Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City banned from playing in Europe. 18:32 - Feb 14 with 3534 views442Dale

[Post edited 14 Feb 2020 18:34]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

City banned from playing in Europe. on 18:42 - Feb 14 with 3497 viewsSandyman

Wonder what Matey will have to say on Radio Bolton ?
City banned from playing in Europe. on 18:48 - Feb 14 with 3475 views442Dale

City banned from playing in Europe. on 18:42 - Feb 14 by Sandyman

Wonder what Matey will have to say on Radio Bolton ?

Wagg will believe whatever City tell him.

Just like he did with Bury. Funny how he never mentions feeling bad about that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

City banned from playing in Europe. on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 3458 viewstodmordendale

Harsh, but the rules are rules. With the ludicrous amount of money about in the higher echelon of the game, it’s surprising that more clubs get away with it. They will appeal and probably have the ban suspenders for two years.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 19:01 - Feb 14 with 3431 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

City banned from playing in Europe. on 18:53 - Feb 14 by todmordendale

Harsh, but the rules are rules. With the ludicrous amount of money about in the higher echelon of the game, it’s surprising that more clubs get away with it. They will appeal and probably have the ban suspenders for two years.

I’d ban suspenders as well. No place for them in a football pitch...
City banned from playing in Europe. on 19:58 - Feb 14 with 3336 viewsKenBoon

How many times have PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona been mentioned on Matey FM tonight?
City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:00 - Feb 14 with 3327 viewsSandyman

City banned from playing in Europe. on 19:58 - Feb 14 by KenBoon

How many times have PSG, Real Madrid and Barcelona been mentioned on Matey FM tonight?

Not as many times as Bolton
City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:05 - Feb 14 with 3317 viewsKenBoon

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:12 - Feb 14 with 3289 viewsEllDale

Massive penalty although they will obviously appeal.
If an appeal is upheld though they will find it difficult to sign top drawer players and I can see Pep leaving.
Login to get fewer ads

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:55 - Feb 14 with 3217 viewsnordenblue

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:12 - Feb 14 by EllDale

Massive penalty although they will obviously appeal.
If an appeal is upheld though they will find it difficult to sign top drawer players and I can see Pep leaving.

They will get a much less "suspended" term on appeal, chuck enough brown envelopes around and they'll be just fine,UEFA are as corrupt as they come.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 21:59 - Feb 14 with 3148 viewssweetcorn

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:55 - Feb 14 by nordenblue

They will get a much less "suspended" term on appeal, chuck enough brown envelopes around and they'll be just fine,UEFA are as corrupt as they come.

Don’t think UEFA will be anything to do with the appeal, think it will be independently reviewed by CAS

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

City banned from playing in Europe. on 22:14 - Feb 14 with 3114 viewsTappers

So Man City have been found guilty of cheating last season and banned from CL however if they cheated in that competition surely they cheated in Prem FA Cup and League cup too so why isn’t our FA doing something about that.

Points should be deducted from their tally therefore Liverpool should be awarded 2018/19 title .. just a thought 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂
City banned from playing in Europe. on 23:59 - Feb 14 with 3030 viewsScunnydale

City banned from playing in Europe. on 22:14 - Feb 14 by Tappers

So Man City have been found guilty of cheating last season and banned from CL however if they cheated in that competition surely they cheated in Prem FA Cup and League cup too so why isn’t our FA doing something about that.

Points should be deducted from their tally therefore Liverpool should be awarded 2018/19 title .. just a thought 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😂

As far as I'm aware* there are different financial rules for European competitions. While I'm not doubting that Man City have been naughty in this respect, there must be generations of Real Madrid fans p*ssing themselves at this decision.

*My information comes solely from Football Manager.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 08:36 - Feb 15 with 2916 viewsAncoats_Blue

City banned from playing in Europe. on 23:59 - Feb 14 by Scunnydale

As far as I'm aware* there are different financial rules for European competitions. While I'm not doubting that Man City have been naughty in this respect, there must be generations of Real Madrid fans p*ssing themselves at this decision.

*My information comes solely from Football Manager.

Beat me to the Madrid reference. They’re pretty much openly state sponsored!

I’m a bit of a closet City fan as I’ve been to watch them quite a lot over the years but it’s blatant the sponsorship Income they’ve had is a piss take. This is probably a fair deterrent but I do think other clubs need sanctioning too.

I kind’ve hope this is a catalyst for bursting the bubble in European football with clubs chasing a dream they can’t afford and throwing billions around.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 2850 viewsAlexF

Yawn yawn. Envelopes will pass, City will be in the competition....
City banned from playing in Europe. on 13:11 - Feb 15 with 2746 viewsrochdaleriddler

The premier league is investigating, poss points deduction , CL for jack o Connell et al

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:47 - Feb 16 with 2573 viewsdownunder

Brian Clough once said

"As far as i'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating."
City banned from playing in Europe. on 02:05 - Feb 17 with 2477 viewspioneer

City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:47 - Feb 16 by downunder

Brian Clough once said

"As far as i'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating."

and 44 days later . . . . .

but his point is taken.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 13:38 - Jul 13 with 2008 viewsDaleiLama

And just like that .………….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

He's reported as putting in £1.3bn to City ( https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/13/manchester-city-accounts-sheikh and his personal worth is $22bn in 2018 according to Wiki (+/-). €10m fine and stay in CL with all the money that brings.

As if there was ever any doubt, you really can spend what you want in football and sod the consequences …. there aren't any!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

City banned from playing in Europe. on 13:57 - Jul 13 with 1961 viewsSuddenLad

City banned from playing in Europe. on 13:38 - Jul 13 by DaleiLama

And just like that .………….

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53387306

He's reported as putting in £1.3bn to City ( https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/13/manchester-city-accounts-sheikh and his personal worth is $22bn in 2018 according to Wiki (+/-). €10m fine and stay in CL with all the money that brings.

As if there was ever any doubt, you really can spend what you want in football and sod the consequences …. there aren't any!

The monetary fine was 'for failing to co-operate with the enquiry'.

€10m. Equivalent of paying for an extra player for a couple of seasons. Will have no effect whatsoever. Mind you, what monetary penalty would?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

City banned from playing in Europe. on 19:00 - Jul 13 with 1687 viewsjonahwhereru

This outcome is very disappointing for football. It just reconfirms that in the world of professional sport and it’s administration money is everything.
City banned from playing in Europe. on 20:17 - Jul 13 with 1622 viewsnordenblue

City banned from playing in Europe. on 19:00 - Jul 13 by jonahwhereru

This outcome is very disappointing for football. It just reconfirms that in the world of professional sport and it’s administration money is everything.

Similar to most other business?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024