Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Harry Gregg 07:42 - Feb 17 with 1027 viewsJames1980

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51400376

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

RIP Harry Gregg on 08:02 - Feb 17 with 1001 viewstodmordendale

A true hero, legend and gentleman. Had to wait 60 years for recognition of his bravery and lifetime achievement for his MBE.
RIP Harry Gregg on 11:21 - Feb 17 with 900 viewsEllDale

One of the most courageous keepers I ever saw.
Reputed to be hotheaded when he went into management though!
RIP Harry Gregg on 12:04 - Feb 17 with 861 viewsDiddyDave

Saved a lady and her little girl in the Munich Air Disaster,they were later reunited in a This Is Your Life program. Nat Lofthouse famously "shoulder charged" him into the back of the net in the third minute of the FA Cup Final in 1958,a goal that was somehow awarded to Lofthouse,not a Gregg own goal. He then went on to be awarded the best goalkeeper of the 1958 World Cup in Sweden for N.Ireland. I always thought Busby didn`t really give him a good run in the first team,preferring Ray Wood,then later David Gaskell a lot of the time. He was the first keeper I saw who preferred to play the short ball to a defender rather than the usual welly over the halfway line. Good keeper,but not a patch on fellow Irishman Pat Jennings. RIP Harry,a true United legend.
RIP Harry Gregg on 16:47 - Feb 17 with 752 viewsmingthemerciless

RIP Harry Gregg on 11:21 - Feb 17 by EllDale

One of the most courageous keepers I ever saw.
Reputed to be hotheaded when he went into management though!

He could be a bit hot headed on the pitch as well. I saw him knock Mike England out at Old Trafford one afternoon. He'd obviously been having a niggle with England during the game. A corner came over late on in the game and Harry just ran out and punched England in the side of the head way before the ball had arrived.
He didn't wait to get sent off he just carried on walking towards the tunnel.

Thanks for the memories Harry.
RIP Harry Gregg on 18:49 - Feb 17 with 705 viewsArthurDaley

RIP Harry Gregg on 16:47 - Feb 17 by mingthemerciless

He could be a bit hot headed on the pitch as well. I saw him knock Mike England out at Old Trafford one afternoon. He'd obviously been having a niggle with England during the game. A corner came over late on in the game and Harry just ran out and punched England in the side of the head way before the ball had arrived.
He didn't wait to get sent off he just carried on walking towards the tunnel.

Thanks for the memories Harry.

I can remember Harry getting sent of as well, one of my favorite players at OT. A proper goalkeeper in them days, no need for fancy gloves just a flat cap to keep the sun out. And he could do what keepers cant seem to do nowadays catch the fekin ball.

RIP Harry

A large VAT Dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024