadcaster, this should not have been possible.

Ditto the now toned-down Chris Mason, a political correspondent who was quite visibly unsettled by the 2016 referendum, and could not really contain his personal views.

Again, should have been impartial. Again, was not.

It also employs Jack Dearden, Alan Gowling and Jimmy Wagg.

And Superjohn.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2020 21:30]
radio bolton. on 21:19 - Feb 13 with 17563 viewsKenBoon

Reference CAS--...……..

Dear …………………

Kind Regards,
Brónach Dawson.

BBC Complaints Team
www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

Oldham Athletics 🤣
It could only be better if they called us Rochdale FC.
radio bolton. on 23:54 - Feb 13 with 17442 viewsDiddyDave

Back in the day the BBC and the ABC here in Australia,would employ proper sports journalists,now they just employ journalists. They come on,women mostly,reading from the auto cue thingamy and haven`t got a clue what they`re really on about. It`s cringe worthy,so amateurish,but this is what happens is this age of "equality".
When I was a kid in Rochdale,many moons ago I must admit,the media always referred to teams in all codes as "they" or "them",now they call teams "it". Why? Is this PC again? Maybe it`s just an Aussie and Kiwi thing,staying in the amateur days of sport or summat? Anybody got an answer,Fitzo might know.
radio bolton. on 09:08 - Feb 14 with 17338 viewsTVOS1907

radio bolton. on 23:54 - Feb 13 by DiddyDave

Back in the day the BBC and the ABC here in Australia,would employ proper sports journalists,now they just employ journalists. They come on,women mostly,reading from the auto cue thingamy and haven`t got a clue what they`re really on about. It`s cringe worthy,so amateurish,but this is what happens is this age of "equality".
When I was a kid in Rochdale,many moons ago I must admit,the media always referred to teams in all codes as "they" or "them",now they call teams "it". Why? Is this PC again? Maybe it`s just an Aussie and Kiwi thing,staying in the amateur days of sport or summat? Anybody got an answer,Fitzo might know.

Teams are still regularly referred to as "they" or "them".

Can you give an example of this "it" thing, as it's a new one on me?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024